Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IRS scammers pull this BS all of the time too, and to my knowledge the IRS never even calls anybody anyway. I think they successfully complete their scams by creating a false sense of urgency on the phone. But then again it should be clear that it's a scam when the power company/IRS/whatever asks for money wires/money orders/cash/etc.

This actually happened to my SO yesterday, definitely a thing.

Members don't see this ad.

This actually happened to my SO yesterday, definitely a thing.
It's happened a lot on my college campus the past few years. They always call and say the person filed their taxes incorrectly and they owe X amount by the end of the day or the IRS will put them in jail.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's happened a lot on my college campus the past few years. They always call and say the person filed their taxes incorrectly and they owe X amount by the end of the day or the IRS will put them in jail.

That's exactly what happened to him I guess, pretty crazy.

My rule of thumb for calls like this is to hang up and call my provider directly. There is no company on earth that will suddenly have no idea what you're talking about if you hang up and call a different line to the same company, but scammers try to discourage that kind of thing because they only operate the one phone

Definitely second callin a different anumber for the company. I had someone call and pretend to be from my bank's fraud service. I was a little suspicious immediately because they mentioned my bank's name and in the past my bank has never said their name when they call (which I first thought was super sketch) about fraudulent stuff. I then called the number the person provided to see what happened and was told the number didn't exist. So I ended up calling my bank's line fraud number to report it.

Definitely second callin a different anumber for the company. I had someone call and pretend to be from my bank's fraud service. I was a little suspicious immediately because they mentioned my bank's name and in the past my bank has never said their name when they call (which I first thought was super sketch) about fraudulent stuff. I then called the number the person provided to see what happened and was told the number didn't exist. So I ended up calling my bank's line fraud number to report it.
Yeah, I honestly never even take the number they give me, I just look it up online. I'm also kinda mean to scammers on the phone, though.

Man sketchers has some cute shoes for clinics. With memory foam bottoms for comfiness!
Do you have those and/or like them? Someone told me there's also a pair of Danskos with memory foam. Our school technically requires leather shoes for clinics but everyone just wears sneakers.

Do you have those and/or like them? Someone told me there's also a pair of Danskos with memory foam. Our school technically requires leather shoes for clinics but everyone just wears sneakers.
Yeah, most people did that at Tufts. I wore the heck out of my Danskos cause I invested in them. Memory foam seems like a good idea. I'm still looking for a good pair of sturdy work boot. Plus minus a steel toe :)

Yeah, most people did that at Tufts. I wore the heck out of my Danskos cause I invested in them. Memory foam seems like a good idea. I'm still looking for a good pair of sturdy work boot. Plus minus a steel toe :)
I love my Danskos and I think they definitely help with the standing around part of clinics! Just wondering if memory foam would help with the walking part haha. Plus, I've almost rolled my ankle running around the hospital the last few days.

We're not allowed to wear sneakers and there's no requirement on fabric. We have to wear nice shoes though so I wear the little flats from sketchers. I love them. I want another pair in a different color and fabric but they're expensive!

Man sketchers has some cute shoes for clinics. With memory foam bottoms for comfiness!

I have some and they are ah-mazing. I love love love mine. I have the slip on Go Walk 3 shoes in grey. They might not be the cutest shoes ever, but they look fine with scrubs or pants and nothing compares to the comfort for me. I get really sore feet easily, and I can easily got a 12 hour shift in these without any pain. I had the same pair that I wore to work every day for a year and a half and they still look new. Plus they are super easy to clean because of the materials. You can find really good sales which helps too.

I love my Danskos and I think they definitely help with the standing around part of clinics! Just wondering if memory foam would help with the walking part haha. Plus, I've almost rolled my ankle running around the hospital the last few days.
I roll my ankle all the time regardless of footwear. Stupid flat feet ....

Members don't see this ad :)
Crazy thoughts that come to me in the middle of the afternoon... I'm kind of in the mood to take my cat on a hike with me even though I know that can only end poorly.

His cat carrier can be put on my back like a backpack though (as in it was purposefully designed with straps for that), and it has tons of viewing windows for him to look out of. :thinking:

Reactions: 2 users
Crazy thoughts that come to me in the middle of the afternoon... I'm kind of in the mood to take my cat on a hike with me even though I know that can only end poorly.

His cat carrier can be put on my back like a backpack though (as in it was purposefully designed with straps for that), and it has tons of viewing windows for him to look out of. :thinking:
http://www.adventurecats.org/

Reactions: 1 user
I once rolled my ankle while brushing my teeth. No way am I putting Danskos on...
We're allowed to wear sneakers though so my feet are happy :)
My best was when I was 16. I still repeat this injury but never this bad. May be an age thing (ligaments and tendons were stretchy who knows) but I jumped a step, rolled my ankle and landed collapsed with all of my weight on that ankle. Worst sprain ever. Took months of PT and it still has the ugliest amount of scar tissue.

When I went to a podiatrist when I was young, (I have lots of calcium deposits on my ankle bones so they rub together when I walk and hurt like hell when I was little) she told me my bones roll around when I walk. It now reminds me of the neurologist I saw whom told me to stop studying when I said I have neck pain in addition to my migraines o_O:annoyed:

It now reminds me of the neurologist I saw whom told me to stop studying when I said I have neck pain in addition to my migraines o_O:annoyed:
A neurologist AND a GI doctor both told me to reduce stress in my life when I was getting terrible headaches and a recurring ulcer. I literally laughed at them because I was about 1.5 years away from finishing a PhD. Stressed was my normal state of being then.

View from this Sunday:

IMG_20160807_121731437_HDR.jpg

Two hours to biochem final :hungover:

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck, PBC! You got this :D

Also, how do you get your cat to not lay on your papers?!?

Reactions: 1 users
My cat wanted to help me read last night:

20160807_032241.jpg

I think magic may have been involved to keep PBC's cat off her papers.

Reactions: 4 users
He was very insistent that he was helping and looked up at me with very sad eyes when I tried to move him off it. ;)

I had to pick up his little arms every time I turned the page, though, and eventually that turned into him trying to eat my book. :yeahright:

He was very insistent that he was helping and looked up at me with very sad eyes when I tried to move him off it. ;)

I had to pick up his little arms every time I turned the page, though, and eventually that turned into him trying to eat my book. :yeahright:
Are you an Adam Ellis fan?!

Thanks guys!

I haven't taken it yet. :mad: The exam is proctored through a service called examity. It's all online, and we are supposed to be able to do it at home. I did the internet speed check to make sure I wouldn't have any issues, and then the proctor site totally crashed my computer. We couldn't get anything to work. The proctor people are all foreign and although they were trying to be helpful, communication was a little hindered. We fought with the system for an hour before they told me to just reschedule. Now I'm set to take the exam tomorrow (which is the very last day I can take it) and have someone cover the end of my shift at work. I'll be hanging out in my mom's boss' office and using one of their work computers. :cool:

I was all mentally prepared, but I guess it's kind of nice to have one more evening to study.

Boo, sorry PBC. I hope tomorrow goes smoothly and you rock your final :D

Even though A) I still have a gazillion rotations left and B) Haven't even taken the NAVLE and C) Don't even move for 9 months I can't stop looking up homes for rent where I'm headed. It's a good procrastination technique

Even though A) I still have a gazillion rotations left and B) Haven't even taken the NAVLE and C) Don't even move for 9 months I can't stop looking up homes for rent where I'm headed. It's a good procrastination technique

It's all about that light at the end of the tunnel... glowing ever so slightly brighter every day...

My cat is so soft. He's so fluffy.
My white younger cat is very soft and huggable, but he has always hated affection. As he gets older though, he is tolerating it better and even seeks it out some mornings. My nose get filled quite nicely with hug fluff. :X3:

My white younger cat is very soft and huggable, but he has always hated affection. As he gets older though, he is tolerating it better and even seeks it out some mornings. My nose get filled quite nicely with hug fluff. :X3:
Both of my cats are VERY snuggly. This one comes and snuggles up under your chin and puts his arm over your neck when you're laying down. And he LOVES belly rubs. And AAHHHHHH I just can't take his cuteness!

My cat is so soft. He's so fluffy.
My Gandalf is a big fluff so he's had to deal with being snuggled and squeezed since he was a baby. He does that flop thing when you pick him up, just goes limp. And lately he's been really affectionate with me, like walking up, getting in my lap, putting his paw on my chest, and rubbing his face on mine. If only he was like that all the time and didn't have his grumpy mood swings :love:

The Olympics is a great way to procrastinate. So many different, interesting niche sports. Plus, you know, eye candy.

Reactions: 4 users
The Olympics is a great way to procrastinate. So many different, interesting niche sports. Plus, you know, eye candy.
I haven't gotten anything productive done in the last 3 days...

Especially today, so much diving and gymnastics to watch ;)

My Gandalf is a big fluff so he's had to deal with being snuggled and squeezed since he was a baby. He does that flop thing when you pick him up, just goes limp. And lately he's been really affectionate with me, like walking up, getting in my lap, putting his paw on my chest, and rubbing his face on mine. If only he was like that all the time and didn't have his grumpy mood swings :love:
20141025_123440.jpg

This is Goose. 18lbs of fluff and snuggles and never a bad mood! I love him so much!

Reactions: 5 users
Swimmers with their muscles that flubble freaks me the eff out. Give me gore of all kind but don't shake your muscle out of the water. Add something else to my personal hell.

Synchronized diving is awesome though. And I loveeeee women's gymnastics. Team USA :love: we'll leave my fangirling at that.

Swimmers with their muscles that flubble freaks me the eff out. Give me gore of all kind but don't shake your muscle out of the water. Add something else to my personal hell.
:laugh:
Their arms are so long and flexible. When they stand on the blocks slapping their backs I'm not quite sure they're human sometimes.