Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
we are currently thinking the surgeon meant to say a tendonto avoid lateral when you are making a medial arthrotomy, its the only reasonable explanation we can come up with many books later
oh my god... I was here thinking I am going to fail the freaking NAVLE and be a terrible bet anyway!! lol

Reactions: 3 users
Amazon sent me an email thanking me for sending back a textbook rental, but all I can think about is the fifteen minutes it took me to jam my slightly-too-large box into the UPS Drop Box... :rofl:
Well that sounds vaguely dirty.

Any of you surgery-loving folks know what tendon you need to avoid when performing a medial stifle arthrotomy? My friend was asking tonight and I'm super bad at anatomy. It's why I chose a physiology heavy residency ;) Also why I avoid any surgery-type activities like the plague, including wound management of any kind.
Tendon or ligament? You want to avoid the medial collateral ligament. Avoiding the patellar tendon would be great too, but that's less in the way than the MCL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tendon or ligament? You want to avoid the medial collateral ligament. Avoiding the patellar tendon would be great too, but that's less in the way than the MCL.
She was asked what tendon to avoid, I look forward to finding out the answer today! Anatomically, the patellar tendon isn't where she was asked.

Lol, have to love the differences amongst people. You are all dying to know this answer and I'm all "I feel bad for the poor suckers that need to know that ish".... :laugh:

Reactions: 5 users
Lol, have to love the differences amongst people. You are all dying to know this answer and I'm all "I feel bad for the poor suckers that need to know that ish".... :laugh:
I'm dying to know...so I can immediately forget it hahaha

Apparently the answer was the long digital extensor tendon

Reactions: 1 users
I decided to skip on shower tonight because it is late and I've decided I will "wake up early to take a shower" :laugh:

In reality, I'm not waking up early, I'm waking up normal time and doing a speed shower and getting ready.

Lol, wake up early. Haha, I make funny jokes.

No I'm not drunk.

Reactions: 4 users
I decided to skip on shower tonight because it is late and I've decided I will "wake up early to take a shower" :laugh:

In reality, I'm not waking up early, I'm waking up normal time and doing a speed shower and getting ready.

No I'm not drunk.
This is my plan too. Brother in law is here and took my shower time. Cannot talk myself into doing it while everyone else sleeps at night. Morning will have to do. And yes, alarms will go off at normal times. I just gotta actually crawl out of bed rather than steal an extra few *cough20cough* minutes of sleep.

No I'm not drunk.
On days like that I skip the shower entirely I put up my hair in a braid up do thing so no one knoooooooows that I skipped showering! Lol

Reactions: 2 users
Working a night job has made me forget that no one else is awake this late and that texting them would be strange and/or downright rude. I always think of things I meant to tell or ask people at 3 am.

Working a night job has made me forget that no one else is awake this late and that texting them would be strange and/or downright rude. I always think of things I meant to tell or ask people at 3 am.
I always just text them anyway so they can wake up to my weird texts in the morning lol

I always just text them anyway so they can wake up to my weird texts in the morning lol

But I hate when texts wake me up during the day so I understand if people hate waking up to texts in the middle of the night. Occasionally I text them anyway.

In Olympic news: no more swimming, no more flubbery muscles. I want gymnastics damnit. Not when I'm sleeping. I don't want all these qualifying rounds of swimming to be replaced with running in circles. Arghhh

Trying to watch the olympics and now I'm giggling every time the swimmers jiggle their biceps. Thankssssssssssssss

Reactions: 4 users
Hope you had a marvelous b-day!! Maybe you have the weekend off for some wine?
I have a 4.5 day weekend with lots of wine scheduled :) Hopefully some kayaking if its not 10000 degrees out. Off today through monday afternoon, just because I could and it's been great so far!

But I hate when texts wake me up during the day so I understand if people hate waking up to texts in the middle of the night. Occasionally I text them anyway.
Don't most people turn the sound off when they go to bed? I mean, like notifications, I leave the ringer on. If it's an emergency, my people know to call rather than text.

Reactions: 1 user
haha! I keep everything on vibrate and about two feet away. That is enough to send me into a fit like when the toaster pops.
You people weird me out.

Each 5min snooze on my phone requires seven medium-difficulty math problems. To dismiss the alarm takes medium-hard ones. I probably do at least thirty every morning in a sleepy daze. Sleep like a freaking rock.

Reactions: 1 users
You people weird me out.

Each 5min snooze on my phone requires seven medium-difficulty math problems. To dismiss the alarm takes medium-hard ones. I probably do at least thirty every morning in a sleepy daze. Sleep like a freaking rock.

Lol, I used do this too. But I'd do easy to medium but then I'd be yelling at my phone, "I don't know what 28-15 is!!! Just shut up, it is 5AM, I wanna sleep!!!" Then I figured out how to bypass even that. Yeah, I'm rather adamant about sleeping and can sleep through quite a bit. I can't comprehend those who sleep like pieces of toast and pop up as soon as the alarm sound. Nope, can't do.

Lol, I used do this too. But I'd do easy to medium but then I'd be yelling at my phone, "I don't know what 28-15 is!!! Just shut up, it is 5AM, I wanna sleep!!!" Then I figured out how to bypass even that. Yeah, I'm rather adamant about sleeping and can sleep through quite a bit. I can't comprehend those who sleep like pieces of toast and pop up as soon as the alarm sound. Nope, can't do.
I can't make them any harder or pissed off sleepy Trilt just pulls the battery out of my phone. :rofl:

I pop up like toast. Don't get me wrong, I am decidedly not a morning person. But falling asleep takes a ridiculous amount of effort, so even when I try to hit the snooze, I just end up laying awake waiting for the damn thing to go off again. If I get woken up before my alarm, anything less than 30 minutes is deemed 'Too much effort, might as well lay here and watch last night's Daily Show on my tablet.' It has to be a good 45 minutes plus for it to be worth trying to fall asleep again.

I pop up like toast. Don't get me wrong, I am decidedly not a morning person. But falling asleep takes a ridiculous amount of effort, so even when I try to hit the snooze, I just end up laying awake waiting for the damn thing to go off again. If I get woken up before my alarm, anything less than 30 minutes is deemed 'Too much effort, might as well lay here and watch last night's Daily Show on my tablet.' It has to be a good 45 minutes plus for it to be worth trying to fall asleep again.

:laugh: And I am over here in the mornings going, "I can totally sleep for 5 more minutes, doing it"... however, I have a completely different viewpoint on naps. I very, very rarely "nap"... I just can't seem to sleep during the day and if I do decide to nap, it has to be at least an hour for me to consider it worthwhile.

You people weird me out.

I have this "gentle wake up" alarm thing that starts 2 minutes early and very gradually increases in volume. It still scares me ****less