Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what the acronym HEADS stands for for a dfdx list for VPCs? Cardio resident wants me to fill it out and on the struggle bus.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No. It's stupid.

H=heart/hypoxia
E=electrolytes
A=adrenal
D=drugs
S=spleen/spurious/systemic
the important take away message is that its frequently NOT the heart (unless its an ARVC breed) causing the VPCs. our cardiologist at my internship emphasized this heavily in that rounds topic because they got a lot of echo/ecg referrals that had other disease. over heard cardio saying something similarly to their students the other day too

the important take away message is that its frequently NOT the heart (unless its an ARVC breed) causing the VPCs. our cardiologist at my internship emphasized this heavily in that rounds topic because they got a lot of echo/ecg referrals that had other disease. over heard cardio saying something similarly to their students the other day too
No I know. But that was NOT how it was presented so I had no idea what she wanted

I have a professor, and his name is Dr Minghetti, and he's Italian, and it takes everything in my power to not accidentally call him Dr Spaghetti.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users
I have a professor, and his name is Dr Minghetti, and he's Italian, and it takes everything in my power to not accidentally call him Dr Spaghetti.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
One day you will fail.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I VERY JOKINGLY told my bestie she needs to set me up with one of her computer engineering friends so I won't be poor forever. And apparently she has been going around and telling people this. THANKS FOR MAKING ME SEEM LIKE A GOLD DIGGER.

And she wonders why I don't like to hang out with her CE friends. Cause I meet them and some obscure joking comment I've made to her is all they know about me and they think I'm insane.

I mean, I am, but they can figure that out later :p

Reactions: 4 users
I VERY JOKINGLY told my bestie she needs to set me up with one of her computer engineering friends so I won't be poor forever. And apparently she has been going around and telling people this. THANKS FOR MAKING ME SEEM LIKE A GOLD DIGGER.

And she wonders why I don't like to hang out with her CE friends. Cause I meet them and some obscure joking comment I've made to her is all they know about me and they think I'm insane.

I mean, I am, but they can figure that out later :p
:bang::annoyed:

Reactions: 1 users

I'm going to pretend that was about her telling people that and not me saying that :p

She knows I was kidding, and she says it came up in a conversation where "it was relevant," she just didn't bother to also tell them I was kidding. Cause she is evil and likes to embarrass me haha

I love the outdoors - totally into wilderness adventure.

Last weekend, I persuaded a DVM's wife to join me on a hike in a wilderness preserve. The DVM didn't want to join us, opting to stay home instead.

When we arrived at the wilderness trail, it seemed rather deserted. Hmmm ... very quiet today ... no other hikers - we happily proceeded onto one of the longer trails leading into the mountains and canyons.

However, after about 35 minutes, it became (audibly and visibly) obvious to us we had been joined along the trail by some other "wilderness pals" ... commonly known as rattlesnakes. Not just a few random rattlesnakes - which could be expected on any trail - but many snakes, as if it was a rattlesnake convention. Hiss-hiss-rattle-rattle. We finally looked at each other and said, "this trail has a lot of snakes. Let's go back, and go somewhere else."

When we turned around, we practically SPRINTED all the way back to the wilderness entrance! :)

I love the outdoors - totally into wilderness adventure.

Last weekend, I persuaded a DVM's wife to join me on a hike in a wilderness preserve. The DVM didn't want to join us, opting to stay home instead.

When we arrived at the wilderness trail, it seemed rather deserted. Hmmm ... very quiet today ... no other hikers - we happily proceeded onto one of the longer trails leading into the mountains and canyons.

However, after about 35 minutes, it became (audibly and visibly) obvious to us we had been joined along the trail by some other "wilderness pals" ... commonly known as rattlesnakes. Not just a few random rattlesnakes - which could be expected on any trail - but many snakes, as if it was a rattlesnake convention. Hiss-hiss-rattle-rattle. We finally looked at each other and said, "this trail has a lot of snakes. Let's go back, and go somewhere else."

When we turned around, we practically SPRINTED all the way back to the wilderness entrance! :)
Sounds like my kind of adventure! Hope you still had fun! :)

Reactions: 1 user
These came from a female dog ~60 lbs.. Been having accidents in the house and frequent, straining urination with blood. I bet she feels better.
image.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users
It was. BOO HISS, BAD FRAND!!

Dating is hard enough.........idiocy from friends makes it worse....

haha, I figured it was, but I also hardcore judged myself for having said it, so I wouldn't blame people from judging me too :p

Have a friend who raises akhal-tekes and has a mare due any time. I'm totally creeping on her WiFi camera trying to decide if she is showing signs enough for me to drive over and camp out...
:nailbiting::snaphappy::ninja::xf::love:

I brought home two bunnies a couple weeks ago from a rabbit show. They are adorable little Holland lops. It's been more than four months since I've shared my home with a rabbit. In that time, my body apparently forgot how to deal with rabbit related allergens (the rabbits themselves are less the problem than is the timothy hay that inevitably gets tossed everywhere). Somewhere I have a week's supply of Claritin.

5.6 magnitude earthquake with an epicenter 25 mi from me at 7am this morning. That was absolutely terrifying. I honestly didn't even know earthquakes were a thing here. First earthquake experience, go big or go home.

5.6 magnitude earthquake with an epicenter 25 mi from me at 7am this morning. That was absolutely terrifying. I honestly didn't even know earthquakes were a thing here. First earthquake experience, go big or go home.

Welcome to Oklahoma? It was apparently big enough to alarm pretty much everyone, even the folks that have lived there forever. I'm in Dallas but I did feel it here too...

Felt the earthquake in KCMO. Apparently back in Iowa and Nebraska, some felt it, too. Craziness.

Almost done with overnights. One more night after this. Hanging out with a long term neuro patient. People don't love her because she gets a little poopy when being moved due to a lot of pain but she's really sweet and has been snuggling me and nosing me for pets.

Grading O-chem quizzes and the question is what is the relationship between two molecules. The response, "Best friends?" made my day.

Reactions: 4 users
Grading O-chem quizzes and the question is what is the relationship between two molecules. The response, "Best friends?" made my day.
I've always hoped that TAs and professors got a little enjoyment out of grading my stuff when I had answers like that

When I was a TA I got permission to give absurdly tiny amounts of points for answers like that (like +.1 or whatnot). Big believer in rewarding those who entertain me. :p

Reactions: 2 users
Hahaha that's my school. I think we do them as part of some class or something, because there are so many of them on YouTube hahah

This is my favorite:

The professors dancing are my favorite part haha all but one are still our professors. My friends and I joked we should ask them to give us a live performance before each exam to raise our spirits :laugh:

Hahaha that's my school. I think we do them as part of some class or something, because there are so many of them on YouTube hahah

This is my favorite:

The professors dancing are my favorite part haha all but one are still our professors. My friends and I joked we should ask them to give us a live performance before each exam to raise our spirits :laugh:

The girl with the 73 has my backpack :eek:

During his MS, hubby had an essay question on his cardiology test that he just did not know an answer for. He drew a picture of himself as a superhero rushing in at the last second with the right answer. He delivered it with an apology and walked out shaking his head.

3 days later, tests come back and he'd been given like 20 points, enough to just get a passing grade because "the amusement value was worth every point."

I think he has that test in a box of things to frame eventually.

So, I have huge crushes on the Royal Ballet and NYC Ballet companies. I'm planning a big trip with my sister, and originally I was all full of plans to go to England (+ or - Scotland and Ireland as well) so we could go to the Royal Opera House. She's not eager to leave the states though, and that trip would be expensive. So I'm readjusting my ambitions, and now I'm dreaming up a trip to New York (we'd fly from Tennessee, where she lives) to see the NYC Ballet. I think it would be really fun to rent a car and drive either down the coast to Maryland or up toward Maine and enjoy yummy seafood and pretty scenery. Neither of us have ever been in that part of the country, so the whole thing would be an adventure.

The problem is that this trip would also be expensive. I'm willing to pay for it, but the entire trip (except for the driving and seafood part) would just be to fulfill my dream to see that specific ballet company. I'm not sure whether I can justify it. We could always see other ballet performances in Tennessee, and I would spend wayyy less money if we just explored around Tennessee/Mississippi and didn't fly anywhere. (The biggest cost would be for me to fly from Idaho to visit her.) But seeing just any ballet company wouldn't be the same as seeing the NYC ballet. :rolleyes: Thus my dilemma.

Can anyone talk me down? Pretty soon I'm going to be in too deep a planning hole and this thing is going to happen, whether or not it's fiscally responsible.

So, I have huge crushes on the Royal Ballet and NYC Ballet companies. I'm planning a big trip with my sister, and originally I was all full of plans to go to England (+ or - Scotland and Ireland as well) so we could go to the Royal Opera House. She's not eager to leave the states though, and that trip would be expensive. So I'm readjusting my ambitions, and now I'm dreaming up a trip to New York (we'd fly from Tennessee, where she lives) to see the NYC Ballet. I think it would be really fun to rent a car and drive either down the coast to Maryland or up toward Maine and enjoy yummy seafood and pretty scenery. Neither of us have ever been in that part of the country, so the whole thing would be an adventure.

The problem is that this trip would also be expensive. I'm willing to pay for it, but the entire trip (except for the driving and seafood part) would just be to fulfill my dream to see that specific ballet company. I'm not sure whether I can justify it. We could always see other ballet performances in Tennessee, and I would spend wayyy less money if we just explored around Tennessee/Mississippi and didn't fly anywhere. (The biggest cost would be for me to fly from Idaho to visit her.) But seeing just any ballet company wouldn't be the same as seeing the NYC ballet. :rolleyes: Thus my dilemma.

Can anyone talk me down? Pretty soon I'm going to be in too deep a planning hole and this thing is going to happen, whether or not it's fiscally responsible.
Could you do a smaller trip now? Figure out the costs, how you liked adventuring with your sister, etc. Then, start saving/planning for your big trip down the line? I love ballet too! You won't regret going, even if it is a lot of money right now. I find that you never regret making those memories or having those experiences. :)

Could you do a smaller trip now? Figure out the costs, how you liked adventuring with your sister, etc. Then, start saving/planning for your big trip down the line? I love ballet too! You won't regret going, even if it is a lot of money right now. I find that you never regret making those memories or having those experiences. :)

Thanks! My sister has been away for school for the past 3-4 years now, and no matter what we do it'll be great to spend some time with her. I'm planning to visit her over summer break. I won't have any classes next semester, so I was going to save what I normally spend on tuition and put it towards our trip instead. (If I was a responsible person I'd put it all in a savings account . . . ;))

We're hiring two PT people at work right now. It's been about a week, and we've already received well over 40 resumes. :eek:

Most of them are pre-vet students from the two nearby universities. I wish we could hire all 40+ students (their emails are so cute, and they all sound so eager and so excited! I want them all!), but I also want to warn them all to stay far, far away from this place.