Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I leave the USA Aug 1st and arrive Aug 2nd. I am doing the dorm option so I couldn't really come earlier unless I wanted to live out of hostels/hotels for extended periods, I am already staying in a hostel for 2 days once I get there.

Sounds fun... Too bad you couldn't get here earlier to look around. I have been learning the bus routes. Now I just need to find a place to live since I decided to skip on the dorm option.. Flats rent out rather quickly around here.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can totally respect bubbles! I don't have one :laugh: but I can definitely stay out of yours :D

I am really bad with the personal space thing.. During the 7 hour layover we had in London I was trying to locate a place to sit in the sitting area and my mom found an area with two chairs open next to each other but then I would have been sandwiched between my mom and someone I did not know so I kept walking around until I found a place where there were a few open chairs next to each other... I am really bad when it comes to my personal bubble. I also hate it when someone will come up and sit right next to or near me in a rather empty place... seriously... there is plenty of room spread out...

I am really bad with the personal space thing.. During the 7 hour layover we had in London I was trying to locate a place to sit in the sitting area and my mom found an area with two chairs open next to each other but then I would have been sandwiched between my mom and someone I did not know so I kept walking around until I found a place where there were a few open chairs next to each other... I am really bad when it comes to my personal bubble. I also hate it when someone will come up and sit right next to or near me in a rather empty place... seriously... there is plenty of room spread out...

I hear you about the personal bubble. It's like that if I don't know people. I have become more of a hugger lately though. I guess maybe because I'm just happier with myself and my friends. Oh and I'd totally drink a margarita with you DVM. I do prefer them of the strawberry kind with tequila that tastes like dirt and hairspray. :p

I've never heard of "personal bubbles" until I came to the US. Crazy concept. ;)

:laugh:

I'm used to German town parties. Everybody goes to them, even kids. There is no room for bubbles. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
:scared: I don't know if I want to drink with you guys anymore, I fear for my safety should I accidentally bump into you or something

Who is more sinister? The subtle one or the upfront one? :smuggrin:

I think both are in a very different way - I wouldn't mess with either one of us :smuggrin:

:scared: I don't know if I want to drink with you guys anymore, I fear for my safety should I accidentally bump into you or something

Just buy me a drink and I will forgive you...... (maybe)

trail1.jpg

Got my herrrs did. Nothing big, but I took a few inches off. I wanna see yours Dyachei. :D

Poof

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1342823976.199427.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Great pictures, DVM! :love: I'm so jealous! I really hope I can go over there sometime to visit. If for some reason it won't work out with my bf, I will definitively think about going to school there!

And Emiloo, for a second I believed that Lissa got a haircut, too. Until you fixed it. :laugh:

Is it weird that I'm still listening to that Axis of Awesome song? I just really like it. :laugh:

Cool shot with the olympic rings! It looks beautiful! Are you getting more excited now that you're there? :D

Yes, I am. I will be really excited once I have a place to live and I have met some people... I am kind of feeling alone right now, well my mom is with me but she won't be here forever.

Emiloo, great picture, love the haircut, it is about the same length I cut mine... although mine is shorter because it is very curly.

Great pictures, DVM! :love: I'm so jealous! I really hope I can go over there sometime to visit. If for some reason it won't work out with my bf, I will definitively think about going to school there!

And Emiloo, for a second I believed that Lissa got a haircut, too. Until you fixed it. :laugh:

You should apply to Edinburgh.... then you can join all of us cool UK SDNers...:D

You should apply to Edinburgh.... then you can join all of us cool UK SDNers...:D

I am very tempted. I'd love to move to another country again. I never thought I'd like the moving, but living in new places like that is awesome.

Is Edinburgh the one that has the 4 year program? I read a little bit in that UK thread that popped up a few days ago but don't remember which schools have the 4 years and which don't.

I am very tempted. I'd love to move to another country again. I never thought I'd like the moving, but living in new places like that is awesome.

Is Edinburgh the one that has the 4 year program? I read a little bit in that UK thread that popped up a few days ago but don't remember which schools have the 4 years and which don't.

Yes, Edinburgh has a 4 year program. :D

I wish I had gotten a haircut. It needs it so bad.

Good. :cool:

I'm so jealous (I can't seem to say that enough). It looks so pretty. :love:

Do you have a blog? I'd love to read about everything!

No, I don't have a blog... I thought about it but I am not very good at keeping them up to date and I am rather boring when it comes to reading things that I have written....

No, I don't have a blog... I thought about it but I am not very good at keeping them up to date and I am rather boring when it comes to reading things that I have written....

I was terrible at keeping it up in the beginning, but it just becomes a habit eventually. And mine sounds awful to me, but who cares. People don't have to read it. :laugh:

I was terrible at keeping it up in the beginning, but it just becomes a habit eventually. And mine sounds awful to me, but who cares. People don't have to read it. :laugh:

:laugh: True. No one has to read it....

I don't know I am just not a good writer and I get writer's block easily and end up deleting everything I have written and starting over mulptile times. Maybe I could create a blog but I would have to think about it. I know it can sometimes help when I get all stressed out because I can just vent out loud and then all of the steam is gone once it is out.....

:laugh: True. No one has to read it....

I don't know I am just not a good writer and I get writer's block easily and end up deleting everything I have written and starting over mulptile times. Maybe I could create a blog but I would have to think about it. I know it can sometimes help when I get all stressed out because I can just vent out loud and then all of the steam is gone once it is out.....

It's where I write about my problems and it helps. If it's too much for people, they can stop reading. :laugh:

:laugh:

If I end up creating a blog I will let you know... :)

Awesome. :love:

Reading is what gets me through stressful times. It's a good thing I have the puppy. That way I have to leave the house regularly next week... :laugh:

It is 1:15AM and I am wide awake. I feel like it should be about 7 or 8PM right now... it doesn't help that it doesn't start getting dark here until around 10PM... See above pictures for reference those were taken at 9:30PM.

Do you have anything important to do tomorrow? If not, you should try to stay up all night tonight and then stay up until at least 9 or 10 tomorrow night. That's how I get over my jetlag. Make myself so tired that I have to go to bed at a regular time and it helps me get into the time zone.

Do you have anything important to do tomorrow? If not, you should try to stay up all night tonight and then stay up until at least 9 or 10 tomorrow night. That's how I get over my jetlag. Make myself so tired that I have to go to bed at a regular time and it helps me get into the time zone.

Yes, I need to try to look at some more flats. Hopefully, I will be able to view this one tomorrow morning, it looks really nice and it isn't too horribly expensive.. If it looks anything like the pictures that is where I will be living... :xf::xf:

Can you help me find where the tuition and entry requirements are on the website? :laugh:

Yes, I need to try to look at some more flats. Hopefully, I will be able to view this one tomorrow morning, it looks really nice and it isn't too horribly expensive.. If it looks anything like the pictures that is where I will be living... :xf::xf:

I hope it's the right one! :luck: