Rank in difficulty of matching

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

versace

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
put these in order of difficulty of matching into

endo
prosth
omfs
ortho
perio
pedo

Members don't see this ad.

literally depends almost entirely on the individual programs. I feel like you already knew that.

Since pros doesn't participate in the Match, I guess I'd have to put it at the top of the list. It's so difficult to match into pros that it is LITERALLY impossible!

Members don't see this ad :)
put these in order of difficulty of matching into

endo
prosth
omfs
ortho
perio
pedo

Shouldn't you be busy with your lucrative business?

Who cares about specializing when you are already a business man

Reactions: 1 users

Reported, maybe instead of being jealous of me you should pick up a book and start studying

Reported, maybe instead of being jealous of me you should pick up a book and start studying

bender-laughing.gif

Speaking of these lucrative private businesses, any word on how they dont exist yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Speaking of these lucrative private businesses, any word on how they dont exist yet?
Any word on how your neck deep in debt and you're only an undergrad?

Damn. Stone cold killer in our presence...................and with a name like Versace too.

Members don't see this ad :)

No debt. Buuut unfortunately i dont own even a single lucrative business so i midas well give up now eh

I'll take a shot at it. Disclaimer: I'm not trying to specialize or really know too much about these, but here's my guess.

OMFS>ortho>>pedo>endo>perio>prosth

Now let's see what everyone else thinks!

I'll take a shot at it. Disclaimer: I'm not trying to specialize or really know too much about these, but here's my guess.

OMFS>ortho>>pedo>endo>perio>prosth

Now let's see what everyone else thinks!
16 comments, 1st answer, thanks

People in the medical forum rank specialties all the time - idk why everyone in the dental forum has a chip on their shoulders about this ****

I'll bite

OMFS = Ortho =~ or > Endo > Pedo >>>> perio>prost

Endo doesn't usually come into play 3rd year bc you need a GPR or experience, and OMFS has extra work involved in applying... not everyone wants to study to take the CBSE so a few of the lesser willed souls drop out. With this in mind ortho is "probably" the most competitive coming out of D school...

Now whichever one's the best really depends on your personality and interests

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from high test scores and good grades what can one do in dental school to have a higher chance of matching ortho? I do a lot of sports on the side but don't think I'd be able to count those

Aside from high test scores and good grades what can one do in dental school to have a higher chance of matching ortho? I do a lot of sports on the side but don't think I'd be able to count those
Network with well known academic orthos and do ortho research. If your school has an ortho department, get everyone to like you/ respect you. Never burn bridges with anyone.

Kids from my school always have a hard time matching Ortho. Ortho >> OMFS > Endo > Pedo=Perio > Prosth. Many of the graduating 4th years were in the bottom 3rd of the class and still matched Pedo

I would just focus on sports and starting multiple, random threads on SDN over a 10 day span.

Reactions: 7 users
Dude, you are coming out real aggressive with questions. I don't have an opinion for your post, but just wanted to say that I was impressed with how many threads you could start in such a short time period. Proud of you.
Take it you're not proud anymore?

Take it you're not proud anymore?

Nah, just exhausted by you.

It could be a new thread topic for you:

"What residency do you get the most tired in and still get good business training while it's the hardest to match into and get paid the most and has the hottest chicks?"

^Shut the **** up dude - if you don't have any answers, don't post. I swear this form is full of a bunch of stupid 20 year olds who jerk themselves off to dissing other people on the internet. I was going to be quiet - but I just started reading SDN again and remembered how annoying pre-med/pre-dental/pre-health students are

Mods - what exactly is the point of letting this behavior go on?

^Shut the **** up dude - if you don't have any answers, don't post. I swear this form is full of a bunch of stupid 20 year olds who jerk themselves off to dissing other people on the internet. I was going to be quiet - but I just started reading SDN again and remembered how annoying pre-med/pre-dental/pre-health students are

Chill out brah. You can always ignore those posts, no one's forcing you to read them

Or you could be a chief resident in OMS who actually enjoys most of the conversations on SDN. I would like to think that I have contributed to multiple scholastic arguments on this board. I also am a complete smart ass who has 3 weeks of residency left and nothing to do......so this is my entertainment.

But back to your post, I do wish I was 20 again and participating in your proposed activities more often. Those were the days.......

Please keep future threads on track and refrain from personal attacks on SDN. Remember we're all in this for the same reason, so let's keep the atmosphere in here supportive and cordial. Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.