Rank the Degree of Acceptance Difficulty for Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

O Gaúcho

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aloha!

So I was just thinking about all of the Dental schools here in California and the difficulty of acceptance when compared to one another. Of course I know that all of them are HARD to get into. We know that. But the question is more of a comparison for each school.

Here is a list:

Members don't see this ad.

This is kindling for a fire my friend.

Reactions: 3 users
1. ucla
2. ucsf
3. uop
4. usc/western
5'ish: loma linda ( religious = good; not religious = harder)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
1. ucla
2. ucsf
3. uop
4. usc/western

1. UCSF
2. UCLA
3. UOP
4. USC/Western
99. Loma Linda.

*fixed. :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have to be adventist to go to Loma Linda? And if they accept people from outside of their religion do they accept many?

Do you have to be adventist to go to Loma Linda? And if they accept people from outside of their religion do they accept many?
You do not have to be but obviously they prefer students be SDA.

1. ucla
2. ucsf
3. uop
4. usc/western
I'd say:

1. UCSF/UCLA almost the same difficulty (rejected at UCSF, and didnt apply to UCLA)
2. UOP (didnt apply)
3. Loma Linda (rejected at Loma Linda.. they told me to retake my DAT because of my 17 RC..Been volunteering there for 3-4 yrs ouch :()
4. USC
5. Western

I'm just going to point out to everyone who applies, that there is so much luck involved it's unreal. My 2 best chances for schools I was wait listed and denied to (this includes my state school). One of the most unfriendly to OOS schools I got and interview and was accepted to. Honestly choose based on price and your favorite schools. I spent a solid 2 months researching where to apply and for some reason none of my predictions came true. Yes this has many factors involved, but I don't think my performance at any of the interviews was much different, and what I thought was my worst interview lead to a Dec. 1st acceptance.

It isn't a science, don't worry so much, and just pick those schools that interest you most (save for Ivy if it's a stretch).