Ranking of DO schools with graduates entering primary care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jinyaoysiu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scroll down and click on the full rankings to find the school that you're interested in. Some schools have a great majority of their students entering primary care while most of the students from other schools specialize.

Perhaps this could help you decide on a school that fits you.
http://www.amsa.org/programs/pcscore8.cfm

Members don't see this ad.

Funny...MSUCOM is the only school w/o stats posted. :confused:

yposhelley said:
Funny...MSUCOM is the only school w/o stats posted. :confused:

ummm, I didn't see UMDNJ posted either. hmm??

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, I knew that Pikesville really pushed primary care, but I wasn't aware that AZCOM had such a high number of grads going into primary care.

There were some other surprises, too. Kirksville only puts like 45% of grads in primary care.

I was surprised about AZCOM. does this have much to do with the rotation set up. Does the state of Arizona prevent DO from speciallizing... well maybe not prevent.. but make it more difficult. I also thought KCOM would be higher.

Sorry to be a dim newbie...but what is "TRI" in the first column of the full report?

Ock

yeah I was surprised by this report also to see some schools crank out as many as 80% of its graduates into primary care.

And surprised to see only 41% of COMP/Western graduates enter primary care, which is the 2nd lowest of all DO schools.

I wonder if these numbers fit the AOA and schools vision for each respective institution?

Dr. Mom, perhaps you can say, since you are on that AOA liason committee.

S

kcumb has about 45% entering a "primary care" area. spiffy... :sleep:

many consider obstetrics as a primary care field along with FM, IM and peds. didn't see the numbers for those up there.

Nate said:
If you hit the link to see all Osteopathic Schools UMDNJ is there with 50% going to primary care.

ahhhhh, I was way too lazy last night. Thanks!

-J

what is considered primary care? FP, IM, Peds? or also EM, OB, General Surgery??

i think em is kinda weird in this respect. some ppl do consider it a primary care, while others a specialty. i live here on the border of missiouri and kansas and have looked up some of their laws. apparently missouri does not consider it a primary care area, while kansas in fact does.

food for though...

hmmm... dood... im hungry again... dah...

can this be due to rotations or the state making it more difficult for DOs to do other stuff. Or it is just the luck of the draw that year.