RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
they're Italian Greyhounds so their legs are constructed of toothpicks and pipe cleaners and rubber bands rather than bones and ligaments and muscles.
Hey! That is not...
well they aren't so...
I mean, come on...
But....

Ok, fine. Maybe you are right.

Members don't see this ad.

Grrr. I work one whole shift at a shelter and manage to rack up bruises on my thighs from Overentusiastic Pit Bull, a bruise on my hand from OPB's leash, and scratches up and down both arms from Grumpy Kitty. And now I'm thinking one of the scratches is infected. :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
So now that all of my Christmas presents have officially arrived, I can confidently say that my boyfriend thinks I'm a man :laugh:

A new tackle box, a gun for my Cabella's Big Hunter game, a camouflage blanket, a shake weight, wool socks, and Realtree Camo/Big Buck dish set (plates, bowls, and coffee mugs)... ya know, the normal girly gifts ;)

Sadly, I have to admit... I like them all :oops:

You could easily crack a joke about it at the interview! War wounds, ya? Good luck at your interview!

It could make for a good ice breaker.

:laugh: Sounds like you're having a fabulous week! I'm in the same boat, sort of. I had a wonderfully "lively" cat basically try to climb up my arm when one of the techs lost her grip on his scruff. My right arm looks like I ran into Freddy Krueger. :rolleyes:

Go with the band-aid. Who knows, maybe they'll ask you if you've ever been injured on the job? ha!

Cats are not fun when they freak out. Did you just get scratched or did the kitty bite you too? I hate cat bites. I have also had my arm get massacred by cat claws but I was the one restraining and the cat made some weird contortionist moves and ended up clawing the same arm I had it scruffed in while he was still scruffed.

Italian greyhounds?
=shudders=
No thanks, someone else can have the honor of drawing blood from them.
I'll take a full-size model anyday lol

Oops. You're right. I just saw greyhounds and blanked on the italian part. Yes, I don't think italians would be all that useful with their little ... what ... 10 lb? bodies.

Oops. You're right. I just saw greyhounds and blanked on the italian part. Yes, I don't think italians would be all that useful with their little ... what ... 10 lb? bodies.
Yeah. At Penn I think they need to be over 40lbs to donate blood (or something like that). My 2 IGs + my cat still are just under 30lbs combined.

Grrr. I work one whole shift at a shelter and manage to rack up bruises on my thighs from Overentusiastic Pit Bull, a bruise on my hand from OPB's leash, and scratches up and down both arms from Grumpy Kitty. And now I'm thinking one of the scratches is infected. :mad:

yep yep, good memories. One full week of doing AM/PM treatments in the dog kennels of a good sized shelter will leave you looking like a battered woman. The funny thing is, you do feel all the "ouches" as exuberant dogs jump all over you or you just take that claw in your arm as you pill the angry cat, but you don't realize exactly how much damage has occurred until you see yourself naked.

perhaps if you were looking to replenish the blood supply of a very small mouse that somehow cross-matched with canine blood....

:rolleyes: Since yer too busy to read the rest of the thread before taking advantage of the opportunity to hack on someone....

Members don't see this ad :)
A new tackle box, a gun for my Cabella's Big Hunter game, a camouflage blanket, a shake weight, wool socks, and Realtree Camo/Big Buck dish set (plates, bowls, and coffee mugs)... ya know, the normal girly gifts ;)

Haha, Emiloo, your Christmas sounds just like mine a couple of years ago. My honey got me a big red tool chest from Sears, filled with tools... and I got him cashmere. It was the perfect Christmas.

Congrats on the interview invite, by the way, excellent news :)

Cats are not fun when they freak out. Did you just get scratched or did the kitty bite you too? I hate cat bites. I have also had my arm get massacred by cat claws but I was the one restraining and the cat made some weird contortionist moves and ended up clawing the same arm I had it scruffed in while he was still scruffed.

Luckily it was just the claws, no teeth! The best part was when a client picking up his very ornery cats from grooming today automatically assumed one of his cats was the culprit. :laugh:
Restrained cats are like freakin' Gumby. You're still holding their head, yet somehow your hand is in their mouth. :wtf:

Seriously! This rooming agreement cannot be good for anyone involved.

Also, as far as paying him for driving around... give a high-number estimate for the amount of hours he drove you around and multiply that by minimum wage. Estimate how much gas money that would be. Add it up. I sincerely doubt it would be anywhere near $340. That is ridiculous and you should not have to suck up a month of rent.
That sounds like a much more accurate way of determining what you "owe" this guy. I hope this works out for you soon.

Luckily it was just the claws, no teeth! The best part was when a client picking up his very ornery cats from grooming today automatically assumed one of his cats was the culprit. :laugh:
Restrained cats are like freakin' Gumby. You're still holding their head, yet somehow your hand is in their mouth. :wtf:

What exactly do you guys do for cats that are in grooming? Just like clipping mats and brushing or...? My cold-med brain is coming up with images of groomers wrestling cats for baths and it doesn't quite compute in my head right now.

What exactly do you guys do for cats that are in grooming? Just like clipping mats and brushing or...? My cold-med brain is coming up with images of groomers wrestling cats for baths and it doesn't quite compute in my head right now.

Thank Dog *I* don't do grooming (I'm sure the owners are glad, too!), but I've seen the groomers at my clinic do everything from just a simple dry bath and brush to a full shave-down. Google "lion cut"...long haired cats get subjected to this particular kind of torture. :laugh: Plenty of cats need at least mild sedation, but some are quite accepting of the whole ordeal.

Oddly enough, one of my own cats tries to sneak into the shower all the time. Weirdo.
Get well soon, Kakurubird!!

I'm leaving shortly to pick up my best friend and her 10 yr old dane. Then we're walking him down Yorktown beach, going through the drive-thru for cheeseburgers and a huge chocolate milkshake for him before taking him to cross the bridge. He has osteosarcoma, multiple pain meds aren't controlling it anymore and aggressive treatment is not an option for him.

This is the same best friend that just lost her Daddy before Thanksgiving to pancreatic cancer. My heart is sooo heavy for her, and there's not a damn thing I can do to fix it.

I'm leaving shortly to pick up my best friend and her 10 yr old dane. Then we're walking him down Yorktown beach, going through the drive-thru for cheeseburgers and a huge chocolate milkshake for him before taking him to cross the bridge. He has osteosarcoma, multiple pain meds aren't controlling it anymore and aggressive treatment is not an option for him.

This is the same best friend that just lost her Daddy before Thanksgiving to pancreatic cancer. My heart is sooo heavy for her, and there's not a damn thing I can do to fix it.

All the best to you and your friend... :( I feel for you! My dog had a hemangio, and he had a cheeseburger and fries too :) Its great she's got a friend like you to help her through this time ... :)

Thanks everyone for allowing me to rant.
I talked with him last night and did not even get an apology. Apparently, it was "inappropriate" for me to get mad at him VIA text message for leaving the city without telling me and without giving me rent in December (I do not believe I mentioned he did that... but he was 15 days late on the rent, he told me he had the money, then he left the city without telling me and without the rent. He wondered why I was mad at him.)

I developed a bad headache at the clinic yesterday. One that Tylenol would not kill. One that got worse when I moved. I had to run after a bus and endure 1hr 15 minute commute (20 minutes of which I stood outside in -20 C because I had just missed my transfer... and I was a 5 minute car ride from home). It was like pouring alcohol in an open wound. I have a feeling that Fridays this semester are NOT going to be fun.

I developed a bad headache at the clinic yesterday. One that Tylenol would not kill. One that got worse when I moved. I had to run after a bus and endure 1hr 15 minute commute (20 minutes of which I stood outside in -20 C because I had just missed my transfer... and I was a 5 minute car ride from home). It was like pouring alcohol in an open wound. I have a feeling that Fridays this semester are NOT going to be fun.

Props to you for going through so much every Friday to make your dreams come true! That kind of dedication ALWAYS pays off eventually! Hang in there!:thumbup:

Thank Dog *I* don't do grooming (I'm sure the owners are glad, too!), but I've seen the groomers at my clinic do everything from just a simple dry bath and brush to a full shave-down. Google "lion cut"...long haired cats get subjected to this particular kind of torture. :laugh: Plenty of cats need at least mild sedation, but some are quite accepting of the whole ordeal.

Oddly enough, one of my own cats tries to sneak into the shower all the time. Weirdo.
Get well soon, Kakurubird!!

Just googled this. Hahaha. Poor kitties look so silly!

Thanks for the get well wishes. Dayquil/Nyquil are definitely getting me through this past week and this weekend.

Trip to Philadelphia. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Parking ticket. Not so much. Left card in restaurant. Walked to restaurant. Forgot ID. drove to restaurant. Forgot to put money in meter. Was gone less than 10 minutes. Got ticket. Success? I think I'm going to burrow and not come out......:bang:

All the best to you and your friend... :( I feel for you! My dog had a hemangio, and he had a cheeseburger and fries too :) Its great she's got a friend like you to help her through this time ... :)

Thanks. I just don't know where to start. Or end. It was a gorgeous day here in SE Virginia, temps of about 60 degrees & sunny. An awesome day for an awesome boy, even though he only tolerated the activity for about 5-10 minutes. He was ready. He curled up with his head in his Mom's lap, relaxed as if he knew what was going to happen. Then she & I went to our favorite watering hole & toasted one of the best dogs ever. I'm home now, but it still sucks. I'm glad he's no longer in pain, but it sucks. However, it's a part of vet med that I cherish: humane, end of life decisions. You will hardly ever, if NEVER, see that in human med. And for that, I am grateful.

Trip to Philadelphia. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Parking ticket. Not so much. Left card in restaurant. Walked to restaurant. Forgot ID. drove to restaurant. Forgot to put money in meter. Was gone less than 10 minutes. Got ticket. Success? I think I'm going to burrow and not come out......:bang:

I made a trip to Philly a few years ago. Never. Again. I. am. so. not. a. Philly. Person.

Thanks. I just don't know where to start. Or end. It was a gorgeous day here in SE Virginia, temps of about 60 degrees & sunny. An awesome day for an awesome boy, even though he only tolerated the activity for about 5-10 minutes. He was ready. He curled up with his head in his Mom's lap, relaxed as if he knew what was going to happen. Then she & I went to our favorite watering hole & toasted one of the best dogs ever. I'm home now, but it still sucks. I'm glad he's no longer in pain, but it sucks. However, it's a part of vet med that I cherish: humane, end of life decisions. You will hardly ever, if NEVER, see that in human med. And for that, I am grateful.

Brought tears to my eyes. Please tell your friend I am thinking of her and her loss. It's not an easy thing to do.

My boyfriend of 3 years left today to go to Ireland for 5 months. I'm trying to be excited for him but it's really hard! It probably doesn't help that they next few months are going to be really tough. Work is not going well at the moment to say the least. The owner just hired her pretend "son" full time which meant someone got fired and us part-timers got our hours cut. I went from 4, 5 hour shifts to 1.... Needless to say I'm not pleased. Classes this semester are going to be killer too. 19 credits of pure science. I keep reminding myself it's good for me and it will be good for vet school, but looking at my schedule still makes me want to cry. Anywho, between 5 months of no man and then the craziness of vet school apps I have a feeling this is going to be a rough year...

The Steelers just lost in the playoffs to the Broncos and Tim Freaking Tebow. Tim Freaking Tebow!!! I was gonna say a bunch of other stuff, but instead I'm just gonna get drunk and pick a fight with my husband. ;)

I'm still not convinced about Tim Tebow by the way.

I didn't watch any of the game because I had to referee 3 hockey games today. then i saw the NFL.com gamecenter drive chart in real time as the Steeler slost in OT. and then i drank a lot. and now i am going to cheer for the Pats and the Ravens. this is what this jerkwad did to me1!!!

I didn't watch any of the game because I had to referee 3 hockey games today. then i saw the NFL.com gamecenter drive chart in real time as the Steeler slost in OT. and then i drank a lot. and now i am going to cheer for the Pats and the Ravens. this is what this jerkwad did to me1!!!

This is me clicking an invisible like button.

Yeah, watched the Broncos-Steelers game for a bit. I don't get the Tebow appeal. I've heard why people LOVE LOVE LOVE WANTTOMARRYLOVE him. But I personally don't give a flip. :shrug:

I'm so puzzled by sports sometimes. I mean, quarterbacks and coaches get all the media attention. What about the rest of the "I"s on the team??? (Mayhaps I'm just uneducated as a sportsfan....);)

This should maybe be on the Rave, but as someone that lived in the Denver area for several years I'm so excited for the Broncos. At first I was not a Tebow fan, but he's grown on me. I think it's nice to hear about a player for reasons other than a) dog fighting b) rape allegations c) weapons charges d) drug charges e) domestic abuse charges
Tebow seems like a morally decent person and sadly that seems to be lacking in the NFL these days.

This should maybe be on the Rave, but as someone that lived in the Denver area for several years I'm so excited for the Broncos. At first I was not a Tebow fan, but he's grown on me. I think it's nice to hear about a player for reasons other than a) dog fighting b) rape allegations c) weapons charges d) drug charges e) domestic abuse charges
Tebow seems like a morally decent person and sadly that seems to be lacking in the NFL these days.

Give him a few years :laugh:

I am sick with strep throat thanks to my graduate advisor who decided to come to work even though she was sick. At least I made the smart choice and chose to stay home today.

I think that he is a genuinely nice person, but I'm over the hype.

At first his "tebow-ing" may have been for reals, but now it's always him by himself in like the middle of the field...it looks like a media stunt every time.

I'm just tired of my news feed blowing up on facebook after he wins about how he is like the second coming of christ. Anyway, I will be at NAVC next weekend and will be finding a bar to watch the Patriots beat up on him and the Broncos!

:D I have this feeling that they could win the Superbowl and you would still not be convinced. People can dislike Tim Tebow all they want because I will continue to adore him.

So now that all of my Christmas presents have officially arrived, I can confidently say that my boyfriend thinks I'm a man :laugh:

I just read this at work and laughed out loud. This is hilarious! By Bf of 6 years got me a remote control for Valentine's Day. I liked it yes, but was it really a gift for me or him? And V-day? Really? I don't know if electronics are appropriate. :laugh:

I just read this at work and laughed out loud. This is hilarious! By Bf of 6 years got me a remote control for Valentine's Day. I liked it yes, but was it really a gift for me or him? And V-day? Really? I don't know if electronics are appropriate. :laugh:

A remote control? Like for the TV? I'm so confused :laugh:. It better have been one that works on boyfriends!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I am SOOOO stressed out! Come ON already!!!! :scared:
Just had to get that out... I sort of feel better... I think it will feel even better when I am able to scream out loud in my truck when I leave work today! :laugh: So many things on my mind! :scared:

Probably pointless to start this one back up but it is a rant - I don't think Tim Tebow is morally decent. He and his mother did an advertisement for Focus on the Family last year during the Super Bowl. This is an organization that is anti-choice and opposed to gay rights. I realize that not all Christians are like this so this isn't about him being Christian. It's about him publicly supporting morally bankrupt organizations.

I also know quite a few Christians who are not fans of the fact that as someone else here stated, it almost seems like he is co-opting his religious beliefs for publicity with the bowing for the camera and the eye black he wore in college.

So sorry your friend is going through this. My thoughts are with you both. I'm glad she's got you to help her through all this loss. I'm sure she appreciates you so much! Great friends like you are hard to come by.

i HATE FAFSA!!!! and applying for financial aid in general. it is such a huge PITA. and yet...i have to somewhat like it because it gives me the $$$$$$$$ to go to school.

UGHHHHHHH. i'm in a whiny mood today so that is my rant :rolleyes:

i HATE FAFSA!!!! and applying for financial aid in general. it is such a huge PITA. and yet...i have to somewhat like it because it gives me the $$$$$$$$ to go to school.

UGHHHHHHH. i'm in a whiny mood today so that is my rant :rolleyes:

I hate it too, even more so because I'm 28 and MARRIED for God's sake, yet they STILL want my PARENTS' information (which they are always somewhat reluctant to provide...ugh!) for the Health Professions Loan. :mad:

I just found out that my dad has cancer. It's all over his body and has begun to attack his liver. I already lost my mom to pancreatic cancer when I was 15 and now I'm going to lose my dad at 22. I am 2 quarters from graduating and now I'm probably going to leave school, and move home to take care of my dad as well as my little brother and sister. After my mom died, I worked so hard to get into vet school and now I think I am going to have to give that up at least until my little sister can graduate high school. I just can't believe this is happening again to my family. We work hard and give freely. The worst part is my dad is already talking about his will and what he wants us all to have, because I think he's given up. I'm not ready to say goodbye to him.

I just found out that my dad has cancer. It's all over his body and has begun to attack his liver. I already lost my mom to pancreatic cancer when I was 15 and now I'm going to lose my dad at 22. I am 2 quarters from graduating and now I'm probably going to leave school, and move home to take care of my dad as well as my little brother and sister. After my mom died, I worked so hard to get into vet school and now I think I am going to have to give that up at least until my little sister can graduate high school. I just can't believe this is happening again to my family. We work hard and give freely. The worst part is my dad is already talking about his will and what he wants us all to have, because I think he's given up. I'm not ready to say goodbye to him.

SO SO SO so so sorry. I can't even imagine your grief. You, your father, and family are in my thoughts. I wish the best for you.

I'm so sorry. *hug*

Bigkittinteef - I am so sorry for your news. My thoughts are with you and your family.