RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It is day 22 of the transit strike... and the transit union just rejected the city's "final" offer.
I am SICK and TIRED of paying $$$ to get around and making sacrifices so that YOU can pick your shifts and earn an extra buck. I don't get to see my friends. I had to give up volunteering at the vet clinic. I have to WAKE my roommate up every day and ask him to pretty-please take me to school. I cannot even go to the damn grocery store without poking my roomate and asking him to take me. I am SICK of it.
Our bus passes were included in our tuition. $175 I believe for the year.

I hope they fire you all. The city is full of people willing to drive a bus for $25/hour and be cool with not picking their own shifts.

The faculty of my roommate's university just voted in favor of a strike. If his school strikes, I will be screwed.

It's not just the faculty but the support staff of the university want to strike, too. If that happens then no financial services so no getting paid for me. Awesome. I love this city soooo much :mad:

I'm still up for going on strike, Trematode, if you want to join me. Unfortunately no strike pay for us...

Members don't see this ad.

I talked to him about it today, and he thought I am upset because of school. I'm pretty much fed up. Yeah, thanks for reminding me that if I don't pass cell bio I won't go to vet school. That's just what I need right now! :mad:

so i don't have any advice on the relationship front, but don't worry about eukaryotic!! even if you don't pass it (which i am confident you WILL! because if i passed with that evil **** of a professor, you definitely can too :) )...but even if you don't, there are other options!!! there's at least one person in MSU CVM 2015 who didn't pass, and had to take the online class at UC berkley over the summer to get the cell bio requirement in...either way the CVM was very accomodating. don't let it get you down!

Members don't see this ad :)
so i don't have any advice on the relationship front, but don't worry about eukaryotic!! even if you don't pass it (which i am confident you WILL! because if i passed with that evil **** of a professor, you definitely can too :) )...but even if you don't, there are other options!!! there's at least one person in MSU CVM 2015 who didn't pass, and had to take the online class at UC berkley over the summer to get the cell bio requirement in...either way the CVM was very accomodating. don't let it get you down!

All prereqs are due by spring semester now:(. Thanks for the encouragement.

Aw, psilovethomas I am sure you can do it!! If you made it through Biochem at MSU, then you can survive this... thats all you need right :D ?

My husband just got called back into work. We were supposed to have a date tonight #@#$%##$*

My husband just got called back into work. We were supposed to have a date tonight #@#$%##$*

Yuck, same thing just happened to us, except I got called into work :mad:. I hate when fun plans get ruined. Try to make the best of it! :rolleyes:

I feel like the harbinger of death at work - been there two days and quite literally 80% of the animals that come through the door have been euths. I've gotten a lot of comments on these being rough days to start on, so here's hoping it's more uplifting from here.

- The showerhead is broken. Only a trickle comes out. :(

- I got into my fight with the "loose" friend I mentioned on here. I told her how I am tired of sticking up for her and that her actions are having a negative impact on her and myself. She cried bull crap to that and said she is handling her alternate life responsibly and maturely. Hun, I do not care if A was on your facebook friends list for three whole weeks before you met him, but talking about your recent lover's junk implants within the first 10 minutes of meeting him is not very mature.

She told me things that our other friends told her in confidence about me. At that point, I walked away from the conversation and warned my friends to be careful of what they tell her.

- I have an organic midterm on Thursday. I am doing awful on the quizzes and assignments but have the second highest mark in the lab. This is my last shot at upping the organic chem mark on my vet school transcript without jumping through incredible hoops (like taking advanced organic chemistry or finding a food science course). I am quite nervous.

- My dad is not in good health. The changes he has made to his diet have not been working. He has lost 3 pounds since his heart attack in July. His cholesterol and sugars are still too high. Doctor wants to see him down 20 pounds and told him to cut out red meat completely. He is absolutely reluctant to do any type of physical activity. "The doctor told me not to over exert myself." He rolled his eyes when I mentioned it. He rolled his eyes to mom as well. Mom called bs on it.You passed your stress test with flying colours. Walking in the evenings or on a treadmill will not kill you. If you were too sick to walk, you would be too sick to work.

I have been trying my hardest not to get worked up over it. But mom got a call from a coworker and she just found out that her husband's heart is only working at 34%. Oh, whenever I go to the gym, there are people, who are older and with bigger problems than my dad WORKING OUT. I talked to a man who had two heart attacks at 47. He goes to the gym daily! Hearing and seeing things like that make it difficult to keep a positive outlook on things.

It was bad enough that I knew 4 people who had heart attacks in the span of 3 months.

I just want it to stop.

Meanwhile, my crazy loose ex-friend has been posting a minimum 2x per day for the past WEEK about how much it sucks to have a cold. GET OVER IT.

I feel like the harbinger of death at work - been there two days and quite literally 80% of the animals that come through the door have been euths. I've gotten a lot of comments on these being rough days to start on, so here's hoping it's more uplifting from here.

Hang in there Trilt. We have days like that too. One day we had at least 4 hit by cars, 3 didn't make it. Other days all we have are puppy/kitten check ups. I hope things turn around soon!

- The showerhead is broken. Only a trickle comes out. :(

- I got into my fight with the "loose" friend I mentioned on here. I told her how I am tired of sticking up for her and that her actions are having a negative impact on her and myself. She cried bull crap to that and said she is handling her alternate life responsibly and maturely. Hun, I do not care if A was on your facebook friends list for three whole weeks before you met him, but talking about your recent lover's junk implants within the first 10 minutes of meeting him is not very mature.

She told me things that our other friends told her in confidence about me. At that point, I walked away from the conversation and warned my friends to be careful of what they tell her.

- I have an organic midterm on Thursday. I am doing awful on the quizzes and assignments but have the second highest mark in the lab. This is my last shot at upping the organic chem mark on my vet school transcript without jumping through incredible hoops (like taking advanced organic chemistry or finding a food science course). I am quite nervous.

- My dad is not in good health. The changes he has made to his diet have not been working. He has lost 3 pounds since his heart attack in July. His cholesterol and sugars are still too high. Doctor wants to see him down 20 pounds and told him to cut out red meat completely. He is absolutely reluctant to do any type of physical activity. "The doctor told me not to over exert myself." He rolled his eyes when I mentioned it. He rolled his eyes to mom as well. Mom called bs on it.You passed your stress test with flying colours. Walking in the evenings or on a treadmill will not kill you. If you were too sick to walk, you would be too sick to work.

I have been trying my hardest not to get worked up over it. But mom got a call from a coworker and she just found out that her husband's heart is only working at 34%. Oh, whenever I go to the gym, there are people, who are older and with bigger problems than my dad WORKING OUT. I talked to a man who had two heart attacks at 47. He goes to the gym daily! Hearing and seeing things like that make it difficult to keep a positive outlook on things.

It was bad enough that I knew 4 people who had heart attacks in the span of 3 months.

I just want it to stop.

Meanwhile, my crazy loose ex-friend has been posting a minimum 2x per day for the past WEEK about how much it sucks to have a cold. GET OVER IT.

Sorry to hear your dad is still being stubborn :(.

My dad is not in good health. The changes he has made to his diet have not been working. He has lost 3 pounds since his heart attack in July. His cholesterol and sugars are still too high. Doctor wants to see him down 20 pounds and told him to cut out red meat completely. He is absolutely reluctant to do any type of physical activity. "The doctor told me not to over exert myself." He rolled his eyes when I mentioned it. He rolled his eyes to mom as well. Mom called bs on it.You passed your stress test with flying colours. Walking in the evenings or on a treadmill will not kill you. If you were too sick to walk, you would be too sick to work.

I just want it to stop.

Trematode - I'm really sorry to hear that things with your dad are frustrating you so much. I've been in a very similar situation with my mother for years now. Heart disease and diabetes have really done her in - she's almost died twice from heart failure. Now, she has a walker and well, she's not looking to do anything more for her health. I've been trying for years (10+) to get her to take better care of herself; but even if she changes things for a little while, she's unwilling to continue things long term.

I've learned after all of this that I cannot force her. If she wants to be this way, so be it. I will not be a drill sergeant. But, still, I worry about the stress that she's been putting on my dad (he's afraid to leave her alone for even a day) and the other little ticking time bombs inside her. And, I should confess, I go home from time to time just to check her over and drag her to the doctor against her will. :rolleyes:

By contrast, a very close friend had a heart attack about four years ago and ended up undergoing an emergency quad bypass. She quit smoking, changed her diet, became a self-professed gym rat, and is in better shape in her mid 50s than she was in her early 30s.

Goes to show that it really depends upon the person and their motivations. I wish I could tell you that there was a magic phrase to get your dad to see that those around him love him enough to get out the tough love. However, there is none that I have found. If you ever need to vent, feel free to PM me. If nothing else, I can provide you with empathy galore. I know it's really hard; but try to hang in there, OK? I'll keep my fingers crossed that he comes around - soon! :xf:

Thanks Emiloo and LMMS.

Sorry to heat that you are going through some similar LMMS. It is emotionally exhausting that for sure.
I am trying my hardest not to preach, but every time I hear more my news, I hear myself saying "Well, why can't dad do this?!" I apologized to him before I left. I told him I wanted him to be with me for a very long time.
His mother has heart disease. She has not changed any of her really. She still eats meat, potatoes and a lot of fried foods. She did used to walk on a regular basis which kept it all in check, but ever since she was given a computer, she has deteriorated.

If I feel I need to ramble, I will shoot you a PM. I was telling a good friend of mine about the fight I had with our friend and how stressed I have been over my dad. It turns out that her dad had a heart attack two years ago! I never knew! She was away for two years to get some help and she did not have access a computer. Her parents made some adjustments in the beginning but her father has gone back to his old self. He found out he was diabetic when he had the heart attack too. :(

My friend made a good point. There is a commercial on TV that claims that 1 and 3 will die of a heart attack or stroke (I can't even watch cable without being reminded that my dad is a statistic!) It is so common and perhaps that is why people are not as willing to take it seriously. It SUCKS. :(. I am kind of hoping the Forks Over Knives phenomenon catches on. They made a great point: if you take care of yourself early on and practice good eating habits, it is a million times more effective than the drugs they give you after the fact.

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to my Mom tonight, and she told me she recently went to the doctor and was told that she has high blood pressure. All she said about it was "I guess I will just have to go on medication". I tried to explain to her that yes, that's probably a good idea, but she should also change her diet- decrease dairy, red meat, and dietary fats. She brushed it off and joked about it. She said, "What am I supposed to eat? Do you want me to starve?" I told her there are many options other than those I told her to stay away from. I even gave her a list of foods that could help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol. She does not believe me. She's just so stubborn. I am going to try to find a book (she likes to read) about plant based diets or the like to get her to realize that making a change (does not have to be drastic!) can really do a lot of good. Her mother had a stroke about 10 years ago. My mom even admitted that sometimes she gets very light headed and feels like she is going to pass out. I hope she takes my advice.

I'm very proactive about my health because my family has a terrible health history. My dad has high cholesterol, my grandfather died of a heart attack, my grandmother died of colon cancer, my oma had a stroke, and my opa has had multiple hip and knee replacements. I can only hope that the lifestyle changes I have recently made make a difference in my future. :xf:

Emiloo, I swear you are my twin. I am so sorry to hear about your mother. A book to me sounds like a good idea. :xf:

*hugs*

If my mom is right about diseases being genetic, I am doomed.
Dad's side:
Heart disease for 2 generations, cancer, diabetes, MS, rheumatoid arthritis
Mom's side:
Heart disease, breast cancer, diabetes, osteoarthritis (mom has it BAD), MS, rheumatoid arthritis

My mom's mom has every ailment going. We are surprised she is still standing (and working).

The only thing that does not run in the family is Alzheimer's disease (thank goodness.)

Emiloo, I swear you are my twin. I am so sorry to hear about your mother. A book to me sounds like a good idea. :xf:

*hugs*

If my mom is right about diseases being genetic, I am doomed.
Dad's side:
Heart disease for 2 generations, cancer, diabetes, MS, rheumatoid arthritis
Mom's side:
Heart disease, breast cancer, diabetes, osteoarthritis (mom has it BAD), MS, rheumatoid arthritis

My mom's mom has every ailment going. We are surprised she is still standing (and working).

The only thing that does not run in the family is Alzheimer's disease (thank goodness.)

I wouldn't say you are doomed! You can always start preventing the onset of these diseases. You can meet with your doctor and a nutritionist to see what you can do now to prevent the severity of the diseases you are already predisposed to. A work up of blood and other tests may not be a bad idea either to see where you stand right now. I know it seems scary, but I would much rather know now than when it really matters and I'm too far gone to fix anything!

I wouldn't say you are doomed! You can always start preventing the onset of these diseases. You can meet with your doctor and a nutritionist to see what you can do now to prevent the severity of the diseases you are already predisposed to. A work up of blood and other tests may not be a bad idea either to see where you stand right now. I know it seems scary, but I would much rather know now than when it really matters and I'm too far gone to fix anything!

Way ahead of you!
Lacto-ovo vegetarian for almost 9 years.
Prior to that, I gave up junkfood because I was bullied. It is rarely in my house and when I go out to eat, I choose healthy options at restaurants 90% of the time.
My parents used to force me to get bloodwork when I started. It was always fine.
I am able to donate blood (iron is always high enough)
Since my last growth spurt, I have remained the same weight (+/- 10 pounds).
Since watching FOK, I have started eating more fresh fruits and veggies, less dairy (dairy bothers my stomach anyway)
I go to the gym now!

:D

My goodness. Ladies, I hear ya. As far as I'm concerned I'm doomed from birth. I won't bore you with the list; but know that every GP I've ever had looks at me with this 'I'm so so sorry' look. I even had a 3rd year med student take my history and all the guy did was look up at me and go 'Wow. Are you sure?'. Really??

I'm not 40 and I've been taking high bp meds for a while now. However, I get annual blood work to ensure that my resting glucose and cholesterol are in check. Given that I've taken up more exercise, I really do hope that I'm getting a leg up on things.

And I know it's hard to hear/see your parents not doing much about their health. When I was your age, I was certainly much more forceful with my mom; but learned that fighting with her wasn't the answer. I would much rather have the time I do have with her filled with only good things. Also, I've come to the conclusion that her being stubborn as a mule has gotten her this far and will probably get her father than I think. So, who knows - your parents may have the same piss and vinegar in them. However, a walk around the block certainly wouldn't do them any harm. Good luck! And remember, there's always an ear if you need one. :luck:

I was at work until 9:30PM tonight assisting the vet with surgery on this little puppy. After a 3 and 1/2 hour surgery, we wake the puppy up, it is doing ok considering what it went through. Puppy was good for about 20 minutes and then stopped breathing... well, puppy did not survive. Completely sucks! Poor little puppers... it kept fighting to the very end. :(

It's my birthday. The school I'm waiting to hear from is later than their intended timetable for giving an answer. So now, I certainly don't want to hear a rejection on my birthday. May be a stupid rant but I don't care. That would just be my luck ....

I was at work until 9:30PM tonight assisting the vet with surgery on this little puppy. After a 3 and 1/2 hour surgery, we wake the puppy up, it is doing ok considering what it went through. Puppy was good for about 20 minutes and then stopped breathing... well, puppy did not survive. Completely sucks! Poor little puppers... it kept fighting to the very end. :(

Aww I'm sorry DVMdream. Puppy deaths are the worst! So sorry your night ended that way.:(

It's my birthday. The school I'm waiting to hear from is later than their intended timetable for giving an answer. So now, I certainly don't want to hear a rejection on my birthday. May be a stupid rant but I don't care. That would just be my luck ....

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :hardy:
Secondly, if you think this is a stupid rant, feel free to read back through the pages and pages of this thread to see that we have all had rants MUCH sillier than this :laugh:.
:xf:You hear good news for your birthday! :luck:

Urgh. I did not have enough time to finish the astrophysics midterm and I flunked it. I have not flunked a midterm since the first semester of my freshman year (I failed calculus along with 80% of the class). Class average was a 68%. I got 44%. I studied a lot considering the circumstances (migraine weekend before, two midterms on the same day). I just suck at math and it takes me a little bit to work through problems. When I took physics the first time, we were given 3 hours to write our midterms. I was usually one of the last people to leave, but at least I got it all done.

Currently there is a 68 sitting in the Physics slot on my vet school application. So higher than a 70 will be an improvement on my application. I was aiming for 80s though.

I am doing well in the rest of the course:
Assignments are worth 25% of my mark: 20/25 so far
Labs are worth 15%: 12.5/15 so far
Midterm is worth 25%: 11/25
Final is worth 35%

Last semester, I barely passed one of my Developmental Biology midterms (got overwhelmed, thought the test was 2 days later than it was). Scored a 51%. I ended up getting an A- in the class (80-84) which was considerably higher than the class average (around 70). But that test was only worth 10 or 15%. This one is worth 25%.

There is no scaling.

Urgh. I am so disappointed in myself. I really needed this as a application booster.

Thanks Emiloo4! I'm just tired of waiting!!!! I get more and more nervous as time passes!!! And it would be just my luck to hear bad news today.... :(

Thanks Emiloo4! I'm just tired of waiting!!!! I get more and more nervous as time passes!!! And it would be just my luck to hear bad news today.... :(

I feel ya. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all lol. We all understand the nerves and anxiety, so rant away! We COMPLETELY understand! ;)

What school are you waiting on?

I feel ya. If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all lol. We all understand the nerves and anxiety, so rant away! We COMPLETELY understand! ;)

What school are you waiting on?

I'm waiting for Washington. It wouldn't be so nerve-wracking if I'd gotten a solid acceptance at any of the other schools I'd applied/interviewed at. But alas, I have rejections and alternates only. :bang:

Aww, trematode, what a bummer:(. I'm sorry. Physics is my worst subject and most others on here probably agree with me. I have taken the series with labs, and I still don't really understand anything related to physics.. Work really hard to do well on the final!:xf:

Found out I made the lowest grade I've ever made today, both in vet school and in my entire career. Defeated doesn't really begin to describe how I feel... neither does worried.

Found out I made the lowest grade I've ever made today, both in vet school and in my entire career. Defeated doesn't really begin to describe how I feel... neither does worried.

To commiserate, I got whupped on an O-chem test today too. My worst grade since I was smoking dope and riding skateboards in high school.

I haven't quite made the mental transition yet to not feeling like a total failure of a human being.

funny6.jpg

Well. I have NO official acceptances. This sucks!!! I have 3 alternates. And yeah.. ok that's good but my life is still so up in the air. I wish I could just say I got in. And there is NO GUARANTEE I will at this point. :bang:

I hate those types of professors (insecure, disorganized and lazy). But why are you retaking Physics? I'm sure you'll get an A because it sounds like you know more than the prof (especially after just coming off the MCAT). Speaking of MCAT, I have taken the month of February to do the Biology Kaplan Review (I figured I'd go with the most familiar material first to give myself some self-confidence). So far so good. The Physics is the scariest part for me because I took Physics 15+ years ago and haven't used it for any upper-level courses since that time. I am avoiding it, thinking I'll do General Chemisty next (month of March), followed by Organic in April (see how I'm avoiding that Physics?) Do you have any advice or recommendations as to the order of things, or do you think I'm on the right track with this? I'm still waiting to hear from Penn Vet, but am forging ahead on my Plan B of Osteopathic Medicine. Hope you hear good news on your MCAT results, soon (I don't relish taking that 5+ hour exam...I think I'll need to eat or go to the bathroom or something...too long!)

I should PM you, but too lazy, sorry.:rolleyes: Our first Physics test is tomorrow (he's moved it TWICE at the last second) I'm not retaking, I only had a 4cr survey course, but need 8cr for podiatry school.

Yes, go to the MCAT section here on SDN and look at SDNer2 (or something REALLY close to that). It's a sticky and he has posted an incredible 3 and 4 month study guide. It's not easy, but it makes sense. PM me if you want to chat about it :) I had to do about 2 months of content review just before attempting his schedule. Wish I had retaken Organic (not really, but it's hard to relearn on your own) and spent about 4 mos doing content review. It's HARD to remember some of this stuff from so long ago in this detail

You get a few 10 min breaks to go to the bathroom and eat :D I get my scores tomorrow :scared:

To commiserate, I got whupped on an O-chem test today too. My worst grade since I was smoking dope and riding skateboards in high school.

I haven't quite made the mental transition yet to not feeling like a total failure of a human being.

funny6.jpg

Haha your pictures always make me laugh.

Ironically enough, the lowest grade I can remember making outside of this was in O Chem 2. In fact, I honestly think that this was the same grade I made on a test in that class (time could be fogging my memory, but it was damn near close to this). And since then, I also truly haven't felt like this, until today...

I don't really even feel like a total failure as a human being so much as a legitimate phenomenon... as in, I'm truly amazed that someone would actually miss that many questions after studying, even at minimal just a few hours (to clarify, I did not study just a few hours). I might as well have just blindly filled in answers.

That's why after I heard that the numbering was an issue, I'm holding onto hope that I truly did number wrong and I am not a complete *****ic wonder.

It's only halfway through the semester, and you will bring your grade up. I know it feels terrible, but you will fine in the long run. Talk to the prof and I'm sure he/she will be able to help. Good luck.

I should PM you, but too lazy, sorry.:rolleyes: Our first Physics test is tomorrow (he's moved it TWICE at the last second) I'm not retaking, I only had a 4cr survey course, but need 8cr for podiatry school.

Yes, go to the MCAT section here on SDN and look at SDNer2 (or something REALLY close to that). It's a sticky and he has posted an incredible 3 and 4 month study guide. It's not easy, but it makes sense. PM me if you want to chat about it :) I had to do about 2 months of content review just before attempting his schedule. Wish I had retaken Organic (not really, but it's hard to relearn on your own) and spent about 4 mos doing content review. It's HARD to remember some of this stuff from so long ago in this detail

You get a few 10 min breaks to go to the bathroom and eat :D I get my scores tomorrow :scared:

You must be nervous to get your MCAT scores and to take your first Physics test on the same day! I'm sure both will go well for you because I can tell you are a hard worker. Thanks for the advice and info. on how to study for the MCAT. I am now through the Kaplan Biology book and ready to tackle the general chemistry. It IS hard to do it on my own, making up my own schedule. I think the SDN schedule will help me a lot. It's just so much to study/relearn!!!!! Okay...good luck and good night!

2 fights with the boyfriend in 2 days = twice the suck.

Totally overshadowed my excitement over getting an interview invite.

:(

:lol: I actually did this once! Except I just drew a circle around the x and then drew a large arrow pointing at it with little doodles meant to depict blinking lights. And I wonder why I got a 'D' in 'elementary functions' in 1993...

GOOD NEWS: I am almost 99% sure that the terrible grade was due to a technical error with the scantron and I just need to go in and recheck the order of my answers! I may not have made a stellar grade, but it has to be better than the one I currently have.

....&& now that that's seemingly settled, all I have to do now is set up a doctor's appointment to discuss treatment for the brain aneurysm and heart attack I have incurred simultaneously due to the stress of all of this!

GOOD NEWS: I am almost 99% sure that the terrible grade was due to a technical error with the scantron and I just need to go in and recheck the order of my answers! I may not have made a stellar grade, but it has to be better than the one I currently have.

....&& now that that's seemingly settled, all I have to do now is set up a doctor's appointment to discuss treatment for the brain aneurysm and heart attack I have incurred simultaneously due to the stress of all of this!

I'm so glad that things are looking up for your grade. I know how frustrating bad grades are. In highschool my biology teacher once gave me the test for the next section that we hadn't started on. I almost had a heart attack while taking the test because I didn't know any of the answers. I also hate scantrons! I once received a 48 on a test, panicked!, then discovered that there had been a scantron error and I actually had an 84.

Isn't it nice to wipe that bead of sweat off your brow and thank jeebies that it may be bad, but it could always be worse? Nothing like a little reminder, +/- the adrenaline rush and nail biting.

I'm so glad that things are looking up for your grade. I know how frustrating bad grades are. In highschool my biology teacher once gave me the test for the next section that we hadn't started on. I almost had a heart attack while taking the test because I didn't know any of the answers. I also hate scantrons! I once received a 48 on a test, panicked!, then discovered that there had been a scantron error and I actually had an 84.

Yea, it def. never occurred to me that there could be one... but that's because I had spent a lot of time going over my answers and didn't know that a number was skipped. But I def checked my answer sheet they give us back (telling us which questions we missed) and sure enough, 1-8 were correct and then it goes to crap the rest of the way through.

Isn't it nice to wipe that bead of sweat off your brow and thank jeebies that it may be bad, but it could always be worse? Nothing like a little reminder, +/- the adrenaline rush and nail biting.

Definitely. I would have rather not had the scare, but I am certainly thankful that over the last few hours it didn't just become painfully more obvious that my grade was a product of none other than my own doing!

What a relief! Glad it all worked out.

OMG new co-worker who I don't really know get out of my personal bubble asking me all about my interview questions and offering critiques that only show how ignorant you are of what this process really is. You freak me out with your odd demeanor enough without being in my space asking about vet stuff only because you overheard me and another co-worker talking about it.I appreciate that you care but that doesn't mean I intend to dissect the interview with you.

And when I say I think it went well but I can't be sure, that IS me being positive. Imagine if I ran around telling everyone I was a sure bet/ was so already in and then the thin envelope showed up? Credibility, reputation, gone.

And when I say I think it went well but I can't be sure, that IS me being positive. Imagine if I ran around telling everyone I was a sure bet/ was so already in and then the thin envelope showed up? Credibility, reputation, gone.

Right?!?!! I hate when people tell me to stay positive when I say something like that!! Well I think it went well but I wasn't on the other side of that table!!!!!

I am sick of spending 8 hours + at school every day.

I HATE FINALS.

I'm also tired of people who don't understand how much of an accomplishment this really is saying "Oh yeah, my daughter just got into UFL for communications" (no offense to anyone lol), or "Yeah my sister is taking a course about animals at the community college too!" or from a co-worker the other day... "My niece wants to be a vet" (when I told him to make sure she studies hard bc it's really tough...) "Oh, well she's not very booksmart. She hates school, but she's gonna be a good vet"

....... :confused::scared::eek:
My dad is one of the worst offenders lol. Not to mention he thinks veterinarians are a waste of time... :smack::bang:

Right?!?!! I hate when people tell me to stay positive when I say something like that!! Well I think it went well but I wasn't on the other side of that table!!!!!

Sometimes you just want someone to be pessimistic with!! My best friend got all pissy with me when I was waitlisted at Auburn... it made me feel much better than the people who were all "Oh I'm sure you'll get in eventually, it's better than a rejection!" :p
Thanks for understanding my self mutilating side, best friend! :D