RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Long story long, a classmate of mine (and close friend) put a whole lot of time and effort into making a "non-denominational egg shaped scavenger hunt" (aka easter eggs with candy inside) and then spent over 3 hours with a couple other people hiding them all over our lecture building. However, money is pretty tight for her so she was only able to purchase enough for our class (still stuffed over 200 eggs with candy and prizes!)

She put a lot of effort into it and sent an email about it to our class with the rules (only find 2 eggs max until after 5pm and then free for all) and sent out another email to the other classes asking them to refrain from taking eggs until after 5pm since she didn't have the resources to get enough for all 500 of us.

ANYWAY....so at lunch she found an egg that had the candy taken out and an orange stuffed inside that had "F*CK YOU" written on it. She tried to brush it off but it was pretty obvious that it bummed her out a lot. She had been planning for weeks and was really excited to do something nice for our class.

I understand that the upperclassmen might have felt a little peeved that they couldn't take eggs - but why do something hurtful? Just take the damn egg if you want one that bad - you don't have to insult her while you are at it.

Disappointed.

Members don't see this ad.

Long story long, a classmate of mine (and close friend) put a whole lot of time and effort into making a "non-denominational egg shaped scavenger hunt" (aka easter eggs with candy inside) and then spent over 3 hours with a couple other people hiding them all over our lecture building. However, money is pretty tight for her so she was only able to purchase enough for our class (still stuffed over 200 eggs with candy and prizes!)

She put a lot of effort into it and sent an email about it to our class with the rules (only find 2 eggs max until after 5pm and then free for all) and sent out another email to the other classes asking them to refrain from taking eggs until after 5pm since she didn't have the resources to get enough for all 500 of us.

ANYWAY....so at lunch she found an egg that had the candy taken out and an orange stuffed inside that had "F*CK YOU" written on it. She tried to brush it off but it was pretty obvious that it bummed her out a lot. She had been planning for weeks and was really excited to do something nice for our class.

I understand that the upperclassmen might have felt a little peeved that they couldn't take eggs - but why do something hurtful? Just take the damn egg if you want one that bad - you don't have to insult her while you are at it.

Disappointed.
Wow I feel so bad for your friend. That person should feel completly ashamed of themselves for getting that upset about an easter egg! This makes me sad.

I admit to laughing at your friend and thinking her email to the other two classes was a bit snarky and kind of :rolleyes: but sucks that somebody actually went through that much trouble to insult her. I just expressed my opinion to other people instead ;)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Last night was terrible. Had a fight with my bf. Or he was doing the fighting and I was just laying there and crying. I almost broke up with him. It's never been that bad. We had such a good night out and then that. :'(

And I still don't know what's wrong with my grandma. :(

And now I also have a massive headache after barely sleeping last night. Great. This weekend needs to just be over. :(

Wow, I'm so sorry everyone is having such a tough time with their SO's. Hang in there! (Or don't as the situation may require). But I'm really sorry it's such a crap time for everyone :(

It really is a bad week. I think I might be getting dumped for our 6 year anniversary. I can't say much right now since I'm still at work and just thinking about it makes me cry. I've been pretty good so far without breaking down. Just 3 more hours and then I can officially breakdown....
:hug: CFC, hope you're hanging in. :hug:

Last night was terrible. Had a fight with my bf. Or he was doing the fighting and I was just laying there and crying. I almost broke up with him. It's never been that bad. We had such a good night out and then that. :'(

And I still don't know what's wrong with my grandma. :(
Hope things work themselves out. I'm sure the stress of worrying about your grandma didn't help things. Hope you feel better!! :hug:

Wow, I'm so sorry everyone is having such a tough time with their SO's. Hang in there! (Or don't as the situation may require). But I'm really sorry it's such a crap time for everyone :(
Agreed! Things will get better guys just hang in there. I feel like invasion of the body snatchers has occured and all the boys have gone nuts.

There is this red light/speeding camera at this one intersection on the route I take to/from work. I know it is there so I usually slow down at that intersection. Well, yesterday on my way home from work I was slightly distracted (just thinking about stuffs) and completely realized at the last minute that I was at that intersection. I am sure that I have a nice speeding ticket coming in the mail...:mad:

I was probably going around 13-15 over the speed limit, really hoping the ticket isn't too expensive. :xf:

I feel so stupid... :hungover:

I admit to laughing at your friend and thinking her email to the other two classes was a bit snarky and kind of :rolleyes: but sucks that somebody actually went through that much trouble to insult her. I just expressed my opinion to other people instead ;)
That email made my night. If only we got more with that level of entertainment value. (I didn't even notice any eggs the next day)

Preeeeeetty sure I'm going to tank my Ochem test Wednesday. Due to funerals and whatnot I've missed more classes than I'm comfortable with....

Jury duty at 7:30 tommorow morning. The message also said do not park in the 2 hour parking as you WILL be here for more than 2 hours. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much though cause I am kind of looking forward to it and it will be a nice break from work. My thoughts are always kind of two-sided:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pet sitting for a couple of cats, which is really nice except for it being half an hour away from home and having to spend the nights away from my dog and fiance. Everything was going great for three nights, but last night was crazy. Well yesterday was crazy in general. First my fiance talks with his mom and apparently his brother was super offended that I said I needed time to think about whether or not I was okay with his girlfriend (who no one has even met yet) brought a family member with her. She's Korean (I think) and her parents won't let her travel to another part of the country (only like 8 hours drive) without a chaperone. We've had our guest list figured out for like a year now. I was totally okay with his girlfriend coming, but I've been so busy I can't make decisions on the spot. (I even read emails and mark them as unread just so I can come back to them). Anyway his mom wasn't really taking a side, but the fact that his brother was so mad I just started crying and he said that he would just come for the ceremony and leave right after if I didn't make an accommodation, which I was planning on doing, but now I don't even want him there at all. He's being a total ass about it. Most people know that brides are sensitive and you can't rush them to make decisions and with all the stuff I have going on he should realize with my stress level you don't want to push the wrong buttons. On the other hand my fiance was being super defensive of me because of this and was even telling his mom how pissed he was at his brother. Anyway to get back to the cats. One of them is diabetic and needs a small amount of insulin every 12 hours about 5-10 minutes after eating. Well last night he had a seizure right after I gave him the insulin (like within 30 seconds). We took him into the vet on emergency and his blood glucose was actually elevated. We ended up leaving him there overnight but I wasn't thinking when I left their house and didn't bring the insulin with me. Apparently they don't have any at the clinic so I had to drive for another hour (half an hour each way) to give them the insulin. I just hope he's doing okay because he's 17 and his parents are in Ireland and can only be reached by email. They don't want to do any "heroic" to save his life. Thankfully they have friends that have like power of attorney over their cats and they were able to help with the decisions. Still I woke up after not sleeping well because the remaining cat was making so much noise last night and now I feel like I'm getting a cold. :(

People who give TERRIBLE advice on FB about pets and fleas and veterinary medicine makes me CRAZY!!! :eek:
It drives me freakin insane! If you don't know what you're talking about just SHUT UP!!! :mad:
It's taking everything inside of me to not jump in the conversation :annoyed:

Example: Put Frontline on your dog, and then wash them with Dawn dish detergent a few hours later and it will get rid of the fleas :bang:

People who give TERRIBLE advice on FB about pets and fleas and veterinary medicine makes me CRAZY!!! :eek:
It drives me freakin insane! If you don't know what you're talking about just SHUT UP!!! :mad:
It's taking everything inside of me to not jump in the conversation :annoyed:

Example: Put Frontline on your dog, and then wash them with Dawn dish detergent a few hours later and it will get rid of the fleas :bang:

Dawn detergent???? They do know that you aren't supposed to wash anything at least 24 hrs after putting on topical stuff, don't they? :smack:

Dawn will break down anything!! I even got car grease off a pigeon using that shiz!!

Dawn detergent???? They do know that you aren't supposed to wash anything at least 24 hrs after putting on topical stuff, don't they? :smack:

Dawn will break down anything!! I even got car grease off a pigeon using that shiz!!

That's my point exactly +pissed+

Sorry for ranting twice in a row, but I am really annoyed right now :mad:.
I just sat next to my BF on the couch for the last 2 hours without either one of us saying much. As soon as my best friend calls me and we start talking, he starts asking me all these questions about my computer. I asked him to please hold on until I'm off the phone... four seconds later, the same ****! SHUT UP DUDE!!!
Then he gets all mad and screams at me and storms up to the bedroom :mad::mad::mad:
Really?:shifty:

Sorry for ranting twice in a row, but I am really annoyed right now :mad:.
I just sat next to my BF on the couch for the last 2 hours without either one of us saying much. As soon as my best friend calls me and we start talking, he starts asking me all these questions about my computer. I asked him to please hold on until I'm off the phone... four seconds later, the same ****! SHUT UP DUDE!!!
Then he gets all mad and screams at me and storms up to the bedroom :mad::mad::mad:
Really?:shifty:
Male PMS, it's an epidemic.

Hey PP, have you heard anything about interviews? Sorry to bring it up, but I'm just on edge waiting for you to hear!:xf:

GIANT centipede on my ceiling. I want to leave my room but if I do I know it will disappear and attack me in the middle of the night. Too scared to kill it. :scared:

GIANT centipede on my ceiling. I want to leave my room but if I do I know it will disappear and attack me in the middle of the night. Too scared to kill it. :scared:

Bleach and Windex for things that move slow.
Anything that tends to move quickly, I just point out to one of the dogs. As soon as it goes to run away, they are all over it!

Hey PP, have you heard anything about interviews? Sorry to bring it up, but I'm just on edge waiting for you to hear!:xf:

No. I don't think they've sent out anything yet. The only thing that keeps me from being upset is that it gives me time to study for my tests and to read up on stuff that they might ask at the interview.

I love reading up on organic animal husbandry etc and talking to my vets about it. :oops:

Get the bug spray and drown the sucker in it...

I don't think we have any. I think my mom just got out of the shower. I shall fetch her. I keep thinking it's going to fall and land on my bed and then I'll scream and possibly start crying. They freak me out soo much. More than spiders. I'm surprised I've lasted this long in the room with it.

And just as I was about to post what I wrote above, I hear this thud. It fell on my bed. I run out screaming, mom thinks someone is killing me and she comes up and kills it. Now there is dead bug guts on my pillow.

I don't think we have any. I think my mom just got out of the shower. I shall fetch her. I keep thinking it's going to fall and land on my bed and then I'll scream and possibly start crying. They freak me out soo much. More than spiders. I'm surprised I've lasted this long in the room with it.

And just as I was about to post what I wrote above, I hear this thud. It fell on my bed. I run out screaming, mom thinks someone is killing me and she comes up and kills it. Now there is dead bug guts on my pillow.

:laugh:.

This just reminds me of the time there was this massive cricket in the bathroom. Just imagine 5 girls (myself, my mom and my 3 sisters) attempting to kill this giant cricket...

I bet the neighbors thought someone was being murdered...

:laugh:.

This just reminds me of the time there was this massive cricket in the bathroom. Just imagine 5 girls (myself, my mom and my 3 sisters) attempting to kill this giant cricket...

I bet the neighbors thought someone was being murdered...

I'm alright with crickets. I spent a good part of my senior year catching, killing and releasing camel crickets in my apartment on campus. Those suckers can jump. And while kind of related, I got some decent pictures of two Eastern Lubber Grasshoppers while in Florida (at least that's what I think they are) at two different life stages. Brace yourself...I'm about to share. It's kind of pretty though...large, but pretty.

271051_10150227251479501_503789500_7115833_7662997_n.jpg

I'm not afraid of most bugs/insects...just spiders and centipedes

Oh my gosh. That's a gorgeous grasshopper!
I love insects. Most tend to be gorgeous and even if not, they're just crazy cool. I loved getting to see different/unusual insects when I was in Costa Rica a few years ago, but by far the neatest was the mother scorpion (not technically an insect, but whatever) carrying her baby scorpions on her back. So cool!

I'm alright with crickets. I spent a good part of my senior year catching, killing and releasing camel crickets in my apartment on campus. Those suckers can jump. And while kind of related, I got some decent pictures of two Eastern Lubber Grasshoppers while in Florida (at least that's what I think they are) at two different life stages. Brace yourself...I'm about to share. It's kind of pretty though...large, but pretty.

271051_10150227251479501_503789500_7115833_7662997_n.jpg

I'm not afraid of most bugs/insects...just spiders and centipedes

Not goint to lie...this just made me...:scared:

All I want to do is squish it...

Oh my gosh. That's a gorgeous grasshopper!
I love insects. Most tend to be gorgeous and even if not, they're just crazy cool. I loved getting to see different/unusual insects when I was in Costa Rica a few years ago, but by far the neatest was the mother scorpion (not technically an insect, but whatever) carrying her baby scorpions on her back. So cool!

I blame my entomology professor. Having to collect and identify insects made them really fascinating. Plus, the class was just so interesting. I never knew how kind of awesome insects were before then. I mean, we beheaded a cockroach and it lived for 47 DAYS without a head. Crazy! I got sooo excited when I found a cricket that he had never seen before. I'll have to find a picture of it. It had these huge paddle like palps. I thought it was a grasshopper because it's antennae were broken off so I was following the key all wrong. I found out what it was after the project was due. I meant to ask if I could save that particular vial and take it with me. Maybe if I visit again it will still be there. Here's what it looked like.
5063577099_bf7bfdf63d_z.jpg

Glad to hear you looked into it;). I also find it very interesting.

I had put it down on my list of things to look up and when I told my vet that I was starting to get interested in holistic vet med with food animals, she also told me to look at that, so I decided to finally start it. I have so many tabs open on my laptop about it, but just can't find the time to read them all. :oops:

I decided to make my avatars food animal related for good luck. :laugh: :luck:

I was just so proud of finding a cricket my professor had never seen and he had no clue what it was either. I just had to share. The other was just cause it's pretty...should say handsome really. I don't see an ovipositor.

Shall I leave you and the bug alone for a little while?? ;)

I blame my entomology professor. Having to collect and identify insects made them really fascinating. Plus, the class was just so interesting. I never knew how kind of awesome insects were before then. I mean, we beheaded a cockroach and it lived for 47 DAYS without a head. Crazy! I got sooo excited when I found a cricket that he had never seen before. I'll have to find a picture of it. It had these huge paddle like palps. I thought it was a grasshopper because it's antennae were broken off so I was following the key all wrong. I found out what it was after the project was due. I meant to ask if I could save that particular vial and take it with me. Maybe if I visit again it will still be there. Here's what it looked like.
5063577099_bf7bfdf63d_z.jpg

Oooh, that one's is pretty too! And that's so cool that you found something your prof had never seen before!
Also, cockroaches are pretty bad-ass, not gonna lie.

Really wish I could have taken an entomology class. I'm kind of jealous.

7 hours of jury selection and they aren't done yet:eek: I have to go again tommorow and if I get in it's a 10day trial :eek::scared:.

Oooh, that one's is pretty too! And that's so cool that you found something your prof had never seen before!
Also, cockroaches are pretty bad-ass, not gonna lie.

Really wish I could have taken an entomology class. I'm kind of jealous.

I was kind of nervous about taking it at first but decided to do it because I need a class in that category to graduate still and I heard awesome things about the professor (who was also my advisor) so I figured I'd take it. Definitely one of my favorite classes. Didn't do amazingly well on the tests (he's kind of a hard grader) but I feel I remember the most information from the class.

7 hours of jury selection and they aren't done yet:eek: I have to go again tommorow and if I get in it's a 10day trial :eek::scared:.
When I had jury duty a couple of months ago, the jury selection was three days.

So for some weird reason I've always wanted to do jury duty but never got served. Then, literally 5 days after I moved to NY, I got jury duty back home in FL. I was strangely sad I couldn't go lol.

I'm kind of glad I got around my jury duty summons by being out of state at school...

We have a family friend who was on a trial that lasted something like 6 months. On the up side, the jury was told they will never have to go through selection or have to serve again.