RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I had jury duty a couple of months ago, the jury selection was three days.

I'm kind of glad I got around my jury duty summons by being out of state at school...

We have a family friend who was on a trial that lasted something like 6 months. On the up side, the jury was told they will never have to go through selection or have to serve again.

You guys are terrifying me....:scared: I would not be ok with 6months!

So for some weird reason I've always wanted to do jury duty but never got served. Then, literally 5 days after I moved to NY, I got jury duty back home in FL. I was strangely sad I couldn't go lol.
I am actually kind of excited about it too. All of the other people are whining and complaining, but I am actually kind of hoping I get picked. I don't think I will be though. I can probably explain this tommorow.

Members don't see this ad.

RANT: Castle is NOT on tonight. They try to woo me with this fast talking crap Scandal by that shonda rhimes lady.

Not. Pleased.

RANT: Castle is NOT on tonight. They try to woo me with this fast talking crap Scandal by that shonda rhimes lady.

Not. Pleased.

Well, I just broke up with my girlfriend because she can't handle the prospect of me leaving for Davis. Collateral damage relationship I guess. Was at least hoping for a few more good months together. Women! End rant. :shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I just broke up with my girlfriend because she can't handle the prospect of me leaving for Davis. Collateral damage relationship I guess. Was at least hoping for a few more good months together. Women! End rant. :shrug:

Sorry August. That's a bummer and very stupid on her part. Feel free to fb message me to discuss all of our faults :)

Sorry August. That's a bummer and very stupid on her part. Feel free to fb message me to discuss all of our faults :)

Please don't let me rebound into the arms of Davis undergrad sorority chick. Thanks. :p

I need to find a job and a place to live by the end of April or I have to move back home with my parents.
:bang::bang::bang:
My stress levels are already through the roof because of exams.

Please don't let me rebound into the arms of Davis undergrad sorority chick. Thanks. :p

Like you would actually have a problem with that.
On a serious note, sorry you guys broke up.

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

I can't find a summer job because I'm being honest about leaving for school in August. Everyone is telling me to not mention it to prospective employers, but that is a) not in my nature to lie, or omit b) likely to backfire because I can not help talking about going to vet school!
I need to work but I don't want to be dishonest:confused:

A) not ALL sororitutes I mean sorority girls are bad! I survived as one!

B) I cannot stop any relationships from happening that seem unwise. Case in point: the wedding this Saturday. I just hope I don't burst out laughing.

:laugh: Been to a few of those myself lol.

My cousin is 26 and he's marrying a 47 yr old woman. Who has a 20 year old daughter and 16 year old twin sons.

She's nice and all, but those kind of relationships never seem to last.

My cousin is 26 and he's marrying a 47 yr old woman. Who has a 20 year old daughter and 16 year old twin sons.

I don't like to judge stuff like that because you just never know how perfect or imperfect their relationship is... but..... :eyebrow: :whoa: :shifty:

At least it will be entertaining :corny:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't like to judge stuff like that because you just never know how perfect or imperfect their relationship is... but..... :eyebrow: :whoa: :shifty:

Well, I do have to say that my cousin was quite the loser before, and now he seems to have his act together. I really do hope it works out bc I like the woman, but it's just somewhat bizarre. His mother and his fiancé look very similar :scared:

Sounds like my oldest brother - his wife is 17 or 18 years his senior. She wanted to call my mom "mom" and she said no, we're of a similar age.

Like you would actually have a problem with that.
On a serious note, sorry you guys broke up.

No thanks. I haven't done a keg stand in years!! :rolleyes:

To new beginnings. With both feet on the ground. And no beer tap in my mouth. :hardy:

A stellar use of emoticons, if I've ever seen one. :)

That makes my bf being 11 years older than me look much better in comparison! :laugh:

So during the (what seems like an eternal) quest for housing, I finally found a place that just seemed too good to be true. We (the gf and me) went and checked it out and it was awesome! So after already looking at a bunch of other places, we decided that this was the one we wanted to go for. So we filled out the application, found roommates to fill the extra spots and sent everything in the the owner of the duplex. Now when we visited we never directly asked if anyone was already getting it, but the way the landlord was talking about the place, no one was really committed and no one seemed to want it too badly. Now that we sent in our application and asked if we need to do anything else to guarantee the place (like deposit or something), now all the sudden there are already 3 other applications that have been put in before us! She said there would be an equal process to pick who will live there in the fall, but man I just feel like all my hopes that I put in this place have been ripped away. To top it all off, we had found a roommate to fill the extra room and now I feel terrible telling her (who was also super excited that the search was over) that we very well may not get the place. There's still a chance that we could get it :oops:, but it just isn't that sure thing that I was hoping for. We'll know Monday if we get it, so back to the waiting game :(. Balls!

:eek:he's ~30?

I turn 19 in May and he turns 30 the next day. :rolleyes:

14 year difference here.
The boy just turned 39. Age is just a number.

Yea, most of the time you really don't notice a difference. And we both kind of cheated in the beginning by not telling each other our age. He thought I was about 22 (which a lot of people do and they are surprised to hear I'm just 18) and I thought he was about 25. That made it seem much better then. :laugh:

14 year difference here.
The boy just turned 39. Age is just a number.

Not saying that yours is weird. I just find it odd that my cousin is more suited to his fiancé's daughter. And the twin sons definitely do not respect his telling them to stop playing computer games, especially bc two years ago, his mother was telling him the same damn thing!!!

Not saying that age differences are bad. Just that theirs is a bit of an odd dynamic.

Oh btw. The twins are 16. So he's only 10 years older than them. Yelling at them and being all father knows best. It's caused major issues with them

Not saying that yours is weird. I just find it odd that my cousin is more suited to his fiancé's daughter. And the twin sons definitely do not respect his telling them to stop playing computer games, especially bc two years ago, his mother was telling him the same damn thing!!!

Not saying that age differences are bad. Just that theirs is a bit of an odd dynamic.
Didn't take it that way, your cousin's dynamic is weird because of the life stages more than age. Boy may be 39, but he doesn't have kids running around. I couldn't date someone who had kids at all really, let alone kids within 5 years of MY age.

Didn't take it that way, your cousin's dynamic is weird because of the life stages more than age. Boy may be 39, but he doesn't have kids running around. I couldn't date someone who had kids at all really, let alone kids within 5 years of MY age.

Very true. And your bf is kinda young at heart.

Ugh! This is going to be a mess. Already one of the twins has been separated and living with his father bc he's turned into a bad seed.

Very true. And your bf is kinda young at heart.

Ugh! This is going to be a mess. Already one of the twins has been separated and living with his father bc he's turned into a bad seed.

Only hope is they get a reality TV show out of this.

My bf has three kids in Mexico.. and I'm the same age as his second youngest sister. haha

I really don't mind the kids, but then again, they are not here. I will hopefully meet them for Christmas though. They are really cute. They don't know about me yet though, because their mom is psycho. She's cussing at my bf regularly, always asking for money because she doesn't want to work herself and overall doesn't seem like good mom (bf thinks she beats the kids because she's mad at him for leaving her). Not sure what she'd do if she found out about me..

It is raining here in norcal and I just slipped and fell onto my knees while crossing the street at work. Now my pants are wet and my knees are scraped and hurt.

That is probably the key...

Maybe sometimes it also depends on the age? They are not older than eight, so I think it'd be easier to get along with them than if they were teenagers already?

Maybe sometimes it also depends on the age? They are not older than eight, so I think it'd be easier to get along with them than if they were teenagers already?

I meant that it's really easy to not care that a man has kids if he doesn't actually have to parent them. Everything else is kind of irrelevant if they are (for all practical purposes) non-existent.

Your partner is very different from someone who is a primary caretaker of three children under eight.

Rant for the Day:

1st, I would like to say what I appreciate about work:
- I am happy that they give me the time off that I need
- I am happy that they allow me to bring my dog to work since he developed separation anxiety issues last year while I was away at school and my family was going through a divorce
- My boss and her colleges are very supportive of reviewing my applications to vet school
... these are reasons why I have chosen to work here

but there are things that frustrate me:
- I get paid less than receptionists by a few dollars and they dont even have any post high school education (at best a couple courses at CC... and I have my bachelors ... not to mention I have to sit down and correct almost every chart they make, even though they have worked full time for years and they still dont know the vaccine schedule)
- I am still listed as "Seasonal" when I am working 5 days a week + kennels ... not even listed as part-time on the roster ... and I dont get upper level discounts on my pet's care either
- My co-workers are getting a "I have been working here for 3 years cake" when they hit 3 years... when I have been working here since I was in high school and will have accumulated enough hours to categorize me as, "as much time spent hear to = 3 years of full time work"
- They have forgotten its my birthday a couple times... somehow they never forget my co-workers birthdays

... I dont need a cake to make to make me feel happy and appreciated ... but the little things add up and its hard not feel under appreciated when there are such obvious displays about how the practice "values" specific employees. *sigh*

So during the (what seems like an eternal) quest for housing, I finally found a place that just seemed too good to be true. We (the gf and me) went and checked it out and it was awesome! So after already looking at a bunch of other places, we decided that this was the one we wanted to go for. So we filled out the application, found roommates to fill the extra spots and sent everything in the the owner of the duplex. Now when we visited we never directly asked if anyone was already getting it, but the way the landlord was talking about the place, no one was really committed and no one seemed to want it too badly. Now that we sent in our application and asked if we need to do anything else to guarantee the place (like deposit or something), now all the sudden there are already 3 other applications that have been put in before us! She said there would be an equal process to pick who will live there in the fall, but man I just feel like all my hopes that I put in this place have been ripped away. To top it all off, we had found a roommate to fill the extra room and now I feel terrible telling her (who was also super excited that the search was over) that we very well may not get the place. There's still a chance that we could get it :oops:, but it just isn't that sure thing that I was hoping for. We'll know Monday if we get it, so back to the waiting game :(. Balls!

If you don't get the place you can always refer her to me. We have a 4 bed/2 bath house and we need to fill one room still. No cats allowed though :(. Sorry, we had the exact same housing thing happen to us a couple weeks ago. It was definitely not fun.

I am SO tired. And I have a pharm exam tomorrow, and pharm is my worst subject. My grade is actually semi-decent this semester and I really don't want to screw that up, but I can't keep my eyes open :( I want to try a nap, but I'm not very good at napping for short periods of time - Ill prob just end up sleeping thru my alarm clock and not waking up until 7 am tomorrow. :(

On the other hand, I'm about to fall asleep in my chair even after multiple cups of coffee.
And have I mentioned that I realllyyyyyyy hate pharm?

I am SO tired. And I have a pharm exam tomorrow, and pharm is my worst subject. My grade is actually semi-decent this semester and I really don't want to screw that up, but I can't keep my eyes open :( I want to try a nap, but I'm not very good at napping for short periods of time - Ill prob just end up sleeping thru my alarm clock and not waking up until 7 am tomorrow. :(

On the other hand, I'm about to fall asleep in my chair even after multiple cups of coffee.
And have I mentioned that I realllyyyyyyy hate pharm?
I fell asleep studying earlier. It was a nice 2 hour pharm induced coma.

what topics does the pharm exam cover?

Every antibiotic that could possibly be used in vet med + "rational therapy" and cased based "choosing which drug to use.". Antifungals. Antivirals. Antineoplastics. And half the info seems to relate to human toxicties, and human treatments. I have a quote in my notes under the slide about cisplatin. "not very commonly used in vet med. more common in human med. carboplatin more common in vet med." At yet, we didn't discuss carboplatin. at all. AGHHHHHHH

Every antibiotic that could possibly be used in vet med + "rational therapy" and cased based "choosing which drug to use.". Antifungals. Antivirals. Antineoplastics. And half the info seems to relate to human toxicties, and human treatments. I have a quote in my notes under the slide about cisplatin. "not very commonly used in vet med. more common in human med. carboplatin more common in vet med." At yet, we didn't discuss carboplatin. at all. AGHHHHHHH
I think the most annoying thing is having to know all the drugs that aren't even used in vet med.

just remember cisplatin splats cats and you're set ;)

i feel your pain on the human drugs and side effects. i swear every drug we've covered with one professor causes migraines (amongst various other side effects that don't pertain to animals). its very irritating since i'm not going to be licensed to treat humans in a few years. :mad:

idk about you all, but our pharm dept is pretty much a disaster. i hate feeling like i'm learning nothing. like i'm going to walk away from the end of a year long course and know nothing relevant. its been a big game of trivial pursuit: pick the most random and irrelevant facts edition. frustrating!!!

good luck on your exam!:luck:

i feel your pain on the human drugs and side effects. i swear every drug we've covered with one professor causes migraines (amongst various other side effects that don't pertain to animals). its very irritating since i'm not going to be licensed to treat humans in a few years. :mad:

idk about you all, but our pharm dept is pretty much a disaster. i hate feeling like i'm learning nothing. like i'm going to walk away from the end of a year long course and know nothing relevant. its been a big game of trivial pursuit: pick the most random and irrelevant facts edition. frustrating!!!

good luck on your exam!:luck:
Sounds very very similar.

My mother is 100% convinced she has cat scratch disease. She's reading these websites like it's her job :smack: :boom: