RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I almost put ecollars over my hands after I had my appendix out. It itched so bad. Hope the itching goes away soon.

Hahaha. This mental image made me laugh.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The track ball on this computer's mouse at work only allows you to scroll up a page, but not down. GAH!!!!!!!!! (1st world problems)

My rabbit died today. I've had him since he was born eight years ago and before that I had both his mom and his grandfather. I feel like I've just lost everything connecting me to my old rabbits too. Sorry to be so melodramatic but I've had bunnies from this family for the last ten years and now they're all gone.

My rabbit died today. I've had him since he was born eight years ago and before that I had both his mom and his grandfather. I feel like I've just lost everything connecting me to my old rabbits too. Sorry to be so melodramatic but I've had bunnies from this family for the last ten years and now they're all gone.

I am so sorry for your loss. Wish I could say something to make you feel better. :hug:

So very sorry hedgie :(

I'm so sorry hedgie :( Sending hugs your way.

Awwww hedgie!! I'm sure your bunny was the happiest bunny in the hemisphere!

Members don't see this ad :)
All electricity is gone. No light (which sucks in the bathroom because there are no windows), all the food in the fridge is warm and there's no Internet to do homework. :mad:

sorry hedgie....

My rant...

Last night woke up to go to bathroom.....had a sudden, very intense pain in the area of my surgery, and passed out from the pain. WTF?

I'm sorry hedgie. It's so hard to lose pets especially ones that have been in our lives for so long :(

sorry hedgie....

My rant...

Last night woke up to go to bathroom.....had a sudden, very intense pain in the area of my surgery, and passed out from the pain. WTF?

:scared: that does not sound good!!!

sorry hedgie....

My rant...

Um... :scared:

Please make sure you're ok. :eek:

sorry hedgie....

My rant...

Ugh, SOV, that sounds like a good reason to call your doc. You're off painkillers now?

Thanks guys.

Might have been a little too quick to cut off the painkillers, so back on a little just to be safe.

Otherwise I seem to be my normal, cranky old man self. :D

I'm so sorry Hedgie. I'm sure you made your rabbit family very happy. :hugs:

SOV, that is scary business. I hope the painkillers help. :(

My dog has been having some killer gas recently and he is seriously gassing me out of my room. :barf:

Last night I had to sleep facing the opposite direction with my head under the covers to avoid the smell and I wrapped 2 dog blankets around his bum to try to dampen it. eeeuuuuwww...... I have no idea how to curb his gas. I am not sure if it is just old man gas or what. It started after he came back from the hospital and has just gotten worse. I have been adding water to his food because we thought he had megaE, but now that he does not I just stopped with the water today. I am really hoping that will kill it.

I may need to invest in a gas mask soon.... :(

My dog has been having some killer gas recently and he is seriously gassing me out of my room. :barf:

Last night I had to sleep facing the opposite direction with my head under the covers to avoid the smell and I wrapped 2 dog blankets around his bum to try to dampen it. eeeuuuuwww...... I have no idea how to curb his gas. I am not sure if it is just old man gas or what. It started after he came back from the hospital and has just gotten worse. I have been adding water to his food because we thought he had megaE, but now that he does not I just stopped with the water today. I am really hoping that will kill it.

I may need to invest in a gas mask soon.... :(
I know this a serious problem but I'm sorry, I am LMAO.

That's all i got.

Out of EVERYONE living in the house I am living in I have to be up the earliest and leave for work the earliest. I will be long gone and already working before ANYONE else even WAKES UP! But for some reason everyone else gets priority over getting their laundry done before me. Seriously!!??

I have to be up earlier than everyone else and by the time you are ALL DONE with your laundry it will be 10PM and I have to stay up to do my laundry because you all can't realize that maybe we should be considerate of how much sleep others would appreicate to get. That maybe it would be better to let the person who has to be up at the crack of dawn do their laundry first and those that get to sleep in can do their laundry later?

:mad: :boom:

Hedgie, I am so sorry to hear about your rabbit. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you, especially having raised her from birth.

SOV, glad to hear you are ok. That must have been so scary for your wife. I know I would freak out if my hubby passed out, especially if you don't know why at first.

Devyn, your story made me giggle, sorry! Maybe it's too much beans and toast (is that an Irish thing too?)

That really sucks DVM - you should kick their butts and deny them all the waffles! :mad:

Devyn, your story made me giggle, sorry! Maybe it's too much beans and toast (is that an Irish thing too?)

I think some people do that here in Ireland - at least I have seen beans and chips. :barf:

He does not get any people food though, ever. He has had pancreatitis 3 times now for unknown reasons and so he is on a very strict diet and very rarely even gets a dog treat unless it is limited ingredient.

SOV, glad to hear you are ok. That must have been so scary for your wife. I know I would freak out if my hubby passed out, especially if you don't know why at first.
Worst part of my story:
I grabbed the toilet paper holder on the way down... needless to say it didn't sustain me ... and now I have to FIX it:mad: OR WORSE YET; Go shopping to buy a new one: :barf:

Pain meds still aren't working...

Now I am having cold sweats, my vision is blurry, the pain is so bad I can barely stand.

I think I will take more pain meds to see if that helps....

a grumble about people being too cheap to spend money on an animal:

one of my friends parents has two guinea pigs. they rescued both of them, along with a dog at some point. so yipee, good for them for rescuing these animals instead of going to a pet store or breeder, but if you adopt ANY animal (in my opinion) you should be willing and prepared to pay for the expenses, including appropriate healthcare, for those animals.

one of the guinea pigs has seemingly been suffering from pretty severe mite infestation for several months now. i had a guinea pig with mites before, and it's a pretty miserable experience for the animal. they are extremely itchy, lose hair in clumps, can get secondary bacterial infections, and even suffer from seizures. its also pretty easily treated either with ivermectin or a dose of advantage (obviously the amounts are specifically tailored to the size of the animal) based on veterinary recommendations and findings. all in all its not terribly expensive to treat, but guinea pigs are often viewed as disposable pets. they're like $30 at the pet store, so why on earth would someone want to spend any money on vet care? except, oh yeah, it's a living creature and when you accepted ownership, you also accepted responsibility. and with that responsibility sometimes comes things like medical bills.

so this pet has been suffering for several months now, and i've recommended a few times that they take it in, or at least try some less savvy methods but to no avail. the guinea pig, being left untreated for so long, also reached the seizure part of having mites not to long ago. still nothing. recently, she lost a ton of weight, and began showing other non-specific signs of being unhealthy. pocket pets do not handle disease, stress, and pain well at all, so it's no surprise to me that she's gone down hill very quickly. tonight my friend says he's pretty sure she's going to die soon. she acts very lethargic, won't walk or move around, and is bloated. to me, it sounds like this animal is clearly suffering and is an excellent candidate for humane euthanasia at the very least. but, it's all about the money, who cares if the animal suffers for a little while before it finally succumbs.

it just makes me angry and frustrated for the guinea pig. i HATE knowing that animals are suffering. if you have a pet, no matter what it is, be willing to make an investment in that pet's health care, even if it's just a small amount. i'm not asking you to spend a fortune on the pet, but i believe that you should at least be willing to help them in some way. :(

one of my friends parents has two guinea pigs. they rescued both of them, along with a dog at some point. so yipee, good for them for rescuing these animals instead of going to a pet store or breeder, but if you adopt ANY animal (in my opinion) you should be willing and prepared to pay for the expenses, including appropriate healthcare, for those animals.

one of the guinea pigs has seemingly been suffering from pretty severe mite infestation for several months now. i had a guinea pig with mites before, and it's a pretty miserable experience for the animal. they are extremely itchy, lose hair in clumps, can get secondary bacterial infections, and even suffer from seizures. its also pretty easily treated either with ivermectin or a dose of advantage (obviously the amounts are specifically tailored to the size of the animal) based on veterinary recommendations and findings. all in all its not terribly expensive to treat, but guinea pigs are often viewed as disposable pets. they're like $30 at the pet store, so why on earth would someone want to spend any money on vet care? except, oh yeah, it's a living creature and when you accepted ownership, you also accepted responsibility. and with that responsibility sometimes comes things like medical bills.

so this pet has been suffering for several months now, and i've recommended a few times that they take it in, or at least try some less savvy methods but to no avail. the guinea pig, being left untreated for so long, also reached the seizure part of having mites not to long ago. still nothing. recently, she lost a ton of weight, and began showing other non-specific signs of being unhealthy. pocket pets do not handle disease, stress, and pain well at all, so it's no surprise to me that she's gone down hill very quickly. tonight my friend says he's pretty sure she's going to die soon. she acts very lethargic, won't walk or move around, and is bloated. to me, it sounds like this animal is clearly suffering and is an excellent candidate for humane euthanasia at the very least. but, it's all about the money, who cares if the animal suffers for a little while before it finally succumbs.

it just makes me angry and frustrated for the guinea pig. i HATE knowing that animals are suffering. if you have a pet, no matter what it is, be willing to make an investment in that pet's health care, even if it's just a small amount. i'm not asking you to spend a fortune on the pet, but i believe that you should at least be willing to help them in some way. :(

I hear you. I have people that balk when I tell them I spent $1000 on a 11 yr old rabbit that had been in my house exactly 3 weeks.

When my hamster was on the decline from cancer, I made the decision to have her euthanized. I talked to my Mom about it who said "Can't you just give her something to kill her?" What?! After I put her down, my sister called me to ridicule me for "spending so much money on a rat". Seriously? I'm glad that she was able to go peacefully. I took her to the vet school, paid extra for a sedative so she would not feel the pain from the heart stick, and had her euthanized. I didn't care about the cost, I just did what I felt was right.

This is the thing that irks me more than ANYTHING else that I have encountered in the vet profession. :mad::mad:

Geeky Rant: My fortune cookies as of late are frustrating me. They are good (some good news will come in the near furture), but they just get my hopes up in a fortune cookie world.

@Abney, I hope you got some sleep and good luck!

Geeky Rant: My fortune cookies as of late are frustrating me. They are good (some good news will come in the near furture), but they just get my hopes up in a fortune cookie world.

@Abney, I hope you got some sleep and good luck!

LOL I've been thinking the same about my stupid horoscopes. Even though I don't really believe that stuff.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile

LOL I've been thinking the same about my stupid horoscopes. Even though I don't really believe that stuff.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using SDN Mobile

I should start letting my horoscopes disappoint me too. I never look. It is just hilarious to get a fortune cookie and be like "awesome!..... well that won't come true"

My rant of the day? I spent so much time & energy volunteering, shadowing, and studying to get into vet school that I can't even get a $%&#ing minimum wage summer job because I have no recent job references. Seriously, I'm putting down the guy who ran the swim pool I worked at after graduating high school.

Financially, putting the effort into vet school admissions was a good idea b/c I don't have opportunity cost of not getting in & I got a scholarship. But I feel like a complete failure for not being able to get a summer job! I've seriously been applying everywhere for the last month :-(

If I get nothing this week, I am just going to throw in the towel and volunteer all summer to get some recent references.

Snowy, email Ashra and ask her if she knows of anyone needing research or clinical help this summer! There's usually a decent amount of student jobs floating around.
Also if you're interested in pig welfare stuff and can make it out to New Bolton, email me... I know a professor who may still be looking for summer students.

Rant: People who decide to buy a house because it is the responsible financial descision but have to borrow money from friend to put just 3.5% down and complain that they don't make enough money- who then buy Iphones and macbooks on the same weekend they put in the offer on their house! Some people are silly!

Rant: People who decide to buy a house because it is the responsible financial descision but have to borrow money from friend to put just 3.5% down and complain that they don't make enough money- who then buy Iphones and macbooks on the same weekend they put in the offer on their house! Some people are silly!
Hmm, this seems awfully specific... lol

My rant of the day? I spent so much time & energy volunteering, shadowing, and studying to get into vet school that I can't even get a $%&#ing minimum wage summer job because I have no recent job references. Seriously, I'm putting down the guy who ran the swim pool I worked at after graduating high school.

Financially, putting the effort into vet school admissions was a good idea b/c I don't have opportunity cost of not getting in & I got a scholarship. But I feel like a complete failure for not being able to get a summer job! I've seriously been applying everywhere for the last month :-(

If I get nothing this week, I am just going to throw in the towel and volunteer all summer to get some recent references.
I know can't put it as work per se but can you mention your volunteering on your resume to show that you have been busy and are a hard worker etc?

I sincerely hope that you weren't the "friend" who lent out the money.

Stinkiest cow evvvvvver in necropsy today - four days past expiration and we were all ready to hurl. Still it was a pretty cool textbook case of hardware dz!