RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not dizzy this morning! :D

Instead, every single joint and muscle in my body hurts.:( I feel like I have a raging fever that causes sore muscles/joints and makes you feel exhausted but I don't have a fever. Just the sore muscles/joints/exhausted feeling. I am just glad that I don't feel like I am going to black out currently. :)

Members don't see this ad.

boys are DUMB! i had an ex break up with me the day after finals ended, but 4 days before both of us graduated AND while i was horribly sick with bronchitis. :mad:

i apologize in advance to dsmoody for the blanket statement ;)

O-hai-Luigi-lorinna-lolita-20267686-400-300.jpg

I love that picture! My pit would do that. She hates to see us sit together, because she's so jealous. She thinks she should be getting all of his attention. With my other dog it's the opposite. Van prefers to be the only one sitting with me. He doesn't want my bf there. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh. Absolutely no motivation to study for my orgo final in 3 hours. And there's a distinct possibility I'll be bursting into tears in the middle of it.

Ugh. Absolutely no motivation to study for my orgo final in 3 hours. And there's a distinct possibility I'll be bursting into tears in the middle of it.

I think Orgo. professors get off on that kind of thing. Here's a sample of the really coherent, legible diagrams that our orgo professor provided for us. Those dudes are mutants.

546330_10151009141769502_512154501_12984644_32766870_n.jpg

You can do it!! Be strong for four more hours and then you can go home and crumble for a night. Best of luck to you. B*tch slap that test like its your douchey ex!!!

Shaking during the OSCEs sort of makes suturing, or gowning and gloving, or any skill really hard. :scared:

You can do it!! Be strong for four more hours and then you can go home and crumble for a night. Best of luck to you. B*tch slap that test like its your douchey ex!!!

Only if I can do the same to my professor. Haha. You guys are the best.

I think Orgo. professors get off on that kind of thing. Here's a sample of the really coherent, legible diagrams that our orgo professor provided for us. Those dudes are mutants.

WTF is that garbage?

That's not that bad... it looks like he was using some sort of bad tablet program to draw it.

That's not that bad... it looks like he was using some sort of bad tablet program to draw it.

I was thinking that too. My animal science prof quit using one because it was so terrible to write with.

That's why I stopped taking notes on my iPad. They just looked horrible.

Is it sad that I remembered all of that? And I took orgo two years ago..

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually loved orgo. *gasp
I know it kind of makes me a freak but I really liked drawing all the structures and doing synthesis problems (NO math!!! Yess). Gen chem was the tough one for me strangely enough.

I would probably like orgo if my prof didn't make it so impossible...

Teacher's really make or break a class. It's true. I'm sorry to hear about the ex-bf, wildcatj. Good luck on your finals and look forward to finding someone much better. :hugs:

It was just confirmed: My trainer's dad had a stroke yesterday. I'm so worried. He and his wife are wonderful people and it makes me so upset. :(

I am so sick of working. I just feel like I am the only tech sometimes when there are 5 others. Like today when I am in 3 rooms at once and they call back another and ask me to go check them in. I told them no. There were 4 other techs who weren't doing anything why do I constantly have to overload myself to make the hospital flow more smoothly?
I would quit today if I didn't need the money. 6 more weeks left of being overworked and unappreciated. Maybe that is why I feel like crap...working myself into the ground for people who don't appreciate what I do.

I am so sick of working. I just feel like I am the only tech sometimes when there are 5 others. Like today when I am in 3 rooms at once and they call back another and ask me to go check them in. I told them no. There were 4 other techs who weren't doing anything why do I constantly have to overload myself to make the hospital flow more smoothly?
I would quit today if I didn't need the money. 6 more weeks left of being overworked and unappreciated. Maybe that is why I feel like crap...working myself into the ground for people who don't appreciate what I do.
I feel like this is all too typical for vet assistants in a vet hospital. There are a bunch of lazy or downright nasty techs, then one or two really hard workers. I was relieved to get out of the last hospital I worked at. There were such horrible people to be stuck with day in and day out. Just think of Edinburgh! It's not too far off now! :love:

I know it kind of makes me a freak but I really liked drawing all the structures and doing synthesis problems (NO math!!! Yess). Gen chem was the tough one for me strangely enough.

:thumbup:

I liked it the second time around!! :laugh:;)

Sometimes I think this is half the reason they want us to get veterinary experience. So when we become vets, we can remember back to being overused and under appreciated and not take advantage of the hard workers :laugh:. I know I personally am gonna make every person work equally as hard and if someone doesn't like it, I'll find someone who does. I'm so tired of watching people not do CRAP when half of them get paid way more! :mad:
I was always flattered being the "go to" tech, but frustrated at the same time.

My bf is visiting him in the hospital and they told him to be ready for everything. It's pretty bad. :scared:

Sometimes I think this is half the reason they want us to get veterinary experience. So when we become vets, we can remember back to being overused and under appreciated and not take advantage of the hard workers :laugh:. I know I personally am gonna make every person work equally as hard and if someone doesn't like it, I'll find someone who does. I'm so tired of watching people not do CRAP when half of them get paid way more! :mad:
I was always flattered being the "go to" tech, but frustrated at the same time.
I have actually seen a rather large difference in vets that were techs/assistants vs those that were not. I think it gives an appreciation for the other side (because let's face it, tech work pretty hard for not a lot of pay in most cases) and have witnessed some awful treatment of techs. Good techs can be hard to come by and deserve respect. However, if they don't work as hard as I do/have the same work ethic then that's it!! :laugh:

I mostly love where I live but it is SO FREAKING WINDY ALL THE FREAKING TIME!!! I hate that. I can deal with most weather conditions but wind really irks me. (It messes up my 'do!!! :mad:) lol

My dog caught a bunny in our backyard and ripped its guts out. I found it still alive and obviously in pain so I had to put it out of its misery. I feel awful. I know that it's better than letting it suffer until it dies on its own but I still feel really bad about it.

My dog caught a bunny in our backyard and ripped its guts out. I found it still alive and obviously in pain so I had to put it out of its misery. I feel awful. I know that it's better than letting it suffer until it dies on its own but I still feel really bad about it.
My dachshund does this with mice and I feel awful for them. I can't even imagine having to deal with a bunny :(

I have the mother of all finals at the ass crack of dawn tomorrow and I cannot sleep.

I know I will fall asleep exactly 5 minutes before hubby comes to bed and wakes me up again.

Need a 91 to get an A.
Need a 59 to get a B.
Need a 24 to pass the class

It's after midnight. I'm thinking the B range will be a pretty good end result! .
Soooo tired, so sick of finals. Nothing this week has been going right :(

He's gone. I don't even know what to do with myself. I am so upset. He was such an awesome man. He was like another grandpa to me. I should be studying for my two most important finals later today, but I just can't stop crying. I feel awful. I don't even know what to think right now. I wanted to go see him this weekend and didn't even get to do that anymore.

My bf just hung up on me when I told him. When he came here, their family was the one taking care of him. He's so upset. I'm so worried about him now.

And I probably won't even be here for the funeral. :(

Last edited:
He's gone. I don't even know what to do with myself. I am so upset. He was such an awesome man. He was like another grandpa to me. I should be studying for my two most important finals later today, but I just can't stop crying. I feel awful. I don't even know what to think right now. I wanted to go see him this weekend and didn't even get to do that anymore.

My bf just hung up on me when I told him. When he came here, their family was the one taking care of him. He's so upset. I'm so worried about him now.

And I probably won't even be here for the funeral. :(

So sorry PP :( It's an especially rough time for such a loss.

My professor just sent me home because I couldn't stop crying. I have to make up the exam on Monday.

So sorry PP :( I'm here if you need to talk.

I'm so sorry for your loss PP :(

Thank you to everybody. I'm mostly over the crying for today, but just have that numb feeling and don't really care about anything right now. I have my Physics final in a little over an hour, but can't really study.

I'll get to see my bf at least after that. I know he feels awful, so I hope seeing me will help him as much as me seeing him. :(

I also heard my other final (the one that got moved for me) was brutal. Now I'm really nervous about that for monday.. :(

Thank you to everybody. I'm mostly over the crying for today, but just have that numb feeling and don't really care about anything right now. I have my Physics final in a little over an hour, but can't really study.

I'll get to see my bf at least after that. I know he feels awful, so I hope seeing me will help him as much as me seeing him. :(

I also heard my other final (the one that got moved for me) was brutal. Now I'm really nervous about that for monday.. :(
I'm so sorry PP. At least you have the weekend to prepare :(

We made a fb group called "Remember ------" to write down all our memories with him. They'll be printed out and given to the family. While its wonderful to read what everyone is saying, it just hurts even more because such a great man is now gone. :(

I'm very sorry, PP. It's especially hard when it is all of a sudden. It sounds like everyone is remembering him well.:love: Good luck on your exam on Monday, I'm sure you will do awesome!

My rant: My parents are in town for graduation. They drive me insane. So much so that I got a bucket of beer last night at the bar (with a few friends). It was gross beer, but I drank it anyways, and I'm usually picky about my beer. Hopefully I can spend most of my summer at my boyfriend's parent's house.
Also, I hate packing.

Thank you! He definitely will be remembered. They're gonna put a book together with all the pictures and stories everyone is posting. I hope everyone can get one, because I'd love to have one!

How does one "accidently" turn off monitoring equipment?

:bullcrap:

She reset the outlet that the equipment was hooked up to because her ophthalmoscope was having issues and it was on the same outlet. Thing is, we had an issue with something earlier and she was troubleshooting with us. She claimed she didn't know it would affect us.

I love my job, I love my job, I love my job...

Longest night everrrr. This is literally the first time I have sat down in almost 8 hours. It's been a nonstop barrage of beeping fluid pumps, obnoxious critters, clotted IV lines, misplaced meds, empty fluid bags and screaming kids.

I hate this time of year - new fourth years just started this week and while I get that clinics take some getting used to - AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. i hope they all learn their way around quick!! I've been two hours behind on treatments all night because I'm constantly hunting for things that werent put where they were supposed to be, or the student on the case didnt leave me enough meds or fluids or formula. I've been so tempted to wake them up in the middle of the night with a phone call so they learn but I haven't quite reached that level of evilness yet (I'll go easy on them the first week!). As it is, I've had to call in 2 backup students and the resident on call in an attempt to get everything/everyone up and running. And I now have a giant paper cut on my finger that hurts like the dickens everytime I try to do something.

is it bedtime yet?

ETA: Ignore the above rant. Got to help deliver baby goats. I love my job!

Last edited:
Longest night everrrr. This is literally the first time I have sat down in almost 8 hours. It's been a nonstop barrage of beeping fluid pumps, obnoxious critters, clotted IV lines, misplaced meds, empty fluid bags and screaming kids.

ETA: Ignore the above rant. Got to help deliver baby goats. I love my job!

I definitely just had a WTF moment, wondering why there would be small children running around the hospital.

And then I read your edit and it all made much more sense and now I'm kind of jealous. That sounds really awesome.