RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
will my heart ever heal? i'm starting to believe that it quite possibly may not :cryi:

Members don't see this ad.

will my heart ever heal? i'm starting to believe that it quite possibly may not :cryi:

Not sure what is going on with you, but I have been through some major heartbreak ~3 years ago and I would not consider my heart healed yet. The good news is, happiness does find its way back in and life continues on in the most wonderful and unexpected ways. But the scars are still there and they might never fully heal, and it's an old ache you just learn to live with.

Most of the time heartbreak is not that bad, though. And maybe eventually, everything heals. 3 years is not even that long, in the grand scheme of things.

Just silly roommate and kitty grumbles.

My cat peed on my roomie's clothing (in our laundry room) a two days ago. This is really quite weird for my cat, as she's usually close to 100% on her litterbox... I kind of expect that she may have gotten locked out of the room where it was kept, but that's OK. I apologized profusely and washed the offending clothes (some jeans and most of it on a cotton towel) and got on with my life.

I got a text yesterday that she had peed on the clothes again. What the hell? So now I'm a little worried she might be having bladder issues, but in the meantime I went and bought a litterbox to install in the laundry room, set that up and went to wash the clothes that she had (apparently) peed on again. But I couldn't find any. The towel that she had mostly peed on the first time was still super, super cat pee smelly (so it's just getting thrown away), but none of the remaining clothing seemed like it had been peed on at all. My roomie was out of town for the day, so I just washed everything that was in that vicinity and called it a night.

I chatted with her this morning and she says she smelled the pee, didn't see it... then after questioning more she backtracked and said her clothes were "damp." o_O

I think she smelled the stinky towel smell and assumed that she had peed again, and didn't want to admit that she was wrong. She also tried to leverage the fact that my cat had already used the laundry room litterbox I set up to say that she's "obviously used to going in there." Um, what? No. She's a cat. She uses a litterbox 99.9% of the time, no crap she's going to use the new one in the first 24hrs or so.

So now I'm left to decide whether I'm being unreasonably defensive of my cat or not...

Members don't see this ad :)
She may have been still irritated about the first time and was a little hyper-concerned about smelling cat pee again. I think unless it keeps happening, I wouldn't worry too much. And maybe next time she says the cat does it, ask to see the stuff she claims was peed on.

I'm pretty indecisive myself. I hope wherever you end up works out, even if it isn't here. :)

Thanks! I keep going back and forth on whether I want to stay in my current place or move out there. The problem is that the things I don't like about this place are the things I do like about your place and vice versa. I even put everything about both places into this nifty pros and cons list calculator: http://www2.elc.polyu.edu.hk/cill/tools/prosandcons.htm They came out with exactly identical scores. I am hopeless. :laugh:

Thanks! I keep going back and forth on whether I want to stay in my current place or move out there. The problem is that the things I don't like about this place are the things I do like about your place and vice versa. I even put everything about both places into this nifty pros and cons list calculator: http://www2.elc.polyu.edu.hk/cill/tools/prosandcons.htm They came out with exactly identical scores. I am hopeless. :laugh:
In that case, the better choice is probably to stay since it means not going through the hassle of moving. Just a thought!

In that case, the better choice is probably to stay since it means not going through the hassle of moving. Just a thought!

Unfortunately, since I'm going home and this place rents to tourists in the summer, I have to move out and back in again anyway. Otherwise, that would definitely be the tie breaker. I hate moving.

my beloved camera appears to be sick! :O it started doing this weird reset thing during a dive yesterday (in a housing) where it would take a picture, freeze, go blank, and reset to whatever mode it was set to when the camera was first turned on (i.e. if the original set for the day was macro when i turned it on but i was shooting with a panoramic mode, it would reset back to macro; it also does it even if you're in that mode already). it would do this after every picture or so. i tried resetting it to default when i took it out later with no results. now its not even recording the picture, jut pretends to snap a shot and then resets.

aside from the fact that i've got hundreds and hundreds of dollars sunk into this camera because of the diving housing, i absolutely don't know what i'll do with myself if i have to spend my last month here without a camera! no more pictures, no more diving picture?!? a genuine nightmare!!!

I think she smelled the stinky towel smell and assumed that she had peed again, and didn't want to admit that she was wrong. She also tried to leverage the fact that my cat had already used the laundry room litterbox I set up to say that she's "obviously used to going in there." Um, what? No. She's a cat. She uses a litterbox 99.9% of the time, no crap she's going to use the new one in the first 24hrs or so.

So now I'm left to decide whether I'm being unreasonably defensive of my cat or not...

I would pre-soak the stuff that she's already peed on with some enzymatic cleaner before washing it next time.

...I think the rest of my decisions for the entirety of my life will now go through that calculator! Thank you (but also curse you...haha!)

my beloved camera appears to be sick! :O it started doing this weird reset thing during a dive yesterday (in a housing) where it would take a picture, freeze, go blank, and reset to whatever mode it was set to when the camera was first turned on (i.e. if the original set for the day was macro when i turned it on but i was shooting with a panoramic mode, it would reset back to macro; it also does it even if you're in that mode already). it would do this after every picture or so. i tried resetting it to default when i took it out later with no results. now its not even recording the picture, jut pretends to snap a shot and then resets.

aside from the fact that i've got hundreds and hundreds of dollars sunk into this camera because of the diving housing, i absolutely don't know what i'll do with myself if i have to spend my last month here without a camera! no more pictures, no more diving picture?!? a genuine nightmare!!!
advice from olympus customer service guy: "uh i've never heard of that happening before...um it's not supposed to do that. you should send it in for repair." why thank you, that was super insightful and helpful of you. i'm so glad i called, i thought that was a normal function of the camera! ...did i mention i'm in another country? "oh, um, well send it in when you get back." ahhh thanks for those pearls of wisdom. :mad:

I would pre-soak the stuff that she's already peed on with some enzymatic cleaner before washing it next time.

Definitely bought some when I grabbed her another litter box, but it was too late for the first round of clothes. Can we tell this hasn't ever been an issue before, haha?

Members don't see this ad :)
Feeling nauseous before even getting on the bus for over an hour ride to our beef farm tour this afternoon. This does not bode well for my afternoon.

My coworker just up and peaced out at like 1030 and said he would be back "soon." Pretty sure "soon" is not 2 hours or more. Pretty sad when I work more than he does and I am an intern (he is full time).

Grr.... I want to leave soon so I can go write my term paper.

I have a month left of classes but no f***s left to give.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users
Omg. I must be so desensitized. I didn't even realize that it should be censored, haha. Oh my.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm terrible at timed practical exams. 2 minutes per station is too little time for me. I try to stay calm but it's too much pressure. My anxiety has been through the roof lately :( Nothing seems to be going right, I want to give up. I miss my Libby; she was my sunshine

I'm terrible at timed practical exams. 2 minutes per station is too little time for me. I try to stay calm but it's too much pressure. My anxiety has been through the roof lately :( Nothing seems to be going right, I want to give up. I miss my Libby; she was my sunshine

Anesthesia? I totally bombed it last year. My head refused to calculate fluid rates and that was like 3 of the stations and I kept trying to go back to the problems mentally and remember the numbers... We've all been there, ky. *hugs*

Anesthesia? I totally bombed it last year. My head refused to calculate fluid rates and that was like 3 of the stations and I kept trying to go back to the problems mentally and remember the numbers... We've all been there, ky. *hugs*

Anesthesia and surgery both went poorly. I lost 5 points on the manned stations in anesthesia alone ugh.

It's not been a good past few weeks for my family...just found out my biological dad (who I don't see often, but that I'm still fairly close with) has been very sick for the past 3 days--diarrhea, fever, abdominal pain, etc. I'm begging my step-mom to force him to go to a doctor tomorrow. She says she'll make him go first thing in the morning. :\ Hopefully she follows through...I'd make him go myself, but he's over 400 miles away...

Completely pathetic rant, but I am filling out this application and have the whole thing near completion and my computer won't save what I have imputed. It is one of those online pdf forms that you can't copy/paste and can't save. I could go the screen shot route, but that doesn't allow me to continue to fill it out. I will just have to keep it up on my laptop and not shut down the laptop.... :lame:

Really annoying how some people wait until the last day to alert a school of their decision to attend or not. Perhaps those are some of the people with the 'fortunate' dilemma of being accepted and/or waitlisted to multiple schools, but those of us that don't have that problem would really like to know!! :bang:

Didn't get a grant I applied for that I was sure I was going to get. Pretty bummed.

So I have to get a yearly TB test since I'm in the school of public health in addition to vet med. Took the bus over to the other campus today for the application clinic. Waited in line for at least a half hour (while listening to all the dental students complain about having to walk all the way down the street to get to the clinic and "omg, why can't they have them in the building where we have class like they used to?"), because everyone else wanted to get there's done during lunch too. Since it was almost 1:00 by the time I got mine done, the nurse told me I'd have to come back sometime after 1 on Thursday to have it read. o_O And I'm like, wow, wait a minute. You said nowhere on your website where it lists application & read day schedules that I wouldn't be able to have it read until exactly 48 hours after it was applied, just that I have to be able to come both days. I have a presentation to do during my 1:00 class on thursday, followed by what was sure to be a very helpful review for our path lab exam. It would have been nice to know this in advance so I could have skipped out of class early this morning and gone over before lunch so and have it done early enough to have it read during lunch on Thursday, since my class this morning (which, ironically enough was about mycobacterium) was far less important. I mean I get the importance of waiting 48 hours, but it could have been a bit clearer on the darn website.

Really annoying how some people wait until the last day to alert a school of their decision to attend or not. Perhaps those are some of the people with the 'fortunate' dilemma of being accepted and/or waitlisted to multiple schools, but those of us that don't have that problem would really like to know!! :bang:

Hey now, you'll find out one way or another soon enough. Don't hate on your future classmates just because they took advantage of the time allotted to them.

Reactions: 1 user

I understand this frustration. I was on the waitlist every year at a school for 3 years in a row. It is frustrating, but many of the schools don't start pulling people off waitlists until the day after April 15th. Some schools will do earlier if they know ahead of time, but a lot of people getting off waitlists don't hear until after April 15th, regardless of if all the students have informed the school of their decision or not. So it may not even be the students waiting until the last minute. Hang in there, it is definitely frustrating being on the waitlist.

So I have to get a yearly TB test since I'm in the school of public health in addition to vet med. Took the bus over to the other campus today for the application clinic. Waited in line for at least a half hour (while listening to all the dental students complain about having to walk all the way down the street to get to the clinic and "omg, why can't they have them in the building where we have class like they used to?"), because everyone else wanted to get there's done during lunch too. Since it was almost 1:00 by the time I got mine done, the nurse told me I'd have to come back sometime after 1 on Thursday to have it read. o_O And I'm like, wow, wait a minute. You said nowhere on your website where it lists application & read day schedules that I wouldn't be able to have it read until exactly 48 hours after it was applied, just that I have to be able to come both days. I have a presentation to do during my 1:00 class on thursday, followed by what was sure to be a very helpful review for our path lab exam. It would have been nice to know this in advance so I could have skipped out of class early this morning and gone over before lunch so and have it done early enough to have it read during lunch on Thursday, since my class this morning (which, ironically enough was about mycobacterium) was far less important. I mean I get the importance of waiting 48 hours, but it could have been a bit clearer on the darn website.
Thats frustrating! Speaking of Tb tests, got an email today that I was "non-compliant" for my tb test last semester. I got my test done through school and they came to the vet school two days later to read it. Called, and apparently they lost whatever form they needed that said I got my read and it was negative/non-reactive. Now they're trying to get me to take it again and pay for again! Hoping whoever messed this up finds the paperwork soon.

I would ask if you can come back an hour early or a couple hours late; they really shouldn't care (or haven't in my experience with multiple TB tests).

Really annoying how you post something to a rant thread and then getting told not to hate when all you were doing was letting out a little frustration :bang:

:laugh:

Don't post something on an internet forum if you're going to get overly annoyed with people disagreeing with you.

This comes up every year. People on the wait list vs people with acceptances that haven't decided yet. lol

Last edited:
Really annoying how you post something to a rant thread and then getting told not to hate when all you were doing was letting out a little frustration :bang:

Good lord, passive aggressive much?

My point is that although it is frustrating you will find out very soon. And while waiting sucks, other applicants are entitled to take their time making an important decision about their futures. Whether they submit their decisions on January 1st or April 15th is not going to change the outcome for you. So you might as well take a deep breath and relax, because you've only got to hang on for a little bit longer.

Although now I might recommend that you use the wait time for an attitude adjustment. :rolleyes:

Edit: lol, so much escalation happening in this thread right now.

Last edited:
April is pre-vet month. Or this week is pre-vet week. It seems like there has been a spike lately.

As is said on another message board I frequent that has a rant section: Ranting does not mean that people only have to agree with you. If you post something even as a rant, people are perfectly entitled to disagree.

I would ask if you can come back an hour early or a couple hours late; they really shouldn't care (or haven't in my experience with multiple TB tests).
I did... the clinic closes at 3... will still be in class, and she said the absolute earliest that I'd be able come is 12:30, which is cutting it really close for me to take the bus back to campus for my class at 1, since my group is the first group presenting :(

Good lord, passive aggressive much?

My point is that although it is frustrating you will find out very soon. And while waiting sucks, other applicants are entitled to take their time making an important decision about their futures. Whether they submit their decisions on January 1st or April 15th is not going to change the outcome for you. So you might as well take a deep breath and relax, because you've only got to hang on for a little bit longer.

Although now I might recommend that you use the wait time for an attitude adjustment. :rolleyes:

Edit: lol, so much escalation happening in this thread right now.

Goodness. I was even telling that poster I understand how frustrating that is because I have been there many times before. Just wanted them to realize that a good number of schools won't even start calling off the waitlist until April 16th and some places wait until the week after even. Oh well, apparently being nice and telling someone you understand their frustration is a bad thing now.

I did... the clinic closes at 3... will still be in class, and she said the absolute earliest that I'd be able come is 12:30, which is cutting it really close for me to take the bus back to campus for my class at 1, since my group is the first group presenting :(
Ugh :( hope you're able to figure it out.

Edited. Sorry, I will self-censor that! I was a bit surprised that word wasn't starred out as well. :laugh:

Agh, why does everything happen at once? Yesterday evening our sewage pump started leaking (our house is below street level) so we currently can't use the water at our house and have a plumber coming out today. Last night I felt a twinge of a UTI and now I'm sitting at urgent care because it's significantly worse this morning. AND I ran over a rabbit on my way to urgent care.

No. Just no!!

Yay gastroenteritis... At least the worst of it is over, but I'm missing a day of my preceptorship for it :(

I'm really bummed. I spent the better part of two years culminating relationships with two professors at my school, in the hopes that I could ask them later for LORs for an internship. One of them left the college a few months ago, and the other is on her way out. THIS SUCKS SO MUCH. I am happy for them that they found better opportunities, but my proactive networking has landed me a big fat nothing. And both of them are excellent teachers and now I won't get to work with them on clinics.

I'm really bummed. I spent the better part of two years culminating relationships with two professors at my school, in the hopes that I could ask them later for LORs for an internship. One of them left the college a few months ago, and the other is on her way out. THIS SUCKS SO MUCH. I am happy for them that they found better opportunities, but my proactive networking has landed me a big fat nothing. And both of them are excellent teachers and now I won't get to work with them on clinics.
You can still ask for LORs, can't you?

Reactions: 2 users
You can still ask for LORs, can't you?
Technically, yes, but I never worked with them in a clinical setting, so I'm not sure how much they could add to my application at this point. Like "so and so hung out here on her days off...but I don't know how she'll work through a problem list or come up with a diagnosis"