RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm 1000% done with everything

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can now also say I am 100% over everything. As if my life wasn't stressful enough working, going to school and doing applications, my husband, who is being laid off from his primary job in two weeks just quit his second job tonight. Fml!!!
:diebanana:

When it rains it pours. Guess I will have to find time to work more. Who needs sleep? :boom:

Members don't see this ad :)
soooo tired. over all clinics are great. definitely did not appreciate being treated like a kennel/vet assistant today though. particularly when i'm going to pass/fail this rotation based on an assessment next week and of the 6 cases today, i only got to practice inducing with one because time management was poor with scheduling. bahh

but i will say that i have loved getting to intubate a couple of patients in lateral!

Last edited:
How do foster parents do it?? I've had my foster pup for 2 weeks and I found her a potential adopter but it's so hard for me to let her go even though I know she'll be going to a really awesome home :(
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1404004143.499104.jpg

How do foster parents do it?? I've had my foster pup for 2 weeks and I found her a potential adopter but it's so hard for me to let her go even though I know she'll be going to a really awesome home :(View attachment 182824
It was really hard for me to let go of my 5 foster kittens back in November, especially since i had gotten really attached to one of them. But it was very fulfilling to see them getting adopted :)

Molecular biology rotation was supposed to start on Monday. I hadn't heard anything from the prof, so I emailed her asking when/where to meet on Monday morning. Turns out the administration never told her a) exactly what week the rotation would be (she told them she'd be available in July and August) and b) that anyone had signed up. She and I and the other student are trying to get it rescheduled. Luckily, I had scheduled the next block off, so it might be doable, but I don't know. I am intensely unhappy with whoever dropped the ball on this one.

Molecular biology rotation was supposed to start on Monday. I hadn't heard anything from the prof, so I emailed her asking when/where to meet on Monday morning. Turns out the administration never told her a) exactly what week the rotation would be (she told them she'd be available in July and August) and b) that anyone had signed up. She and I and the other student are trying to get it rescheduled. Luckily, I had scheduled the next block off, so it might be doable, but I don't know. I am intensely unhappy with whoever dropped the ball on this one.

That sucks :( I had a couple of friends in 4th year last year that had similar things happen to them. Not sure why, it's not like 4th year rotations are a new thing to admin...

Holy crap, that's awful! I hope you guys get it sorted out quickly and with minimal stress :(

I got my dearest kitty a pipolino feeder to complement her le bistro automatic feeder for added enrichment. Dearest kitty loves her pipolino, and uses it so well. She never takes out more kibble than she needs to, and never makes a mess. I recently got said dearest kitty her very own kitten as the ultimate enrichment because she seemed to be so depressed with her one and only mama gone all day.

I came home and my dearest kitty's kitten had learned to dispense food from the pipolino (he's a little dull and doesn't even realize that the kibble dispensed is food...). He apparently chased it all around the kitchen all day and there's like 2-3 cups of kibble all over the kitchen floor. Kitten keeps diving into it from one corner of the kitchen to the other, running and jumping after the kibble that goes flying every time he dives. Ugh, the joys of having a kitten in the household. At least dearest kitty is amused by the whole thing.

(Kitten is growing on me though. He's a little special in the head, but super super sweet. If only kitten didn't come with all the devious kitten behavioral problems I had dodged with my dearest kitty. You know... the screen window scratching, the dashing over keyboards, chewing power cords, etc... I'm definitely a cat person, but not so much a kitten person).

Reactions: 3 users
I got my dearest kitty a pipolino feeder to complement her le bistro automatic feeder for added enrichment. Dearest kitty loves her pipolino, and uses it so well. She never takes out more kibble than she needs to, and never makes a mess. I recently got said dearest kitty her very own kitten as the ultimate enrichment because she seemed to be so depressed with her one and only mama gone all day.

I came home and my dearest kitty's kitten had learned to dispense food from the pipolino (he's a little dull and doesn't even realize that the kibble dispensed is food...). He apparently chased it all around the kitchen all day and there's like 2-3 cups of kibble all over the kitchen floor. Kitten keeps diving into it from one corner of the kitchen to the other, running and jumping after the kibble that goes flying every time he dives. Ugh, the joys of having a kitten in the household. At least dearest kitty is amused by the whole thing.

(Kitten is growing on me though. He's a little special in the head, but super super sweet. If only kitten didn't come with all the devious kitten behavioral problems I had dodged with my dearest kitty. You know... the screen window scratching, the dashing over keyboards, chewing power cords, etc... I'm definitely a cat person, but not so much a kitten person).
Aww, just give him time

why is it going to cost me over $400 to park at the vet school this year?! what the heck!!!

also, I'm so super homesick for Grenada. i miss my family and my people and my diving and my life :( change is stupid.

and apparently i'm in dentistry hell-land tomorrow too. teeth are sooooo grossssss! even if i'm just keeping them asleep! ugh mouths. ugh. ewwww! :)

Last edited:
why is it going to cost me over $400 to park at the vet school this year?! what the heck!!!

also, I'm so super homesick for Grenada. i miss my family and my people and my diving and my life :( change is stupid.
The fairgrounds are free! It only takes me a minute or two longer to get to school when I calculate in the time it takes having to turn onto campus and search for a spot on the deck with a pass.

Members don't see this ad :)
The fairgrounds are free! It only takes me a minute or two longer to get to school when I calculate in the time it takes having to turn onto campus and search for a spot on the deck with a pass.
i'm kind of worried about being out and about late at night. idk, when we talked about it during orientation, it seemed like a plan that could backfire easily if we weren't careful. plus i potentially need that extra minute or two in the morning. i hateeee getting out of bed!

I wish my parking was only $400 for the year. That's really not too bad a price.

and apparently i'm in dentistry hell-land tomorrow too. teeth are sooooo grossssss! even if i'm just keeping them asleep! ugh mouths. ugh. ewwww! :)
It's $600-700 per semester for most of the parking around my school... $400 for a year actually seems pretty reasonable :)

How do foster parents do it?? I've had my foster pup for 2 weeks and I found her a potential adopter but it's so hard for me to let her go even though I know she'll be going to a really awesome home :(View attachment 182824
*****not a rant***

So my sweet girl was officially adopted today. I could tell in the adopter's eyes that he is totally in love with her. I know it's for the best and she will be SO spoiled and I'll get to see her a lot because he's my neighbor and we have doggie play dates. But I cried, a lot. I work as an intern for the volunteer & foster coordinator so I see this all the time and I've fostered before but I had such an attachment to her for some reason. And then I was in the back a lot today trying to find puppy because my friend wants to foster one and today also happened to be euth day and I saw the carts with all the dogs. I completely lost it. I couldn't even finish the paperwork. My boss came in and saw my eyes and she gave me a big hug along with some other staff members. My boss has practically become my mom away from home so she took me to dinner and out to ride her horses tonight for the first time to get my mind off it. I'm so thankful for such an amazing support system at the shelter. Everything happens for a reason and now I can foster another dog to eventually find a loving home. :)

Reactions: 1 users
It's $600-700 per semester for most of the parking around my school... $400 for a year actually seems pretty reasonable :)
That's just awful. I thought mine was bad at close to $400/semester.
I miss my undergrad. Commuter student parking was $90 for the school year. It was darn far away, but still... I guess that's the difference between a school in the city and a school in the middle of godforsaken nowhere.

That's just awful. I thought mine was bad at close to $400/semester.
I miss my undergrad. Commuter student parking was $90 for the school year. It was darn far away, but still... I guess that's the difference between a school in the city and a school in the middle of godforsaken nowhere.
Yeah, we share space with a bunch of other schools and businesses, so parking is very limited. I know it was at least $600 a semester to park in the garage in my building this past year (it was an on campus apartment). There are a couple of garages around the main campus but no real parking lots, and good luck finding a meter spot...Another reason not to own a car lol

We've only been open a month and I have a client who calls multiple times each day and refers to her hamster as her son.
Oh boy. You've already got a crazy.

We had a client hire her ex-husband PI to track down a vet who left our practice unexpectedly without leaving any forwarding info. She called us to let us know she had found him, and asked one of the techs who had worked with him for a while if she wanted his phone number. She was like :uhno:

Oh boy. You've already got a crazy.

We had a client hire her ex-husband PI to track down a vet who left our practice unexpectedly without leaving any forwarding info. She called us to let us know she had found him, and asked one of the techs who had worked with him for a while if she wanted his phone number. She was like :uhno:
the hamster has hairloss so I'm treating for dermatophyte. She claims he is regrowing hair already (3 days into treatment) on his back but not his ears so it must not be working

:eek: How in the world do they justify charging that much for a parking pass?? That's completely ridiculous. You guys pay more in a month than what I will spend in an entire year... crazy.
Some kind of supply and demand calculation, probably.

So throughout my years up here, I've bought free range eggs. I've been so busy that I haven't gotten eggs yet and they were on sale at the grocery store this week so I thought hey, I'll just buy these and get more free range at the farmer's market next time.

I just made scrambled eggs to celebrate my day off and...I regret my decision. They're watery and pale and the "large" is like half the size of the free range and they're so much less amazing than free range eggs. Lesson learned: once you go free range you never go back.

Of course I would get assigned to a techniques course (equine hands-on skills, basically) the one week in the entire semester I want to go to a conference. Grrrr. And we're not allowed to switch. Debating whether it's worth it to leave on Friday evening, stay for Sat/Sun in order to be back to class Monday morning. Not a happy camper.

Personal statements suck! That is all. :)

Why do people get rewarded for complaining and doing ****ty at their job? I am an intern and I work harder than some of these people... *sigh* Only two more weeks and then I am out!

School in the summer sucks. I spent all of last summer working 45+ hour weeks, spending every evening in front of my computer doing homework, and crashing in bed on the weekends because I was exhausted. I was hoping this summer since I'm not working full time in addition to taking classes full time that I could, you know, find some time to do some projects and go exploring with my camera and find some new healthy recipes and get back in shape (not that I ever really was in the first place...). But no. Having more time just means I use it less efficiently and sit in front of the computer all day procrastinating on doing my homework, because my homework is stupid and I don't want to do it. My goal of working ahead to get all of my work done before I leave the country in August is looking less and less feasible as I fall further and further behind on my schedule in favor of going outside and making the most of summer while it's here.

School in the summer sucks. I spent all of last summer working 45+ hour weeks, spending every evening in front of my computer doing homework, and crashing in bed on the weekends because I was exhausted. I was hoping this summer since I'm not working full time in addition to taking classes full time that I could, you know, find some time to do some projects and go exploring with my camera and find some new healthy recipes and get back in shape (not that I ever really was in the first place...). But no. Having more time just means I use it less efficiently and sit in front of the computer all day procrastinating on doing my homework, because my homework is stupid and I don't want to do it. My goal of working ahead to get all of my work done before I leave the country in August is looking less and less feasible as I fall further and further behind on my schedule in favor of going outside and making the most of summer while it's here.
I completely understand. I have two jobs and two summer classes. Any downtime I have is wasted on tumblr or imgur.

I completely understand. I have two jobs and two summer classes. Any downtime I have is wasted on tumblr or imgur.
I used to waste time on tumblr before I found SDN.
I had to do actual adult things today though. Calling about renting a room in a house for the upcoming school year...I wish people would put more info online so I wouldn't have to ask a billion questions and then remember other questions that I should have asked earlier.
And has anyone ever heard of someone asking you to send the security deposit and one month's rent with your application and signed lease agreement? Like I get that I'm 800 miles about but I'm not sending you almost $800 before I even know if I've been approved...

My UK cell phone has recently decided that it only wants to charge if positioned a very specific way. It is getting quite frustrating and just now it decided to refuse to charge worse than it ever has before. I did finally get it to start charging. It needs to last 13 more days. That is it. Then I don't care if it never charges again. :xf: it lasts until then.

I used to waste time on tumblr before I found SDN.
I had to do actual adult things today though. Calling about renting a room in a house for the upcoming school year...I wish people would put more info online so I wouldn't have to ask a billion questions and then remember other questions that I should have asked earlier.
And has anyone ever heard of someone asking you to send the security deposit and one month's rent with your application and signed lease agreement? Like I get that I'm 800 miles about but I'm not sending you almost $800 before I even know if I've been approved...
A lot of apartments do that actually.

That's exactly how I am. I have a take home test due on the 15th which I need to finish up, so I keep telling myself I'll get it done this week since I only work till 2 this week. Well, I just come home and sit in front of the TV/take a nap and then go to the gym. Once I'm back from the gym, I'm too tired to work on it.

I had today off and managed to get a few other things done, just not really any of the test. Whoops.

I take it one step further.
I look like a child.
Impressive. I am pretty sure that makes you win at life when you are 30+ :p.

But yeah being an adult sucks, too much errands and too much money spent. When does it go back to being minimal responsibility and everything provided for you? :p

Impressive. I am pretty sure that makes you win at life when you are 30+ :p.

But yeah being an adult sucks, too much errands and too much money spent. When does it go back to being minimal responsibility and everything provided for you? :p
This is what everyone tells me. I don't care. I'm not 30+ yet :rage:

When you're really really old like @StartingoverVet and @LetItSnow. I can't wait! :oldman: