RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some of the VIN threads regarding the future of this profession are truly depressing. Not sure if I should remain ignorant or keep myself grounded in reality.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a friend in undergrad who went through this whole process. It was a nightmare from what all I saw her going through... I wouldn't be able to pass the lame exam they make people take to become citizens... No wonder we have so many "illegal" immigrants... it costs a boat load of money and knowledge that the vast majority of Americans don't even have.

Good Luck! :luck:

Thanks! :) It's frustrating because if my parents had gotten their crap together while I was a minor, I wouldn't have had to do any of this. But now that I'm an adult, I have to do the whole fingerprint/civics test/etc shebang, (and pay for all of it, urgh). I've lived here since I was a kid, I don't expect any problems with the actual process, the paperwork and such is just annoying!

Members don't see this ad :)
That's absolutely ridiculous. Sombreros? What the hell? It's a GALACTIC Fiesta people, time to be aliens! Another excuse for my 11th Doctor costume! (Not even a little bit joking here.)

I never know where to fall on these things. I'm never sure where the line between "harmless fun" and "mocking someone's culture" exists. I usually ere on the side the people probably aren't trying to mock other people. If there was a Canadian Party with beer and hockey and maple-flavoured foods... I'd probably go, cause that sounds like a good time.
There's a Canadian Pub in London. Checked it out during the winter Olympics in 2012, it had all those things :)

Dear Nick.com

WHY WON'T YOU LET ME WATCH THE NEW EPISODE OF KORRA?!?!?!?!?

Dear Nick.com

WHY WON'T YOU LET ME WATCH THE NEW EPISODE OF KORRA?!?!?!?!?

I bought it on iTunes this morning because I had to be here early for an exam and couldn't sit through class knowing there was a BEAUTIFUL new Korra episode I hadn't seen yet! *cough* Korrasami *cough*

I bought it on iTunes this morning because I had to be here early for an exam and couldn't sit through class knowing there was a BEAUTIFUL new Korra episode I hadn't seen yet! *cough* Korrasami *cough*
I just don't understand why Nick switched to TV provider servicing NOW. I don't have cable in my name, it's in my apartment's name.

You can just watch it on Nick.com ya know for free (or the Nick app). I don't have cable and haven't had an issue

You can just watch it on Nick.com ya know for free (or the Nick app). I don't have cable and haven't had an issue
Anytime we try to, it asks for your cable provider, or the video's broken.

Try tumblr there are always other videos posted after the episode has aired!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard from any of my schools yet, and seeing all the interview invites start to pile up in that thread (even knowing approximately when I will hear back from my schools), isn't helping my stress about my application.... :)

I haven't heard from any of my schools yet, and seeing all the interview invites start to pile up in that thread (even knowing approximately when I will hear back from my schools), isn't helping my stress about my application.... :)
I feel ya bro.

Woke up with a MASSIVE headache (most likely from sleep deprivation from this last week), and now I have no desire to study, which I sorely need to do in order to pass MicroAnatomy on Monday. Womp womp.

F swine, and F poultry.

I'll eat every last one of you little bastards.

You know you can get every one of those questions wrong and still pass with good margins right?
nudge nudge, wink wink.

On the day of, I just concentrated on dog, cat, and horse questions. For all the other ones, I either knew the answer right away, or I didn't worry about it. Eanie meanie miney moe. Super efficient that way. I totes waltzed out of the testing center with half the time to spare.

Well... Monday. So, yes? :)

Totally not buying what MB is selling. I mean, I believe that was her experience. But she's also super-smart. I'm more like AverageMan.

Good good, and be in Maryland on Dec 4, yeah?

And I was going to say the same thing about MB. My eenie-meenie-minie-mo always seems to fail...

Reactions: 1 user
Good good, and be in Maryland on Dec 4, yeah?

And I was going to say the same thing about MB. My eenie-meenie-minie-mo always seems to fail...

Right? I'm really good at ruling things out, getting down to two choices, agonizing over them, picking one, and then finding out I had earlier ruled out the correct answer.

My primary MO.

Reactions: 1 users
Right? I'm really good at ruling things out, getting down to two choices, agonizing over them, picking one, and then finding out I had earlier ruled out the correct answer.

My primary MO.

See, I don't trust myself to think through things like that for useless topics like pigs and cows and chicken because I doubt it will make a difference in outcome.

I read the question and I either know it or I don't. I just don't even bother if I don't and assume I'll get it wrong. I mean, that's life energy I would rather not be spending on whether or not there was something to the pig diarrhea being green and fetid smelling, and if that means it's this bug or that bug. In the end I'd still just be guessing.

I just eanie meanie for the hell of it, but I could just as easily pick all C's. I consider it 20 - 50% bonus points for effort, depending on how many answer choices there are and how many I know off the bat can't be the answer after just reading the question. It's rather liberating and helps me save anguish/headaches for the topics that actually matter.

Petty rant: I ordered a really cute dress online and they sent the wrong one.

My car was acting up, made an appointment with the dealership. Broke down halfway there. Took 2.5 hours to get a tow truck from AAA. What ahould have been ~2 hour round trip took closer to 5 :meh:

Hopefully it's not too expensive...

Was in Atlanta for a conference over the weekend with my SO. Super fun, neat talks, etc... and then on the way home at like 2am a deer sacrificed itself to the road gods on the front of the car. Now I'm spending the day running him around and dealing with that instead of studying for the finals that I have starting this week...

Poor dude had no idea what hit him. We hadn't even seen a single deer on the side of the road yet and BAM, jumps through the median and takes out the front side of the car.

Power goes out at 6:30 am thanks to a freak snow storm (3 inches in November, ugh, really Cbus??). NStarz needs to be at lab until goodness knows today playing with farm animals + immunocompromised cat at home = NStarz freaking out at 630 am. So the cats made a trip to the VMC today to chill in the cat ward. Of course, I end up getting out of lab at 2:30 and my friend texted me at 11 am saying the power was back on...(and now all my friends think I'm uber-paranoid...):bang:

I have to work on Thanksgiving at my call center job. :( My shift is from 6 to 1, so I won't miss Thanksgiving dinner, but I really wish I could spend the whole day with my family! I'm going to try to swap shifts with someone, but I'm not hopeful. At least I'll get time-and-a-half. It's times like these that I can't wait to just be a student again and have guaranteed breaks for holidays.

Power goes out at 6:30 am thanks to a freak snow storm (3 inches in November, ugh, really Cbus??). NStarz needs to be at lab until goodness knows today playing with farm animals + immunocompromised cat at home = NStarz freaking out at 630 am. So the cats made a trip to the VMC today to chill in the cat ward. Of course, I end up getting out of lab at 2:30 and my friend texted me at 11 am saying the power was back on...(and now all my friends think I'm uber-paranoid...):bang:
The power being out was ridiculous!I don't blame you at all!
I was supper worried about my bird if the temp got too cold, my power was out until noon. I skipped a few classes and made my bird cuddle in a blanket.

My car is slowly becoming a money pit. The left rear strut and swaybar went bad, and my mechanic wanted to replace both rear struts and sway bars. For $680.
Called my dad for advice, him and I are going to do it for $200 bucks.
Rant: Mechanics are overpriced, but their knowledge is helpful
Rave: Thank God my dad knows cars. And has tools.

Ordered a gallon of Nature's Miracle Advanced Cleaner on Amazon...got a Peek-a-boo teddy bear instead...I just don't know even know.

Reactions: 4 users
Vet schools consider calculus, but not ecology, in your science GPA...

Oh baby it's cold inside...when your heat goes out.

Currently skipping class to wait for the repair man. Huddled under piles of blankets with my yorkie. My GSD seems to think the temp is perfectly fine in here though.

Trying to find a new cat food for my cat to eat.

Tried chicken and gravy today.
She licked all the gravy off and left a huge pile of chicken behind.

Silly cat.

Hell will freeze over before I'll be able to talk to a real person at the IRS.

Didn't realize this had actually happened until now, and just thought they had introduced a new cider, but I'm really upset that they have discontinued the original Strongbow Dry Cider and replaced it with a sweeter one in the US.

It's just one of those days where it feels like every time something good happens to me, I can't enjoy that happiness without five stressful, bad things happening immediately afterwards.

The wonderful situation at my school where they only offer public speaking during interterm, they decide that everyone should sign up at the exact same time, and when you try signing up at 7:01 am, the classes wait list, which is only set to 9, is already completely filled. I hate my wifi...

When you felt really great about a test, and everything seemed easy and you felt like you aced it and easily had an A, and you get the test back and you have a 78%. :arghh: :mad: :confused: