RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm amazed and annoyed that human Dr's offices don't keep track of vaccine records like we do at vet hospitals. I'm trying to track down my vaccine records for school, and my current doctor claims they never had them, though I know they did when they boosted my tetanus vaccine in 2006 (that's how they knew I needed it, right?!) I know I can just have titers done, but I HATE having blood drawn, and I've already had to do it once this year. I even tried to call my current school to see if they have records, but they can't seem to find them either.

Members don't see this ad.

I did that briefly last year. I just didn't have time for it. I found when I properly did the warm up and cool down stretches, I felt. Lot better. It was just real glitchy on my phone and would freeze up and I couldn't go back to see what I missed.

There are some really good "do anywhere" body weight workouts on this site: http://darebee.com/workouts.html. The site has a built-in countdown timer, so you don't even need a stopwatch. You can do most of them in 30 minutes.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm amazed and annoyed that human Dr's offices don't keep track of vaccine records like we do at vet hospitals.

Mine certainly does. Not only did they order rabies vaccines for me years before vet school (wildlife stuff) when they didn't carry it, but they did all the reading on titer checking for me. And when I needed a vaccination record, it took them 5 seconds to print it out.

I think they are no different than us: some offices are really well organized with medical records, and some are not.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm amazed and annoyed that human Dr's offices don't keep track of vaccine records like we do at vet hospitals. I'm trying to track down my vaccine records for school, and my current doctor claims they never had them, though I know they did when they boosted my tetanus vaccine in 2006 (that's how they knew I needed it, right?!) I know I can just have titers done, but I HATE having blood drawn, and I've already had to do it once this year. I even tried to call my current school to see if they have records, but they can't seem to find them either.

They won't accept the titers you had done this year?

They won't accept the titers you had done this year?
They will accept titers, but I really hate having blood drawn (it causes a lot of anxiety for me, I know I'm a wimp.) I had blood work done about a month ago, but I just got my rabies titers since I didn't know they didn't have my other vaccine records.

Mine certainly does. Not only did they order rabies vaccines for me years before vet school (wildlife stuff) when they didn't carry it, but they did all the reading on titer checking for me. And when I needed a vaccination record, it took them 5 seconds to print it out.

I think they are no different than us: some offices are really well organized with medical records, and some are not.
I had three different doctors offices and none of them had my vaccine records. I know it could be an unluncky coincidence for me, but it's still annoying.

I told Mom I found what is probably a thyroid nodule on her skinny 15 year old cat. Her response? 'Oh yeah, I thought I felt something there awhile ago.' So you ignored it? :bang:

I told Mom I found what is probably a thyroid nodule on her skinny 15 year old cat. Her response? 'Oh yeah, I thought I felt something there awhile ago.' So you ignored it? :bang:

My older sister's dog had puppies. My mom was at her house not too long ago and one of the puppies has a swollen foot and is limping. My mom says something to my sister about needing to take it to the vet.

Older sister's response: "No, it is fine. Doesn't really seem to bother him, he just limps on it a little."

:rage::bang::slap:

My older sister's dog had puppies. My mom was at her house not too long ago and one of the puppies has a swollen foot and is limping. My mom says something to my sister about needing to take it to the vet.

Older sister's response: "No, it is fine. Doesn't really seem to bother him, he just limps on it a little."

:rage::bang::slap:

An acquaintance messaged me on Facebook because her dog recently had surgical staples removed and she thought that "something" might be sticking out of the wound. She had tried pulling it out with tweezers, but it wouldn't come out. So she wanted to know if she should try to pull it out with pliers.

12XMGIWtrHBl5e.gif

Oy. Reminds me of one of my family members. We stopped by for a quick visit, and I was petting her senior cat, who didn't look so good. Bad coat, all skin and bones. Noticed a huuuuuge lump - huge! - on his side, so I said, "Whoa, did you notice he has this huge lump here?" "Oh. Oh yeah, that. I figured it's just 'cause he's so skinny because he's probably losing lots of muscle from being so old and he can't really jump up on the couch anymore and doesn't really eat much." "Have you taken him to the vet?" "No. I guess maybe I should, right?" Nah, continue to just ignore it and get back to shopping on QVC.

Grey's Anatomy just made me bawl my eyes out, which really isn't cool since I have an autoimmune flare up right now and I have an autoimmune response to my own tears.

Also think I have food poisoning from a restaurant I went to with my rotationmates.

Not going to sleep tonight. Sheep wrangling tomorrow should be a blast.

Members don't see this ad :)
I HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET. My rant: People posting Grey's Anatomy spoilers all night and all morning >:[
Yahoo likes to put spoilers in their sponsored ads on facebook. I don't watch Grey's, but if I did I would have been pretty upset. They also spoiled a major storyline in Arrow that I haven't gotten to yet :mad:

I HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET. My rant: People posting Grey's Anatomy spoilers all night and all morning >:[
THIS!

I might be like 5 seasons behind, but that doesn't mean people should be posting about this depressing and potentially series-changing event :mad:

Reactions: 2 users
THIS!

I might be like 5 seasons behind, but that doesn't mean people should be posting about this depressing and potentially series-changing event :mad:

Seriously! I'm so annoyed haha

Got my first ever mani and pedi which was a nice feeling but got judged for my cuticle/skin around the nail bed picking. The guy said if I ever want my nails to be pretty again I need to stop. My nails themselves are fine, but she's sorry I have a compulsive habit that I'm already self conscious about and have tride to stop. Also didnt realize I cant wear normal shoes with a pedi because I'm horrible at being a girl.

Got my first ever mani and pedi which was a nice feeling but got judged for my cuticle/skin around the nail bed picking. The guy said if I ever want my nails to be pretty again I need to stop. My nails themselves are fine, but she's sorry I have a compulsive habit that I'm already self conscious about and have tride to stop. Also didnt realize I cant wear normal shoes with a pedi because I'm horrible at being a girl.
This is why I don't get my nails done. Like I'm sorry I have more important things in my life than obsessing over perfect nails and polish that's going to get chipped like 5 seconds after I leave.

Reactions: 1 users
This is why I don't get my nails done. Like I'm sorry I have more important things in my life than obsessing over perfect nails and polish that's going to get chipped like 5 seconds after I leave.

I did it for a wedding I'm in tomorrow. And sorry for any horrendous typos in my previous post. Using my phone and it was sunny so I couldn't see too well.

I did it for a wedding I'm in tomorrow. And sorry for any horrendous typos in my previous post. Using my phone and it was sunny so I couldn't see too well.
That makes sense. Sometimes you gotta sit through it, but it'd be nice if they weren't so judgy

Also didnt realize I cant wear normal shoes with a pedi because I'm horrible at being a girl.
I also didn't know this when I went to get a pedi with a friend. She had to tell me/loan me a pair of flip flops. I know nothing about being a girl. Doing my hair means pulling it back into a pony tail, or if I'm being really fancy, I'll do half pig-tails. I've considered getting a bikini wax, but I'm sure I won't prep for that properly.

I also didn't know this when I went to get a pedi with a friend. She had to tell me/loan me a pair of flip flops. I know nothing about being a girl. Doing my hair means pulling it back into a pony tail, or if I'm being really fancy, I'll do half pig-tails. I've considered getting a bikini wax, but I'm sure I won't prep for that properly.

I can straighten my hair and do basic makeup...that's about as far as my skills go. And I have no idea what to do with my hair for tonight because I washed it this morning, but don't want to style it tonight because then I'd have to wash it again and then it won't hold when they style it tomorrow. Being a girl is difficult at times.

Was reading the "What will you buy with your first Dr check?" over in Allo. Should not have done that.

My shoulder has been killing me. I can't even tell you guys. I'm really tolerant of pain. I broke my foot during a theater performance and danced on it and didn't realize it was broken until after the show. I get really bad migraines and go up and go to class and get my crap done. I had to step out of surgery lab yesterday to grab an ice pack because I couldn't hold a retractor for 20 minutes. PT isn't helping--if anything, it's making it worse. I have been near tears for three days straight. I have been icing it literally every other hour, and 15 minutes after I take the ice off I need it back on again. I start clinics in 9 days. I am so frustrated. I don't want to appear like a slacker because I am in so much pain I can't use my arm to do anything physical. I have a follow-up with my doctor next week but I'm out of time. I just don't now what to do anymore :(

I hate when someone posts on Facebook: "Someone either take my puppy or he's getting dumped. This is the second time he's chewed a wire." And gets offended and angry when I suggest puppy proofing or kenneling when he can't be supervised. Hopefully the puppy ends up in a good home.

I thought that this break from work and school would be so amazing. But instead I am absolutely bored out of my mind.

I thought that this break from work and school would be so amazing. But instead I am absolutely bored out of my mind.
Well in that case I have a paper you can write for me ;)

Better than any lame paper... I have about a million infectious diseases (that you will need to learn anyway at some point) that need to be condensed into easy notes for studying...

Soooo hear me out y'all... here's the depressing situation on my loans. I'm like so discouraged it makes me want to weep.

I've been in repayment for 5 months now (though I started paying as soon as I could prior to the end of my grace period).

So far, I've paid $18,000 on my loans. My most recent payment was $3400. My principal amount has gone down only $12,000. Seriously!

You'd think that with all the extra amount I'm paying monthly, I'd make a bigger dent... but sadly no. And I was pretty sneaky and took out $35,000 right before graduation at a lower interest rate to pay off all my accrued interest and extinguish one of my smaller loans so I started off with a clean slate...

For those of you who think, "well if I make $70,000 per year and live like a student, I'll be able to pay at least $30,000 per year on my loans, so I should be able to pay down my $150,000 loan in 5 years," think again... it just ain't that simple.

Better than any lame paper... I have about a million infectious diseases (that you will need to learn anyway at some point) that need to be condensed into easy notes for studying...

I'll bite that one!

Looking for places to stay this summer is getting a little exhausting. I'm doing research in Wisconsin and can't find a place cheaper, close enough to the hospital, than $1100 for two weeks. I figured, okay, I'll just stay a little further away and look into renting a car to see if that offsets the price. Oh, that's right. I can't rent a car because I'm only 21. I've totally made peace with the fact that paying off loans after vet school will be awful but it really sucks that I'm getting $1000 for this research project and it doesn't even cover where I would stay for half of the time required.

Looking for places to stay this summer is getting a little exhausting. I'm doing research in Wisconsin and can't find a place cheaper, close enough to the hospital, than $1100 for two weeks. I figured, okay, I'll just stay a little further away and look into renting a car to see if that offsets the price. Oh, that's right. I can't rent a car because I'm only 21. I've totally made peace with the fact that paying off loans after vet school will be awful but it really sucks that I'm getting $1000 for this research project and it doesn't even cover where I would stay for half of the time required.
Have you checked airbnb? I've had good luck with it.