RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have had a couple classmates use rotatingroom.com though I haven't used it personally. It's designed for med students going on externships so if there's no med school around you may be out of luck, but it's worth a quick search.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you checked airbnb? I've had good luck with it.
Yeah, the closest places are in Milwaukee which is a 20 minute car ride away or 2 hour bus ride...

I have had a couple classmates use rotatingroom.com though I haven't used it personally. It's designed for med students going on externships so if there's no med school around you may be out of luck, but it's worth a quick search.

I'll check that out, thanks! Edit: nothing available in the area unfortunately. If anyone has family in Waukesha that want to put up a poor vet student, I'm your girl!

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Looking for places to stay this summer is getting a little exhausting. I'm doing research in Wisconsin and can't find a place cheaper, close enough to the hospital, than $1100 for two weeks. I figured, okay, I'll just stay a little further away and look into renting a car to see if that offsets the price. Oh, that's right. I can't rent a car because I'm only 21. I've totally made peace with the fact that paying off loans after vet school will be awful but it really sucks that I'm getting $1000 for this research project and it doesn't even cover where I would stay for half of the time required.
You can rent a car through zipcar. Though it may be more of an initial investment than you want, and all the cars are located in Milwaukee

Whole day rentals with Zipcar daily would get super expensive though!
I've been away from zipcar since I bought my own car, but I think they cut you (albeit a small) deal for daily rentals.

You can rent a car through zipcar. Though it may be more of an initial investment than you want, and all the cars are located in Milwaukee
Thanks! I will look into that. I called a couple places about renting a car for people under 25 and they said there was an added daily surcharge of $25... I found a place I could stay for about $300 for the two weeks... if I find a way to drive 15 miles to the hospital.

I've been away from zipcar since I bought my own car, but I think they cut you (albeit a small) deal for daily rentals.
Well hopefully it's changed since I was a member back in the day... where it was $7 per hour or $70 per day. Zipcar's super awesome for like short rentals for shopping and going out and stuff, but at least back in their early days it was cheaper to get a rental car even with the under 25 surcharge if taking for multiple full days. Esp if you need it every day for weeks, due to availability of the car.

Tripped over one of the dogs late Saturday night. Fortunately arm not broken but have to wear a hard splint and sling for a week. My husband has to do my pony tail, button my jeans and cut up my food. He's a trooper but I'm sick of this crap.

Managed to avoid all Grey's Anatomy spoilers since I haven't seen the episode yet. Trying to watch now and the ABC Home Page for Grey's Anatomy just ruined it all for me.

Tripped over one of the dogs late Saturday night. Fortunately arm not broken but have to wear a hard splint and sling for a week. My husband has to do my pony tail, button my jeans and cut up my food. He's a trooper but I'm sick of this crap.
Ow. That bad?? Hope you feel better soon! (At least you have hubby to help!)

Popped my shoulder during my workout today. During my last set :yeahright:

Members don't see this ad :)
After a rare, glorious weekend where both my boyfriend and I were completely off work, today was a Monday from hell. Worked a double at the clinic, there was one emergency after another, and then we had a swarm of termites. :eek: I've been home for almost 3 hours and I still feel like my skin is crawling.

I'm at the point in packing where most of the stuff I need to pack is little fiddly things and awkward things that don't fit nicely into boxes (small kitchen appliances, knick-knacks, etc). Which means I'm procrastinating on the whole lot. Which I really can't do, because my parents are bringing the u-haul tomorrow. And whenever I look around the apartment, I just get more depressed at everything I have to do which makes me want to do none of it because I don't know where to start.

And it's snowing.

One eye has been swollen, inner lid is super inflamed, and hurting like heck for a few days. Went in, Dr. and NP had no idea what was up. Get to try super expensive antihistamine drops and if that doesn't work, go to ophthalmology.
Finals are this week and next.
:(

I'm at the point in packing where most of the stuff I need to pack is little fiddly things and awkward things that don't fit nicely into boxes (small kitchen appliances, knick-knacks, etc). Which means I'm procrastinating on the whole lot. Which I really can't do, because my parents are bringing the u-haul tomorrow. And whenever I look around the apartment, I just get more depressed at everything I have to do which makes me want to do none of it because I don't know where to start.

And it's snowing.
Do you have tote bags? Or if you go to the grocery store/Walmart sometimes there are cardboard packing boxes without lids that they put out for recycling

You need a bubble wrap suit!

Reactions: 1 user
Today, I had the sudden realization that I only have my dog with me for another couple of days and then we're apart for three whole months :(

Ugh. I'm sorry you have to deal with that. Slings are pretty uncomfortable.

Not really a rant, but just finding out you did worse on a test than you thought walking out of it (like, significantly worse). I mean I'm still guaranteed to have passed the class, and they're still grading the essay section, but I really didn't think I had done quite that poorly on the test. Sigh. Can this semester just be over now?

I haven't been this stressed out in a quite a long time....

Vet School: 1 Ashgirl: -13

:diebanana:(I'm currently the banana....)

I haven't been this stressed out in a quite a long time....

Vet School: 1 Ashgirl: -13

:diebanana:(I'm currently the banana....)
Has the emote always slammed the banana that hard?
Good luck Ash

Reactions: 2 users
Has the emote always slammed the banana that hard?
Good luck Ash
You can do it!!!
You have more then got this!!!!! :)
Thanks everyone, I really really appreciate the support :love:

Sometimes I think the anticipation for finals are almost worse than the finals themselves... this block they were really mean and put them all within 3 days (along with class....), which makes it a wee bit stressful to (try to) study for all of them, to say the least.

Thanks everyone, I really really appreciate the support :love:

Sometimes I think the anticipation for finals are almost worse than the finals themselves... this block they were really mean and put them all within 3 days (along with class....), which makes it a wee bit stressful to (try to) study for all of them, to say the least.
It has definitely been my experience that anticipation of a tough thing is often worse than the tough thing itself. It's part of why I procrastinate so much.

Though that schedule does sound super rough. Exams and class at the same time? :barf:
Yep... We have 19 hours of class this week + 6 (mostly) cumulative finals.... so I'm a little stressed :p

It's actually one thing that if I could change one thing about this curriculum (because in general I really love it), it would be not as much class during finals week. Though I understand it's hard for them to do that... it's would just make things a little better studying wise.

Yep... We have 19 hours of class this week + 6 (mostly) cumulative finals.... so I'm a little stressed :p

It's actually one thing that if I could change one thing about this curriculum (because in general I really love it), it would be not as much class during finals week. Though I understand it's hard for them to do that... it's would just make things a little better studying wise.
Dang. I guess even more than in the more traditional curricula you have to really keep on top of things. Otherwise I can't imagine preparing for finals and learning new stuff at the same time.

Dang. I guess even more than in the more traditional curricula you have to really keep on top of things. Otherwise I can't imagine preparing for finals and learning new stuff at the same time.
Yeah, it's probably one of the hardest things for me (personally), because I'm really good at staying on top of things... until we have a bunch of exams, and then I'm behind, but then there are more exams, which means I get more behind, and then it's finals week, there's still lectures and lab, and then I'm REALLY behind and hanging on to sanity by only my fingernails.

So theoretically, having quite a few exams causes you to stay ahead of the material, but I always end up playing catch up anyways.

Yeah, it's probably one of the hardest things for me (personally), because I'm really good at staying on top of things... until we have a bunch of exams, and then I'm behind, but then there are more exams, which means I get more behind, and then it's finals week, there's still lectures and lab, and then I'm REALLY behind and hanging on to sanity by only my fingernails.

So theoretically, having quite a few exams causes you to stay ahead of the material, but I always end up playing catch up anyways.
Oof. Sending good vibes all the way out to you, and a billion virtual clovers :D :luck:

Writing a research paper on neonatal maladjustment syndrome in horses.....the night before it is due......because I procrastinate. The weird part is being almost doneish, but not having the motivation to push the last hours to finish it. It isn't due till midnight tomorrow, but I have only a 3 hour break between biochem and neurobiology tomorrow morning, and then I work from 4-9 45 minutes away from my house. Maybe a total of 4.5 hours to finish it tomorrow.

On a separate note, Pierce Brown is a heinous man that leaves characters in heinous situations that makes you throw a book half way across the room. I don't even know if I want to read the third book when it comes out.

Not really a rant, but just finding out you did worse on a test than you thought walking out of it (like, significantly worse). I mean I'm still guaranteed to have passed the class, and they're still grading the essay section, but I really didn't think I had done quite that poorly on the test. Sigh. Can this semester just be over now?

Ha. LIS knows of which class you speak. And LIS just talked to the instructor grading those essays earlier today and she grumbled about having 200 essays to grade. And if it makes you feel better (it probably won't), that class was one of my worst grades in vet school .... and I still get along just fantastically with the one coordinator (Dr. S), and she has been extremely supportive in spite of my grade in her class. The MC portion of that final exam was just brutal, though.

you do realize you will likely have 1-2 exams per week after the first 2-3 weeks of vet school right?

:whistle:

Just found out that I'm no longer needed at my camp job, though the boss Madame told me that summer staff doesn't start until June 1st. And I'm ending my USDA job this Friday. There goes half of my earnings in less than a week, and my summer job doesn't fully kick in until the end of May. :yeahright:

you also have a week of finals at the end of every semester.

I never quite figured out why finals bugged people so much. For us, just because of the way classes were all staggered all over the semester, finals week really just meant 3-4 exams instead of the typical 1-2/week ... so really, it was only another 1-2 exams AND we didn't have classes so there was all sorts of free time to study. I always felt like finals week was pretty darn relaxing compared to the rest of semester.

Failed PT. Going back to the dr tomorrow but I'm not hopeful. Maybe they can shoot me full of cortisone so I can get through clinics :(

I never quite figured out why finals bugged people so much. For us, just because of the way classes were all staggered all over the semester, finals week really just meant 3-4 exams instead of the typical 1-2/week ... so really, it was only another 1-2 exams AND we didn't have classes so there was all sorts of free time to study. I always felt like finals week was pretty darn relaxing compared to the rest of semester.

Since you aren't so bothered by finals, I have a few you can come take for me... I know how much you love your production animals and infectious diseases... Especially when the professor asks obscure, ridiculous questions that make no sense at all....

I will give you cookies. :)