RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't know if it's just an AZ thing, and I know @alohacat319 and @katashark will know what I'm talking about, but what is up with the shorts and skirts so short you can now see the butt crease when girls walk? I don't remember this 2 years ago and when I was at UT Austin.

There's no way you can leave the house in the morning not knowing your ass is out, and frankly, you might as well wear lingerie to school. I realize I have perfect line-of-sight from a wheelchair, but really, no matter how attractive you are my first thought is "Hello butt. Please put some pants on."

I should start rolling around with my balls out of my pants.

this x1000. Since it is still above 85 degrees here in AZ, the level of butt exposure continues to be a bit absurd. I think people should be able to wear whatever they want, but when I'm literally being forced to stare at straight up butt cheek, it becomes a bit uncomfortable. I personally think there is something to be said for a little bit of modesty. Winter please get here!

Members don't see this ad.

this x1000. Since it is still above 85 degrees here in AZ, the level of butt exposure continues to be a bit absurd. I think people should be able to wear whatever they want, but when I'm literally being forced to stare at straight up butt cheek, it becomes a bit uncomfortable. I personally think there is something to be said for a little bit of modesty. Winter please get here!
FL too. I'm looking forward to cooler temps. I'm sure @DVMDream got enough of it while we were at the theme parks, too

So a project that I was supposed to be leaving for in 3 days has been post poned because the ducks are not even there yet. Problem is I have things that I was going to get done after this said project and now with them post poning it, I don't know if I'll be able to do it due to the time frame. I really want the experience (assisting with implanting transmitters in White-winged scoters! ) BUT I can't keep putting my **** on hold because people can't get themselves organized. Sigh. so frustrated right now. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
One of the vets in the clinic I work at is on a major power trip towards all the technicians because our practice manager just quit. Basically she is turning into a raging lunatic all the time, not to mention that I really don't think she is a very good vet. Once she was extracting teeth on a dog and accidentally pulled the wrong one and goes "oops. oh well." I would never in my life trust my pet to her and I feel terrible when clients ask me questions on how she is with animals and I am not allowed to tell the truth.

FL too. I'm looking forward to cooler temps. I'm sure @DVMDream got enough of it while we were at the theme parks, too
noooooooooooooooo. no cooler weather please. this week i've been wearing two fleeces at work because the building is cooler when it isnt as hot out :( [this is perfectly normal for me, my colleagues find it strange and distressing]

I'm like old and unfashionable so my wardrobe is still in the early 2000s, and have no idea what it's like to wear these things. But if shorts get that short, don't you get a really awful wedgie every time you take a step forward?
Or your legs adhere to any seat that isn't fabric. One of the most painful sensations known to man

Definitely not just AZ, the high waisted thing is just a thing now, like wearing leggings as pants.
See, I'll only wear leggings as pants if I'm wearing a hoodie/sweater that is oversized enough to cover my butt.

See, I'll only wear leggings as pants if I'm wearing a hoodie/sweater that is oversized enough to cover my butt.

I sort of live in leggings now, but they're workout leggings that are in fun, funky patterns (and usually because I'm on my way to/back from the gym).

And unfortunately, I'm not sure the butt cheeks will fully disappear. People will just start wearing tights under the shorts and it will just be slightly less in your face.

I sort of live in leggings now, but they're workout leggings that are in fun, funky patterns (and usually because I'm on my way to/back from the gym).

And unfortunately, I'm not sure the butt cheeks will fully disappear. People will just start wearing tights under the shorts and it will just be slightly less in your face.
To be honest, butt crack/cheeks in any form of clothing irritates me. When full length jeans are straight up your butt, that tells me a bit too much about your undergarment situation (or lack of, I should say). When shorts/leggings are being devoured, it's the same thing.

Leggings and yoga pants all day erryday

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Leggings and yoga pants all day erryday

I've managed to convince my boss yoga pants are acceptable for work. I live in them or my scrubs (whatever is clean) at all times. It's awesome.

Reactions: 1 user
I've managed to convince my boss yoga pants are acceptable for work. I live in them or my scrubs (whatever is clean) at all times. It's awesome.
LOL that's amazing. Sounds like the life.

Sometimes I wear scrubs to school just so I don't have to put on real clothes... :eek:

crazy hamster lady still brings her dog here (even though her hamster is dead). She's very demanding. She wants metronidazole as a preventive for diarrhea. She would also like some just in case. I told her no. We are putting the dog on cefpodoxime for flea allergy dermatitis/pyoderma. "well that can cause diarrhea, right?" yes, it can. "Will you give me the other stuff to prevent it?" No, I'm not going to give you metronidazole for antibiotic associated diarrhea that has not even occurred. We are sending her home with a probiotic due to her concern.

Had a sorority college student come in with her precious male bunny for an exam. She was concerned about the "tummy tumors". She also would not stop using the word "jizz" regarding her concern that the rabbit would start ejaculating around the house since he had not been neutered. "Do you think he's going to jizz on the carpet"?! Anyways, while I was examining the "tummy tumors" to be able to identify them for the doctor, I didn't feel anything. I held him up so she could show me wtf she was talking about, and she showed me his 6 nipples. Yep, she thought his nipples were tumors. She then proceeded to freak out because she thought that her rabbit was now a "tranny" (I can only hope she was meaning to say hermaphrodite). I almost died. It took every fiber of my being to not laugh. I then had to explain to her that, yes, surprising as it may be, male mammals have nipples too. Thanks for the $49.50 for us to tell you your rabbit has nipples.

Reactions: 10 users
My palpation quiz was on the fattest mare the school has (apparently she's actually pregnant, but whatever) :arghh: I couldn't even feel the her tibial tuberosity, which is the landmark they have us use for like half of the important structures in the hindlimb.

If people want to walk around with their butts out, then that's their prerogative. Eventually it will be cooler out, and they'll wear a few more pieces of clothing or said butts will probably be chilly. Butts are butts, almost everyone has one and I really don't see what the big deal is. I barely notice at this point. There are way more shocking/important things out in the world, and there are significantly more offensive pieces of clothing that people can choose to wear, even though I would prefer that they didn't.

Reactions: 4 users
If people want to walk around with their butts out, then that's their prerogative. Eventually it will be cooler out, and they'll wear a few more pieces of clothing or said butts will probably be chilly. Butts are butts, almost everyone has one and I really don't see what the big deal is. I barely notice at this point. There are way more shocking/important things out in the world, and there are significantly more offensive pieces of clothing that people can choose to wear, even though I would prefer that they didn't.

This is how I feel about boobs. Boobs are boob, and *GASP* not meant for the sole viewing pleasure of men! Shocking! Butts are a little grosser to me because that's what you sit on the toilet with. But it's whatever!

My records from an rDVM today:

"Dental. 2cc ketamine. 2cc pen"
:boom:

ps2uosh.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
My records from an rDVM today:

"Dental. 2cc ketamine. 2cc pen"
:boom:

ps2uosh.jpg

we had an rdvm send us a record (i'm a neurology specialty intern) that was a computer printout of a pet's annual vaccine record and with the following handwritten on the bottom: "acute lameness to hind limbs. sent to <referral hospital>. no tx or dx done."

My palpation quiz was on the fattest mare the school has (apparently she's actually pregnant, but whatever) :arghh: I couldn't even feel the her tibial tuberosity, which is the landmark they have us use for like half of the important structures in the hindlimb.

Real life scenario, at least.

Reactions: 2 users
Studied SOOO much for my domesticated animal anatomy practical (worth 35% of my total grade), memorizing all muscles, bones, joints, and spelling (no word bank), only to have the professor make us write in scientific AND common names. I barely knew any of the common names because I was not expecting to have to know them.. I'm so mad at myself! (And please tell me how I managed to mix up atlas and axis?)

Okay, I've hit my limit for probably the rest of the semester. Someone in our class stole my lab group's fully dissected fresh dog limb. That was our grade. This happened to a few groups. Interestingly, the few limbs that were left unclaimed weren't finished (I'm talking paws left unskinned, just not done at all). So someone claimed it as their own during the grading period. Our professor gave us an hour to redo an entire limb for a grade. :bang::sendoff::rage: He said we could try to go around and find our limb and report what group took it, but they all start to look the same once they're skinned so there was no point. Ugh.

Okay, I've hit my limit for probably the rest of the semester. Someone in our class stole my lab group's fully dissected fresh dog limb. That was our grade. This happened to a few groups. Interestingly, the few limbs that were left unclaimed weren't finished (I'm talking paws left unskinned, just not done at all). So someone claimed it as their own during the grading period. Our professor gave us an hour to redo an entire limb for a grade. :bang::sendoff::rage: He said we could try to go around and find our limb and report what group took it, but they all start to look the same once they're skinned so there was no point. Ugh.
Dude...what is wrong with people

Seriously? What the hell is wrong with the people in your class...

If you have any pictures that you took of it and see any distinct nails or something, maybe that will help. Even if it doesn't help you for the grade this time, you should try looking for it so they hopefully don't away with it.

I'd have no problem expelling anyone that intentionally stole something like that, personally.

Seriously? What the hell is wrong with the people in your class...
Yeah I'm just over it. I don't get it. We had these tissues for like 2 weeks now, you had plenty of time to come in and finish it. We did. Apparently some tags fell off, so people were just grabbing limbs and saying "Yeah I'll just take this one." You know damn well if you didn't finish yours, no matter if your tag fell off or not. I'd be more understanding if some unclaimed limbs were completed, but that wasn't the case. It turned a decent day into a terrible one.

If you have any pictures that you took of it and see any distinct nails or something, maybe that will help. Even if it doesn't help you for the grade this time, you should try looking for it so they hopefully don't away with it.

I'd have no problem expelling anyone that intentionally stole something like that, personally.
My group decided to try to carve our group number into the bone. No one could remember nail color, other wise we would have definitely tried that. Honestly, I'm a little upset that our instructor didn't make an announcement about it. It happened to at least three groups.

My group decided to try to carve our group number into the bone. No one could remember nail color, other wise we would have definitely tried that. Honestly, I'm a little upset that our instructor didn't make an announcement about it. It happened to at least three groups.

That is so disturbing. On the prof's part too.

That is so disturbing. On the prof's part too.
Overall just disappointing. Also, we aren't allowed to take pictures of our cadavers or anything pertaining to anatomy lab at all (that goes for living teaching animals as well). That probably would have helped if we were able to. Our last anatomy lab, which is supposed to be devoted to review, was spent trying to dissect a limb so we wouldn't lose points. UGHHHHHH. Just so frustrated!

Overall just disappointing. Also, we aren't allowed to take pictures of our cadavers or anything pertaining to anatomy lab at all (that goes for living teaching animals as well). That probably would have helped if we were able to. Our last anatomy lab, which is supposed to be devoted to review, was spent trying to dissect a limb so we wouldn't lose points. UGHHHHHH. Just so frustrated!

Why? Social media/pics policy? Jeez. They provide us tablets to take pics and videos in anatomy here.

Why? Social media/pics policy? Jeez. They provide us tablets to take pics and videos in anatomy here.
Yeah, basically. Just trying to avoid a PR scandal I guess. We can't even take pictures of the board that has a list of terms to know/omit (which is just being lazy, but still).

Yeah, basically. Just trying to avoid a PR scandal I guess. We can't even take pictures of the board that has a list of terms to know/omit (which is just being lazy, but still).

I can understand why taking a picture of a list is preferable to writing it down...I do it all the time. That just sucks all around.

They must have changed since I was a first year. We always took pictures of the white board, that just seems stupid to not be able to. We were told we could take pics of the cadaver if it was for only our own use, no sharing. Not sure how they could stop you from doing it after hours.

As for the stolen limb, that really is awful! I thought my class was bad, but your's seems to have taken it even further. I'm assuming you still have the same professor and he is worthless.

The morale around here is pretty bad.

Last edited:
They must have changed that since I was a first year. We always took pictures of the white board, that just seems stupid to not be able to. We were told we could take pics of the cadaver if it was for only our own use, no sharing. Not sure how they could stop you from doing it after hours.

As for the stolen limb, that really is awful! I thought my class was bad, but your's seems to have taken it even further. I'm assuming you still have the same professor and he is worthless.

The morale around here is pretty bad.
I agree, and it's disappointing. I've been told/warned 100 times that if I know something's in my mailbox, I'd better go get it because people steal things left and right. Yeah he didn't seem concerned tbh. It may have been that he wanted to assume it was an accident. I would have assumed it was too, but like I said, the unclaimed limbs were incomplete.

Not a single picture is allowed. We're not even supposed to take pictures of the bulletin board with pictures outside of the lab. I'm assuming someone took a picture of something, posted it, and ruined it for others.

Edit: Has stuff like this happened for your class? Having to be threatened to lose prosections, stealing dissections, etc.?

:lame:
What the heck is up with that. It's not like veterinary school isn't bad enough and we are all having a tough time. Worse yet is that a group or people would have to have done it. That's really, really disgusting.

:lame:
What the heck is up with that. It's not like veterinary school isn't bad enough and we are all having a tough time. Worse yet is that a group or people would have to have done it. That's really, really disgusting.
The two girls who put all the time into the limb almost cried (we had fresh horse and cow limbs too, so we all split up). It was done perfectly and I'm sure that's why it got nabbed. It really makes me not look forward to the next four years.

I agree, and it's disappointing. I've been told/warned 100 times that if I know something's in my mailbox, I'd better go get it because people steal things left and right. Yeah he didn't seem concerned tbh. It may have been that he wanted to assume it was an accident. I would have assumed it was too, but like I said, the unclaimed limbs were incomplete.

Not a single picture is allowed. We're not even supposed to take pictures of the bulletin board with pictures outside of the lab. I'm assuming someone took a picture of something, posted it, and ruined it for others.

Edit: Has stuff like this happened for your class? Having to be threatened to lose prosections, stealing dissections, etc.?

I don't remember things being stolen, but we were warned at the beginning of the year about the prosections. Everyone would get crazy around testing time and I had a few altercations with people about the prosections. I never looked at them until basically review day because I was busy trying to keep the peace between 2 of my lab group members with the other 1 that eventually just left our group. I had more of an issue with the instructors because they played favorites very obviously. "Helping" the same groups turned into social conversation time and we were lucky if we ever had someone walk by our group.

Well, get through this week and then you only have to deal with about 10 classmates per week on clinics and life will be better.

That's horrible :( I'm so sorry! Maybe mark a spot with a sharpie so that way it's at least somewhat differentiated. Ugh, people suck!

I don't remember things being stolen, but we were warned at the beginning of the year about the prosections. Everyone would get crazy around testing time and I had a few altercations with people about the prosections. I never looked at them until basically review day because I was busy trying to keep the peace between 2 of my lab group members with the other 1 that eventually just left our group. I had more of an issue with the instructors because they played favorites very obviously. "Helping" the same groups turned into social conversation time and we were lucky if we ever had someone walk by our group.

Well, get through this week and then you only have to deal with about 10 classmates per week on clinics and life will be better.
:nod: It's flippin absurd. We're tucked away in a corner and have to demand an instructor to come help us out. We literally will not see them unless we completely interrupt them and tell them we need to see them. Luckily, my lab group itself is fabulous, very supportive, and constantly teaching each other. It's probably the best part about the class for me, and I'm sad that we apparently won't end up in the same groups again.

Karma's a bitch. You keep working hard, they will get what's coming to them!