RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If a long term friend is willing to dump you because you called them on their bluff, was that ever really a friend? What happened to just telling each other the truth? I'm genuinely worried this person will never grow up and learn to have a mature discussion.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've never felt more alone in all my life.
<3 Hopefully, you can make this an awesome getting to know "me" kinda time and get something great out of it. Otherwise, if I was closer: icecream, beer, movies... and whatever you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
<3 Hopefully, you can make this an awesome getting to know "me" kinda time and get something great out of it. Otherwise, if I was closer: icecream, beer, movies... and whatever you want.
(To explain, when I was last in your situation, I went for a ton of hikes and backpacking trips, just me and my dog, and even though it was a rough time in the moment, I look back on that time with such fondness.)

I've never felt more alone in all my life.

Chin up, you've got us! A bunch of anonymous/semi-anonymous worrywarts who like to nerd/booze it up. Just holler and we got your back
virtual hug.png

Reactions: 2 users
Vacation is over and heading back to reality... I can no longer keep my head under a rock in regards to the many horrible things happening all over the place :(

Reactions: 2 users
Vacation is over and heading back to reality... I can no longer keep my head under a rock in regards to the many horrible things happening all over the place :(

Welcome back!

Being reasonable isn't all it's cut out to be. I've got coworkers refusing to work with Dr. So-and-So or refusing to do this or that or complaining and whining about having to do whatever-it-is and "ugh I can't handle appointments today. I can't even!", and management's response is to accommodate them and make everyone else work around these restrictions. Because we can't lose people right now. I'm glad my hard work is rewarded by making me do my least preferred tasks all the time because other people refuse to do their freaking jobs. That's great incentive.

Started my first official day of my internship by performing my first euthanasia. Followed it up by swapping in to do chest compressions on a puppy arresting from suspected non-cardiogenic edema.

On the plus side, the owners of the patient I euthanized were super nice and thankful and said I did a great job (not sure if they had a feeling I was a newbie).

Started my first official day of my internship by performing my first euthanasia. Followed it up by swapping in to do chest compressions on a puppy arresting from suspected non-cardiogenic edema.

On the plus side, the owners of the patient I euthanized were super nice and thankful and said I did a great job (not sure if they had a feeling I was a newbie).
Wow I'm sorry that's a tough way to start :( side note, I think some people just need to fill the after euthanasia pause with anything because I recently had someone say oh sweetie you did a good job when I expressed my condolences afterwards. I was like uh thanks...

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow I'm sorry that's a tough way to start :( side note, I think some people just need to fill the after euthanasia pause with anything because I recently had someone say oh sweetie you did a good job when I expressed my condolences afterwards. I was like uh thanks...

Oh I'm sure that was part of it as well. I was definitely shaky though since I've never done it previously.

One of my little foster kittens died tonight. Everyone was totally fine in the early evening, then I went to the store and did some cleaning, and when I upstairs a few hours later one kitten was lying apart from the others. It was very limp and almost dead. His nose had clear discharge and both eyes were stuck shut.

Last night he had one eye closed but I didn't think much of it. They only just started opening their eyes a little bit ago, and a friend who's fostering a different litter said that her kittens have been taking turns getting goopy eyes. Every so often a different one will have an eye stuck shut. So I thought it was sort of normal, cleaned him up, checked all the others, and everyone seemed okay.

Tonight two others have goopy eyes. I gave them all a dose of the antibiotics that one kitten is on (for an unrelated issue) and I'll talk to the vet tomorrow. I'm going to see if she'll do a necropsy, or see how much it would cost to send him to the vet school. I want to make sure the others will be all right.

Dead kittens are so sad. :(

One of my little foster kittens died tonight. Everyone was totally fine in the early evening, then I went to the store and did some cleaning, and when I upstairs a few hours later one kitten was lying apart from the others. It was very limp and almost dead. His nose had clear discharge and both eyes were stuck shut.

Last night he had one eye closed but I didn't think much of it. They only just started opening their eyes a little bit ago, and a friend who's fostering a different litter said that her kittens have been taking turns getting goopy eyes. Every so often a different one will have an eye stuck shut. So I thought it was sort of normal, cleaned him up, checked all the others, and everyone seemed okay.

Tonight two others have goopy eyes. I gave them all a dose of the antibiotics that one kitten is on (for an unrelated issue) and I'll talk to the vet tomorrow. I'm going to see if she'll do a necropsy, or see how much it would cost to send him to the vet school. I want to make sure the others will be all right.

Sorry to hear that. :( Sounds like your kitten may have had a URI - we get them a lot at our shelter and they're no fun. Hope the vet helps you out with the rest of the kittens you're fostering.

Woke up at like 445 this morning because I had scheduled my intro/fitness test appointment at the gym I recently signed up for. Got there for my 6 am appointment to find out that it was never actually scheduled. I missed out on 1.5 hours of extra sleep.

Reactions: 1 users
Woke up at like 445 this morning because I had scheduled my intro/fitness test appointment at the gym I recently signed up for. Got there for my 6 am appointment to find out that it was never actually scheduled. I missed out on 1.5 hours of extra sleep.
I am so sad and angry on your behalf. Sangry - mostly angry. Hug hug hug hug.

You got this, girl!!! I did my first real doctor-esque euthanasia during my job interview. Every day will make you keep on keeping on. This internship business seems to be such a steep learning curve. As I keep telling all of my other friends, just keep being kind to yourself. Each and every single second of the day!!!

Srsly. So sorry PBC :(

I think the SHS people are being dumb... If I've had all my preexposure rabies vaccines and my titer came back inadequate--I only need ONE booster vaccine, correct? That's what the CDC recommends!

Happened to look over at my dog last night at like 8 PM and notice a big open wound on her neck, kind of oozy... Great, so we'll go to the vet tomorrow. She woke me up at 5 AM with this awful generalized pruritus and she hasn't stopped scratching since then. Oh, and I can't find a vet in this town with availability today.

My baby Sheltie had a seizure yesterday (she had one a few years ago but they thought that was medicine related), and so I can't help but to worry about her, especially because I'm gone so much and she could go into full blown status epilepticus and I wouldn't even know it...

And I too have just lost my best friend for the past 4 years. Bf and I had a set back a little while ago that's made things difficult with us being long distance now. I took some time to think about things and we just talked and sort of mutually agreed that we can't fix it right now, so the best thing for us is to go our separate ways. We're hoping we can maintain our friendship down the road (i'm the weird person that has stayed on good terms with exs in the past) but know that it may take time and be weird at first.

I had thought I'd feel better after making this decision, but I'm not really sure that's the case. I'm kind of ready for this week to be over and it's only just started.

I'm on nights for my rotations right now, but off tonight. So I get to stay up alllllll night tonight so that I can be functional when I'm actually supposed to be working for the next six nights. It's really boring. My husband and friends are all asleep. My dogs are asleep. My cats are asleep. I hate working nights.

I'm on nights for my rotations right now, but off tonight. So I get to stay up alllllll night tonight so that I can be functional when I'm actually supposed to be working for the next six nights. It's really boring. My husband and friends are all asleep. My dogs are asleep. My cats are asleep. I hate working nights.

I just slept. Woke up at 5AM until maybe 9 or 10, then went back to sleep.

I just slept. Woke up at 5AM until maybe 9 or 10, then went back to sleep.
5AM is my usual wake up time, when I'm not on nights and I'm going to be up all day, so I find it hard to go back to bed after getting up then. I have a rather strict internal clock. I'm the kind of person that can plan to have a 30 minute nap and actually wake up after 30 minutes without using an alarm. These schedule changes really mess with my head. On the positive side, I'm done with nights after Sunday. Really looking forward to that.

And I too have just lost my best friend for the past 4 years. Bf and I had a set back a little while ago that's made things difficult with us being long distance now. I took some time to think about things and we just talked and sort of mutually agreed that we can't fix it right now, so the best thing for us is to go our separate ways. We're hoping we can maintain our friendship down the road (i'm the weird person that has stayed on good terms with exs in the past) but know that it may take time and be weird at first.

I had thought I'd feel better after making this decision, but I'm not really sure that's the case. I'm kind of ready for this week to be over and it's only just started.

Sorry to hear orca, tough as it was it sounds like it was the right call. Here's hoping the rest of your week's a better flavor.

I'm sorry Orca. :(

Happened to look over at my dog last night at like 8 PM and notice a big open wound on her neck, kind of oozy... Great, so we'll go to the vet tomorrow. She woke me up at 5 AM with this awful generalized pruritus and she hasn't stopped scratching since then. Oh, and I can't find a vet in this town with availability today.
How's your pup doing?? Any better?

My baby Sheltie had a seizure yesterday (she had one a few years ago but they thought that was medicine related), and so I can't help but to worry about her, especially because I'm gone so much and she could go into full blown status epilepticus and I wouldn't even know it...
Aw, sorry AG. Hope your girl is doing better today!!! Any more seizures?

I am always up usually. I actually went to my best friend's last night on ghost/night prowler patrol. Slept in her hallway. Woke up at 5:55am. My standard wake up time is 3am, but sometimes I sleep in until 5am depending on how late I go to sleep ;) But night shift is rough, for sure. all you can do is enjoy the peace and try not to dwell too much on the loneliness :/

:biglove: :biglove: Here's to a better day and a better week!! Same to @Jamr0ckin

My old girl kitty had another neurological episode, exactly the same symptoms as what happened 2 months ago. I didn't take her to the ER this time since she just had bloodwork and everything done yesterday (this couldn't havehappened before shewentin for her wellness visit?) and last time they just monitored her.

I guess the less ranty part is that it only lasted and hour and a half. I snuggled with her to try to keep her calm, she eventually fell asleep for a little while and when she woke up it was subsiding. I don't know if it actually helped but at least she was less stressed than she was at the ER.

I'm strongly considering setting her up with a neuro consult when I start school.

How's your pup doing?? Any better?
A little bit, we managed to get in to see someone and decided she just had a nasty hot spot (how, I have no idea) and shaved, cleaned, and sent home with antibiotics and an e-collar. She's less itchy now, but smells like a nasty skin infection :( Trying to keep it as clean as I can. Thank you for asking.

The fire alarm at work was set off THREE times today. The first two times only for 2-3 minutes each time. The last time it was nearly 10 minutes before the fire department came and turned it off. We're in a complex with 4 other businesses, so either the restaurant set it off or the people remodeling the unit next door messed with the wires accidentally (if it's set off in one unit it goes off in them all).

Our poor clinic kitties and the boarders were terrified :( and my ears are still ringing.

Hopefully if it was the construction people it doesn't happen again tomorrow :/

My old girl kitty had another neurological episode, exactly the same symptoms as what happened 2 months ago. I didn't take her to the ER this time since she just had bloodwork and everything done yesterday (this couldn't havehappened before shewentin for her wellness visit?) and last time they just monitored her.

I guess the less ranty part is that it only lasted and hour and a half. I snuggled with her to try to keep her calm, she eventually fell asleep for a little while and when she woke up it was subsiding. I don't know if it actually helped but at least she was less stressed than she was at the ER.

I'm strongly considering setting her up with a neuro consult when I start school.

Aww, sorry to hear your kitty had another episode :(

The fire alarm at work was set off THREE times today. The first two times only for 2-3 minutes each time. The last time it was nearly 10 minutes before the fire department came and turned it off. We're in a complex with 4 other businesses, so either the restaurant set it off or the people remodeling the unit next door messed with the wires accidentally (if it's set off in one unit it goes off in them all).

Our poor clinic kitties and the boarders were terrified :( and my ears are still ringing.

Hopefully if it was the construction people it doesn't happen again tomorrow :/
Poor kitties :(. Evil fire alarms :(

Would you mind PMing me more details??? I'll keep my fingers crossed for your bae :biglove:

Would you mind PMing me more details??? I'll keep my fingers crossed for your bae :biglove:
Sure thing, I think I said pretty much everything in various posts between this thread and the pets thread though. Might be hard to find because I post so much so I'll type it all up when I get to my computer. And thanks :)

Sure thing, I think I said pretty much everything in various posts between this thread and the pets thread though. Might be hard to find because I post so much so I'll type it all up when I get to my computer. And thanks :)
I am fascinated by neuro. And if you wouldn't mind compiling it, I'd love that. Thanks!

Ugh. I feel like I'm getting sick. My throat and head feel achy. If that's the case, I will definitely be sick by next week since I work the overnight shift Friday and Saturday.

My openly insubordinate coworker got a raise, with the justification being that she was asked to help with an extra set of tasks. I was asked to help with those tasks, too, and sure wasn't offered a raise, even though I actually do my job and don't throw temper tantrums saying I refuse to take appointments or do XYZ.

I also was the only one who volunteered to take on another side project. It took me a good 3-4 hours to do, with interruptions to help other people with other things. Based on the question management asked when I sent a copy, they didn't even bother looking at it. You're welcome, I guess.

I've never been naive enough to think that fairness exists in the workplace, but this is really ridiculous. I know I'm leaving and I know I'm willing to put up with a whole bunch of crap and I know that I'm such a pushover that I'm willing to pick up the slack, but it's pretty clear that other people are using that as an excuse to take advantage and squeeze every last drop of effort out of me while they still can. Meanwhile people who literally refuse to do their job get a freaking raise because we can't afford to lose them and need to try to make them happy. Yay.

Is it just me, or does it feel like the cable companies keep handing out even crappier modem/routers every time? We just got FiOS the other week for the house and pretty much since we've installed it, I get really spotty connectivity. I think it is partially cause my room is furthest from the router, but I am under the impression that the modem/router they give you is technically supposed to be able to supply a house. I have my own modem and router, but supposedly it's not FiOS compatible. I'm thinking I might have to get a signal extender...

Is it just me, or does it feel like the cable companies keep handing out even crappier modem/routers every time? We just got FiOS the other week for the house and pretty much since we've installed it, I get really spotty connectivity. I think it is partially cause my room is furthest from the router, but I am under the impression that the modem/router they give you is technically supposed to be able to supply a house. I have my own modem and router, but supposedly it's not FiOS compatible. I'm thinking I might have to get a signal extender...
It's a ploy by all electric companies. I swear...

We got a signal extender and it's really helpful and super easy to set up. If the connection is fine closer to the router, then I'd definitely get an extender.

Well, generally the routers and modems that companies provide are crappy.

especially if a combo item.

Not to mention they charge you to "rent" them.

You may ask what is compatible and get your own equipment to bring with you as you move

Well, generally the routers and modems that companies provide are crappy.

especially if a combo item.

Not to mention they charge you to "rent" them.

You may ask what is compatible and get your own equipment to bring with you as you move

Definitely rec this as well if you can swing the up front cost. My modem was less than just one year of renting one from Comcast.