RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
****ING ZUKU IS PISSING ME OFFFFFFF

giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah almost definitely. What isn't sure is if I'm going to take the job offer I have. It's the place I worked as a tech so there are a **** ton of down sides. But there are a **** ton of up sides, including the fact that they really need another vet abs they want it to be me so I'm in prime negotiating position. I'll still apply elsewhere though, if nothing else to get a feel for the area

Just curious, if you're ever thinking about AZ, send me a PM. That goes for any 2017ers. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, if you're ever thinking about AZ, send me a PM. That goes for any 2017ers. :)

My mom is in Nevada and I'd like to be near her. That's the main reason behind it.

The boy was going to go back to Seattle. I said that I would not live there. I'll compromise on area after he's done but I just can't do a city that big

Reactions: 1 user
My mom is in Nevada and I'd like to be near her. That's the main reason behind it.

The boy was going to go back to Seattle. I said that I would not live there. I'll compromise on area after he's done but I just can't do a city that big

Yeah, I like being back near family, it is quite nice.

I stress about it a little because I'm going to be mixed and would like to be in a smaller city or large town. He's going to specialize in surgery and likes big cities. Sigh

Reactions: 1 users
I stress about it a little because I'm going to be mixed and would like to be in a smaller city or large town. He's going to specialize in surgery and likes big cities. Sigh

The huzz's job pretty much requires he be in a city for work, but I love my "low density" zoning so he just commutes a long way to work every day. We both wish we could move to the middle of nowhere but his job (and associated benefits) are too good to leave right now. But it works out well that we get the quiet away from the huge city :)

Juniper watched the kittens eat their breakfast from the safety of the hallway without growling or twitching through the open bedroom door. Slow and steady will win the introduction race.

Reactions: 4 users
My friend was suppose to watch my cats during the off-campus orientation, but then she started complaining about wanting to go home that week instead. Told her I'd make other arrangements. I have a friend on clinics that wasn't going to be around, but now is, so I checked with her and arranged for her to watch them for me instead, and now the original friend is mad. Ugh.

I didn't really want the original person watching them anyway, and prefer this option, but come on. I did what you wanted! Why are you mad.

My friend was suppose to watch my cats during the off-campus orientation, but then she started complaining about wanting to go home that week instead. Told her I'd make other arrangements. I have a friend on clinics that wasn't going to be around, but now is, so I checked with her and arranged for her to watch them for me instead, and now the original friend is mad. Ugh.

I didn't really want the original person watching them anyway, and prefer this option, but come on. I did what you wanted! Why are you mad.
I don't understand this at all, she said she wanted to go home that weekend, why in the world would she be mad that you made different arrangements so that could happen? :confused:

I don't understand this at all, she said she wanted to go home that weekend, why in the world would she be mad that you made different arrangements so that could happen? :confused:
I know a few people who love to be passive aggressive like this. I feel like when they have these weird reasons for not doing things it's to get you to say "No, I really want you to do it!" and they get that validation of "See? They want me and nobody else."

Of course they get mad if you let them do whatever they wanted to do and find a replacement. Basically you can't win.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure why we thought lgbt rights and the presidential election were good topics to discuss on a road trip, but this is some fantastically awkward silence with my mother.

...*sigh*

Reactions: 5 users
I'm not sure why we thought lgbt rights and the presidential election were good topics to discuss on a road trip, but this is some fantastically awkward silence with my mother.

...*sigh*
Do you have a safety conversation?

Like my dad is a Native American former lawyer and former Marine. This means all race, law, politics, and anything even slightly related are No Man's land. He will argue even if you pretend to be on his side for hours and get pretty pissed off too.

Our safety conversation is anything sports. He will still talk for hours, but he'll smile while he does so.

...*sigh*
Ouch, those are always hairy topics to discuss. I guess you had some very different opinions on them?

...*sigh*
The day same sex marriage was legalized in the Supreme Court I got into a huge argument with my stepdad about it in the middle of a Mexican restaurant. I feel bad about it now because it wasn't the appropriate place and it is also not my job to change his world views no matter how vehemently I disagree with them.

Right after that argument we also got into an argument about how tax brackets work. Same restaurant. I feel less bad because he's in his 60's and really should know how that works.

I know a few people who love to be passive aggressive like this. I feel like when they have these weird reasons for not doing things it's to get you to say "No, I really want you to do it!" and they get that validation of "See? They want me and nobody else."

Of course they get mad if you let them do whatever they wanted to do and find a replacement. Basically you can't win.

Thanks, guys! Apparently she wanted the money? Which is fine, but then don't complain! Haha

She'll get over it in a few days. Hopefully :p

But now she is mad and ignoring me. I told her if she wants to do it still, fine. But I need to know ASAP.

Shes mad she has to ask for time off now... I'm just so done dealing with this today. She had told me (in the complaining text) she'd be able to go home if she wasn't so idk what's happening.

But now she is mad and ignoring me. I told her if she wants to do it still, fine. But I need to know ASAP.

Shes mad she has to ask for time off now... I'm just so done dealing with this today. She had told me (in the complaining text) she'd be able to go home if she wasn't so idk what's happening.

Tell her to go home and enjoy her time at home. It sounds as if she really needs it, especially if this isn't normal behavior for her.

Reactions: 3 users

Seriously she needs to check herself, like take a step back and figure out her issues, none of this makes sense :laugh:

Thanks, guys! Apparently she wanted the money? Which is fine, but then don't complain! Haha

She'll get over it in a few days. Hopefully :p

I mean, if she wants the money she has to do the work. I would tell her that you have already set up alternate arrangements and you will not renege on them just because she has changed her mind. She already wanted to go home and I would just wish her a good time at home and tell her that maybe in the future she'll be able to pet sit for you.

Tell her to go home and enjoy her time at home. It sounds as if she really needs it, especially if this isn't normal behavior for her.

Heh, an overreacting response isn't totally out of character. But I don't get why she is so mad when she said she didn't want to do it anymore and would go home if she wasn't, then got mad when I made arrangements so she'd be able to do it.

I mean, if she wants the money she has to do the work. I would tell her that you have already set up alternate arrangements and you will not renege on them just because she has changed her mind. She already wanted to go home and I would just wish her a good time at home and tell her that maybe in the future she'll be able to pet sit for you.

I'm going to give her till Friday, and if I don't hear from her, I'll check in to see what's going on. Honestly I'm kind of nervous to have her do it now when two weeks ago when I checked in to see if I needed to make other arrangements it was fine, and now this.

I don't want it to be the day before I leave and have her bail on me.

and all of this....is why I have a severely low friend number (and hang around with my laptop on a vet forum), people just inevitably irritate me and I don't have time to be trying to figure them out. On the downside, I have no one to watch my cats when I need it. It's good of you to make an effort and actually try to resolve it.

Heh, an overreacting response isn't totally out of character. But I don't get why she is so mad when she said she didn't want to do it anymore and would go home if she wasn't, then got mad when I made arrangements so she'd be able to do it.

I'm going to give her till Friday, and if I don't hear from her, I'll check in to see what's going on. Honestly I'm kind of nervous to have her do it now when two weeks ago when I checked in to see if I needed to make other arrangements it was fine, and now this.

I don't want it to be the day before I leave and have her bail on me.
I would also let the person you asked to cover for her know. Speaking as the person who's been asked to cover then spontaneously asked to not cover when someone repeatedly bails/unbails it can be frustrating to set time aside to watch someone's pets only to find out that you didn't have to. It's doubly as fun when it happens too late for you to make other plans.

Limbo isn't fun unfortunately, which is kind of what the other girl is keeping all of you in. :yeahright:

Also, if you're worried about her being unreliable... A good rule in life is to let someone show you they're unreliable once and once only. If she bails on you the day before you leave remember that and don't ask her to do things like that again.

New level of migraines. First episode of projectile vom. More meds. Icanteven. Woke up with migraine on other side of head. Same thing happened one month ago almost to the day. WTF I'm so done with this ****....

@kaydubs That's so rough. I'm sorry you have to deal with that crap:(

New level of migraines. First episode of projectile vom. More meds. Icanteven. Woke up with migraine on other side of head. Same thing happened one month ago almost to the day. WTF I'm so done with this ****....
I'm so sorry :(

I'm so sorry, Kaydubs. :( I have occasional episodes of really bad migraines, too, so I know how rough they are, especially when they make you feel so sick... I very much hope that things start improving for you soon.

What meds have you tried? The imitrex stat dose pen has been a lifesaver for me

Oh, I'm sorry Kay :( This is such a nightmare for you to have to deal with. Did you go to the hospital again?

What meds have you tried? The imitrex stat dose pen has been a lifesaver for me
I've had no luck with imitrex or the sumatriptans. Relpax has been working okay but I'm worried I've been having so many migraines again recently that I'll be getting rebound migraines from overmedicating. I'm on zonisamide daily (increasing daily dose starting tonight) but it's doing funny stuff to my narcolepsy. Thanks for the thoughts, y'all. I wouldn't wish migraines on anyone, especially when that nausea hits. Woof.

Oh, I'm sorry Kay :( This is such a nightmare for you to have to deal with. Did you go to the hospital again?
Nah, just made a mess at my relative's house and my mom wanted to kill me....

I've had no luck with imitrex or the sumatriptans. Relpax has been working okay but I'm worried I've been having so many migraines again recently that I'll be getting rebound migraines from overmedicating. I'm on zonisamide daily (increasing daily dose starting tonight) but it's doing funny stuff to my narcolepsy. Thanks for the thoughts, y'all. I wouldn't wish migraines on anyone, especially when that nausea hits. Woof.

Nah, just made a mess at my relative's house and my mom wanted to kill me....
I'm so sorry lady. That is awful

RI blows. Almost as much as Philly I'd wager.

I eventually got my permit. The people at the other location were much more pleasant but the whole process was just ridiculous. Called initially talk about ticket since streets aren't marked. Was told there are signs on the highway/exit ramps (yeah, like I"m going to notice/be paying attention to some tiny little white sign 10 miles out from where I'm going) and it's been that way for 40 years. Expressed my frustration since i've lived in several other cities and the streets themselves are clearly marked eliminating any confusion (unless you're Philly, then even sign free streets are fair game for ticketing). Was told if I wanted to appeal it I'd have to go to court at like 8 AM on a Wednesday which I am almost always working during that time and that I should get a parking permit. Asked if there was a way to do it online and was told nope and that the hours are only 10-2 on certain days of week. Again expressed frustration, got yelled at for being argumentative and essentially hung up on.

Show up to pay ticket. Ask about permit. Told I need proof of residency. Go home to email it to myself cause I don't have a printer. Show up, I'm told they don't take digital, which is annoying, but I can understand that. Asked if there was I way I could email it to someone. Was told supervisor would come out to me. Someone slightly higher up but not actual supervisor comes out and he looks at my electronic version and was just like "yeah we can't accept this" but continues to look at like 5 more times as if it will magically become a hardcopy. Then I'm essentially told it wouldn't matter because my lease is digitally signed and it needs to have my signature and landlord's. My landlord travels and can be difficult to get ahold of in person. Ask again about some way of printing it here/emailing it to an office email to have them print. Can't happen and I'm essentially told "sorry that you'll keep getting tickets." Told I can always go to the other location which is open till 4, which still doesn't usually work with my hours.

I end up driving back to the hospital to print my lease and an electric bill there to just get this taken care of today. Guy at the other location doesn't even look at the signature. Just the front of the lease.... mfers.

Last edited:

I'm so sorry, that sounds beyond awful. My friend who's contact info I PM'd you had episodes that were similar. She tried everything out there to try and may be able to help you a bit :xf:

TFW... your ability to do your job depends on the approval of someone who wants to work all by themselves and is pissed that someone got hired at all, let alone someone with more training than they had:sorry::arghh::mad::blackeye::hungover:... she's going to win soon. I don't want to work with her either if this is her behavior, but I'm still gonna cover her ass while she takes maternity leave and then find a job that will actually deliver as promised and this lab can figure out how to pay for their new expansion with only one person.:rage:

(I'm giving them until Christmas to see if they can turn things around. I can get a new job in very short order. I wanted this one to work though. I have friends here, and a beautiful farm... and moving a farm sucks!:yeahright:)

TFW... your ability to do your job depends on the approval of someone who wants to work all by themselves and is pissed that someone got hired at all, let alone someone with more training than they had:sorry::arghh::mad::blackeye::hungover:... she's going to win soon. I don't want to work with her either if this is her behavior, but I'm still gonna cover her ass while she takes maternity leave and then find a job that will actually deliver as promised and this lab can figure out how to pay for their new expansion with only one person.:rage:

(I'm giving them until Christmas to see if they can turn things around. I can get a new job in very short order. I wanted this one to work though. I have friends here, and a beautiful farm... and moving a farm sucks!:yeahright:)
I was worried about moving two cats and three fish I don't even want to think about moving a farm :(

I was worried about moving two cats and three fish I don't even want to think about moving a farm :(
23 fish, 3 cats, 5 chickens, 1 dog, 2 goats, 3 rabbits, and 1 cow moved up here.

Next spring it will be at least: 12 fish (baby mollies sold), 3 cats, 25 chickens, 2 turkeys, 1 dog, 5 doe goats and any kids, 1 buck, 4 rabbits, and a cow and calf.

And that's assuming we don't buy anything more. We wanted to get more cows while here. (And pigs and horses again... sigh). No sense if I won't be staying. And move all that with 2 toddlers.

All the sad emoticons!!!!:(:oops::arghh::bigtears::cow::depressed::cryi:

And the cow just cause I needed to click on it :cow::cow::cow::cow:

I fell asleep on the couch. Fairly normal occurrence around here. But it got windy outside and I have my bathroom window open a crack. It knocked my shampoo into the tub and scared me ****less. I thought someone was trying to come in. Now my chest hurts

15 years in vet med and yesterday was the first time I've been hurt bad enough to need medical attention. I'm okay, luckily, but stitches were not a fun way to start a long weekend off.
My boss did bring me a medicinal bottle of wine though... It will go nicely with a side of antibiotics :)