RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I get stress migraines.

I used to get them a lot as a teen in a dangerous and abusive and nearly deadly home.

I got them less in college even working 60- 80 hours/week. My mother stole all my college funds, my siblings lives were in danger and I was nearly killed twice heading home the first year.

My kid has a complicated health history and I only got one during heart surgery and a few during her months of such severe OSA that I never slept.

I have had 3 in the last 7 days. I moved my family here for one income and I hate my job and my coworkers and what the crappieness of this job means for me and my family and farm. :mad::(

Members don't see this ad.

I get stress migraines.

I used to get them a lot as a teen in a dangerous and abusive and nearly deadly home.

I got them less in college even working 60- 80 hours/week. My mother stole all my college funds, my siblings lives were in danger and I was nearly killed twice heading home the first year.

My kid has a complicated health history and I only got one during heart surgery and a few during her months of such severe OSA that I never slept.

I have had 3 in the last 7 days. I moved my family here for one income and I hate my job and my coworkers and what the crappieness of this job means for me and my family and farm. :mad::(
Hug hug hug. :biglove:

Reactions: 1 user
Urgh. Got out of my state board exam this morning to a terse "call me as soon as you can" message from my roommate. Apparently my lemon of a ferret, Darwin, was nearly unresponsive this morning when she saw him... so off to the school he went. Secondhand, she says the student said he perked up with some fluids, karo syrup and baby food (he has had a partial pancreatectomy and is on daily meds for insulinoma), but now I'm just sitting in an exam room, anxiously waiting to talk to someone about him and actually get information. Used to being able to just walk into the back and chat up the clinicians.

Worried. He has so many problems and is such a sweet little furrito.

Members don't see this ad :)
Urgh. Got out of my state board exam this morning to a terse "call me as soon as you can" message from my roommate. Apparently my lemon of a ferret, Darwin, was nearly unresponsive this morning when she saw him... so off to the school he went. Secondhand, she says the student said he perked up with some fluids, karo syrup and baby food (he has had a partial pancreatectomy and is on daily meds for insulinoma), but now I'm just sitting in an exam room, anxiously waiting to talk to someone about him and actually get information. Used to being able to just walk into the back and chat up the clinicians.

Worried. He has so many problems and is such a sweet little furrito.
Aw sorry to hear that Trilt :(. How's he doing now?

Sorry to hear about Darwin, Trilt. :( Really hoping that he is doing all right now and that you can get some answers.

Thanks, guys. He's home now:

eTLWwVl.jpg

He's still super dopey and they got blood on him without sedation (not normal), but he's much better than this morning. Still waiting for a call from them on cbc/chem results (so WEIRD not being able to log in and look at it myself...) but they were OK with him coming home in the meantime. BG was high 40s on presentation, which is not super crazy for him (he lives happily in the 50/60s) so hoping there's not something else horrible happening.

Just stressful being the client, you know?

Reactions: 5 users
I have four weddings to attend in September. In two of them, I'm a bridesmaid, so that's fine. Today I tried to buy something to wear to the other two weddings. I've discovered that not only can I not adult, I also cannot clothes.

Reactions: 3 users
I have had this random muscle in my back twitching all day long constantly. It doesn't hurt at all, but it is so annoying. It seriously twitches multiple times a minute and is so distracting. :wtf:

I have had this random muscle in my back twitching all day long constantly. It doesn't hurt at all, but it is so annoying. It seriously twitches multiple times a minute and is so distracting. :wtf:
so maybe that is where you carry stress to some degree. All this new stuff made me tense when it was me. Especially the socializing part. so many people and my facial recognition skills are the absolute worst.

Thanks, guys. He's home now:

BG was high 40s on presentation, which is not super crazy for him (he lives happily in the 50/60s) so hoping there's not something else horrible happening.

Just stressful being the client, you know?

He's an insulimona, right?

You are doing the frequent feedings thing, right?

I had an insulinoma patient present on ER a few weeks back. Their vet never told them to feed frequently to help smooth out the glucose curve (at least, according to the owners..........). Poor thing had been having regular hypoglycemic episodes. Quality of life was easily and dramatically increased (at least, for some period of time) just by me telling them to shift to frequent feedings.

The entirety of my "treatment" was giving that dog a can of dog food, which it ate readily.

so maybe that is where you carry stress to some degree. All this new stuff made me tense when it was me. Especially the socializing part. so many people and my facial recognition skills are the absolute worst.
My facial recognition skills are terrible as well!

Also, my muscles twitch like this all the time. I always sort of assumed I had a nutrient deficiency or something, lol. Though I have to say when I was extremely stressed last year I literally developed an eye twitch, it was awful. Usually when I get more stressed out my OCD worsens, that's how I can tell that I need to slow things down a bit.

My facial recognition skills are terrible as well!

Also, my muscles twitch like this all the time. I always sort of assumed I had a nutrient deficiency or something, lol. Though I have to say when I was extremely stressed last year I literally developed an eye twitch, it was awful. Usually when I get more stressed out my OCD worsens, that's how I can tell that I need to slow things down a bit.

Yes, I have a B12 deficiency and whenever I get low, I start getting muscle twitches. They are really annoying, I'm sorry @alohacat319 .

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
He's an insulimona, right?

You are doing the frequent feedings thing, right?

I had an insulinoma patient present on ER a few weeks back. Their vet never told them to feed frequently to help smooth out the glucose curve. Poor thing had been having regular hypoglycemic episodes. Quality of life was easily and dramatically increased (at least, for some period of time) just by me telling them to shift to frequent feedings.

The entirety of my "treatment" was giving that dog a can of dog food, which it ate readily.
Yeah, they always have available food. I'm actually mildly worried that he got weak and couldn't make it to the higher level where the food bowl is located today, though, so going to put bowls on all the levels of the cage going forward.

Still twitching 12 hours later.....

I have four weddings to attend in September. In two of them, I'm a bridesmaid, so that's fine. Today I tried to buy something to wear to the other two weddings. I've discovered that not only can I not adult, I also cannot clothes.
Send pictures. I enjoy choosing things for other people. For me, not so much. I run, run so far awayyyyyy

Send pictures. I enjoy choosing things for other people. For me, not so much. I run, run so far awayyyyyy
Bit late now unfortunately. I did go back and get two out of the 15+ things I tried on. I got a black and white criss-cross thing and a black flower print off the should thing (that will probably require fabric tape to avoid a wardrobe malfunction but whatevs). I believe these ''things" are called dresses.

Reactions: 2 users
Bit late now unfortunately. I did go back and get two out of the 15+ things I tried on. I got a black and white criss-cross thing and a black flower print off the should thing (that will probably require fabric tape to avoid a wardrobe malfunction but whatevs). I believe these ''things" are called dresses.
next time ;)

next time ;)
For realz. I basically wanted to go into stores and be like: "Please dress me for a wedding and make me look put together and adult and amazing, while spending as little money as possible cause I have student loans and a horse." (The two dresses I bought were $24.50 and $14.75, both like 75% off.)

Reactions: 4 users
While I ran to grab food for dinner tonight, my dog raided the trash can and ate the absorbent pad that they put on the bottom of a package of meat. He's a known trash raider so I usually lock the lid on my trash can before I leave him unattended and loose, but I forgot. I got home, realized what he did (he was in the act of shredding the styrofoam tray when I walked in the door), sat my food down and ran to Walmart to get peroxide to make him vomit. Realized when I arrived at Walmart that in my haste to leave, I had left my food on the coffee table where he could reach it. Bought peroxide, got home...yup, he ate my tacos. Great. Induce vomiting and after 20 minutes he finally vomits up some taco pieces but no absorbent pad. After a tiny bit more peroxide, he finally brings up about 1/4 to 1/2 of the pad. Luckily it looks well chewed. I will be keeping a close eye on him into tomorrow to make sure we don't need to go to the school for further care. I felt like an idiot that I left my dinner out, but I think it helped that he had some food in his stomach to bring up with the pad. Downside to it is he has IBD so I know he's going to vomit later tonight or tomorrow morning from the people food, so I have that mess to look forward to cleaning as well. It's a good thing he's cute and I love him...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Went to The Fray concert tonight and the people behind me were ALL UP ON MY DICK all night. This little teenage girl kept shoving up against me and it made no sense, it was a chill concert venue and literally no one else was touching anybody. She would just get all up in my space and LEAN against my back like I was a fence. I shoved her backwards off me for like three hours (through two different band sets) and she started to flick my bra strap to try to get me to move forward, wtf. I started shoving her backwards much more aggressively then and finally before The Fray came on she switched spots with her mother... Who also proceeded to try to shove me for the beginning of the concert until I nearly knocked her over too. WTF, b*****???

I refused to move and she started yelling at me about "stepping on her bag". Look, if your bag ain't longer than two people there is NO REASON it should be under my feet. I didn't step on it. Put it next to you, since it's YOUR bag.

Also, wtf were you doing earlier when you switched spots with your daughter and then bent down and literally rubbed your head all over my legs moving your bag next to me? It's YOUR bag and I WILL stomp all over it because you're both rude inconsiderate a**holes who should feel bad about their behavior in public.

It was a great concert, but damn, f*** that lady and her ingrate child.

Reactions: 2 users
Went to The Fray concert tonight and the people behind me were ALL UP ON MY DICK all night. This little teenage girl kept shoving up against me and it made no sense, it was a chill concert venue and literally no one else was touching anybody. She would just get all up in my space and LEAN against my back like I was a fence. I shoved her backwards off me for like three hours (through two different band sets) and she started to flick my bra strap to try to get me to move forward, wtf. I started shoving her backwards much more aggressively then and finally before The Fray came on she switched spots with her mother... Who also proceeded to try to shove me for the beginning of the concert until I nearly knocked her over too. WTF, b*****???

I refused to move and she started yelling at me about "stepping on her bag". Look, if your bag ain't longer than two people there is NO REASON it should be under my feet. I didn't step on it. Put it next to you, since it's YOUR bag.

Also, wtf were you doing earlier when you switched spots with your daughter and then bent down and literally rubbed your head all over my legs moving your bag next to me? It's YOUR bag and I WILL stomp all over it because you're both rude inconsiderate a**holes who should feel bad about their behavior in public.

It was a great concert, but damn, f*** that lady and her ingrate child.

Should have started the first ever mosh pit at a The Fray concert

Just recieved an email from my federal loan servicer telling me that although I don't have to make payments on my undergrad loans right now, they are in fact accruing interest.

Wow, thanks for the update! I truly had no idea that my interest was accruing! Who'da thunk it!? :bang:

Just recieved an email from my federal loan servicer telling me that although I don't have to make payments on my undergrad loans right now, they are in fact accruing interest.

Wow, thanks for the update! I truly had no idea that my interest was accruing! Who'da thunk it!? :bang:
My interest in hearing about it from them, though, is not.

Reactions: 4 users

I get an email every year from my loan servicer telling me what I should try to pay the interest on my loans while in school... Yeah, let me just pay that with the other set of loans I took out.

I get an email every year from my loan servicer telling me what I should try to pay the interest on my loans while in school... Yeah, let me just pay that with the other set of loans I took out.
Pretty much. And yeah, the email had a little quip about that at the end, too. "Oh hey by the way even if you don't start making payments now, we recommend that you pay on the interest".

It's definitely not a bad idea to do that if possible, but when you're about to take out another $150k to go to vet school, it's not the most feasible option. Maybe if I get a job during school, I can put earnings towards the interest...

Last edited by a moderator:
While I ran to grab food for dinner tonight, my dog raided the trash can and ate the absorbent pad that they put on the bottom of a package of meat. He's a known trash raider so I usually lock the lid on my trash can before I leave him unattended and loose, but I forgot. I got home, realized what he did (he was in the act of shredding the styrofoam tray when I walked in the door), sat my food down and ran to Walmart to get peroxide to make him vomit. Realized when I arrived at Walmart that in my haste to leave, I had left my food on the coffee table where he could reach it. Bought peroxide, got home...yup, he ate my tacos. Great. Induce vomiting and after 20 minutes he finally vomits up some taco pieces but no absorbent pad. After a tiny bit more peroxide, he finally brings up about 1/4 to 1/2 of the pad. Luckily it looks well chewed. I will be keeping a close eye on him into tomorrow to make sure we don't need to go to the school for further care. I felt like an idiot that I left my dinner out, but I think it helped that he had some food in his stomach to bring up with the pad. Downside to it is he has IBD so I know he's going to vomit later tonight or tomorrow morning from the people food, so I have that mess to look forward to cleaning as well. It's a good thing he's cute and I love him...

Ugh, I've had that happen too...both the meat pad and the stolen dinner.

Honestly the lead singer kinda started his own when he jumped into the crowd, it was pretty cool.

But yes, I almost knocked out some teeth. I refrained because there were children around lol.
Isaac Slade jumping into the crowd omg dream come true

Pretty much. And yeah, the email had a little quip about that at the end, too. "Oh hey by the way even if you don't start making payments now, we recommend that you pay on the interest".

It's definitely not a bad idea to do that if possible, but when you're about to take out another $150k to go to vet school, it's not the most feasible option. Maybe if I get a job during school, I can put earnings towards the interest...
There was some discussion about this before, it ends up being more effective to use whatever money you have for expenses you would otherwise use loans for, and therefore take out less in loans (or give back what you don't use if you can), rather than making interest payments.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...................

The lesion on my dog was beginning to heal nicely but the vet wrap was causing flare ups in her right inguinal area since it's not exactly soft. I switched to a stretch gauze bandage, which apparently she cab get off, and didn't have her donut on her because I'm a ****ing idiot. She chewed a gaping hole in her side.

I can't have it sutured really because I'm worried it'll cause focal necrosis spots not to mention that her skin is pretty friable. Also, I'm terrified to anesthetize her.

So now I have a stretch gauze bandage, with tape around, bought some onesies to cover it and have her donut on. It happened yesterday afternoon and looks like it's healing ok but it's really nasty looking (already on simplicef so at least there's that).

I war with myself a lot over whether it's time for her. But she feels fine otherwise. She eats, is happy, playful, snuggly etc. Sigh.

Also, I'm warring with meds. She didn't tolerate cyclosporine. She was so ****ing sick on it. Mycophenylate was brought up as an option but causes hemorrhagic diarrhea in like a third of dogs and she's so little it'd have to be compounded into a suspension which increases the risks. Personally I want to try apoquel. I know it's not marketed for vasculitis but is an immune suppressant and has had some success with pemphigus etc. I just don't know what to do. Ugh.

The lesion on my dog was beginning to heal nicely but the vet wrap was causing flare ups in her right inguinal area since it's not exactly soft. I switched to a stretch gauze bandage, which apparently she cab get off, and didn't have her donut on her because I'm a ****ing idiot. She chewed a gaping hole in her side.

I can't have it sutured really because I'm worried it'll cause focal necrosis spots not to mention that her skin is pretty friable. Also, I'm terrified to anesthetize her.

So now I have a stretch gauze bandage, with tape around, bought some onesies to cover it and have her donut on. It happened yesterday afternoon and looks like it's healing ok but it's really nasty looking (already on simplicef so at least there's that).

I war with myself a lot over whether it's time for her. But she feels fine otherwise. She eats, is happy, playful, snuggly etc. Sigh.

Also, I'm warring with meds. She didn't tolerate cyclosporine. She was so ****ing sick on it. Mycophenylate was brought up as an option but causes hemorrhagic diarrhea in like a third of dogs and she's so little it'd have to be compounded into a suspension which increases the risks. Personally I want to try apoquel. I know it's not marketed for vasculitis but is an immune suppressant and has had some success with pemphigus etc. I just don't know what to do. Ugh.

Presumably she's chewing at herself because she's itchy...I'd try the Apoquel.

Presumably she's chewing at herself because she's itchy...I'd try the Apoquel.
She's not :( she licks and chews when she gets a necrotic lesion from the vasculitis. Which happen sporadically. And of course it's idiopathic. We never found a precipitating event. Sigh. That's why hesitation about apoquel. I just reeeaaaally don't want to go to mycophenylate. :cryi:

I'm also debating upping her medrol but she has a hole in her skin and I'm worried about decreasing her healing ability. But obviously the disease is flaring. I just don't know what to do.

She's not :( she licks and chews when she gets a necrotic lesion from the vasculitis. Which happen sporadically. And of course it's idiopathic. We never found a precipitating event. Sigh. That's why hesitation about apoquel. I just reeeaaaally don't want to go to mycophenylate. :cryi:

I'm also debating upping her medrol but she has a hole in her skin and I'm worried about decreasing her healing ability. But obviously the disease is flaring. I just don't know what to do.

Oh boo. I hope you can get her comfortable soon :luck:

When I flushed and rebandaged it's doing ok. I've been on the phone with an awesome awesome vet that knows Namie really well and we have a plan in place so I'm feeling better.

And she's just the best little doody head. I just stand her on the kitchen table (which would make germiphobes cringe I'm sure, but I wipe it down with chlorox wipes!) and she just stands there and let's me take care of it, which helps my frazzled state of mind about it. I love that little fart face.

By your powers combined we summon Captain Planet, DVM