RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still sick. Missing my first day of vet school :arghh:
Hope you feel better and get well soon!

post-2-0-87596700-1364637389.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Went to the library to study for a test. On my way home, a guy rear ended me. I literally watched him come crashing into the back of me through my rear view mirror. Needless to say my car is in pretty bad shape and a police officer had to give me a ride home. Such an awesome day.

Last edited:
Went to the library to study for my first Biochem test thats 's Friday. On my way home, a guy rear ended me. I literally watched him come crashing into the back of me through my rear view mirror. Needless to say my car is in pretty bad shape and a police officer had to give me a ride home. Such an awesome day.
Ugh, that sucks. :( I got rear-ended back in April and pushed into the car in front of me. Sounds like your car's worse off than mine was, though, mine was still drive-able! Glad you're okay!

Members don't see this ad :)
She wants to come home:
20160913_152750.jpg
But I think I have a fever and I'm too weak to get the gate open by myself. So we're just standing here in the cold, staring at each other trying to figure out what to do until my husband comes home with the kids.

Reactions: 2 users
There is a gate I could open if I could get her across the canal... but we haven't worked on crossing water for a reason (natural fence on my property is a creek) so she says she isn't about to start now.
20160913_154002.jpg

I am so very happy that the tablet PC I paid over $2000 for has bluescreened at least once a week for the past month with nothing except OneNote open. Good stuff.

I think a visit to IT is in order.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, apparently all but ONE of my federal loans for undergrad were automatically deferred. So now between vet school and studying for the three tests in the next week and a half we've got, I have to find the time during their 9-5 M-F business hours to get that one sorted out with the servicing company before I get slapped in the face with a loan payment. Urgh! :mad:

I am so very happy that the tablet PC I paid over $2000 for has bluescreened at least once a week for the past month with nothing except OneNote open. Good stuff.

I think a visit to IT is in order.

What machine is it? Tell me the error code or what is says when it BSODs next time.

I got a rental car this morning (thankfully paid for by the other guy's insurance). The guy at the rental car place was incredibly insulting and every other word out of his mouth was a an f-bomb. I seriously couldn't believe it.:eek:

I got a rental car this morning (thankfully paid for by the other guy's insurance). The guy at the rental car place was incredibly insulting and every other word out of his mouth was a an f-bomb. I seriously couldn't believe it.:eek:
Most of the big name rental places don't allow that crap and will slap places with penalties if reported. They need to keep a professional, friendly reputation.

I don't know how upset you are about it or what company it was, but something to think about.

Strongly worded letter? 1 star online? lol. sorry that happened to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Most of the big name rental places don't allow that crap and will slap places with penalties if reported. They need to keep a professional, friendly reputation.

I don't know how upset you are about it or what company it was, but something to think about.

Strongly worded letter? 1 star online? lol. sorry that happened to you!

I'm pretty easy going and let most things just roll off my back. It was just bizarre that he thought it was acceptable to talk like that and treat me like he was. It's a pretty large rental place, not some local operation. Still scratching my head...

My day got better...dropped a folder full of class notes and they scattered all over the ground. Someone stepped on my phone when I bent down to pick them up. It's completely toast. Totaled car, totaled phone. I've had better weeks...:(

Never give up, never surrender!!!
Thanks Kdubs! I'll try to keep that attitude as Therio threatens to consume me :p

Speaking of that class... I'm a little sad because one of our professors (in response to over 70% of our class getting a D or below) told us "If you didn't do well you weren't trying hard enough." I definitely spent way over 30+ hours studying for that exam and really understood the concepts so it's a little discouraging to hear that.

Oh well, just gotta hold on for another 4 weeks!

Thanks Kdubs! I'll try to keep that attitude as Therio threatens to consume me :p

Speaking of that class... I'm a little sad because one of our professors (in response to over 70% of our class getting a D or below) told us "If you didn't do well you weren't trying hard enough." I definitely spent way over 30+ hours studying for that exam and really understood the concepts so it's a little discouraging to hear that.

Essentially, Therio is the bane of every student at Mizzou's existence. It's pretty awful and I don't envision it changing despite all the fuss every year about it.

Is it required?
The class? Most definitely :cryi:.

The 2 week rotation is required too but even though it's the same professors I heard it's much better and even potentially quite fun.

The class? Most definitely :cryi:.

The 2 week rotation is required too but even though it's the same professors I heard it's much better and even potentially quite fun.
Ahh I thought you were talking about the rotation. Hated that class personally (but we had some crazy extraneous factors). Would probably have not enjoyed the rotation as a student either

Ahh I thought you were talking about the rotation. Hated that class personally (but we had some crazy extraneous factors). Would probably have not enjoyed the rotation as a student either
Therio rotation at NC was actually really fun. Don't know if you ever worked with Dr. Bailey but he's an amusing dude, and they were good about letting the SA people do SA things and vice versa. Plus palpating horses is kinda rewarding. :)

I'm quite looking forward to the Therio rotation I have next block, I hear it is a great rotation!

Therio rotation at NC was actually really fun. Don't know if you ever worked with Dr. Bailey but he's an amusing dude, and they were good about letting the SA people do SA things and vice versa. Plus palpating horses is kinda rewarding. :)
No...but no things therio interest me, so I probably would not have enjoyed it. Definitely don't enjoy Er dystocias though

I had classes with all the professors that teach therio at CSU. 2 of them are very dry, and one put me to sleep about every time he talked, but most of them are a lot of fun...
But I might be really into this stuff...

Less a rant, more a whine.... I can't seem to track down an uncensored subtitled version of Deadman Wonderland. Hell, I'd settle for a dubbed uncensored version, even though I'd miss hearing Senji's gorgeous Japanese voice and Ganta's English voice drives me nuts. I mean seriously, Funimation? This is up there with Shingeki no Kyojin for dark themes and violence, and your English dub repeatedly uses every offensive word out there (even c*nt, which even I don't like), but heaven forbid we show nipples! Somebody fetch the fainting couch!

Talked to one of your classmates about this situation last night and I guess a lot of people are sharing your sentiment. My entire large animal block last year was that way and it's so frustrating when there's such a high fail rate and the school refuses to admit there's a problem and look into it. Hope things get better for you!

Hugs, so sad to hear about another suicide. My heart hurts for her family :(

My rant, I'm sure at least one of y'all can relate. My cousin had a baby last weekend, my SIL just told the family she's pregnant, and I have seriously at least half a dozen friends having babies. It makes me feel inadequate, like I should be having a baby. But realistically my husband and I aren't kid people and when I think about the type of mother I would want my kids to have I realize I would have to sacrifice a lot and I just can't/I'm unwilling. Not to mention I really don't want to put my body through pregnancy given my health issues that are very well controlled right now. My husband's job is moving us across the country in a few months and I'm officially leaving engineering for good to get my s**t in order to apply to vet school. I'm finding biology vs. career aspirations clash quite a bit, even more-so lately now that I'm older-ish (28, husband is 32). Le sigh, feelings of inadequacy. The end. :shrug:

One of the freshman dancers in my college dance team was killed in a car crash last week...Losing her, combined with going into vet med, has really encouraged me to get my mental health in check. I'll be meeting with a therapist/psychiatrist team next week.... My heart really aches for you guys. Sending lots of love your way.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
-PAXP-deijE.gif
It doesn't have to be this way

This is Dr. Roark's response to our loss. I do hope that we all start leaning on each other and stop being stoic and withdrawn when things look their worst. This is why I ask everyone to always think about the way they interact with their fellow colleagues, be that pre-vet, vet student, or veterinarian. We have to support one another and be vigilant. We cannot keep going like this and losing people who are such amazing, talented and beautiful human beings.

Reactions: 13 users
My heart aches for the whole community.:(

I do have a rant though: co-worker accidentally sent a message bitching about me to the group text for work, shortly after ambushing me to accuse me about things she misheard and doesn't understand. I replied mostly calmly and during the course of the discussion brought up how hostile the work environment has been including the gossiping going on not so secretly and how it really needs to stop if we are to be a team.
Immediately afterwards, she sent the text.o_O

I hate this place:mad:. I've talked to the actual boss several times and he just wants me to power through while he remains completely hands off, even though his hiring me and not telling anyone what my title was is part of why everyone is mad at me...:bang:

I have an advisor who, after hearing the story and agreeing I need to GTFO of here, is supposed to be getting me in touch with a new potential employer... but it looks like my only options, unless I want to stick it out here a few more months:poke:, are in human med.

My heart aches for the whole community.:(

I do have a rant though: co-worker accidentally sent a message bitching about me to the group text for work, shortly after ambushing me to accuse me about things she misheard and doesn't understand. I replied mostly calmly and during the course of the discussion brought up how hostile the work environment has been including the gossiping going on not so secretly and how it really needs to stop if we are to be a team.
Immediately afterwards, she sent the text.o_O

I hate this place:mad:. I've talked to the actual boss several times and he just wants me to power through while he remains completely hands off, even though his hiring me and not telling anyone what my title was is part of why everyone is mad at me...:bang:

I have an advisor who, after hearing the story and agreeing I need to GTFO of here, is supposed to be getting me in touch with a new potential employer... but it looks like my only options, unless I want to stick it out here a few more months:poke:, are in human med.
Please tell me you replied to the text!

Last week was a particularly long week with everyone gone at IVECCS. I was basically lucky to get a couple of hours to come sleep at night. This week, my dog is being particularly needy in the attention department and its getting on my nerves. We already do multi-mile walks and pats and snuggles and he hangs out in the yard, sorry i cant play with ya 24/7 buddy! He probably just needs a good play date or two to mellow him out. Maybe we'll go hiking tomorrow if I find the energy and motivation, and I get more caught up on life things. Like laundry and dishes and all the things for grad school...

Please tell me you replied to the text!
No. She was sitting at the same table 3 feet to my right. She meant to send it to the girl 8 feet to my left. She did what she always does: look at me to see if I'm looking, lean back so it "looks" like she is concentrating on a email (not the same face for her), look at the other girl, look again at me to see if I know something is up (yes, I'm not that dumb), and then hits send and went to the bathroom all self satisfied.

My phone dings, I look at it. As she comes oug of the bathroom I hand her my phone and say, "This does not help your case when you say you want to work as a team."

It took her almost a minute. (I think for a second she thought I had grabbed her phone) She apologized then took it back and said "No, I don't. I'm glad you know how I feel about you. I don't like you and no matter what you or anyone say, I will think you are a liar (part of the conversation was about something she thought she heard and misunderstood) and I don't trust you and I don't want you here."

She stormed out and THEN the other girl turns and apologizes. She admits that it was a misunderstanding and says she doesn't think there is any way to change the first girls mind.

She (the second girl) was in on all the discussion about hiring me. She knows what I thought I was coming here for. I think as much fun as she has had sowing discord, I think during the conversation before the text she realized how much all this had hurt my family and how difficult it will be to crawl out of here. I don't know that any of that knowledge will stop her from gossiping with the first girl and making all of this worse... but for a moment at least, she realized what she had done.

That entire situation is dumb. Sorry, LoTF. :( Are there any human med jobs in the area that would let you keep your farm there?

That entire situation is dumb. Sorry, LoTF. :( Are there any human med jobs in the area that would let you keep your farm there?
Not that I have found yet. There are 2 big hospitals in town. The larger one has an embryologist who rotates between here and the next large town over... So they don't have enough business to keep her occupied, I doubt they have room for a second.

I still plan on making sure there isn't a stand alone clinic nearby that does have the room. Then we won't have wasted $5000 moving here.

But there are other reasons too that it might be wise to move east and be near my husband's family.

Client came in with a young dog today and didn't think to tell us he had bloody stool until after me and another tech had already touched him (checking teeth, temp, whole nine yards). Sadly the dog tested positive for parvo. :( but now both of us had to go home and shower and change cuz we don't have showers at work and we had to leave the new kid there by himself. Can today be over with already?

So last week I paid my entire credit card off. Well, for whatever stupid arse reason they decided to withdraw the payment from my account multiple times. Three times, to be exact. Which is 3x more than my credit card balance was, and higher than the limit on my credit card. My account is so far in the red my overdraft protection can't even cover it. And of course their only response is "well it will take 7-10 business days for us to be able to get the money back in your account because we have to wait for everything to finish posting and then wait while things get reversed and then wait for them to clear. Sucks to be you until then." So now I'm broke, with no money in my checking or savings account, class fees that are due to be posted any day now, a mortgage payment due, overdraft fees accumulating, and I don't get paid until the end of next week. WTF am I supposed to do now?

Minor rant, but my dog managed to get ahold of the dog skull he managed to try to chew like a month ago. Not sure how, as I moved it back out of his reach but it's in a ton of pieces and I'm super pissed about it. Going back to crating him from now on if he's going to pull this crap.

So last week I paid my entire credit card off. Well, for whatever stupid arse reason they decided to withdraw the payment from my account multiple times. Three times, to be exact. Which is 3x more than my credit card balance was, and higher than the limit on my credit card. My account is so far in the red my overdraft protection can't even cover it. And of course their only response is "well it will take 7-10 business days for us to be able to get the money back in your account because we have to wait for everything to finish posting and then wait while things get reversed and then wait for them to clear. Sucks to be you until then." So now I'm broke, with no money in my checking or savings account, class fees that are due to be posted any day now, a mortgage payment due, overdraft fees accumulating, and I don't get paid until the end of next week. WTF am I supposed to do now?
Was it American express? This happened to us a few months ago. We got a double payment submitted because of some F up in their system. I'll have to ask the wife how it got resolved (she handles all our money and other adult things).