RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My dog just ate the handles off of my scissors...
How can such a cute dog do something so bad

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How can such a cute dog do something so bad
Very easily. I love how guilty he looks after he eats my things. like he knows he wasn't supposed to, but for some reason it's just all too alluring.

Last month, he chewed up my debit card and student ID, and punched canine tooth sized holes in my drivers license. I was marked absent for a whole day of school because of it, and I still haven't replaced my DL.

Very easily. I love how guilty he looks after he eats my things. like he knows he wasn't supposed to, but for some reason it's just all too alluring.

Last month, he chewed up my debit card and student ID, and punched canine tooth sized holes in my drivers license. I was marked absent for a whole day of school because of it, and I still haven't replaced my DL.
oh my god

I never would have guessed! That face looks so innocent!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh good, now this new Macklemore song is bringing out more people on my FB feed saying doctors are monsters for prescribing meds and that doctors are killing people and forcing people to get hooked on drugs. My friend with cancer is even bitching about how many pills they make him take.

Make? I don't think they make you take anything. What happened to personal responsibility? I get addiction is a disease, but you have to start somewhere.

I literally had to roast a guy who was slamming the use of anti-depressants on one of my posts. He didn't even know how they worked, yet he was telling me that doctors only prescribe them for the kickbacks they get and that our bodies can self-heal and drugs aren't necessary. Ugh.
Saw her respond to this person. 10/10 would recommend for salty responses.

Reactions: 2 users
Saw her respond to this person. 10/10 would recommend for salty responses.
Lol, I was impressed with myself.

I just get so frustrated with the whole anti-doctor movement. I know it's not going to benefit me in any way to try to get people to understand the science behind addiction/dependency or mental health disorders, and I should probably stop wasting my time....but as a chronic pain patient myself (at this point, seeing as how no one can tell me what is wrong with my shoulder), I made a conscious decision to stop taking opiods when I started to feel uncomfortable with where I was heading with them. Yes, doctors keep offering them, and I decline. My choice. To try and tell me that you had no choice in the matter, and you are "blaming doctors for your newfound habit" is just so absurd to me, especially if you went to a doctor for treatment of your pain. Even just considering my friend with cancer....you're in a hell of a lot of pain and can barely keep food down and complain about it, but you're complaining that doctors are treating that to help give you quality of life? Just decline pain control. Why take it and talk about how you hate being given meds and tell people you agree with a song that likens doctors to murderers?

To tell someone who has literally battled clinical depression/anxiety since she was 8 that I should be self-healing is absurd. You'd think my little neurotransmitters would have figured things out by now, but alas, that's not how any of this works.

d1Z-thats-not-how-it-works-thats-not-how-any-of-this-works.jpg

Sorry, rant over. Sort of. I'm just super effin' annoying right now with all of this. Said cancer patient friend told me I deserved to get cancer since I will never understand until I do (all I said was that if he was uncomfortable with his meds that he should discuss other options with his doctor and remember that he does in fact have a choice in the matter), then preceded to tell my boyfriend he needs to have better control of me. So yeah. PP9 is probably going to start laying off the FB for her own sanity.

Lost my Chevy dog a week ago.

Since then, my pup (13 months) has gone from 100% housebroken to having 2-3 accidents a day. She'll hold it all day while I'm gone but no matter how many times I let her out in the evening she's having urine and stool accidents in the house. She'll spend an hour outside then come in and almost immediately go to the bathroom. She also looks for Chevy every time she goes outside so I'm hoping that once we figure out a new "normal" things will be better. I've even been going outside with her and still having accidents :(
blergh. I hate that for you. Hopefully Ivy will adjust. hugs.

Said cancer patient friend told me I deserved to get cancer since I will never understand until I do (all I said was that if he was uncomfortable with his meds that he should discuss other options with his doctor and remember that he does in fact have a choice in the matter), then preceded to tell my boyfriend he needs to have better control of me. So yeah. PP9 is probably going to start laying off the FB for her own sanity.
:uhno:
All of this is the worst

Reactions: 1 users
:uhno:
All of this is the worst
Yeah, he was not the best person to begin with, but he was my boyfriend's friend so I tolerated him.

Just trying to forget it all happened, I don't need to deal with that kind of stuff. 2nd year has been doing me wrong without the added drama :blackeye:

Edit: "I don't see how a vet tech student who studies kitty litter could possibly understand my meds or why doctors are at fault for all of this."

Last edited:
Yeah, he was not the best person to begin with, but he was my boyfriend's friend so I tolerated him.

Just trying to forget it all happened, I don't need to deal with that kind of stuff. 2nd year has been doing me wrong without the added drama :blackeye:

Edit: "I don't see how a vet tech student who studies kitty litter could possibly understand my meds or why doctors are at fault for all of this."

Wow. What a spectacular garbage specimen of a person. That sort of crap is not worth responding to. He's just trying to make you even angrier.

Wow. What a spectacular garbage specimen of a person. That sort of crap is not worth responding to. He's just trying to make you even angrier.
Agreed. He unfriended my boyfriend and I even though my boyfriend had nothing to do with it. So I do feel bad about that, but cancer doesn't give you an excuse to treat people like crap.

Agreed. He unfriended my boyfriend and I even though my boyfriend had nothing to do with it. So I do feel bad about that, but cancer doesn't give you an excuse to treat people like crap.

Uhmmm....no you don't get to be a dick just because you have cancer. Maybe a little leeway but uh no, not that much wow. Talk about sexist too, 'control your little lady'. Pretty sure cancer didn't give him that particular though so he's probs just a horrible person in general.

Uhmmm....no you don't get to be a dick just because you have cancer. Maybe a little leeway but uh no, not that much wow. Talk about sexist too, 'control your little lady'. Pretty sure cancer didn't give him that particular though so he's probs just a horrible person in general.
Yeah, he really was not the ideal person to be around before he got sick, but of course I would lend my ear when he needed to vent about his treatment. I just don't think he has heard the word "no" ever since he got sick. I don't know why I'm letting it get to me, probably because he hit all of my trigger points in one argument. Whatever, we're both better off without that type of person as a 'friend.' Thanks for letting me rant, everyone :)

Missed the phone call from my doctor's office to go over my echo report. Now I have to wait until Monday, but of course I'm working Sun-Tuesday, so realistically, probably won't get a chance to call until Wednesday. I also have no idea if they typically would just say "all is good" on a voicemail or if they would need to actually tell me that directly, so I don't know if I should freak out or not in the meantime.

Members don't see this ad :)
What an exhausting morning.
Saturday morning. Appointments scheduled every 15 minutes for 4 hours. Most of them sick. That's not supposed to happen on a Saturday. Supposed to be mostly well visits with a few 30min urgent care slots. So that was a great start.

Then there was the walk in recheck - no biggie except see above. Then there were the drop off urine samples- yeah, that can wait. And my "rabies only" appointment turned into two dogs for wellness exams and skin issues. New patient showed up 25 minutes late, and then complained when I did a brief exam and told her to make an appointment next week for the abdominal imaging/contrast study that her dog might need. Yeah, definitely not happening on a saturday even if you had been on time. The "check anal glands" turned into check everything and aspirate all the lumps. EVERYBODY wanted a nail trim while they were there.
And then there's the client who's been coming to the clinic for 40 years who has a dog that needs to be euthanized. Okay, told him to come about a half hour before closing and I'd squeeze him in, may end up waiting a bit, but if the dog needed to be seen sooner or they wanted to pursue treatment, they should go to the emergency clinic like we had already discussed. Well, the euthanasia turned into an hour long consult first, even though the dog had been seen the day before and nothing had changed.
And then my other euthanasia appointment brought two dogs in to be euthanized instead of one.

Good news though, the "nail trim only" appointment no showed. And I still managed to get done within an hour of closing time.

Saturday morning. Appointments scheduled every 15 minutes for 4 hours. Most of them sick. That's not supposed to happen on a Saturday. Supposed to be mostly well visits with a few 30min urgent care slots. So that was a great start.

Then there was the walk in recheck - no biggie except see above. Then there were the drop off urine samples- yeah, that can wait. And my "rabies only" appointment turned into two dogs for wellness exams and skin issues. New patient showed up 25 minutes late, and then complained when I did a brief exam and told her to make an appointment next week for the abdominal imaging/contrast study that her dog might need. Yeah, definitely not happening on a saturday even if you had been on time. The "check anal glands" turned into check everything and aspirate all the lumps. EVERYBODY wanted a nail trim while they were there.
And then there's the client who's been coming to the clinic for 40 years who has a dog that needs to be euthanized. Okay, told him to come about a half hour before closing and I'd squeeze him in, may end up waiting a bit, but if the dog needed to be seen sooner or they wanted to pursue treatment, they should go to the emergency clinic like we had already discussed. Well, the euthanasia turned into an hour long consult first, even though the dog had been seen the day before and nothing had changed.
And then my other euthanasia appointment brought two dogs in to be euthanized instead of one.

Good news though, the "nail trim only" appointment no showed. And I still managed to get done within an hour of closing time.
Earned a bottle of wine I would say.

Missed the phone call from my doctor's office to go over my echo report. Now I have to wait until Monday, but of course I'm working Sun-Tuesday, so realistically, probably won't get a chance to call until Wednesday. I also have no idea if they typically would just say "all is good" on a voicemail or if they would need to actually tell me that directly, so I don't know if I should freak out or not in the meantime.
:(

Waiting on medical results is never fun

I am going back to bed just from reading this.

Reactions: 8 users

Rockstar status

I don't think can leave a message per privacy laws, because what if you weren't the one to get the message (even if it's you personal line blah blah blah)

I don't think can leave a message per privacy laws, because what if you weren't the one to get the message (even if it's you personal line blah blah blah)

That's what I figured but I also know a lot of places do the whole "no news is good news" thing so I'm not sure which this is. not freaking out too much but I want to know. they did post a few values to my patient portal (lv ejection fraction etc) and from my quick research those look okay.

Also, I'm really missing my friends and Philly right now cause of Halloween weekend

Ugh this sounds like my day yesterday, except instead of short appointments becoming long, throw in about 6 add ons, a bunny dumped at the clinic before opening with a broken hindlimb (covered in mats and urine and feces), our suspect lepto dog becoming cofirmed lepto, all after dealing with a Friday that was exactly the same kind of day.

There's something to be said for still having partial functionality after days like these!

Got cited last night for flashing my headlights to warn other drivers of a speed trap. Definitely going to court to fight it, as it was ruled in a federal court decision in 2014 that it is a violation of the first amendment to prohibit someone from flashing their lights to warn others of police presence. It just sucks that I have to waste a day in court and screw up the work schedule. :rage:

Oh good I'm glad other people had **** days too yesterday. 11PM Friday night - 16 year old cat with dyspnea and abdominal distension, no money for emergency fee, owner says she'll bring cat in the morning if it's still alive. Fifteen minutes before opening, very sweet old client calls cause his 18 year old cat has gone rigix and can't walk. Admit cat for observation during the day, unfortunately no money for diagnostics. Every appointment was sick and needed a work up except for a pair of newly adopted kittens and a Pittie puppy vaccine ( and the puppy appointment was squished in between some seriously sick stuff so I didn't even have time to enjoy it). And of course, most of the **** happened after 4PM. Dog that came in for suspected allergic reaction on Friday now comes in a half hour before closing completely non responsive, covered in crusting oozing skin, laterally recumbent and dyspneic. Get bloodwork started, discuss prognosis, referral (owners want to refer but unable to transport the dog). Extremely difficult adolscent chronic puker Great Dane needed recheck rads (takes three of us to hold him on the table). Owner of rigid cat comes back, no improvement, so opted to euthanise. Owners of recumbent dog want us to do what we can to treat in house while they try to find transportation. Get her on fluids, meds. Send Dane home, rads are normal. 4:45 - emergency euthanasia on the way. It arrives 5:30, has no money, have to call manager for authorization of payment plan. By the time everything's taken care of, my tech and I get to leave at 6:45. Unfortunately didn't get to tbe cosplay Halloween event until almost 8 by the time hair and make up were done, and only got to stay until 10:30 so I had time to change before being back on call at 11PM.

And at some point, I have to write up all those damn records....

Hate this. Usually the only time I can call doctors is during my lunch hour, which is usually also when they've gone to lunch. Plus, no matter how many times I tell (and sign appropriate paperwork) all of these doctor's offices they absolutely can tell my mom any test results etc., they almost never call her. When they do call, they say, "Sorry, we can't leave the message with you, have her call us." :bang:

My day began with 4 DOAs (one of which was a corgi :(), a chinchilla euthanasia and continued with another euthanasia and then a bunch of outpatient as my first time as a daytime receiving doctor. And I think I'm receiving again tomorrow instead of doing in patients.

And I some how always manage to overcook my chicken.

My day began with 4 DOAs (one of which was a corgi :(), a chinchilla euthanasia and continued with another euthanasia and then a bunch of outpatient as my first time as a daytime receiving doctor. And I think I'm receiving again tomorrow instead of doing in patients.

And I some how always manage to overcook my chicken.

On the positive side, pretty tough to screw up a DOA. :)

Welp, apparently the new house may need an entirely new chimney to the tune of $10,000.

Which also means that we have to wait even longer to replace the blue, fire engine red, and diarrhea-green carpet (all original from the 80's). Also probably have to rule out the chance to squeeze in an Orlando trip before I start my externship next August.

In the past week:
Trying to find someone to take over my lease, b/c i got an awesome job offer that includes housing
Military bureaucracy of doom(hpsp applicant, apparently ovarian cyst from 7 years ago that resolved nonsurgically and no reoccurrence is a problem?)
getting called an incompetent lemming and other wonderful descriptors on fb for following directions
dad dx with melanoma
grandmothers dementia getting significantly worse
working way too much (6-10hrs a day+ school)

and of course, im in the middle of immunology

Oh good I'm glad other people had **** days too yesterday. 11PM Friday night - 16 year old cat with dyspnea and abdominal distension, no money for emergency fee, owner says she'll bring cat in the morning if it's still alive. Fifteen minutes before opening, very sweet old client calls cause his 18 year old cat has gone rigix and can't walk. Admit cat for observation during the day, unfortunately no money for diagnostics. Every appointment was sick and needed a work up except for a pair of newly adopted kittens and a Pittie puppy vaccine ( and the puppy appointment was squished in between some seriously sick stuff so I didn't even have time to enjoy it). And of course, most of the **** happened after 4PM. Dog that came in for suspected allergic reaction on Friday now comes in a half hour before closing completely non responsive, covered in crusting oozing skin, laterally recumbent and dyspneic. Get bloodwork started, discuss prognosis, referral (owners want to refer but unable to transport the dog). Extremely difficult adolscent chronic puker Great Dane needed recheck rads (takes three of us to hold him on the table). Owner of rigid cat comes back, no improvement, so opted to euthanise. Owners of recumbent dog want us to do what we can to treat in house while they try to find transportation. Get her on fluids, meds. Send Dane home, rads are normal. 4:45 - emergency euthanasia on the way. It arrives 5:30, has no money, have to call manager for authorization of payment plan. By the time everything's taken care of, my tech and I get to leave at 6:45. Unfortunately didn't get to tbe cosplay Halloween event until almost 8 by the time hair and make up were done, and only got to stay until 10:30 so I had time to change before being back on call at 11PM.

And at some point, I have to write up all those damn records....
I don't know what happened this weekend but it's been crazy. we had days with only 2 appointments all day before this weekend.

I didn't stop Fri-today. I mean, it's good for business, but...

My mancat never used to meow, but I guess after I brought Loud Annoying Texas Cat home, she taught him to speak up. Now Mancat, who is perpetually hungry, will meow his big fat head off for food until I finally feed him. I stick to my normal feeding schedule so as not to reward him, but he keeps going. I once ignored him for over 30 minutes, and he would. not. stop. It's getting to be pretty freaking annoying.

My mancat never used to meow, but I guess after I brought Loud Annoying Texas Cat home, she taught him to speak up. Now Mancat, who is perpetually hungry, will meow his big fat head off for food until I finally feed him. I stick to my normal feeding schedule so as not to reward him, but he keeps going. I once ignored him for over 30 minutes, and he would. not. stop. It's getting to be pretty freaking annoying.
automatic feeders are awesome for this reason

automatic feeders are awesome for this reason

Do they make any that are indestructible? :p He has chewed up all sorts of containers, tearing big holes in things. Last victim was a little Tupperware container that I had washed but which apparently still had a dozen molecules of bacon on it, so of course it had to be destroyed because OMGFOOD. He's clever and determined about it all, too. Last week, I threw a new bag of dog food into the closet, which has a door that doesn't stay shut all the way. We throw the living room garbage bin in front of it to keep it closed, so I did that to keep it shut until I was ready to transfer the food to the big, thick plastic bin I have. This little monster shoved the garbage bin out of the way, pried the door open, and chewed a giant hole in the bag all in the time it took me to go into the bathroom to pee and wash my hands.

He's lucky I love him.

And I apparently have mild mitral valve prolapse with regurg. I'm likely fine but just something to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
I think you should look into being hired as a representative for one of the companies, you do a heck of a good job promoting them :laugh::p
I actually just got the new fancy RFID ones. Expensive but worth it to keep the monsters from eating each other's food :D

Do they make any that are indestructible? :p He has chewed up all sorts of containers, tearing big holes in things. Last victim was a little Tupperware container that I had washed but which apparently still had a dozen molecules of bacon on it, so of course it had to be destroyed because OMGFOOD. He's clever and determined about it all, too. Last week, I threw a new bag of dog food into the closet, which has a door that doesn't stay shut all the way. We throw the living room garbage bin in front of it to keep it closed, so I did that to keep it shut until I was ready to transfer the food to the big, thick plastic bin I have. This little monster shoved the garbage bin out of the way, pried the door open, and chewed a giant hole in the bag all in the time it took me to go into the bathroom to pee and wash my hands.

He's lucky I love him.
Ha, I really don't know. I haven't had a problem, but my kitties are not destructive (unless I leave a piece of paper out somewhere). I suppose you could look for reviews to see if they make ones that are particularly hard to break into?

My roommate had an automatic feeder for her cat and my greedy kitty broke the darn thing. :eek:
Thankful every day that my kitties are generally well behaved :laugh:

And I apparently have mild mitral valve prolapse with regurg. I'm likely fine but just something to keep an eye on.
From my understanding, that isn't too uncommon and mostly just means you check on it every now and again, unless you get something else, like blood pressure changes or a clotting problem, to make it a little more of a problem.

That's on the nice side of the spectrum of what you were worried about. :)

From my understanding, that isn't too uncommon and mostly just means you check on it every now and again, unless you get something else, like blood pressure changes or a clotting problem, to make it a little more of a problem.

That's on the nice side of the spectrum of what you were worried about. :)

That's what I've gathered so far as well, so I'm not really too worried. I do basically feel like a small dog right now.

I have been told I have this as well. From my understanding, it's relatively common in women actually. Feels kind of like a butterfly is fluttering in your chest, right? I tend to feel it after several flights of stairs. I don't think any of my doctors have ever said I need to be careful with certain activities or anything, for what it's worth.

I was diagnosed with that when I was young, but my last echo didn't show it. I've also read intermittent MVP is sometimes seen with ehlers danlos syndrome, so that could be my issue. I really should get a full cardiac work up again.

I have been told I have this as well. From my understanding, it's relatively common in women actually. Feels kind of like a butterfly is fluttering in your chest, right? I tend to feel it after several flights of stairs. I don't think any of my doctors have ever said I need to be careful with certain activities or anything, for what it's worth.

I never really noticed it before. Maybe occasionally felt like I felt a weird sensation every now and then when I'm either super over caffeinated or something, but only recently have I noticed it more frequently (like past two months since I went to the ER for left chest pain which prompted all of this). But now that I'm thinking about it, it's probably genetic. My mom has always mentioned how she feels like she has occasional palpitations, so she likely has it as well. My main worry was that I didn't want to be told that I couldn't lift/CrossFit/exercise the way I like to anymore.

I was diagnosed with that when I was young, but my last echo didn't show it. I've also read intermittent MVP is sometimes seen with ehlers danlos syndrome, so that could be my issue. I really should get a full cardiac work up again.

That would make sense based on my understanding of the disease. Probably along the same lines of why we feel like we see a lot of MVD in dogs with luxating patellas, etc. At least it's been a proposed link.

I never really noticed it before. Maybe occasionally felt like I felt a weird sensation every now and then when I'm either super over caffeinated or something, but only recently have I noticed it more frequently (like past two months since I went to the ER for left chest pain which prompted all of this). But now that I'm thinking about it, it's probably genetic. My mom has always mentioned how she feels like she has occasional palpitations, so she likely has it as well. My main worry was that I didn't want to be told that I couldn't lift/CrossFit/exercise the way I like to anymore.
My younger sister has it as well, much more severe than I do. She was given the thumbs up for competitive swimming, at least.

My main worry was that I didn't want to be told that I couldn't lift/CrossFit/exercise the way I like to anymore.
I think it is high pressure stuff like deep diving, deep spelunking, astronauts, and competitive weight/strong man stuff you have to watch out for. Regular cardio is all good.

My younger sister has it as well, much more severe than I do. She was given the thumbs up for competitive swimming, at least.

Swimming can definitely be tough on you from a cardio standpoint. I used to swim competitively and some of those events would leave me winded for quite a while.

But this whole ordeal has made me wish human med was more like vet med. I still have never seen a cardiologist and that's the next step. A radiology tech/nurse did my echo, which is totally fine but I wish we had a discussion about results the same day. I just think it's dumb. Goodness knows when I'm actually going to get a chance to see a cardiologist with my schedule.