MD & DO Rate my study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ThatNerdyKid

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently, I work a full time job training to be an IONM Tech (which also helps me review some of the information needed for the MCAT). I'm scheduled to take my first MCAT October 25th which gives me a total of 65 days to study. I'm registered for the Princeton Review self-paced course to help me prepare. To spend my time wisely, I've taken the AAMC diagnostic exams in order to rank the topics that need the most work. I've also mapped the topics on the diagnostic exam to topics in the books I received with the class. I plan to study for the exam as follows:

-Take an AAMC practice exam to judge how well I am doing now.
-Work through the book chapters for each topic, one per day for the subjects that I've done the worst, multiple per day for the subjects that I performed much better. (This will take up a total of 23 days to review the 34 chapters).
-GO back through the worst topics a second time or third time to help solidify that knowledge (A total of 18 days).
-(Verbal Reasoning passages will also be completed daily, no matter the topic)
-Complete a second set of diagnostic tests, this time the Princeton review set (4 days)
-Re-rank topics and use online and book help for clarification/practice for remaining 20 days, leaving 3 days out for practice exams, 1 day out for recovery before the test, and also leaving 3 days to fit into the schedule in case there is an emergency.

Currently, I'm putting in roughly 2.5-3.5 hours a night studying the topics. As I get into the middle of September, I anticipate spending 4-6 hours a night studying.

Is this a solid study plan? What should be changed? The diagnostic exams told me I'm sitting at an average of 6% below the average MCAT score for those who have taken the exam. I would really like a 30-32.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: