RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I JUST GOT THE VET HOSPITAL INTERNSHIP AT DISNEY WORLD!!! ecstatic!
AHHHHH! THAT'S AMAZING AND EXCITING AND CONGRATULATIONS!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Played with an endoscope tonight to remove "foreign bodies" from dogs! And placed an esophagostomy tube and sutured it in place :) Feeling like a doctor!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the support, everyone! After an unsuccessful cycle, this is exactly what I needed to know that I truly am meant to be a vet!

Last Thursday @Rainheart introduced me to Game of Thrones... Tonight I watched the newest episode. 31 episodes in 6 days... Probably the best decision ever. Thank goodness for no exams until next Wednesday!

Reactions: 3 users
Last Thursday @Rainheart introduced me to Game of Thrones... Tonight I watched the newest episode. 31 episodes in 6 days... Probably the best decision ever. Thank goodness for no exams until next Wednesday!

No shame in marathoning an entire show in less than a week ;) One of the best shows ever and now we can finally share a fandom (and you can fangirl out with me every sunday night!!)

How are you feeling?

Regarding the show?

The show was absolutely amazing. Im totally sad I watched them so fast because now I have to wait till sunday night to watch another one lol Also the Rains of Castamere episode ripped my heart out because my handsome Crush was killed :( Man that was rough!

Regarding the show?

The show was absolutely amazing. Im totally sad I watched them so fast because now I have to wait till sunday night to watch another one lol Also the Rains of Castamere episode ripped my heart out because my handsome Crush was killed :( Man that was rough!
Haha, yeah, it's a rough show. I also meant in real life though.

Haha, yeah, it's a rough show. I also meant in real life though.

Oh hahaha. My real life is Meh at the moment. Im working on gaining some mobility back in my knee, but Ive kinda hit a wall... I can bend it to about a 90 degree angle, but any more than that and I have a lot of pain in the region of my medial collateral Lig (which is also torn). Ive probably been walking on it too much, but im so ready to be off these crutches that Im pushing my limits a little bit. I have a follow up on friday with my surgeon so we shall see what he says. I think Im gonna shoot you a message though, about something else that is on my mind lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh hahaha. My real life is Meh at the moment. Im working on gaining some mobility back in my knee, but Ive kinda hit a wall... I can bend it to about a 90 degree angle, but any more than that and I have a lot of pain in the region of my medial collateral Lig (which is also torn). Ive probably been walking on it too much, but im so ready to be off these crutches that Im pushing my limits a little bit. I have a follow up on friday with my surgeon so we shall see what he says. I think Im gonna shoot you a message though, about something else that is on my mind lol
Go for it. Always here to listen

I got elected class president today! I do feel bad that I beat our current president. I feel worse that he's going to think I was doing it to be vindictive and probably won't want to be friends after this. But still excited I got it!

Reactions: 4 users
The hotel lottery for San Diego Comic Con was Tuesday (called a lottery because it is a form you fill out and submit as fast as you can...) Got results today and found out I typed really fast because we got a hotel RIGHT next to the convention center (one of the best hotels to be in and the same one we were in last year!) I am SO excited since this was the last piece of the puzzle we needed and a hotel is never guarenteed a hotel through the system. Staying with 4 other people I stayed with last year and should be a blast!!

Reactions: 2 users
Pretty sure I'm the only person on the face of the planet that hates the GoT show...whoops.

My rave is that I put down a deposit on a place for my last six months on the island! I had to move because my current landlord rents to tourists over the summer so I couldn't stay but I really love living here. I had looked at two others before the one today and was feeling nervous that I was going to have to settle for something I wasn't very excited about. But this place is super cute with lots of light (like my place now) and I think I'll be quite happy :) Feeling a lot less stressed!

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty sure I'm the only person on the face of the planet that hates the GoT show...whoops.

My rave is that I put down a deposit on a place for my last six months on the island! I had to move because my current landlord rents to tourists over the summer so I couldn't stay but I really love living here. I had looked at two others before the one today and was feeling nervous that I was going to have to settle for something I wasn't very excited about. But this place is super cute with lots of light (like my place now) and I think I'll be quite happy :) Feeling a lot less stressed!
Just out of curiosity (I haven't watched the show or read the books yet) why do you hate it?

And congrats on your new place ^_^

Just out of curiosity (I haven't watched the show or read the books yet) why do you hate it?

This is going to sound awful, but I'm going to be honest :laugh:

I'm a terrible book snob, so I always read the books behind the TV shows or movies that come out and they never do justice to the books. So usually I just avoid the shows or movies. (I watched one episode of GoT and found it slow and boring.) But you get a lot of people swarming around a series (like GoT) and it gets talked to death and it's all over social media and it makes me mad that everyone is so absorbed by this ONE series when there are literally the same style writing (following multiple characters) and story lines in other books (Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth series, for example) that are much better done but many people are too lazy to read books and just want the media to feed them what they want. And then people go on about a particular event (example - Red Wedding) that those who read the book knew about SO LONG ago but heaven forbid you discuss anything before that person has seen that episode.

And then the author tells the TV people how the series is supposed to end because he might like, die, before he finishes the books which peeves me to no end. Just write the g-d books and the TV people can wait just like the people who read the books and made GoT a big deal in the first place.

I really, really don't mean to offend anyone - I know not everyone is the same and many people have already read the books and still enjoy the series - and I hope I don't come across as the world's biggest witch. It's just a very contentious subject with me :oops:

and that is why I never read the books first. ever. :)

(except Harry Potter since there wasn't much choice)

This is going to sound awful, but I'm going to be honest :laugh:

I'm a terrible book snob, so I always read the books behind the TV shows or movies that come out and they never do justice to the books. So usually I just avoid the shows or movies. (I watched one episode of GoT and found it slow and boring.) But you get a lot of people swarming around a series (like GoT) and it gets talked to death and it's all over social media and it makes me mad that everyone is so absorbed by this ONE series when there are literally the same style writing (following multiple characters) and story lines in other books (Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth series, for example) that are much better done but many people are too lazy to read books and just want the media to feed them what they want. And then people go on about a particular event (example - Red Wedding) that those who read the book knew about SO LONG ago but heaven forbid you discuss anything before that person has seen that episode.

And then the author tells the TV people how the series is supposed to end because he might like, die, before he finishes the books which peeves me to no end. Just write the g-d books and the TV people can wait just like the people who read the books and made GoT a big deal in the first place.

I really, really don't mean to offend anyone - I know not everyone is the same and many people have already read the books and still enjoy the series - and I hope I don't come across as the world's biggest witch. It's just a very contentious subject with me :oops:
That all sounds perfectly reasonable to me! I tend to read the books first too, so I understand. That's why I haven't watched the show yet - I want to read the books first. It does suck that there are other books out there that are done better but don't get as much attention. Of course that bugs me when it comes to the random ways books get popular anyway... Somehow a lot of poorly written stuff (not talking about GoT here haha) gets to be really popular while there are a ton of great books that nobody ever talks about.

If its any consolation, I didn't like the books or the show. I never could get past the first book. Once I found out that he had stalled writting because he killed too many major characters to keep the story going, it began to feel like a total waste of time to read.

and that is why I never read the books first. ever. :)

(except Harry Potter since there wasn't much choice)

I fully admit to also being a book snob, but I thought the books (well, at least the first three) were fantastic. (And yes, I read them before I even knew there was a show.)

I fully admit to also being a book snob, but I thought the books (well, at least the first three) were fantastic. (And yes, I read them before I even knew there was a show.)

I could be misreading, but what I meant was usually if you read the books first, you're disappointed by the show because books are almost always better.

I always enjoyed the books because of the many interesting and strong female characters. It's been fun watching Brienne of Tarth kick butt.

I always enjoyed the books because of the many interesting and strong female characters. It's been fun watching Brienne of Tarth kick butt.
Brienne is literally one if my favorite characters (can you say one of my wives? Love her!!) Always hoping for JamiexBrienne

I hate the show. I read the first 4 books almost 10 years ago and they are my all time favorite books ever. I watched the first season, and was so disappointed by the things they changed, some of the casting choices, the things they cut out, etc. I admit that I'm a complete purist when it comes to GoT. Everyone says to enjoy them as separate entities, but I can't.

It's also annoying that I've been in love with this series for so many years, and all of a sudden everyone wants to talk to me about it because of the show. I know that sounds terrible and snobbish, but I can't help it.

At least when I met George R.R. Martin he was super appreciative that I've been a fan for many years, before the show existed. :D

I could be misreading, but what I meant was usually if you read the books first, you're disappointed by the show because books are almost always better.

I guess I did misread, but I'd be a book snob under that definition too. :laugh: I still think this particular show is absolutely great, though.

I have not read the series, but I get annoyed to no end when my husband says, "That's not how it's supposed to happen!" like 20 times each episode of GoT. I think I'm a weirdo when it comes to reading a book and watching the movie based on it - if I enjoy one, I typically enjoy the other. I usually embrace the differences and chalk it up to creative thinking to make it work for TV or the big screen. Meh. I couldn't write a book OR a script so more power to them.

Edit: I have not read the series, as I have a list of about 25 other books to finish before I even start those. I like to read them in the order I buy them (generally).

I have not read the series, but I get annoyed to no end when my husband says, "That's not how it's supposed to happen!" like 20 times each episode of GoT. I think I'm a weirdo when it comes to reading a book and watching the movie based on it - if I enjoy one, I typically enjoy the other. I usually embrace the differences and chalk it up to creative thinking to make it work for TV or the big screen. Meh. I couldn't write a book OR a script so more power to them.

Edit: I have not read the series, as I have a list of about 25 other books to finish before I even start those. I like to read them in the order I buy them (generally).

I'm the same. I have read the books and loved them, but I also love the show. Yes it is not perfectly mirroring the books, but it doesn't bother me. It's not like they leave out major plot points and it works.

I finished a 5k fun run today and I ran for most of it!

I've been having an internal struggle with myself on if I want to run for president of a club next year. Never been president of anything before... Well, the current president comes up and says that she thinks I'll be a great fit. Makes me feel really fantastic! Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed and hope no one else wants to do it (it's a really really tiny club; I don't think any other first years are very active).

Got a position on the board of a club I love! Downside, I'll be on a little committee with someone who drives me nuts. Oh well, dealing with annoying people in a polite and respectful manner (and perhaps learning how to not be so annoyed by them in the first place) is a skill I desperately need to work on, so I guess it'll be good for me...

Got a position on the board of a club I love! Downside, I'll be on a little committee with someone who drives me nuts. Oh well, dealing with annoying people in a polite and respectful manner (and perhaps learning how to not be so annoyed by them in the first place) is a skill I desperately need to work on, so I guess it'll be good for me...
o_O

With this GoT episode... my ship is now officially cannon. GRRM wrote this episode. Ahh!! So happy tonight (mostly).

With this GoT episode... my ship is now officially cannon. GRRM wrote this episode. Ahh!! So happy tonight (mostly).

This was by far one of the best yet! They did such a great job bringing the book to life!

Uggghhh I wish I could just subscribe to HBO without having to pay for the rest of cable!!! At least it's looking like I'll have enough time on my hands this summer to read the books...

I am seriously lucky enough to have a great friend who just got 3 free months of HBO... so GoT party at her house every Sunday night. Everyone can see me fangirl out about JamiexBrienne... true story.

Two years ago a friend of a friend called someone she used to babysit for begging for their HBOgo login when we couldn't find anyone with HBO. We were using my computer to play it on the regular TV, so thanks to my computer automatically saving passwords, I've been able to use a stranger's account for two years now. I mean, he said we could use it...

Last edited:
I have a great website I watch all my shows on (since we don't have cable) the next day usually... if anyone would like it feel free to shoot me a PM. Pretty much why we don't waste money on cable.