RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Everything is free on the internet if you know where to look ;)
Yeah, I used to do that... makes me nervous though. Plus when I tried doing that for GoT last year, the episodes always disappeared within a day or two, so if I was busy I missed out...

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished watching How to Train Your Dragon. It was such a cute story of friendship and loyalty. It made me feel happy!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm absolutely in love with my summer mentorship schedule! Can I just fast-foward three weeks?

Reactions: 2 users
Had my camera out for the first time in months last night and it was great! Yay lunar eclipse!
IMG_4606 copy.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
I spend a lot of time complaining about the fact that Charlottetown isn't Halifax. But the little red island is redeeming itself. They are going all out this Canada Day with free concerts. Some of my favourite artists: Barenaked Ladies, Classified, David Myles! Ooh, I can't wait! Just hope it doesn't rain! :soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
I spend a lot of time complaining about the fact that Charlottetown isn't Halifax. But the little red island is redeeming itself. They are going all out this Canada Day with free concerts. Some of my favourite artists: Barenaked Ladies, Classified, David Myles! Ooh, I can't wait! Just hope it doesn't rain! :soexcited:
we would get along

Reactions: 1 users

Aw man, I love BNL! All the best stuff happens after I leave. :(

Spent the evening exchanging e-mails with our class's TVMA Recent Grad Mentor. She has been amazingly helpful and friendly! I was having some reservations about the debt I'm about to take on and I just wanted to hear about life from someone who has recently graduated with similar debt. She has helped reassure me that a fairly comfortable life is possible after all is said and done. I might be able to sleep a little easier at night now. :shy: She also did the alternative track, so I know she'll be a huge asset when the time comes for me to declare my track!

They're kind of perfect for each other. But Book 5 left off with them in a really disturbing spot.
Man, I wish I had time to read the books- I got about 1/3 of the way through book two before I called it quits the first time. Just didn't have the motivation... and now I'm in vet school and probably can't for the next 3ish years!

Reactions: 1 user
Man, I wish I had time to read the books- I got about 1/3 of the way through book two before I called it quits the first time. Just didn't have the motivation... and now I'm in vet school and probably can't for the next 3ish years!

Yeah, luckily I got through the available books a couple years ago, before my coursework got too difficult! But I also will probably have to wait a really long time to read the 6th and 7th books, whenever they finally come out.

Done with finals!

DONE WITH FINALS.

Passed all my stupid classes that I was even mildly worried about.
Who's 50% DVM (pretty much)? Trilt is.

jmq5PLQ.gif

Reactions: 11 users
First externship booked!! Not the dates I initially wanted but I'm just glad I was able to get in with them because I've heard great things! Now I just need to find 3-4 places to take me for the months of January and February 2015 so I can skip large animal block.

Orphan Black is back. :happy:
I'm so excited! I don't have cable though so I'll have to watch online. I think I might finish rewatching the first season though before I start the second. It competes with Doctor Who for being the most awesome, I will not lie.

Amazingly beautiful day today! :D All my windows are open, just spent an hour walking around the park across the street for the first time in 8 months I've lived here, and saw lots of cute birds and turtles. Right now I kinda want to blow up my air mattress on my balcony and take a nap in the sun. But I think that might be a bit weird, since I live less than a floor off the ground in plain view of everyone who walks by. And not very conducive to studying pathology...

it does this to my husband, too. He has to stop :(

That's too bad... Bleeding I can deal with. So Pineapples are still ok for me. Pears I can still do okay with depending on time of year. Apples, almonds, peaches, nectarines, cherries, plums, apricots, and jackfruits make things a bit too swollen in my mouth for me to be comfortable eating (especially when I have no idea where my expired epi-pens are). So dammit, i'ma eat my pineapples even if it means I become anemic!

Got an A on an important science exam! Only A I'll be getting on an exam for a while, I'm sure, but I'll take it.

That's too bad... Bleeding I can deal with. So Pineapples are still ok for me. Pears I can still do okay with depending on time of year. Apples, almonds, peaches, nectarines, cherries, plums, apricots, and jackfruits make things a bit too swollen in my mouth for me to be comfortable eating (especially when I have no idea where my expired epi-pens are). So dammit, i'ma eat my pineapples even if it means I become anemic!
his bleeding becomes pronounced quickly. he loves it, too.

his bleeding becomes pronounced quickly. he loves it, too.

Just curious about the both of you but does dried pineapple cause it too? Naturebox has some delicious dried pineapple that is as enjoyable as fresh and maybe it would help the bleeding.

Wow that would be tough. I was just curious if maybe it was just the juice or everything about the fruit.

Ten years ago, I fell in love with Chevy Silverados and swore that someday, I'd own a truck.

This week, I became the proud new owner of my dream truck. I'm a happy girl. Love love love driving a truck, although I'm sure it's going to be painful the first time I have to stop at a gas station :) I've had it for two days and already tested the 4WD out going down some OK dirt roads!

Reactions: 4 users
Y'all must be really sensitive to Bromelain. I get the "cut up" feeling, but I've never bled. And I eat fresh pineapple like it's going out of style.

Fully expected to be spending Easter alone in my apartment studying for finals, but instead got to spend the day having a fabulous home cooked Easter dinner with friends.

And to think that at this time last year I was 100% convinced that I wouldn't make any friends in vet school. :)

Just curious about the both of you but does dried pineapple cause it too? Naturebox has some delicious dried pineapple that is as enjoyable as fresh and maybe it would help the bleeding.

haha... that's exactly what I was eating today. Big Island Pineapple right???? That is like the only product for which I haven't been able to cancel my Naturebox subscription. But then I just realized this morning that Trader Joes has the saaaame exact thing, just as yummy for a little cheaper with more than double the amount. Guess who's calling Naturebox tomorrow to cancel? This girl

When it comes to pineapples, I think the dry actually is worse for me than than fresh. Cooked/pasteurized is fine for all the food items I'm allergic to, but dry is bad.

haha... that's exactly what I was eating today. Big Island Pineapple right???? That is like the only product for which I haven't been able to cancel my Naturebox subscription. But then I just realized this morning that Trader Joes has the saaaame exact thing, just as yummy for a little cheaper with more than double the amount. Guess who's calling Naturebox tomorrow to cancel? This girl

When it comes to pineapples, I think the dry actually is worse for me than than fresh. Cooked/pasteurized is fine for all the food items I'm allergic to, but dry is bad.

Yes! I just got it in my box last month and love it! I'll have to check out trader joes though! I think if I was allergic to it I couldn't stop either. I love pineapple!

Yes! I just got it in my box last month and love it! I'll have to check out trader joes though! I think if I was allergic to it I couldn't stop either. I love pineapple!

Yeah, $4 a bag certainly wasn't the most cost effective, but I was so addicted to Big Island Pineapple and it was so different from all the other nasty sugary dried pineapples out there, I just didn't know what to do! With only like 8 in a bag, it was like 50 cents per slice, so I was really really struggling with it. I thought about canceling so many times, but then I didn't know how I would live without my Big Island Pineapple. <3 <3 <3 Trader Joes.

With the Inner Peas snacks for $1.50 per bag, 1 lb of thick chewy bacon ends and pieces for $2.99, and Double the pineapple slices (literally identical to Big Island Pineapple) for $3.99, TJ just made my life today.

Yeah, $4 a bag certainly wasn't the most cost effective, but I was so addicted to Big Island Pineapple and it was so different from all the other nasty sugary dried pineapples out there, I just didn't know what to do! With only like 8 in a bag, it was like 50 cents per slice, so I was really really struggling with it. I thought about canceling so many times, but then I didn't know how I would live without my Big Island Pineapple. <3 <3 <3 Trader Joes.

With the Inner Peas snacks for $1.50 per bag, 1 lb of thick chewy bacon ends and pieces for $2.99, and Double the pineapple slices (literally identical to Big Island Pineapple) for $3.99, TJ just made my life today.
Wow that's amazing! I was disappointed at the portion I got but I do like some of the other snacks I get from them but I can never keep up with the shipments. I need to cancel but just haven't made the call yet.

Ten years ago, I fell in love with Chevy Silverados and swore that someday, I'd own a truck.

This week, I became the proud new owner of my dream truck. I'm a happy girl. Love love love driving a truck, although I'm sure it's going to be painful the first time I have to stop at a gas station :) I've had it for two days and already tested the 4WD out going down some OK dirt roads!

Congrats! Reuniting with mine in a week :)

One piece of advice: become a pro backer upper. I back in literally everywhere.

Maybe it is just me, but I have yet to find a type of dried fruit that I think tastes good. I find all dried fruit to be rather dull, tasteless and it has an odd texture. It is like I am eating some type of foam or something.

Maybe it is just me, but I have yet to find a type of dried fruit that I think tastes good. I find all dried fruit to be rather dull, tasteless and it has an odd texture. It is like I am eating some type of foam or something.
You've got to try big island pineapple OMG

I was in a pet store today buying some cat food....

While waiting for the check out, an employee and a customer ahead of me were sharing in a "vets are greedy, health care costs too much" bitch session. Really riling each other up.

I found an opening and politely agreed that it could cost a lot, but is it really that unreasonable when looking at our own healthcare costs? I think we're pretty sheltered from what human procedures actually cost [in Alberta with next to free health care]....etc.

That was followed by awkward glances at the ground by the both of them.

No rebuttal? Yeah bitches, chew on that. :p

Reactions: 9 users