RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You know those Victoria's Secret secret rewards cards? Mine has $500 on it :eek:

Omg that's amazing. I think the most I've gotten is $20.

Members don't see this ad.

Good techs made my last rotation rock. Midday every day all my test results were printed out and put where I could find them with my name on them. All my lab tests were submitted for me. All my discharges were about 75% written (basically everything but the assessment) by the time I got to them. Any outside pharm calls to be made were taken care of for me. And they did a great job teaching basic clinical skills.

A rotation is so much nicer with awesome techs.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Birthday was amazing yesterday! Gf took me to DC to a jazz club and then to a hookah lounge called chi cha. It was freaking on point. 5 dollar cover charge, 25 dollar table per person for unlimited drinks, food, and hookah. The service was beyond amazing, the dj was phenomenal (lots of 90s music added in), and the mentality there was super laid back and chill. Dance if you want to, chill at your table if you want to, etc. highly highly recommend it if you are in the DC area

Reactions: 3 users
All of my letters of recommendation for the match miraculously made it into the system in the last 24 hours. Now for the waiting/interviewing game...

Reactions: 1 users
Two raves.
One, my Neuro class has a curve!
Two, the second-half professor for my Micro class (that I've been bombing left and right) is just amazing. Study guides, weekend help sessions before the final, extra credit homeworks. Could not be happier!
Still need to study my butt off to get the grade I want, but I feel a lot better going into these exams!

I've been incredibly stressed over my biometrics course. It's WAY harder than any class I've ever taken, and I'm definitely feeling the contrast between "graduate" and "undergraduate" course levels with it.

... But, I definitely have to say, the amount of work I've put in is beginning to show off! When I finished the final problem set today I realized "hey, I actually understand this now! I feel more confident about the final!".

After I'm done with the tedious part of my work week (grading) I'm finally over the hill that was this terrible semester. I'll submit my degree plan and sequence the last of my DNA for my master's thesis. I'm really excited to see what it turns up, and more excited for break.

*happy dance*

After talking to the doctor I do dog/cat spays and neuters with for a local rescue, I'm going to be doing a mass removal and partial tail amputation on my roomie's ferret soon, with her guidance. She's extremely hands-on, no-nonsense and I love working with her in surgery. :D (And she's letting me decide anesthesia/analgesia... not the hugest fan of her normal "mask down all small things" approach to exotics haha).

Also going to be spending some Fridays with her clinic this break and upcoming semester, and very excited for that.

I always surprise myself when I can be like "I know this!" on an exam. Not sure why as you obviously have to be answering more correctly than not, but it's nice. :)

Reactions: 1 user
My class exchanged secret santa gifts today and I was given a giant Grumpy cat stuffed animal. It made me so happy!

Reactions: 2 users
Rave #1: my husband has taken up cooking as a hobby and is turning out to be a much better cook than I ever was.
Rave #2: my extreme texture sensitivity seems to be wearing off and I can now stand meals that involve beans.
Rave #3: learning to cook during the holidays involves lots of dessert recipes.

Members don't see this ad :)
After a long month and a half of cold winter nights, I finally caved and got a space heater. My room now feels like Sauron's armpit in July. Sweet heavens yes!

After a long month and a half of cold winter nights, I finally caved and got a space heater. My room now feels like Sauron's armpit in July. Sweet heavens yes!
Someone has been reading the current WW game :p.

My rave was actually pretty much the exact same thing. My gf's roommates were being tyrants about the heat, and indoor temperature was being kept right around 59. They finally caved today and now her place is a warm and toasty 70 degrees :D.

Someone has been reading the current WW game :p.

My rave was actually pretty much the exact same thing. My gf's roommates were being tyrants about the heat, and indoor temperature was being kept right around 59. They finally caved today and now her place is a warm and toasty 70 degrees :D.
Another RAVE. I died early in the current WW game so I don't have to deal with the responsibilities of being alive.

Reactions: 4 users
I got to help one of these beauties today by aiding in the removal of a pellet gun bullet from its wing and watched the wing get pinned back in place! I really hope he makes it and decides to eat again, what a gorgeous bird :love:
upload_2014-12-13_1-17-53.jpeg

Got to go play laser tag today for the clinic Christmas party. :) So much fun! Also I got an awesome Sailor Moon keychain and some Harry Potter bracelets from my secret Santa, plus an unexpected Christmas bonus from my boss!

Got to go play laser tag today for the clinic Christmas party. :) So much fun! Also I got an awesome Sailor Moon keychain and some Harry Potter bracelets from my secret Santa, plus an unexpected Christmas bonus from my boss!
b2e16-laser.jpg

In all seriousness, mad jelly, there is no laser tag place remotely close to where I am :(.

4.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D

My horse went out after being on stall rest for 2 months, and all went well!!!! yay!!!

PLUS today was the last final! Vet school semester #1 accomplished!!!

Out of work at 4. I love Wednesdays.
This morning I bought a bluray player to go with my new tv. (Hello, 21st century). Now for a dinner of wine, cheese, and a movie

Out of work at 4. I love Wednesdays.
This morning I bought a bluray player to go with my new tv. (Hello, 21st century). Now for a dinner of wine, cheese, and a movie
Cheese.

I resigned from my job today and even though I gave them almost 6 months notice, it was a huge step! I will miss it so much but I feel like I have now 100% committed myself to going to vet school next year!
So thankful for my supportive company and incredibly excited for what the future holds!

I GOT AN INTERVIEW AT AUBURN!!!!!! :soexcited::D

Got caught in a chain of random acts of kindness/pay it forward this morning in the drive through line. Made my day to be touched by it and to pass it on. :)

Spent my day SLEEPING IN, clicker training with my dogs, shopping, going out for dinner, baking cookies, watching TV, reading a book....and NOT STUDYING.
Soaking up every minute of this winter break before coming back to the realities of 2nd year of vet school.

Shadowing at my old clinic this past week practicing my physical exam skills for clinics and they let me neuter a 2 year old Great Dane and laser off a skin tag all by myself! I came up with the anesthesia and pain management plan and the vet would pop his head in to check on me but it was just me and the tech for the majority of the surgery. It went great! It took about an hour, which is longer than I would have liked, but this is only my third neuter, and by far the biggest!

I'm bursting with excitement- My husband just surprised me and told me to be at the airport tomorrow to pick him up!!! Yeeeeee!!!! I didn't think I was going to see him for Christmas but somehow he managed to get 4 days to come home !!! I can't wait! We are surprising his mom, my grandparents, and his best friend! It's going to be amazing!!

Reactions: 8 users
After a grueling finals week, crap-tastic graduation day, and an ensuing crappy few days leading up to Christmas, I am finally home at my apartment with my new kitten Juniper, and starting a new job tomorrow morning.

After a grueling finals week, crap-tastic graduation day, and an ensuing crappy few days leading up to Christmas, I am finally home at my apartment with my new kitten Juniper, and starting a new job tomorrow morning.
Hey I was at Purdue's graduation! I bet I saw you walk :)

The 2:30, College of Ag. I had a blue (kingdom) heart on my cap!

Back on the freezing cold island, but I've got Nova Scotia cider, left over Christmas chocolate, two warm kitties to snuggle with and the IIHF juniours on TV. Life could be worse.

Freezing cold and snowy here in West Laf, full morning/afternoon of work, hungryyyyyy. Come home and my boyfriend already has the oven pre-heating to make pizza rolls. :love:

Got the job! It was one of my biggest stressors the last few months....not knowing if I was going to find a paycheck after my internship ended. The vet's going to have me in surgery and everything, so excited!

Unblocked a cat today!

(...by being peed on, while holding for a catheter. Tomcat pee, so I smelled HORRIFIC. But it's still a rave because he is a very sweet kitty and I'm glad he got it out. :D)

Before the spay/neuter clinic this weekend, I brought my roomie's ferret in and took off a small benign skin tumor she has and amputated part of her tail from another (chordoma). The anesthesia I picked went swimmingly, she woke up and immediately started bouncing around like an idiot, and both incisions are looking really good so far - although she looks super silly with a half shaved, short tail!

Probably shouldn't rave about it yet because I'm just asking for her to chew out all her stitches and like... implode, but those were my first non-spay/neuter "solo" (doctor was in the next room) surgeries so I'm pretty chuffed.

(Also, apparently I'm the only rave-y person on SDN...)