RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ready for SDCC round 3!!

Members don't see this ad.

Getting ready to get my ACVB presentation on in Boston! Hope to see some of you there tomorrow :) And/or at AVMA!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Toyota RAV4 LE AWD. (All dissenting opinions can be kept to yourselves. I have done my research and am very happy with my decision.:) And it always seems like no matter what you go with, someone will always tell you you're wrong and they had a horrible experience with brand x, while someone else is over the moon happy. Car shopping is a crap shoot; ask 10 people, get 11 opinions, LOL)

Reactions: 1 users
Toyota RAV4 LE AWD. (All dissenting opinions can be kept to yourselves. I have done my research and am very happy with my decision.:) And it always seems like no matter what you go with, someone will always tell you you're wrong and they had a horrible experience with brand x, while someone else is over the moon happy. Car shopping is a crap shoot; ask 10 people, get 11 opinions, LOL)
AWD is nice to have- couldn't get by without it. Treat it well, keep up the maintenance, and the toyota engine will run forever. Have fun:thumbup:

My manual shift Kia Rio with studded winter tires was surprisingly solid in snow this past Winter of Doom but I told myself if I was going to be doing on call in the winter, I wanted the AWD. :) It's highly likely I'll end up on the roads before the plows are finished, so it's a necessity.

I am pumped for the new season of BoJack Horseman coming out in a few days. Have to say I am addicted to that show.

ALSO totally forgot that Tame Impala's new album goes on sale on the same day. I have love-hate feelings for the stream I heard on NPR, but I think this one has potential to grow on me.

Last edited:
I got a free 30 lb bag of Nutro dog food because the company wants employees of the pet store chain I work at to try it and talk about how great it is with customers. My dog likes it, but it's pricey, so I'll probably be switching back to Iams when it's gone. Good thing it's a big bag! Should last us a while. 50$ worth of dog food, free!

Tomorrow morning my dryer gets delivered. I'm slightly amused that Lowe's has my number in their system under another person's name and I really hope that doesn't screw things up. I have the receipt so...

I'm really excited about the prospect of always be caught up on my laundry and having machines that aren't shared with 60-80 people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Had the first part of my oral surgery today. My dentist was a recent grad, so he could commiserate with my debt situation and knocked my bone graft (something not covered by my insurance) down from $550 to $170. I cried at the payment desk when I saw the total. There are still some good people in this world. :happy:

Reactions: 3 users
>hears visiting cat in the kitchen where he doesn't belong
>spray water over the countertop, nails him
>soaking wet cat runs out of kitchen
>job is done
>
>
>
>hears cat in the kitchen again
Gary_Blastoise_Water_Gun.png

>cat runs out
>
>
>
>
>hears cat in the kitchen

That's exactly what I got when I started vet school and I love it. It's a lot smaller than the F-150 I'm used to, but it drives great.

As an additional rave, a couple of us saw Magic Mike XXL. In addition to the obvious, it's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Only matched by my friend trying badly to sing Pony by Ginuwine, when the only word she knew was 'Pony'.

I'm frustrated and snappy about stupid things today, and my SO just dropped a pile of bubblewrap off for me to de-stress with. I live with a freaking saint.

:love:

Reactions: 4 users
I'm ordering an oil painting of my avatar. I quickly mocked up my service dog's head in Photoshop on Napoleon Bonaparte's body. That's his bunny in his mouth, but I had to make it smaller because it covered the whole jacket. I'm sure the artists can do that by hand for the actual painting.

It's going to be big enough where it's borderline ridiculous and the first thing you see coming in my apartment door.

Reactions: 2 users
Which is pretty much all I want in a movie. It's why I tend to prefer the Marvel movies over the DC. I just find the DC movies too dark. (YMMV). :D

That's fair. I'm not much for Batman these days - not much charisma, just a broody, angry ass. I guess I like my superheroes with machismo? Being RDJ also helps.

The trailer for Batman vs. superman... I just... I don't know. I don't have high hopes. It's just weird.

And the Fantastic Four changed 100% from the last one, so I'm just thinking of the cornball movie with Alba and Captain America the whole time... I don't know about that one either.

Excited because after five summers of working at my job, I'm finally gonna be "promoted." I'm going to be cross-trained as both a veterinary assistant AND a receptionist. I'm a little scared/nervous, but I'm happy though because this means I get more hours/money, but I'll also hopefully get a LOT more practice with client communication which I'll definitely need in the long run if I decide to stick this vet thing out. . . ;)

Got my account back up and running! :D I thought I was going to have to start SDN all over with batsenecal1 for a bit there. lol.

Finished my 2 week externship at the clinic I used to work at before vet school. Had a great time (better than I hoped!) I even got to do more surgeries than I expected. It was great. Now it is time for the beach

wrote an email to my car brand explaining that I thought I escaped further injury because of the car I was in a few years ago - basically a thank you note because it could have been much worse. Felt good to express the sentiment but they called me later and are sending me a "good luck" teddy bear to live in my car.

A couple months ago I emailed my old Boss to try and set up a 2 week ECC elective during clinics - specifically the week of and after Thanksgiving this year. Boss man gave me the new externship coordinators email and I emailed her but No response.... Until TODAY, a good 2 months later!!! Now I have all of my electives scheduled off campus and couldn't be happier! - Now just to find time to head down to Florida to spend time with @dyachei ;)

Just now getting around to putting this here...
I knocked another item off my "surgery bucket-list". Got to do a lateral suture ACL repair solo this week! I also noticed this week that my hands have stopped shaking towards the end of surgeries. Yay for building fine motor skills. :)

Found the Apple TV remote!! It was under my corner table... I can't believe it has been sitting there and I didn't see it for almost 2 weeks!

In the middle of an awesome long weekend. Former classmate K was up last night and today for a visit with me and flatmate B. We played games last night, then K and I went hiking on the east side of the island today (gorgeous weather and even nicer scenery). She left this afternoon. I caught up on Dark Matter and Killjoys (getting badly addicted to these two). And tomorrow I'm heading out with my two techs to see the buskers in town. And for all of this, we've had beautiful weather. :D

One of my FB friends posted about a swath of dogs marked for euthanasia today at a shelter near me and a no-kill rescue that desperately needed fosters to save them. So guess who's coming home with me tomorrow? Can't wait to foster again!
Hattie.jpg

Well little miss that I posted about got adopted (woohoo!) but no lack of puppies needing fosters. So here's the new baby!
11838765_10207104152624399_7900002492157840900_o.jpg

Overheard one of the techs at my externship bemoaning to another that I was only staying a week (instead of the normal two) because I was "actually helpful." I'm not sure if that's a slight at previous externs or a plus for me, buuuut I'm gonna go for the latter. :D

Also I've done like fifteen surgeries in the last two days, which is pretty fabuloso.

I work with the most amazing people. They threw me a party and gave me a bunch of gifts, including a stethoscope from one doctor and a highlighted and annotated dissection guide from the other. Besides I was given specific instructions to call them if I'm feeling discouraged or vet school has me down. Totally was not expecting that. :love:. Going to miss them...

I just taught a colleague a new surgical technique. When did I become not the new kid?

Had my first workout class this morning - Les Miles BodyPump. My body is sore but it feels good to be back in the gym!

Orientation is today and even though I offered to be a lunch mate as an upperclassman, I put in just enough hints that it is against my nature that everyone declared other plans. I am home alone in my backyard with my pups and kitteh as it should be. :)

I bought a super cute dress at Target last night that was on clearance for only $7.50!

I GOTS A JOOOOOOOB. I got the job I wanted today after traveling back from and interview at another place. So happy I could cry!

Reactions: 6 users
i am sunburnt from some time spent at the beach today. :) this is a rave, because it means that i actually got to spend a few hours outside the hospital walls!

Reactions: 2 users