RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
AH, My hometown!!! So Jealous!!! Did you eat at Monells or Ellendales? I cant wait to be back in Nashville for thanksgiving - first time home in over a year! Just sucks Ill be doing an ECC elective and wont get to enjoy all the fun perks of being home!
Yes! I went to Monells and it was the most AMAZING breakfast I've ever had. God, I missed southern cooking so much. I'm already planning a trip back sometime.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes! I went to Monells and it was the most AMAZING breakfast I've ever had. God, I missed southern cooking so much. I'm already planning a trip back sometime.

Thats one thing ive really missed living in the midwest is the good southern cooking!!! No one around here knows what a meat and 3 is... :eek: Its only the best meal ever!!! - pick a meat and 3 veggies... except mac and cheese is definitely a veggie lol.. Next time you fly into Nashville you should definitely go to the Swetts diner inside the airport - also another big name southern cooking place that is amazing! There is an actual restaurant that serves a larger menu, but when your just passing through the airport it can fix your southern food crave on your way out lol

Thats one thing ive really missed living in the midwest is the good southern cooking!!! No one around here knows what a meat and 3 is... :eek: Its only the best meal ever!!! - pick a meat and 3 veggies... except mac and cheese is definitely a veggie lol.. Next time you fly into Nashville you should definitely go to the Swetts diner inside the airport - also another big name southern cooking place that is amazing! There is an actual restaurant that serves a larger menu, but when your just passing through the airport it can fix your southern food crave on your way out lol
I heard about that place! I actually looked for it when I was leaving Nashville, since I got to the airport a little early, but I couldn't find it :( It's ok, no one around here even knows what sweet tea is...

Members don't see this ad :)
I just looked at a map of Tennessee to see how close Nashville is to Memphis (my sister is moving there this spring), and there's a city called Chattanooga. It's the most fun thing to say. ChattanOOOOOOga.

I just looked at a map of Tennessee to see how close Nashville is to Memphis (my sister is moving there this spring), and there's a city called Chattanooga. It's the most fun thing to say. ChattanOOOOOOga.

FL has some really fun city names too! Chattahoochee is a fun one.. ChattahOOOcheeeeeee! Native American tribe names are fun.

Edit: I like Kissimmee too!

Finished Halo 5. Need. More. Halo!!!!

I really wish it had split screen :(

I haven't had to try to do coop on the same TV ye. But good to know it doesn't do split screen. My TV is too small for coop, though.

My boyfriend and I are spending next weekend in Chicago for our anniversary! :love: So excited!

Reactions: 2 users
My SO just got his first acceptance into medical school! :soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've had a super-productive day off work! Went grocery shopping, did laundry, cleaned the bathroom, finally submitted my supplemental app to SGU, and made some yummy pumpkin spice cinnamon chip muffins. And still had tons of free time too! :D

Any chance of you two ending up in the same geographical area?

There is a small chance! He got accepted into Auburn, I applied (but no response yet). I got accepted into MWU, he interviewed there and was put on the alternate list.. And I applied to Texas A&M and he applied to some places in Texas. So, it's not looking super promising yet but we have our fingers crossed!

There is a small chance! He got accepted into Auburn, I applied (but no response yet). I got accepted into MWU, he interviewed there and was put on the alternate list.. And I applied to Texas A&M and he applied to some places in Texas. So, it's not looking super promising yet but we have our fingers crossed!

In vet med, getting on the waitlist (presumably similar concept to alternate list?) carries a pretty high chance of getting in at most schools .... is that true for the medders?

In vet med, getting on the waitlist (presumably similar concept to alternate list?) carries a pretty high chance of getting in at most schools .... is that true for the medders?

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think so. He is not super optimistic about getting in based on what people say in the human medicine part of SDN. I think that a lot more people get put on the list than in vet med. They also didn't give him a number. They said that they just put people on the list in no particular order, so he has no idea how close he is to the top or bottom of the list :(

I had a craving for some chicken strips and mashed taters and gravy, but had a three hour evening class to get out of my hair. Class finished, I got my KFC on, and it was scarfed with a beer and now I am good and settled for the night. It really is the little things. :)

Reactions: 6 users
I had a craving for some chicken strips and mashed taters and gravy, but had a three hour evening class to get out of my hair. Class finished, I got my KFC on, and it was scarfed with a beer and now I am good and settled for the night. It really is the little things. :)

So not cool, Lupes.

I'm sitting here at work, legally obliged to not leave the facility, and now you have me wanting KFC.

When can I expect you to arrive with some in hand?

So not cool, Lupes.

I'm sitting here at work, legally obliged to not leave the facility, and now you have me wanting KFC.

When can I expect you to arrive with some in hand?

This is what at least one of your techs is for... food runner. Send the tech with the worst tech skills that annoys you the most... ;)

Reactions: 5 users
This is what at least one of your techs is for... food runner. Send the tech with the worst tech skills that annoys you the most... ;)

I don't have a car, so I escape things like this. ;)

Not that our doctors have ever sent us for food. Before we got our newfangled digital X-Ray we had to run film across town to another clinic to be developed, and then go back in a few hours and pick it up. And we use the people-hospital blood lab (is this pretty common practice?) so we have to run blood over there periodically. But it's never me. They're stuck with my poor skills. :cool:

New hospital opens soon and we've been doing some training with the doctor we'll be working with. He is so freaking awesome. Just the fact that he's taking the time to teach us extra stuff so we really understand what's going on beyond just doing what we're told is really cool. Normally the doctors wouldn't have the time to do stuff like that so I'm really glad I got this job and that I'm part of the team opening this new location.

Reactions: 3 users
This is a silly rave but I'm excited.

Ordered an OSU Vet Med jacket through Equine Club (The "U" in OSU is a horse shoe :)). Got my name embroidered on it too. I had to pick a size without trying it on and based on their measurements I needed 3 sizes bigger than what I have in all of my other clothing. They came in today 2 months ahead of schedule and it fits! Cut the tag off immediately so I don't have to stare at that size. :p

Reactions: 1 users
Stillwater KFC was ewww compared to every other KFC. You aren't missing too much!
Yeah, the strips were not even close to as crispy as I like them, but I needed some. It was mostly the mashed tatos and gravy that I craved. I was going to go to McCallister's, but I haven't been able to bring myself to drive by that corner yet.

Do you like Slim Chickens? They were still new when I left and so hadn't been overcome by the 'Stillwater effect' (wherin a given chain restaurant starts good but slowly turns into a slightly more depressing and gross version of what it's usually like elsewhere)... I like their fired mushrooms and fried pickles. Mac and cheese was pretty good for a chain side too.

Do you like Slim Chickens? They were still new when I left and so hadn't been overcome by the 'Stillwater effect' (wherin a given chain restaurant starts good but slowly turns into a slightly more depressing and gross version of what it's usually like elsewhere)... I like their fired mushrooms and fried pickles. Mac and cheese was pretty good for a chain side too.
Oooo! I haven't ventured out much. I will have to give them a try.

I finally finished the music video I started three months ago:

I got all three externships that I wanted scheduled for next summer and I'm SO. EXCITED! :D:D

If I join any of you next year in vet school, prepare yourselves. I've already begun to think of my next costume.

imagejpeg_0.jpg

Reactions: 27 users
Just finished the rotation I needed to repeat. I totally kicked butt. The doctor came up to me at the end of the day, told me how much I had improved and how proud of me she was. This was a huge challenge for me, and I'm so glad that I was able to work through this.

Just finished the rotation I needed to repeat. I totally kicked butt. The doctor came up to me at the end of the day, told me how much I had improved and how proud of me she was. This was a huge challenge for me, and I'm so glad that I was able to work through this.

Good job!

Which rotation was it?

Awesome new PI brought his daughters (in costume) to lab meeting today to hand out candy to all of us. D'aww. The littlest one was Rapunzel (from "Tangled" so she had a little frying pan accessory). Fecking cute. My ovaries might have jumped a little. Just a little. Just the wee-est tiniest bit.

Awesome new PI brought his daughters (in costume) to lab meeting today to hand out candy to all of us. D'aww. The littlest one was Rapunzel (from "Tangled" so she had a little frying pan accessory). Fecking cute. My ovaries might have jumped a little. Just a little. Just the wee-est tiniest bit.

If you don't control those ovaries, you might have a little Elsa next year.

Did she have a chameleon?

@alohacat319, did you see me on campus today? I don't do social media, but everyone and their mom said I was trending on the university snapchat story thing.

SO CUTE!
Really though, all this time I thought you were a boy :( I've had the baby fever for about a year. So many coworkers and peers having babies makes me want one D: but it will be many, manyyyyy years though lol

@alohacat319, did you see me on campus today? I don't do social media, but everyone and their mom said I was trending on the university snapchat story thing.

I don't have classes on Friday! I was in the clinic all day, so I missed it unfortunately! I'm so bummed. The video was awesome! As usual, you killed it!

I don't have classes on Friday! I was in the clinic all day, so I missed it unfortunately! I'm so bummed. The video was awesome! As usual, you killed it!

Student loan dollars hard at work. Corky hated his hat and pants, but was being a very good boy and a great sport. He did get back at me though, by squatting down in the middle of the street when we were crossing and taking a massive dump. He never poops at noon. Luckily, the crap went straight through the tail hole I ripped in the pants so we were good.

Reactions: 2 users
If you go to thirstiesbaby.com, you might need to let it scroll through the banner, but the curly red head with bright blue eyes is mine!

Reactions: 1 users