RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I require baby bunny pictures.
it just so happens that there are 3 neonate cottontails eagerly awaiting their morning feed from me....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a really good streak of working out at least 5 days a week for two months... and then exams happened :( brb going to the gym.
I really don't have an excuse not to, as my current rotation is pretty laid back. I just had an absurd amount of energy at 9pm. I had to do something. And I really enjoyed it!

I really don't have an excuse not to, as my current rotation is pretty laid back. I just had an absurd amount of energy at 9pm. I had to do something. And I really enjoyed it!
That's awesome! You totally inspired me to go after reading this and I had a super great work out too. Thanks for the motivation :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy. Crap. Got an A in my equine II course. I don't even know how that happened... some of the smartest people I know failed. I'm so glad that's over.

Reactions: 4 users
Been having a rough week since my gf left to go hike the AT. But, I've been trying to keep myself busy. I'm glad I've got some great friends who are keeping my head above water. I also just went for a run this morning for the first time since clinics started in October. It was nice; I hope this will help clear my mind. I've been doing really well since last June when I started dieting/running and I've lost 40 pounds since. Feeling really great about myself.

Reactions: 7 users
I'm in a honors nutrition course with only 6 people in it, and part of this course involves actually seeing the affects of nutrient changes in piglets, and I just found out that my pigs were born today and now there are currently 7 piglets with my name (literally) on them!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My prom dresses sold!!! I never thought they would since the styles are so different now. $191 total, and decided to donate the few that didn't sell. It's a pretty small number considering how many hours I had to work to buy them, but I'm happy. I also am surprising my boyfriend with a Domino's delivery tonight with some of that money :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
That's a blast from the past. Those books always made me want to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
One of my professors had a Redwall themed feast last year... apparently there's a cookbook. I was out of town and absolutely heartbroken to miss it, pictures looked freaking delicious.

Reactions: 1 users
So I had my second exam in my biochemistry class today that I definitely did not feel very prepared for because I spent most of the weekend packing and moving. Took the test at 1 pm and by 7:30 pm the professor had it graded and posted to blackboard. And I got a B. And to add icing to the cake, my apartment is more or less all set up now. Happy lady here! :)

Picked up my check from dog sitting over spring break and hit up the scrub store that was having a sale! Now I have a dresser full of comfy scrubs ready for clinics (in 25 days :eek:).

Now to find a plethora of khaki pants with lots of pockets for equine rotations...

Application to be converted to in state tuition was successful!

Reactions: 23 users
I think I'm finally getting the haircut I want this Saturday. I haven't treated myself in forever!

So jealous.
I strategically applied to schools that have clauses in their residency rules that allow veterans to claim in state status. So once I got accepted I just needed to jump through some paperwork hoops

Reactions: 2 users
I strategically applied to schools that have clauses in their residency rules that allow veterans to claim in state status. So once I got accepted I just needed to jump through some paperwork hoops
I did the same at MSU...so awesome.

I got a really neat job, not only did I get a really neat job, but they made me a supervisor!

Reactions: 4 users
I just love the doctor I work with. He's going to talk to the practice manager about my scheduling for my last couple months. Our new receptionist quit so what was supposed to be one more week of working up front a couple times a week could expand to who knows how long. But the doctor really wants me working with him as much as possible since I'll be leaving soon, so I can scrub in on surgeries and stuff. He's so excited about teaching me things :biglove:

Reactions: 9 users
Applied to a perfect job yesterday. Well paid. Local. Temporary. Requires public health and entomology background and a graduate degree. Check, check, and check.

I'm hoping to at least interview if not get this job (they are hiring for two positions). The list of suitable candidates has to be exceedingly short in the Columbus area. It's also at the state health department through which I've already worked a 14 month internship and a 6 month practicum in the past. The description of the job also stresses a lot of emergency response and preparedness functions which directly relates to an internship I performed through the USDA a few years ago.

Downside: it doesn't close until the 19th so I'll probably hear about the internships I've applied to before that time. At least I might know something about vet school by then.

That's so awesome! Congrats! :) Iowa State has a similar program that they just started this year that allows for veterans and veteran dependents, with the requisite paperwork, to receive IS tuition -- my application was also successful! Which is fantastic, because IS tuition at Iowa State is less than the IS tuition at my actual IS school (not by much, admittedly, but every little bit helps).

Just got the phone call--accepted to the Aquarium internship! :clap:

I'm glad the call came today because I started hoping for a call/email a couple days ago! She said my interview went "fantastic" and that it will go from June to Sept. Actually a little impatient cause I thought it would start in May! C'mon, my class is done in a couple weeks and I am READY :heckyeah:

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users
Totally just redeemed myself on today's test after the absolute misery of my last Repro exam. I do believe I just saved my grade:)

It's the weekend! Currently relaxing with pizza, Netflix and cats. So needed after this week.

I just got on this thread to stop thinking about food and what's the topic? Food. Guess I'm fridge diving!

I was the last one on the block, but I got my front lawn mowed! Victory.

Granted the back yard still has a jungle vibe, but the animals like that, right?!

Sometimes we would just mow a little path. Lol.

Now the back yard is tiny and takes even me like 10 minutes tops, and it would be faster if it weren't all slanty.

Sometimes we would just mow a little path. Lol.

Now the back yard is tiny and takes even me like 10 minutes tops, and it would be faster if it weren't all slanty.
Yeah, I am often the one stared down and tons of knocks on the door for lawn care with the front, so I at least try to keep that decent. The back has trails cut by the dogs' paths around the perimeter and a diagonal to the far corner from the dog door. haha

We had our first annual ResLife banquet last night (put on entirely by the Senior RAs). It was awesome and the kids did a great job putting it on. They set up a great send off for our associate director, who is also leaving this year after 5 years. It was hard not to tear up!

This is what it is to be an English major. I sat down at my desk around 2 pm yesterday to start a term paper on a book I didn't actually read. (It was Clarissa, aka the longest book in our language, aka, that sucker was 700 pages abridged. And it's epistolary . . . ) Got some preliminary stuff done, but I kept having to stop so I could take care of the dogs, make dinner, do laundry.

From 7 pm to 7 am I wrote straight through. IT'S DONE and it meets the page limit and it doesn't suck. >12 hours crouched over a laptop. Geez.

I can't take a nap until after class, and then I have to work all afternoon. So that part is most definitely not a rave.

This is what it is to be an English major. I sat down at my desk around 2 pm yesterday to start a term paper on a book I didn't actually read. (It was Clarissa, aka the longest book in our language, aka, that sucker was 700 pages abridged. And it's epistolary . . . ) Got some preliminary stuff done, but I kept having to stop so I could take care of the dogs, make dinner, do laundry.

From 7 pm to 7 am I wrote straight through. IT'S DONE and it meets the page limit and it doesn't suck. >12 hours crouched over a laptop. Geez.

I can't take a nap until after class, and then I have to work all afternoon. So that part is most definitely not a rave.
I remember those days with some fondness

Congrats! Do you recall which schools do this, by chance?

I got the spay/neuter externship that I applied for! Better yet, it's PAID and I have free housing through a friend. Really good news given that sh**** past week I had.

Reactions: 8 users
I've been experimenting with weightlifting lately and discovered I really like Olympic lifting and today I did my first snatch complex ever! Then I followed that up by cleaning and front squatting the big girl bar for the first time ever! :D

I've been experimenting with weightlifting lately and discovered I really like Olympic lifting and today I did my first snatch complex ever! Then I followed that up by cleaning and front squatting the big girl bar for the first time ever! :D

Lifting :biglove::biglove:

The snatch is a really difficult movement so congrats on getting it. I'm much better at power snatches as my mobility is not always great for getting to a full squat following it. I haven't pushed myself with it because of my rotator cuff issues. Really hoping I can start working on it more soon.