RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I passed my re-exam!!!!! Still bitter about having to take it in the first place, but I'm officially a second year vet student!

Congrats! Been there before, definitely a nice weight off the shoulders. :highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My cat walked/slept on my laptop so much that she broke the track pad like 6 months ago...*finally* got a new computer. Needless to say my feline friend will have to be content with my lap;)

Reactions: 1 users
Too early, but:

It's been 20 days since I bred my heifer and no sign of heat even though the goats have come in again.

I'm dreaming of a beautiful Brown Swiss baby!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I went shopping in my closet at my parents house today and found a new pair of sandals :D heres to another year with the same style and not having to change! Might even get 2 years out of them now that i no longer live somewhere warm and beachy

Too early, but:

It's been 20 days since I bred my heifer and no sign of heat even though the goats have come in again.

Love me some Brown Swiss babies:love:

Here's hoping!

Too early, but:

Chocolate milk??? Scottish coos are my first and foremost love....oh, who am I kidding, I love ALL the cows - milk, beefies, all of them!

I took the vet who wrote me an LOR out to dinner last night as a thank you (we're pretty close so I wanted to do something more personal for her). I don't know how the next six months are going to go, but she told me she was so proud of me. I have pretty great people in my life.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I never knew so many of my Facebook friends were so nerdy until yesterday.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm really torn between not wanting to leave the house (and the very comfy sloth onesie I'm currently frolicking in) and my very strong urge to go try it out. :bucktooth:

Side note - have you seen the movie Zootopia? The sloths are so freaking funny, I was dying

Side note - have you seen the movie Zootopia? The sloths are so freaking funny, I was dying
Haha, yes, either opening night or the day after. And then I dragged a bunch of classmates to it a second time a couple weeks later. Fantastic movie. The sloths killed me.

The Secret Life of Pets is out tomorrow!!!!! Can't wait, may be dragging the SO to the theater this weekend :D
I'm seeing it tonight! Excited that the reviews seem generally positive, too.

...I occasionally watch non-kids movies, too, I swear. Sometimes. :laugh:

The Secret Life of Pets is out tomorrow!!!!! Can't wait, may be dragging the SO to the theater this weekend :D
I am too!! I won a buy one get one free movie ticket when I saw Finding Dory last month, so I'm super excited to use it!

Finally have internet!! They were supposed to come at 8 AM ...showed up at 5 PM cause they apparently "accidentally" booked an all day slot...

And it looks like my Target Redcard credit limit was magically increased.

A straw of semen and my arm.... let me look him up again. I couldn't find a pic when looking last, but he was the only Swissy semen in the area... I'll be back.
Fjel-Mar Joel Double Dutch
BSUSA000068122103

My mom lost her job in March but didn't tell me as I was having a hard time in school and then some personal troubles. She finally told me about it two weeks ago when she was about to start her new job. Her new job is a half hour west from my house but 2.5 hours east from her house. She was planning on commuting every day which is pretty crazy. I got her a bed and offered her my tiny spare bedroom that my dog lives in. She's so happy that she can stay here during the week and I'm happy that I have my mom around. She's even been cooking so I have a nice meal when I get home. Even though it's not an ideal situation, I'm so glad that I can help my mom out. She's done so much for me.

Reactions: 22 users
After almost a year and a half missing, we finally found my wife's engagement ring. So glad I don't have to try and buy another one of those things!

Reactions: 14 users
Finally found housing in Oregon! Yes! It's always been so difficult to find housing before I move somewhere. This time was still difficult, but not super last minute. :D Makes it seem like vet school is more real :) :soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users
I finally got a new laptop!! :D

For those of you who don't know, I had a tragic spill happen to my laptop in April or so, and I haven't had a laptop since...just been sadly playing WW from mobile :p. But my parents decided to get me a graduation/going to veterinary school gift... a brand new macbook! It's pink too!

Reactions: 14 users
I have seen and done so much over the last couple months. Spending the summer living on a commercial dairy farm definitely has its perks...I seriously can't believe our project is over in 2.5 weeks...

Slept much later than I had planned, but it was so worth it, feeling much more like a human today instead of a partially dead/partially alive zombie.

My mom lost her job in March but didn't tell me as I was having a hard time in school and then some personal troubles. She finally told me about it two weeks ago when she was about to start her new job. Her new job is a half hour west from my house but 2.5 hours east from her house. She was planning on commuting every day which is pretty crazy. I got her a bed and offered her my tiny spare bedroom that my dog lives in. She's so happy that she can stay here during the week and I'm happy that I have my mom around. She's even been cooking so I have a nice meal when I get home. Even though it's not an ideal situation, I'm so glad that I can help my mom out. She's done so much for me.

Interestingly enough my mom has gone though a similar situation on a crazy similar timeline, though she has always worked from home in her instance. She also found a new job recently that will have complete insurance benefits and retirement, two things she has never had before. I'm glad things worked out for your mom too, it'll be nice to have her close I'm sure :)

After a full day of poke-tracking/walking, I've discovered Pokemon GO is absolutely amazing and I could see it do wonders for those who need fitness motivation/mental health boost.

Reactions: 9 users
After a full day of poke-tracking/walking, I've discovered Pokemon GO is absolutely amazing and I could see it do wonders for those who need fitness motivation/mental health boost.

That's kind of how I'm using it so far. I've barely started the hard part of my internship and I'm already soo freaking tired when I get home. Helps motive me to take the dog for a longer walk.

I also totally used an incense on the bike at the gym yesterday to multi-task. Sadly, it didn't work as well as I hoped since I couldn't actually move towards the pokemon.

We live in the middle of nowhere so we have to travel into town to find pokestops and gyms, but I just downloaded the game at noon and got to level 6 and beat 2 gyms on the drive home. (Stopped at a state park playground to play with the kids for one and at a national monument in my home "town" for the other.) Only benefit to living where there are no pokemon is that the gyms are all lower level too (when you can find them).

Reactions: 3 users
After way too long, I got to watch Big Hero 6. Absolutely loved it, it was even better than I wanted it to be.
I was definitely pleasantly surprised when I watched it. Kind of like when I stumbled across Iron Giant. I rate that (Iron Giant) up there with my faves of Secret of NIHM, Sword in the Stone and the foxy Robin Hood.

Just got home from camping all weekend. And by camping I mean relaxing outside in the sun with the dogs and the SO, completely disconnected, reading fun books, going on hikes, and cooking over a fire. Can't emphasize enough how much good this weekend has done for my soul :)

Reactions: 6 users
I returned home on Thursday from my scholarship; I'm officially a pilot. I got to meet @Gwenevre one night too!

I'm not going to lie, I got pretty emotional last night. Everything about the program was amazing. This was the first year that they had 8 scholarship recipients, so they were worried about having so many. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people, I loved them all. It was my first time being around others with disabilities for an extended period of time. They are all go-getters like me, and it was so refreshing to have people around that understand and share some life challenges. I loved my flight instructor, he is a great guy and we developed an awesome always-joking-around relationship. I also met an amazing girl who I spent 6 weeks with. I think we both understood that it would likely be temporary, and enjoyed each other while we could.

It was truly one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and gave me back the freedom of flight that I haven't experienced since my injury. While I was there I remember twice saying how thankful I was for being alive and having this opportunity, but it still didn't prepare me for the heavy-hearted feeling that came over me yesterday.

Even though I'm still sad, I will always have the memories of this past summer. That's something to rave about.

Untitled-2.jpg

Reactions: 23 users
It was truly one of the most amazing experiences of my life, and gave me back the freedom of flight that I haven't experienced since my injury. While I was there I remember twice saying how thankful I was for being alive and having this opportunity, but it still didn't prepare me for the heavy-hearted feeling that came over me yesterday.

Even though I'm still sad, I will always have the memories of this past summer. That's something to rave about.
Absofreakinlutely. Rave to your heart's content, dammit :biglove:

Two important updates in the life of Ceph:

1). As of a few weeks ago, I have a boyfriend and he is wonderful.
2). As of last Wednesday, I have met the parents of said boyfriend, and they apparently really liked me.

:soexcited:

Reactions: 10 users
I finally found a roommate for the fall! She's not in the vet program at all and I actually think that'll be an advantage for minimizing stress. Plus all the furniture we have complements each other...no overlap at all. But most importantly, the housing anxiety is over! :clap::clap:

Two important updates in the life of Ceph:

1). As of a few weeks ago, I have a boyfriend and he is wonderful.
2). As of last Wednesday, I have met the parents of said boyfriend, and they apparently really liked me.

:soexcited:

What's not to love? :D