RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I have 5 adults. One Australorp and 4 Giant Cochins.
20160630_071404.jpg

And then all the babies:
20160703_142805.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
I returned home on Thursday from my scholarship; I'm officially a pilot.

If you get a chance to try soaring, I highly recommend it. I enjoy the technicalities and details and flexibility of instrument flying, but my all time favorite flying moment was thermaling opposite a big huge hawk.

Reactions: 2 users
If you get a chance to try soaring, I highly recommend it. I enjoy the technicalities and details and flexibility of instrument flying, but my all time favorite flying moment was thermaling opposite a big huge hawk.
Wait, LIS are you a pilot?

I got my first egg from my chickens!! :hardy:
That's such a fun moment! Got some Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, and Cream Legbars last summer and the first egg was pretty awesome

Last edited:
Wait, LIS are you a pilot?

Yes. Not as accomplished by a long shot as SOV. And I stopped flying when I went back to school ($$). But I will be getting back to it as money allows. I love it. Took trips all over the U.S. and Canada and to the Bahamas in our speedy little 6-seater.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes. Not as accomplished by a long shot as SOV. And I stopped flying when I went back to school ($$). But I will be getting back to it as money allows. I love it. Took trips all over the U.S. and Canada and to the Bahamas in our speedy little 6-seater.
and you're gonna pick up your friends in FL and fly to the keys, right? :p

Reactions: 6 users
This just made me giggle way too hard thinking back to PBC's pilot slang.
Exactly what I thought of! :laugh:

Learning to fly is by far the item on my bucket list that give my worrywart SO the most palpitations. When the loans are gone and we're established...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Exactly what I thought of! :laugh:

Learning to fly is by far the item on my bucket lift that give my worrywart SO the most palpitations. When the loans are gone and we're established...

My SO hates flying, so every time we do fly together I torment him and tell him all the details he doesn't want to know or be reminded of from when I jumped out of a plane and went skydiving. Lol

Reactions: 1 user
I enjoyed flying lessons. I would like to do them again, but that will wait for money and the hope that the worry wort mom brain isn't permanent. (I get nervous doing things I used to love because: what if I die? Who will take care of the kids? I want my old brain back. Driving 150 mph on the highway at 2 am was fun. So was galloping headlong across a pasture with unknown footing and flying loopty-loops over the ocean)

I will and do fly but I don't like it and it's definitely not something I would do for fun/as a hobby. And my engineering degree is in aerospace :smack:

Intern life is not very conducive to catching Pokemon. It hurts my soul a little. I do have today off, but it's so freaking hot and I have a sinus headache that I don't want to be walking around.

Intern life is not very conducive to catching Pokemon. It hurts my soul a little. I do have today off, but it's so freaking hot and I have a sinus headache that I don't want to be walking around.
I hear ya. I haz the sinus headache today. I convinced my mom to drive us home so I caught some pokemon while on the highway. I ran out of Pokeballs when I was about to catch a Squirtle. I cried.

Caught like 6-7 Eevees yesterday. I'm starting an army.

It's good to stockpile Evees since they can evolve into at least three different forms - flareon, volteon, and vaporeon. So far no one knows if there are factors that influence the evolution or if it's 100% random. You can catch the evolved forms separately as well.

It's apparently good to collect a bunch of commons - ratattas, pidgets, evees, whatnot - maybe trade a few for candy to get the candy up, but keep most - and then use a lucky egg for double XP and then evolve them all at the same time while the egg is working (like 1/2 hour). This will get you up several levels at once.

My roommate has hatched the same number of eggs as me, and she has gotten a porygon, growlithe, vulpix, and magnemite from them. Meanwhile I've gotten an onix and a metric ****ton of zubats. :yeahright:

I caught a dragonair while picking up dinner yesterday, though, so that was cool.

My roommate has hatched the same number of eggs as me, and she has gotten a porygon, growlithe, vulpix, and magnemite from them. Meanwhile I've gotten an onix and a metric ****ton of zubats. :yeahright:

I caught a dragonair while picking up dinner yesterday, though, so that was cool.

I hatched a Weedle. Woo.

Nothing great yet but I haven't gotten many 10k eggs yet.

Can someone kindly explain Pokemon to an outsider? I honestly have no idea what it's all about. I remember the word from several years ago, but was never into it as a kid.

Can someone kindly explain Pokemon to an outsider? I honestly have no idea what it's all about. I remember the word from several years ago, but was never into it as a kid.

Don't you worry, JMO. I've got you covered tonight if that is the case. It has quickly stolen my life/free time.

Little collectible monsters you use to fight other humans with their own team of collectible monsters. Monsters can grow and change into better stronger monsters with training.

The best thing in my life right now. Who needs a job when I could just catch Pokemon? I kid. But I hear that you're going to be able to trade soon :)

It's good to stockpile Evees since they can evolve into at least three different forms - flareon, volteon, and vaporeon. So far no one knows if there are factors that influence the evolution or if it's 100% random. You can catch the evolved forms separately as well.

It's apparently good to collect a bunch of commons - ratattas, pidgets, evees, whatnot - maybe trade a few for candy to get the candy up, but keep most - and then use a lucky egg for double XP and then evolve them all at the same time while the egg is working (like 1/2 hour). This will get you up several levels at once.
I knew you'd know everything. Always so knowledgeable :biglove:

Never was into Pokemon as a kid, downloaded it just to see if any where in the house. Caught a squirtle outside my bedroom. Then I uninstalled it.

Reactions: 4 users
I hear ya. I haz the sinus headache today. I convinced my mom to drive us home so I caught some pokemon while on the highway. I ran out of Pokeballs when I was about to catch a Squirtle. I cried.

Ohhhh, my parents will be in town so I can totally catch some drive by pokemon the next two days. We're also likely going to go check out Newport tomorrow, so I'll catch some in that area. Damn. I should have picked up a solar powered phone charger or something.

I also think I'm going to get some catching up done on my pokemon games for my 3DS. Moving and such has put int on the back burner for a little while.

Never was into Pokemon as a kid, downloaded it just to see if any where in the house. Caught a squirtle outside my bedroom. Then I uninstalled it.

There's always one of the three base pokemon (charmander, squirtle, bulbasaur) somewhere in the place where you start the game, so you can practice catching one. But yeah, Grumpy Cat probably hates Pokemon.

I think a lot of the 25-35 year olds watched the show, played the games on their Gameboy colors, and/or collected the cards. I was 2/3 and husband was 3/3. So this game is kinda for us and those like us. And kids too, I guess. My nephews (now late teens) played Pokemon pearl/diamond on their PSPs or whatever.

Sent my professor my abstract for review. Honestly, I was half expecting to have it torn apart...plot twist...he was actually complimentary. I think I'm in shock.:highfive:

What's a lucky egg?

My son hatched a squirtle from a 2k egg, I got a rattatata. :yeahright: My 10k should be ready soon though! It better be good!

A lucky egg is something you get at level 7 or 8, or maybe from a PokéStop... I'm not sure. It gives you double XP for 30 minutes. It's best to use when you have a bunch of critters to evolve at once.

Oh man, those things are all over where I live. Tell your friend to come here, she'll get one for sure
They're super freaking rare in our area. I saw a hypno on my radar at like 2am last night and went running outside barefoot to catch the damn thing - literally the first time I'd see any pokemon in that evolution chain.

I love Pokemon Go. Also, we've had an offer accepted on a great house! It will be even better if it passes inspection and once we get the vomit green/bright red carpeting out of there...It needs a lot of cosmetic updates, but I'm beyond excited.

Reactions: 5 users
It's crazy how a Pokemon road trip would be the best way to expand your inventory. I have never seen a Drowzee. I'm not even sure what cool thing we have.

It's crazy how a Pokemon road trip would be the best way to expand your inventory. I have never seen a Drowzee. I'm not even sure what cool thing we have.
I am a 3/3 of your criteria. Such a nerd :D I'm gonna road trip with a friend who dislikes Pokemon so I can add to my pokedex!!!

Out of control, all of you! :p

In the local news this morning: Two Men Fall Down Cliff While Playing 'Pokemon Go' :eyebrow: