RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The new overhead tunnels are interesting. The concept is very nice!
They are doing a similar thing at the Jacksonville Zoo, and at Animal Kingdom, but I think Philly was the first to implement it. Love it :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They are doing a similar thing at the Jacksonville Zoo, and at Animal Kingdom, but I think Philly was the first to implement it. Love it :)
I loved going with my friend. We had such fun discussions, talking about animal enrichment and he let me go on about animal facts. We had such a good time :) The first monkeys that we saw were hilarious. They had spread themselves out and the one closest to a juncture was hanging on for dear life like "GOD NO, I SHAN'T GO NO FURTHER!"

Reactions: 1 users
Small rave, but I went to try on scrubs for vet school, and the entire store was 50% off! Got my favorite brand in store without breaking the bank! :D

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Odd rave: We are remodeling one of the clinics I work at, and they finally replaced the toilet (old and crusty), sink (that did not have water connected), and bathroom fan (which was so loud, the neighbors could hear it through the wall)! I no longer have to be embarrassed to let clients use our restroom.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Odd rave: We are remodeling one of the clinics I work at, and they finally replaced the toilet (old and crusty), sink (that did not have water connected), and bathroom fan (which was so loud, the neighbors could hear it through the wall)! I no longer have to be embarrassed to let clients use our restroom.

That sounds nice. Except the fan. That makes it safe to poop.

Reactions: 2 users

The bathroom in my clinic is IN the exam room. You can't get to it when appointments are going on. The walls are thin, too, so if you DO have to pee when people are in exam, they will hear everything. Which is pretty good incentive to just hold it.

The toilet hasn't been flushing well recently (it never did, but now there's something going on with the pipes in that part of the building and it's way worse). If you have to poo at work it's like a game of chance. Will it actually flush? Will you have to try and plunge it? Will it still refuse to flush and just sit in the toilet bowl all day? Who knows?

The bathroom in my clinic is IN the exam room. You can't get to it when appointments are going on. The walls are thin, too, so if you DO have to pee when people are in exam, they will hear everything. Which is pretty good incentive to just hold it.

The toilet hasn't been flushing well recently (it never did, but now there's something going on with the pipes in that part of the building and it's way worse). If you have to poo at work it's like a game of chance. Will it actually flush? Will you have to try and plunge it? Will it still refuse to flush and just sit in the toilet bowl all day? Who knows?
What the ****

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The other night, I got to place my first thoracostomy tube. The little bubbles coming out as the pneumothorax kept getting reduced was sooo satisfying!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
:soexcited: Another crappy day at work but I came home to an e-mail from the vet school's diagnostic lab, where I shadow necropsies. They're offering me a paid position and I just :D:D:D. I really needed something good today and here it is.

Reactions: 16 users
:soexcited: Another crappy day at work but I came home to an e-mail from the vet school's diagnostic lab, where I shadow necropsies. They're offering me a paid position and I just :D:D:D. I really needed something good today and here it is.
That is amazing! Congrats :D

Congrats! That is SO awesome!

96% on my first biostatistics exam/first graduate level exam! Pretty pleased as it was worth 30% of the grade in that class.

Reactions: 7 users
Four day weekend, plus the husband is back to drive me around in pursuit of Pokemans.
The boy makes us walk. Which is good! But I don't want to walk 2 miles to downtown, walk all over kingdom come there, then walk 2 miles back at 8 at night which is usually the only time we can go together. Grr.

The boy makes us walk. Which is good! But I don't want to walk 2 miles to downtown, walk all over kingdom come there, then walk 2 miles back at 8 at night which is usually the only time we can go together. Grr.

Out stuff is way too spread out. I could walk to three gyms and like 4-5 PokéStops reasonably from here but that's it. The clusters of stuff are elsewhere.

Weekend off, going to the movies with a friend this morning. Then I'll get to come home to nobody else being around, should be fantastic. :)

First day off in like 10 days and it's much needed! And I don't have to be back in until Monday night. Plans include beach, puppy cuddling, Pokemon catching and lots of TV. And unfortunately some much needed cleaning.

Grateful for my friend, who bravely went onto my patio and killed three entire wasp nests for me. The world is now a better place and 40 wasps lighter thanks to her haha

Grateful for my friend, who bravely went onto my patio and killed three entire wasp nests for me. The world is now a better place and 40 wasps lighter thanks to her haha
I gotta do this later... Wanna send your friend over here?

I was supposed to be packing to get ready to move, but one of my favorite doctors invited me to scrub in on her steriles today. We all know which I picked. I even got to help her close.

Reactions: 5 users
Day one into my ECC externship and I have to say I'm pretty dang smitten :biglove:.

I'm a weeee bit worried about the potential of having to complete an internship/residency, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it and just really enjoy the crap out of ECC until then.

Reactions: 6 users
An amazing 38h spent with the boy. I don't get to see him often so I decided to drive 6h each way to get to Boise where he's doing a shelter med rotation. I got there when he got off Saturday and we had a romantic dinner and saw secret life of pets. Then the next day we had breakfast at the hotel, went for a pokewalk, then went and saw the birds of prey thingy, then went to a fancy french fry place for lynch, then floated the river where I got rip-roaring drunk and fell off my float and wasn't coordinated enough to get back on for a long time, then had dinner at an awesome brewery, then saw star trek. I dropped him off and left for home and I miss him already.

I love that kid so much I'm going to squeeze him until he dies. When we graduate and he goes for his internship wherever and I take that job in northern Nevada it's going to be so hard

Reactions: 10 users
An amazing 38h spent with the boy. I don't get to see him often so I decided to drive 6h each way to get to Boise where he's doing a shelter med rotation. I got there when he got off Saturday and we had a romantic dinner and saw secret life of pets. Then the next day we had breakfast at the hotel, went for a pokewalk, then went and saw the birds of prey thingy, then went to a fancy french fry place for lynch, then floated the river where I got rip-roaring drunk and fell off my float and wasn't coordinated enough to get back on for a long time, then had dinner at an awesome brewery, then saw star trek. I dropped him off and left for home and I miss him already.

I love that kid so much I'm going to squeeze him until he dies. When we graduate and he goes for his internship wherever and I take that job in northern Nevada it's going to be so hard
Sounds like you had fun, but maybe a little preoccupied with WW? ;) (See bolded/underlined part in quote)

Reactions: 4 users

Ooh, is your boy at the Idaho Humane Society? If he is, does he know Dr. Koob?

I just asked him. He said that Dr has been on vacationso he hasn't worked with him. I know he worked with a female Dr.

Dr. Koob was the first veterinarian I ever met! He came to our 4-H club and did necropsies. :love: He was like a rock star to all of us wee little 4-H kids.

I'm working on increasing my 2% right now and I'm getting very nervous that I keep getting questions right. Usually I'm not this good... I wish I wasn't burning all my luck now and instead could bottle some up for the actual NAVLE
Yeah... I got A LOT of bovine questions right all in a row. I think I used up all my food animal luck on those. I also don't have any other food animal or exotics questions left :O

I'm actually pretty surprised how many poultry ones I've been getting right though. Wut. I don't know no chickens!
Ugh I get all the bird ones wrong. In my last three years of vet school I have literally never heard of Plasmodium or that feather and beak disease (some kind of circovirus?) or polyoma virus. What have I been doing these last few years?!