RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
this is not a drill: CLASSES START TOMORROW!!!! :)))))))))))) Finished orientation yesterday, have a day off today (lol getting a rabies vaccine and my ID card today, so not really), then class starts! We have our Big/Little event Friday night and our White Coat Ceremony Sunday! So many good things happening this week! (Then it gets serious, but let's not focus on that!)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
this is not a drill: CLASSES START TOMORROW!!!! :)))))))))))) Finished orientation yesterday, have a day off today (lol getting a rabies vaccine and my ID card today, so not really), then class starts! We have our Big/Little event Friday night and our White Coat Ceremony Sunday! So many good things happening this week! (Then it gets serious, but let's not focus on that!)
And so it begins. Another year, a new group. Go forth, new sparkly students.

Reactions: 12 users
All of the other wifi networks around me have really boring names, it looks like most people stuck with the default. It was slightly tricky to figure out how to change it, but I was determined. I thought about going with some kind of Hamilton reference because I'm obsessed with the soundtrack lately, but all I could think of was "Best of Wifis and Best of Women," and I thought that was a little too long/obscure. :p
My parent's WiFi is Cerebro (set up by me) and mine is J.A.R.V.I.S.

Members don't see this ad :)
And so it begins. Another year, a new group. Go forth, new sparkly students.

And.....

gPBuAgl.gif

And....

latest

Reactions: 11 users
Finally got our class schedules for Penn! This is so exciting, it's feeling more and more real every day :D

Reactions: 6 users
My dog absolutely adores having a yard to go and romp around in and a porch to lay on. I love being able to give that to him this year. He likes to just go sit and watch the world, and I'm sure when fall comes around, I'll be hard pressed to get him back inside! So far, the house is working out really well and I'm very happy!

Reactions: 10 users
I officially get to be a necropsy tech :D

I went in today for a formal interview and it took all of ten minutes. We sat down and they asked me if I wanted the job, I said yes (duh :)), and then they answered some of my questions about hours and training. I'll start when I come back from my vacation week.

I officially get to be a necropsy tech :D

I went in today for a formal interview and it took all of ten minutes. We sat down and they asked me if I wanted the job, I said yes (duh :)), and then they answered some of my questions about hours and training. I'll start when I come back from my vacation week.
I warned them about you. They obviously didn't listen

Reactions: 4 users
So Marvet was awesome. Like, really awesome and I highly recommend anyone interest in conservation/marine medicine check it out.

I also was able to confirm for myself that I would have regretted going to an island school :p Grand Cayman was gorgeous, though!

Reactions: 5 users
The Pre-Vet Club at my uni runs this huge event every year for pre-vet students to get exposed to different aspects of veterinary medicine and this year I get to be a TA for it! It has a huge participation rate (like ~200 students plus ~25-50 TAs and veterinarians). I'm excited, as I'm used to running it, so this year I get none of the stress and all of the fun. Now I get to just excitedly wait until October.

Reactions: 1 user
This is my last week at work and my bosses (husband and wife vets) just had their baby at midnight last night! All appointments are canceled until Thursday!! Best last week ever!!!!

So Marvet was awesome. Like, really awesome and I highly recommend anyone interest in conservation/marine medicine check it out.

I also was able to confirm for myself that I would have regretted going to an island school :p Grand Cayman was gorgeous, though!
Excited! I want to apply for it :)

Members don't see this ad :)
[QUOTE="pinkpuppy9, post: 18043784, member: 576277"
I also was able to confirm for myself that I would have regretted going to an island school :p Grand Cayman was gorgeous, though![/QUOTE]
?

Contract signed! Bumming around and traveling has been fantastic, but as soon as I get my state board results later this week I'll start my first job as a vet.

Excited and really only a smidge terrified. :D

Reactions: 22 users
My kids finally have started reliably going to bed without a fuss, leaving me with several hours of spare time in the evening.

I may have restarted my world of Warcraft account as a result (after a 3.5 year hiatus).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 6 users
My kids finally have started reliably going to bed without a fuss, leaving me with several hours of spare time in the evening.

I may have restarted my world of Warcraft account as a result (after a 3.5 year hiatus).

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I'm so used to "kids" having 4 legs, 8 thought 'sheesh she must have some demanding dogs! Oh wait...' haha

Reactions: 3 users
Forgot to add a huge rave on here today, which is that I got my official DVM student badge today! It means I can go into the cool areas of the teaching hospital now without getting tackled for trespassing. :D

Also my roommate came back into town yesterday and she loves how I redecorated our apartment! Also my cat hates strangers and he's been a little shy guy who snuggles with me for protection since she came here. So cute.

Reactions: 2 users
On Sunday, we had a Pug come in on emergency who had totally obliterated her elbow to the point that amputation was the best option. Like all owners, hers were hesitant and worried about how she'd manage on three legs. Today, 24 hours post op, she was zooming around the reception area as a tripawd and her owner started crying and then laughing. They are thrilled with her outcome and I sense we have a new social media star. Move over Doug the Pug.

Reactions: 10 users
On Sunday, we had a Pug come in on emergency who had totally obliterated her elbow to the point that amputation was the best option. Like all owners, hers were hesitant and worried about how she'd manage on three legs. Today, 24 hours post op, she was zooming around the reception area as a tripawd and her owner started crying and then laughing. They are thrilled with her outcome and I sense we have a new social media star. Move over Doug the Pug.
Aren't animals amazing?

Entered a raffle for some free personal training sessions and holy crap, I actually won! I never win anything. Now to actually call the person and attempt to schedule them into my already difficult schedule.

Me 'n the little kitty had a good day at the vet! His teeth are awesome, he took his booster shots well, he lost some weight (he used to be about 15.5# - he should be closer to 12 and he still has a ways to go, but I'm just glad I'm moving him in the right direction), and he got his county license so now he's legit. Plus everyone complimented how cute and soft he was. :D It's probably a compliment they give every kitty, but in his case at least I know it's true. ;)

I'm in Montana and can get good fresh sushi. Why are you being deprived? Do we need to break you out of a dungeon somewhere?
haha! There is really only one place in stilly for sushi, and it is pricy for our kind. could drive to OKC or Tulsa, but I don't do that because I consider it a crime not to have a couple bottles of saki with my sushi.

haha! There is really only one place in stilly for sushi, and it is pricy for our kind. could drive to OKC or Tulsa, but I don't do that because I consider it a crime not to have a couple bottles of saki with my sushi.
We can plan a sushi date for when I visit <3 I'll be your DD <3

Yup. I ain't some CP grease monkey.

WHO GOT OIL ON MY LENS AGAIN :rage::punch::rage::punch::rage:
Ok that's what i thought, our microanatomy professor is an anatomical pathologist and she was explaining the differences in class yesterday...it reminded me of you :D She kept talking about gross oil :laugh:

Finished up my externship yesterday with a total of 32 surgeries (18 spays and 14 neuters) over 10 days. And all of my patients recovered uneventfully! I wanted to take them all with me, but hopefully they'll find happy forever homes soon! :biglove:

Reactions: 9 users
I didn't notice until my roommate pointed it out today, but my kitty follows me everywhere in the house and it's really cute.

We can rope @twelvetigers into taking us out on the town in T Town. lol

Hah! Sure. I'm down.

So I honestly liked Kyoto despite its run down appearance. We got sushi from there plenty of times over the years. They always have coupons in the phone book, those student coupon books, or online. Sushi House is reasonably good. The tea tastes weird. And did that other place out by the UPS store and stuff close down? We only ate there once and it was alright.

People like uhhh the place in the shopping center with Ross and stuff. We didn't eat there much.

So there's like four places to get sushi, but maybe less if you don't like them for one reason or another.

Ever try Tokyo Pot? Not sushi but pretty good. (Shabu shabu)

I did my first set of equine rads since leaving school and they came out pretty good (a little overexposed because I read the technique chart wrong but positioning was good). As an additional rave, they were of my own horse and her left hock (which seemed to be the cause of her lameness) has hardly any arthritic change, so her lameness was mostly just overuse! Yay!

My first Blue Apron meal was a success! Seared chicken and fregola sarda with salsa verde, corn and tomato. It took about an hour to make (around 20 minutes longer than the recipe said) but I didn't screw it up! It was a rather tasty mix of flavors and ingredients that I never would have thought of.
20160826_201439.jpg

My first Blue Apron meal was a success! Seared chicken and fregola sarda with salsa verde, corn and tomato. It took about an hour to make (around 20 minutes longer than the recipe said) but I didn't screw it up! It was a rather tasty mix of flavors and ingredients that I never would have thought of.
View attachment 208434
I find those recipes always take longer because they don't take into account the amount of time it takes to chop the veggies.

I find those recipes always take longer because they don't take into account the amount of time it takes to chop the veggies.
Yeah, that was definitely the most time-consuming part!