RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Btw a preview.... (click for bigger)

eeeep.jpg

(I think I'm getting one of the ones in the background with more white blaze action, but I'd be happy with any from this litter tbh)

Reactions: 12 users
My brother is out of town working on our old house, and he just sent me this. It has my name on it but it's too cute not to share.

***poof***

Then I complained that it should really say 'PBC, Queen of All' and he made a new one. :D

***poof***

My brother you guys. :love:

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Thought tomorrow would be my SDN-iversary, but I just got a notification for the 1 year member trophy so I guess it's already been a full year. Woo! Here I am with the original avatar I joined with. I'm beyond glad I found this place! (and also wish I'd gotten here sooner)

also, Thank God It's Not Kennel Duty

Reactions: 7 users
Thought tomorrow would be my SDN-iversary, but I just got a notification for the 1 year member trophy so I guess it's already been a full year. Woo! Here I am with the original avatar I joined with. I'm beyond glad I found this place! (and also wish I'd gotten here sooner)

also, Thank God It's Not Kennel Duty

Cute. ;)

Oh, you'll be an old fart like some of us one day. In the meantime, enjoy your progress (and your baked pigtato).

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No tests for a week and a half means I finally had time to wash and detail my car today! Also, new pineapple air fresheners. Yummy.

Reactions: 3 users
Btw, I love that you had gotten away from this place for, like, two months... and then we drag you back full force. :laugh:

I was trying to save myself time for other frivolous distractions studying! ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Mini rave:
Since it was the first day of the rotation and we were just shadowing the techs today, they let me peace out for an hour to go to the Intro Meeting for RAM Club (Research Animal Medicine). I was the VP of the club the last 2 years so I was super excited to go and I had all the feels. Plus my adviser was there, who I always love to run into, and I learned that they're actually going to start incorporating a lab animal medicine class!! I'm so jealous, just wish I could take it! Finally, I ran into and met @supershorty ;) Always fun meeting the person behind the username

Reactions: 2 users
survived another IVECCs week and have had more sleep in the last 24 hours than i had in days total haha. am also now completely caught up on records, it only took an extra 2 days...had some really cool and some VERY sad cases this last week. our locum DVM was amazing to work with, i miss her. thank goodness for some time off though. yesterday morning i decided i would actually attend optional rounds, walked in, read the case was a peritoneal dialysis case, burst into tears and left. my peritoneal dialysis case from last week was so sad. normal to dead in 36 hours. toxins are terrible. and now that i'm all caught up on work, i shall go walk my dog at the park. and go to the grocery store. and Target. yay! and maybe read for class tomorrow...we'll see haha

I sent off my first resume to a clinic very early because I'm visiting the area next month and I thought this clinic would be a good fit for me. I heard back not even an hour later and we had a great chat. The clinic seems wonderful and a great fit with my lifestyle and practice interests after chatting a little bit. Of course, I won't know more until I inquire/visit. It ended with the practice owner inviting me to her clinic, which I would presume would be an interview.
I definitely needed this feel good moment, even if it doesn't work out in the end. It has been a good night.

Reactions: 11 users
I got chosen to be a CVM ambassador!! :soexcited: Mainly I'll be giving tours to prospective students, helping with open house and interviews, etc. Plus I'll get paid! Hopefully I won't be too overwhelmed adding this to my plate.

Reactions: 6 users
20160915_145527.jpg

If any of you remember my pup's large full thickness lesion, this is what it looks like 4 weeks later. Yessssssssssss

AND no new lesions!

Reactions: 12 users
Got an 88 on my first anatomy exam!!! ahhhhh yayya I can't believe I didn't bomb it and all my hard work paid off?? Yay to celebrate for like half a minute until I start studying for histo and phys quiz and nutrition test next week!

I got to witness the greatest day in a dog's life today. She had been returned to the shelter multiple times because she needed an expensive surgery. When her new owners dropped her off at our hospital, I'm sure the poor dog thought she was just getting returned to another shelter yet again. But she got to go home with her family this morning after her surgery went well! And it was the happiest I have ever seen a dog be, ever. Non-stop wiggles and puppy smiles. :biglove:

Reactions: 14 users
Volunteering to help spay with the organization that let me get my first real vet experience tomorrow... emailed them yesterday and got a very excited email back in moments, apparently they're missing a couple of their surgeons and could really use the help.

Excited to give back. :)

Reactions: 15 users
After many, many hours of consideration and budgeting (both financial and time-oriented) and trying to talk myself out of it, I have finally decided I'm going to adopt a dog! It's just been me and my two cats for three years, and I just moved to a new state and started a new job, so it seemed appropriate to get a new family member.
Now to start the process of preparing for, finding, and eventually bringing him or her home!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the midst of harvesting the garden (winter squash will probably come out in 2 weeks) and have pulled out near 10 gallons of purple beans (with another 2-5 still not ready to pick) a gallon of wax beans and just about to start on the green.
Should have a couple bushels of cucumbers. Another dozen zucchini (coming to the end finally). A gallon more okra. A dozen beef tomatoes, plus a gallon cherries (and the tomatoes have just started ripening.) We should have several gallons of roma for sauce in the next 2 weeks.
Pulled our 3rd melon. I haven't seen a successful watermelon yet... but still holding hope. Pulled 2 cantelopes. More of all of these are still growing.
8 patty pans, 10 delicata. A bunch of pumpkins and blue Hubbards and sun flowers getting close...

And lots of beautiful flowers!

Pictures in a bit!

Reactions: 4 users
20160918_105143.jpg
Okra bloom with gardenias (I think?) In the background
14742291677831947455403.jpg
Plus egg plant and broccoli :)

I think I need recipes for the eggplant. I've never had success with them before.

Reactions: 6 users
Back from the local convention this weekend. It's a small con, only about 1500 attendees and only in it's second year, but it's just so great to collect with other geeks. I got a ton of photo requests and compliments on my Erza Scarlet cosplay, which I was kind of self conscious about wearing because it's a bit more revealing than I usually go for (reference: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net...he_Erza.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100719165613) but I had nothing but great responses.

Reactions: 5 users
I realized today that even though I'm feeling really overwhelmed with school, I'm actually liking Pullman itself a lot. I've found a few coffee places that are great for studying and my apartment is mostly unpacked and how I want it (yeah, I know took me long enough :p) and it's starting to feel like home. And my cats seem completely settled in and are getting along better than they have in years (no guarding of any rooms from each other and they're both even sleeping on the bed with me. That would have never happened before!)

I don't know, it's a little thing but it was nice to realize :)

Reactions: 8 users
I realized today that even though I'm feeling really overwhelmed with school, I'm actually liking Pullman itself a lot. I've found a few coffee places that are great for studying and my apartment is mostly unpacked and how I want it (yeah, I know took me long enough :p) and it's starting to feel like home. And my cats seem completely settled in and are getting along better than they have in years (no guarding of any rooms from each other and they're both even sleeping on the bed with me. That would have never happened before!)

I don't know, it's a little thing but it was nice to realize :)
Have you found me on FB? You should find me on FB.

Have you found me on FB? You should find me on FB.

You keep popping up in my suggested friends, but wasn't sure if you'd think it was weird adding you :laugh:

Also I totally talked to you when you were in the ICU I think. I called at like 5 am cause my cat ate way more plastic than she ever had and I was freaking the **** out haha

Reactions: 1 user
You keep popping up in my suggested friends, but wasn't sure if you'd think it was weird adding you :laugh:

Also I totally talked to you when you were in the ICU I think. I called at like 5 am cause my cat ate way more plastic than she ever had and I was freaking the **** out haha
Yessssssssssss! That was me!

If I sounded like a turd I apologize! Overnights are hard, dude.

Edit: I actually laughed at how fast the request came. I was like "how does everyone know who I am?!" Lol

Reactions: 1 users
If I sounded like a turd I apologize! Overnights are hard, dude.

Edit: I actually laughed at how fast the request came. I was like "how does everyone know who I am?!" Lol

You were super sweet! I knew I was being irrational freaking out since she was otherwise --totally-- fine and had probably vomited it all up, but I needed someone else to tell me :laugh:

Hahaha you were in my suggested friends still haha

You were super sweet! I knew I was being irrational freaking out since she was otherwise --totally-- fine and had probably vomited it all up, but I needed someone else to tell me :laugh:

Hahaha you were in my suggested friends still haha
Ok good! I know the people calling are either scared or have a real emergency and therefore scared. 4-5am was just when I started to fade and still had like 5 hours left so I was really tired at that tone in the mornings lol

Reactions: 1 user
Car=totaled which totally sucks and would normally be a rant BUT the adjuster felt sorry for me and is giving me the rental for two more weeks which really eliminates a lot of the stress in finding another car. About the only good thing to come out of any of this (well that, and I wasn't hurt/killed by the guy in the Dodge who was texting).