RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
He will probably keep his name, "Jag" - I don't hate it but I also don't love it. His mom is a friend of mine and we both work with the same dressage trainer so everybody knows him by that name. I'd feel bad to change it, I suppose.

Yay :biglove: I'm sure his name will grow on you over time. Probably better not to change it since he's known by it already. Congrats on your new "mom" status. I hope classes permit you plenty of time with him!!

Members don't see this ad.

He will probably keep his name, "Jag" - I don't hate it but I also don't love it. His mom is a friend of mine and we both work with the same dressage trainer so everybody knows him by that name. I'd feel bad to change it, I suppose.

Extend it out to "Moves Like Jagger" (a la Maroon 5) And then Jag can be the short name.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEPTlhBmwRg[/youtube]

ETA: Adam Levine YUMMMM

Members don't see this ad :)
Rave 1: Bought tickets to go see my boyfriend in Ireland in March!
Rave 2: Have a job interview tomorrow morning. I'm hoping it goes well!

I did the elbow grip AYSHA!!!!!!! yeah babyyy!!

pole-dancing-aysha-jen.jpg

okay... now to perfect it as mine is not yet as nice as hers ^ ;)

Extend it out to "Moves Like Jagger" (a la Maroon 5) And then Jag can be the short name.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEPTlhBmwRg[/youtube]

ETA: Adam Levine YUMMMM

TT -- i love that name for heylodeb's horse!

ps - adam levine makes me drool. :love:

WOOO!! I got my split grip Aysha!!!!! now to hold it for more then 2 seconds :D haha fitocracy i'm going to whip you bitch!

Booked my Vegas trip today! Week after finals. Going to blow off some steam!

WOOO!! I got my split grip Aysha!!!!! now to hold it for more then 2 seconds :D haha fitocracy i'm going to whip you bitch!

:laugh:

maybe i should get into pole dancing...just so i can whip my (pudgy) back into shape. i've gained about 15-20 pounds since high school, back when i was fit and trim from horseback riding... :cry:

:laugh:

maybe i should get into pole dancing...just so i can whip my (pudgy) back into shape. i've gained about 15-20 pounds since high school, back when i was fit and trim from horseback riding... :cry:

Come ON! I'm probably a whale compared to you lol. I got fat after working on a field project- isolated from society and having to eat pasta/PB and J every day. Didn't you say you're like a size 5 or 6? I'm a size million. BEAT THAT. lol kidding.

But just ask dsmoody. He knows that pole dancing is soooo good for your arms and core! And no dance-ability required! :D

Complaining about being a size 6 and fat sometimes seems insensitive to those who were previously unaware their size 10 was particularly large. ;) I'm all about finess and health for everyone, but maybe try to keep comparative numbers with negative connotations like that to a minimum?

Complaining about being a size 6 and fat sometimes seems insensitive to those who were previously unaware their size 10 was particularly large. ;) I'm all about finess and health for everyone, but maybe try to keep comparative numbers with negative connotations like that to a minimum?

This is rather ironic that we are talking about this because on my way into work this morning I was listening to a radio station discussing women's sizing, and I was a little taken back by what they considered "tiny" (size 10?) but "fat" (size 14?)... I mean don't get me wrong, I don't think a size ten is "fat" by ANY means, but I don't think I'd call it "tiny" and only a couple sizes higher, a 14 jumps to being considered "fat"??? I wasn't particularly offended, I was just confused :confused: Not to mention sizes change at every clothing store you ever walk into. I'm pretty sure there are some companies that just want to make you feel fat when your normal size is 4 sizes too small :laugh:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Rave: LOTR: Twin Towers. Snow. Back on a proper sleeping schedule (as in, uninterrupted by night terrors). Found my glasses (in my sleep, I shut off my light, took off my glasses...and lost them in the abyss of my bed...)

It doesn't seem fair, this stoopid numbers game. But it's all society measures by - cruel and ironic? It's all about marketing....:mad: (This is why I couldn't stomach business. I just...I couldn't).

Last edited:
To be fair, sunnex didn't say that being a size 6 was fat. She just said that she wanted to lose the weight she has gained. I really don't think anyone was trying to say anything negative.

To be fair, sunnex didn't say that being a size 6 was fat. She just said that she wanted to lose the weight she has gained. I really don't think anyone was trying to say anything negative.

I agree, I think Breenie may have unintentionally combined the two posts from Sunnex and LBunny in her head, but separately I don't think anything negative was directed toward any particular size.

Totally loving this semester's schedule much more than last. Still intense, but no longer requires 26hr Fridays. I have a few more hours each week to see my family. Yay for small celebrations!

Size matters... only when it comes to men though ;) :wow:

Bigger isn't always better :rolleyes:

"It's not the size of the boat, it's the motion in the ocean!"

And, in relation to clothing sizes...
"The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'!"

:laugh: Sorry, I'm super-giddy because I just found out I'm high on Ohio's waitlist!!

I just found out I'm high on Ohio's waitlist!!

Yay! Good for you! At least SOME schools tell people where they are on the waitlist! :mad: Hope you get off the waitlist very soon! :D

Yay! Good for you! At least SOME schools tell people where they are on the waitlist! :mad: Hope you get off the waitlist very soon! :D

Thanks, Em!!!! Me too :p Last time I was waitlisted at IL and pretty much told "Waitlist = huge, 50 or so ahead of you, ain't gonna happen", so this is good news for sure! :laugh:

My rave: I just dropped two courses and a lab, so I'm only taking two classes and one lab. I've been waffling about it, but I decided there's no sense in pushing myself with a full course load (of things I don't need to take) and work the last semester before I start vet school.

I've been spending about two hours in the gym every day (have about 30lbs to lose), my house is clean, I've actually been cooking dinner for my husband and I, and I'm trying to get involved in an indoor volleyball league in the lehigh valley.

I feel relaxed, for the first time in oh, five years. I know it will go away once I start vet school, but I'm committed to making the most out of these next six or seven months!

My rave: I just dropped two courses and a lab, so I'm only taking two classes and one lab. I've been waffling about it, but I decided there's no sense in pushing myself with a full course load (of things I don't need to take) and work the last semester before I start vet school.

I've been spending about two hours in the gym every day (have about 30lbs to lose), my house is clean, I've actually been cooking dinner for my husband and I, and I'm trying to get involved in an indoor volleyball league in the lehigh valley.

I feel relaxed, for the first time in oh, five years. I know it will go away once I start vet school, but I'm committed to making the most out of these next six or seven months!

i dropped a class and a lab too! i'm pretty much set on attending penn so...yeah ;)

you decided on penn for sure right?

oy i was not trying to say that 6 is fat. lissarae is on the ball, i was just saying that i wanted to lose weight that i gained...i never used the word fat nor was trying to "compare" numbers with anyone or put a negative connotation either. i apologize if i came off that way though, not my intention at all!!!

(1) Trilt, your picture is REALLY cute :laugh:

(2) My RAVE: My practice owner and office manager are awesome. I came in to work just put it into the schedule that I need to take time off to do a summer course and then that I was leaving officially in August for Oregon and they were so supportive. My practice owner promised that I will always have a job in VA no matter how long or short my stay and that I have the full support of her and the office manager for referrals/recommendations when looking for a new job in OR/applying for school again. :oops: and that she has so much respect for me (which took me years to earn)

(3) ON the topic of size: Sizes suck, its all relative. The are so many people that have full curves and they are 10x prettier than many of those skinny twigs. It ends up being a balance of confidence, styling, and taking care of yourself ... not what the number on the tag is ... its not worth worrying about ... just saying :)

About sizes:

If you are an average height female (I think 5'4") then probably size 6 is good. If you are shorter (5'0" -5'2") then maybe you can be a size 2 or 4. But if you're a very tall person (5'10" or above) then size 10 actually is on the thin side. It's not about the size, it's about the weight distribution over your height. So, it's really not useful to just talk about size because you could be a size 10 and be overweight if you're short or be thin if you're tall. Ya know?

i didn't want my comment to turn into a size discussion! i feel really bad now for bringing it up, i shouldn't have talked numbers or anything :(

i didn't want my comment to turn into a size discussion! i feel really bad now for bringing it up, i shouldn't have talked numbers or anything :(

Sunnex, don't worry...I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything. I'm just trying to put it in perspective for people who could be reading this and feeling bad about their sizes. I'm sure you are talking about your own size with respect to what is right for your height and frame. But, everyone is so different. As long as we do mostly the right things and are healthy, people of many different sizes and shapes are beautiful.

Sunnex, don't worry...I'm not trying to shoot you down or anything. I'm just trying to put it in perspective for people who could be reading this and feeling bad about their sizes. I'm sure you are talking about your own size with respect to what is right for your height and frame. But, everyone is so different. As long as we do mostly the right things and are healthy, people of many different sizes and shapes are beautiful.

oh bisbee...always the voice of reason on SDN :)

About sizes:

If you are an average height female (I think 5'4") then probably size 6 is good. If you are shorter (5'0" -5'2") then maybe you can be a size 2 or 4. But if you're a very tall person (5'10" or above) then size 10 actually is on the thin side. It's not about the size, it's about the weight distribution over your height. So, it's really not useful to just talk about size because you could be a size 10 and be overweight if you're short or be thin if you're tall. Ya know?
This. It's all relative. sunnex, don't feel bad, you didn't offend anybody and discussion need not get heated. We are all different and all awesome, beautiful/handsome (for you menfolk out there) and amazing people. And I know all that from never having seen anyone's picture.

oy i was not trying to say that 6 is fat. lissarae is on the ball, i was just saying that i wanted to lose weight that i gained...i never used the word fat nor was trying to "compare" numbers with anyone or put a negative connotation either. i apologize if i came off that way though, not my intention at all!!!

Yes me either, I didn't mean to throw numbers out there I just remember a previous thread- and thats why I also said "size million" because its not really a real size. Didn't intend to downgrade sizes or make fun!! :)

And when moving to another country- be aware that all the sizes are messed up and you will be confused for like 4 months... esp when bra sizes are in like 10, 12, 14 and 16...?! wtf?!

SORRY sunnex!! lol it was my fault too :(

Lets talk about hot boys/girls (whichever one you wan...or botht!!) ! Soooo does anyone have any hot pre-vets/vet students in their classes? lol

Lets talk about hot boys/girls (whichever one you wan...or botht!!) ! Soooo does anyone have any hot pre-vets/vet students in their classes? lol

lol lostbunny. not quite a hot pre-vet student but there is a hot intern at work who i've been madly crushing on lately. too bad he's leaving for a residency in about....oh 6 months. hehe. maybe i should get on it while he's still around.... ;) :hungover:

lol lostbunny. not quite a hot pre-vet student but there is a hot intern at work who i've been madly crushing on lately. too bad he's leaving for a residency in about....oh 6 months. hehe. maybe i should get on it while he's still around.... ;) :hungover:

Oh yes, I have not forgotten about him.... lol... but I didn't want to bring it up and then talk about poor sunnex's love life a the next threat topic lol... BUUUT heeey if you insist ;) Sooo didn't you guys go out (people from your work) a little while ago and did hot crush boy end up coming too? .... KISS AND TELL! :D

About sizes:

......how is this supposed to help matters?

Met my very attractive boyfriend in physics 2:rolleyes:

......how is this supposed to help matters?

Part of the previous discussion was about size 10 being big. I was trying to say that it depends how tall a person is. If you're short, it might be big for you; if you're tall it, it might be thin. I simply meant to emphasize that there is no one size that is the perfect size for everyone. As far as "helping matters" goes, I had hoped it might help anyone who had felt bad reading the previous posts to see that what might be a good size for one woman may not be for another.

My first week on Weight Watchers (don't judge, I've tried all the regular calorie counting type deals) and I've lost 1lb. Given that I'm petite and only have about 20-25lbs to lose, that's right on track and I'm very pleased. :)

I've heard such great things about Weight Watchers since they revamped their program not too long ago. It sounds like a more realistic approach to weight loss. Do you feel hungry? Are you able to still eat things you enjoy in moderation?

Just over a week til the MCAT and scheduled my South Miami trip for 4 weeks from today....squeeeeeeeee. I SOOO need it!!!

crap, bathing suit no fit....ahhh, that's a rant :rolleyes: