RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3 vomiting/diarrhea puppies in past 2 days... 0 parvo positive dogs.... 3 better dogs after GI meds.

Yay for no Parvo!

oh man isn't that the best when it's PARVO NEGATIVE??!!!! totally know how that feels :love:

Members don't see this ad.

I just spent a rather painful amount of monies upgrading my camera. My bank cries, my soul is happy. :xf: it gets here before I go to Costa Rica next week.

I just spent a rather painful amount of monies upgrading my camera. My bank cries, my soul is happy. :xf: it gets here before I go to Costa Rica next week.

I did that before a trip to Ireland :luck: two years ago. When I ended up "stuck" in Ireland for an extra week (because of that volcano in Iceland), I thought about selling the damn thing so I could eat lol. But it made it back with me and was completely worth the money! I :love: it! Enjoy! Have a great time in Costa Rica!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if any of you remember my post on my crazy kitties' eating issues- one is a free feeder and the other eats everything in sight, even tortillas! Well my solution was to buy an automatic feeder for the fat one and to put and rfID chip, unlocking, catdoor in the side of a tupperware bin. Well the automatic feeder was broken when it arrived, so I am still waiting to get that figured out...BUT the catdoor in the tupperware bin is working PERFECTLY!! He has figured out how to get in and out and he just goes in whenever he wants!! It took a while for him to get comfortable with the loud locking system, but he has it all down now. And watching the fatty try to get in with no luck is also very entertaining. So glad he can free feed again!

Video to come...

I don't know if any of you remember my post on my crazy kitties' eating issues- one is a free feeder and the other eats everything in sight, even tortillas! Well my solution was to buy an automatic feeder for the fat one and to put and rfID chip, unlocking, catdoor in the side of a tupperware bin. Well the automatic feeder was broken when it arrived, so I am still waiting to get that figured out...BUT the catdoor in the tupperware bin is working PERFECTLY!! He has figured out how to get in and out and he just goes in whenever he wants!! It took a while for him to get comfortable with the loud locking system, but he has it all down now. And watching the fatty try to get in with no luck is also very entertaining. So glad he can free feed again!

Video to come...

Oh yes, I remember this! Glad to hear it's is working both for little kitty and your entertainment purposes ;):laugh:.

It is day 22 of our transit strike... and it may be ending as early as Monday. YAAAAAAY. I might get my independence back!!!

I got to see a Hereford calf born via c-section today. Live and in person, front and center in the operating room. So awesome. Made my entire week. :love: And I'm a small animal person.

I wonder if things like this will ever be mundane and routine? Will there always be something to be excited about?

I am currently eating the most amazing fudge I have ever put into my mouth. I didn't know fudge could be this smooth and delicious! mmmmmmm:love:

Video to come...

I so badly want to see this in video! :laugh:

My rave: my ferrets are seriously awesome about just pooping in the litterbox in their cage. Like half the bottom part of their cage now consists of bathroom area, but there haven't been any "accidents" in the cage in the last week or so.

Plus they're so darn cute. :love:

ENNKB.png

We tried to bread our hospital cat, but the only bread we could find was too small. :(

(The rave part of this is that I work with people who have a good enough sense of humor that this actually was attempted.)

I so badly want to see this in video! :laugh:

My rave: my ferrets are seriously awesome about just pooping in the litterbox in their cage. Like half the bottom part of their cage now consists of bathroom area, but there haven't been any "accidents" in the cage in the last week or so.

Plus they're so darn cute. :love:

ENNKB.png

Adorable!! Feel free to post any other pictures of your ferrets... I have been on a ferret kick lately! Just ask my SO and Breenie.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, in the midst of all my ranting, I just wanted to rave. I have awesome friends who are so understanding. No matter what, I know I have them and that just makes me so happy! One of my best friends always knows how to cheer me up and make me feel better. Don't know what I would do without her!:love:

Our SDN family is also absolutely awesome!

And my number of posts is a palindrome. :whistle: 696 before it changes...

Rant turned rave. This girl has been bullying me and my coworkers since day 1. over a year and a half later, she dug her own grave. I asked my nice co-worker where a patient's chart was so I could check her out. Mean co-worker responds "in releases... where it always is." with her typical mean and condescending tone, as if answering my question was such a chore. I reply calmly, "please stop whining" and walk up front to check out the client. At which point, she runs up front and starts yelling at me in front of the client, forcing the poor woman to wait until she finishes her bitch rant.

She yells "don't tell me what to do and if you have a problem then tell me in the back not in front of a client. (Which I did and she didn't.) She went on in a shrill squawk that "I am professional!!!" At this statement, the client actually giggles (my thoughts exactly). She responds by stomping to the back while I apologize to the client for her behavior. Client leaves and crazy hoe comes back for round two of screaming. My nice co-worker told her to calm down and she yells "NO! Don't try to be peacemaker!!" She then called my managers (her friends) and lies about what happened, saying that I was the one that lost it. She left with a smug grin on her face.

My coworker and I decided to stay and told my vet, the hospital owner what happened. The owner is practically my surrogate father and calls himself my mentor; needless to say he took my side. He was PISSED. He told me that he is sick of her crap (apparently not the first time this kind of **** has happened with her). He's making her apologize to me and my nice coworker and telling her she will be fired if she acts like a bully again. Lucky for me, she will probably refuse to apologize or will be nasty again (she really can't help it at this point) and will be fired very soon. I wish I could see her face when she finds out that lying didn't get her out of trouble. Muahhahaha. :laugh:

I am proud that I finally stood up for myself and my co-workers. The drama ends here. :)

Rant turned rave. This girl has been bullying me and my coworkers since day 1. over a year and a half later, she dug her own grave. I asked my nice co-worker where a patient's chart was so I could check her out. Mean co-worker responds "in releases... where it always is." with her typical mean and condescending tone, as if answering my question was such a chore. I reply calmly, "please stop whining" and walk up front to check out the client. At which point, she runs up front and starts yelling at me in front of the client, forcing the poor woman to wait until she finishes her bitch rant.

She yells "don't tell me what to do and if you have a problem then tell me in the back not in front of a client. (Which I did and she didn't.) She went on in a shrill squawk that "I am professional!!!" At this statement, the client actually giggles (my thoughts exactly). She responds by stomping to the back while I apologize to the client for her behavior. Client leaves and crazy hoe comes back for round two of screaming. My nice co-worker told her to calm down and she yells "NO! Don't try to be peacemaker!!" She then called my managers (her friends) and lies about what happened, saying that I was the one that lost it. She left with a smug grin on her face.

My coworker and I decided to stay and told my vet, the hospital owner what happened. The owner is practically my surrogate father and calls himself my mentor; needless to say he took my side. He was PISSED. He told me that he is sick of her crap (apparently not the first time this kind of **** has happened with her). He's making her apologize to me and my nice coworker and telling her she will be fired if she acts like a bully again. Lucky for me, she will probably refuse to apologize or will be nasty again (she really can't help it at this point) and will be fired very soon. I wish I could see her face when she finds out that lying didn't get her out of trouble. Muahhahaha. :laugh:

I am proud that I finally stood up for myself and my co-workers. The drama ends here. :)

Good for you! I'm sure that felt awesome! It's so satisfying when someone you would like gone screws themselves over while you come out looking squeaky clean (because you are). Yay!

Way to go for standing up for yourself! :hug: I'm proud of you too :)

RAVE: Going to NYC to see my brother - haven't seen him since...Christmas. I can't wait :biglove:

Thank you for the encouragement and support! I feel so free this morning! :love:

My awesome mother-in-law and a bunch of her friends are making raffle prize baskets for a spay/neuter program benefit this next week. What is it called?

SPAYghetti and No Balls!!!!! :laugh:

I love it!

just got into a HUGE fight with my roommates (well, mainly just the med school one, the vet one and i are on the same page) but i think we have finally gotten some issues resolved for a while. fingers crossed!! it was a very good heart to heart conversation (after we got over the initial yelling haha)

My awesome mother-in-law and a bunch of her friends are making raffle prize baskets for a spay/neuter program benefit this next week. What is it called?

SPAYghetti and No Balls!!!!! :laugh:

I love it!

That's hilarious! :laugh:

just got into a HUGE fight with my roommates (well, mainly just the med school one, the vet one and i are on the same page) but i think we have finally gotten some issues resolved for a while. fingers crossed!! it was a very good heart to heart conversation (after we got over the initial yelling haha)

Glad to hear it! Sometimes it's better to confront stuff and talk it out. Glad the yelling was only initial!! :luck::luck:

Glad to hear it! Sometimes it's better to confront stuff and talk it out. Glad the yelling was only initial!! :luck::luck:

it is much better to confront (nicely and positively) than live with a serious grudge! which is what this girl has been doing. instead of just letting us know when something is bothering her, she harbors in until she's ready to explode and that leads to her yelling at the 2 of us and pointing blame, and all sorts of bad conflict resolution skills. so when the two us got into something petty earlier, i called out the other girl and said we are all talking RIGHT NOW!!! and i think it definitely helped! we'll see...

(the petty issue was her walking in on me in the bathroom instead of knocking when she saw the door shut. she still wont budge that it's my fault for not locking it, but i think it's common sense and courtesy to make sure a bathroom is unoccupied before you go barging in!!! oh well, locking the door from now on! i've never had that issue with roommates before haha)

You know what I love about Sundays? No mail. A worry free day where I don't have to stalk the mail man and analyze the thickness of every envelope. Yay for Sunday!!!!

You know what I love about Sundays? No mail. A worry free day where I don't have to stalk the mail man and analyze the thickness of every envelope. Yay for Sunday!!!!
:thumbup::thumbup: Yay for Sundays indeed! I'm a bit of the opposite today - lately, I'm feeling so pressured to mail stuff and getting annoyed when I miss the mailbox drop off. It's nice to get work done today (hopefully) and mail ALL of it tomorrow!

(the petty issue was her walking in on me in the bathroom instead of knocking when she saw the door shut. she still wont budge that it's my fault for not locking it, but i think it's common sense and courtesy to make sure a bathroom is unoccupied before you go barging in!!! oh well, locking the door from now on! i've never had that issue with roommates before haha)

Def agree about the confronting positively. Really? She doesn't even knock?!? Knocking on closed doors is a huge pet peeve of mine (my family is famous for just barging in my room, no knocks required!). Hope things keep improving :luck:

Sundays are the best! I love sleeping in! I'm about to make myself some organic whole wheat pancakes with real organic dark maple syrup and a big cup of (yes, you guess it) organic coffee. I'm already productive! I started a paper that is due on Friday and it's turning out to look kind of fun. (I like writing:oops:.)

I can't wait for Friday- Spring Break! So ready to go home:D. But, before then, I have an exam in ethics and a lab report due tomorrow, a lab practical in mammalogy, a paper due on Friday, an outline for a term paper due on Friday, and a midterm on Friday. Bring it!:smuggrin:

:laugh: So true!

PetPony your ring is beautiful! Glad you are happy! :D

OH MY GOSH! It's so unique and beautiful! So very happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

PetPony your ring is beautiful! Glad you are happy! :D

Thank you! :)

OH MY GOSH! It's so unique and beautiful! So very happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Thank you! In the store they apparently told him it wouldn't be a good choice for an occasion like this, but he took it anyways because he thought I'd like it. And I love it so much! I like it when there is more detail and when they look different from others.

:wow: Can your boyfriend talk to mine? Maybe give him some hints?

We talked about it a little bit, but he said he wanted to wait for a while. But then he really did get one! :D I was so excited!
He doesn't know when he'll go back to Mexico, but he wanted to give me one before he left. Sort of like a promise.

looove your ring :) what a great guy :)

Thank you! He really is!

:love:

I don't think my boyfriend knows what jewelry is. Bahah. It's very pretty, PetPony. :)

Thank you, guys! :)

Also, I found a new future hobby if I ever get my own horse.. equine ski joring!

AR-702149931.jpg&ExactW=620

BKT - Way to go! Here's hoping she's learned her lesson - mean people suck!

Nordicat - Your mother-in-law is a riot! Love it!!!

Kaydubs - Hope you had a blast with your brother!

PetPony - It's lovely. CONGRATS!!!

OK, time for my terrifying moment turned rave of sorts...

I was babysitting my niece yesterday at my place. I'm not 100% baby-proof so I purchased a small between room gate to keep her out of the cat boxes and away from a small set of stairs that lead to a recessed room. But, I needed to move it briefly to get to my bedroom to put away some laundry. The hallway is short and very narrow, so trying to keep the gate out of the way so neither of us trips into the cat box in the hall, stupid me, puts the gate at the top of the stairs... My niece and I make it to and from the bedroom twice with no issue. She helps me put away the rest of my laundry (she loves to open drawers, etc...) and we head back out to the rest of the apartment. On our way out, she sees said gate, puts her right hand on the top, and before I can say 'no sweetie, don't touch that', down she goes with the gate...

It was one of those slow motion moments... My stomach dropped and I was more afraid than I had ever been of anything. It's only 5 steps, but with the gate going with her, I feared the worst given that at the bottom there's a desk - enough momentum and she would make contact. She makes it to the bottom with me close behind. Not even seeing where she lands, I scoop her up as fast as I can while she's, of course, screaming bloody murder being scared out of her mind. All I could think of was 'How could I have been so damn stupid?!?' 'I was so irresponsible putting that where I knew it wasn't safe rather than just closing the door for 10 minutes', 'I'm a dumb-ass', etc... I rush her upstairs to get her into good light; and find that there isn't even a scratch on her. I got so damn lucky. I calmed her down, turned on Elmo, and five minutes later she was right as rain. I am so grateful to all the gods that were looking out for her. Had anything happened to her I would have never forgiven myself. Needless to say I'll be thinking 10 times about anything I ever put in place for 'safety' ever again.

LMMS, I'm glad your niece is okay. Don't be too hard on yourself, though. Young children are unpredictable and it's hard to keep an eye on them every second. Kids are built tough these days! I hit my head so many times on my Grandmother's coffee table, and I turned out just fine! (I think?) :D

BKT - Way to go! Here's hoping she's learned her lesson - mean people suck!

Nordicat - Your mother-in-law is a riot! Love it!!!

Kaydubs - Hope you had a blast with your brother!

PetPony - It's lovely. CONGRATS!!!

OK, time for my terrifying moment turned rave of sorts...

I was babysitting my niece yesterday at my place. I'm not 100% baby-proof so I purchased a small between room gate to keep her out of the cat boxes and away from a small set of stairs that lead to a recessed room. But, I needed to move it briefly to get to my bedroom to put away some laundry. The hallway is short and very narrow, so trying to keep the gate out of the way so neither of us trips into the cat box in the hall, stupid me, puts the gate at the top of the stairs... My niece and I make it to and from the bedroom twice with no issue. She helps me put away the rest of my laundry (she loves to open drawers, etc...) and we head back out to the rest of the apartment. On our way out, she sees said gate, puts her right hand on the top, and before I can say 'no sweetie, don't touch that', down she goes with the gate...

It was one of those slow motion moments... My stomach dropped and I was more afraid than I had ever been of anything. It's only 5 steps, but with the gate going with her, I feared the worst given that at the bottom there's a desk - enough momentum and she would make contact. She makes it to the bottom with me close behind. Not even seeing where she lands, I scoop her up as fast as I can while she's, of course, screaming bloody murder being scared out of her mind. All I could think of was 'How could I have been so damn stupid?!?' 'I was so irresponsible putting that where I knew it wasn't safe rather than just closing the door for 10 minutes', 'I'm a dumb-ass', etc... I rush her upstairs to get her into good light; and find that there isn't even a scratch on her. I got so damn lucky. I calmed her down, turned on Elmo, and five minutes later she was right as rain. I am so grateful to all the gods that were looking out for her. Had anything happened to her I would have never forgiven myself. Needless to say I'll be thinking 10 times about anything I ever put in place for 'safety' ever again.

You sound like such a good and loving aunt to buy the gate and try so hard to keep the baby safe. It's just really hard to anticipate what they might get into, especially if you're not the parent and around her all the time. Don't beat yourself up...even us experienced parents have have many close calls (and also some trips to the ER). Put it behind you and live and learn.

My brother has gotten too many stitched for head wounds to know how many times he got them. My sister has too many concussion to know how many she had. (She might actually quit playing soccer because it's getting pretty bad..) Kids can take some roughness and still survive. Hahaha. But it's good that you're are worried. It shows you care! :)

My sister has too many concussion to know how many she had. (She might actually quit playing soccer because it's getting pretty bad..)

My sister has had three from soccer - my mom made her wear a "concussion band" because the doctor was like uh, your brains are going to be scrambled. So she looked like a dork but hey, better than the alternative!

I do know she's had more than that.. :oops:
She had trouble with her short term memory for a while and took a break. But I think she's back to playing. With her playing nationally for the second year (I think) and playing in the junior world cup for the US before (and getting invited again), soccer might be able to finance her college education. I think that's why she doesn't want to give it up..

Aw, thanks everyone! Yeah, I'm all too well aware that kids take spills, dives, faceplants, etc... Done enough babysitting and camp counseling in my day to have seen more than a few major 'boo-boos'. I just don't want to be the one responsible for my niece's first trip to the hospital before her 2nd birthday. Especially for something as stupid as stairs. Now, lets' say she takes a dive off a dirt bike at 6, that's a different story. Those are true battle wounds!

You parents out there amaze me. You're heroes!! I honestly don't know how so many of us make it to adulthood without more impairment given all the stupid things kids do.

Uncle Vernon: Ahh... it’s Sunday. The best day of the week. Why is that, Dudley?
Harry: [when Dudley doesn't answer] Because there’s no post on Sundays?
Uncle Vernon: Right you are, Harry! No post on Sundays. Hah!

(Am I the only one that immediately thought of this?)

As for my rave: The Red Shouldered Hawks that nest in my front yard are back, and I got to watch them have se...errr...copulate this morning! That means more hawk babies are on their way! Last year I watched the two babies grow up but had to go out of town for some family stuff when they fledged! I was so upset when I came back and they were gone! This year I'm going to make sure I see them leave the nest for the first time!

Uncle Vernon: Ahh... it's Sunday. The best day of the week. Why is that, Dudley?
Harry: [when Dudley doesn't answer] Because there's no post on Sundays?
Uncle Vernon: Right you are, Harry! No post on Sundays. Hah!

(Am I the only one that immediately thought of this?)

As for my rave: The Red Shouldered Hawks that nest in my front yard are back, and I got to watch them have se...errr...copulate this morning! That means more hawk babies are on their way! Last year I watched the two babies grow up but had to go out of town for some family stuff when they fledged! I was so upset when I came back and they were gone! This year I'm going to make sure I see them leave the nest for the first time!

Hahahaha YES!! Love this, huge hp fan :)

And I'm glad you'll have some new red shouldered hawks this spring!!(assuming it was a successful copulation hehe)

They won! They won!! They won the Oscar!!! :clap:

Here are 15 minutes well spent!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adzywe9xeIU[/YOUTUBE]

I'm going home on Friday! I can't wait to see all of my friends, family, pets, and my boyfriend. I am assisting in the exploratory on my future dog next week. Hopefully we will find something and can start treating her for what seems to be IBS. The weather in VA is in the 60's! See ya later, snow!:cool: