RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am doing quite well in THREE of my five classes this semester. Now, the other two may very well be my undoing, but dangit, I can do well in things that jive with my brain a bit better. Anatomy can go take a flying leap.

And my inner smug can't help but give itself a pat on the back when it hears the class grade bragger (we all have one, I know it) talk about their grade and think, holy crap, I did 5 points better than that! Muahaha. I keep it to myself, of course. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

I am doing quite well in THREE of my five classes this semester. Now, the other two may very well be my undoing, but dangit, I can do well in things that jive with my brain a bit better. Anatomy can go take a flying leap.

And my inner smug can't help but give itself a pat on the back when it hears the class grade bragger (we all have one, I know it) talk about their grade and think, holy crap, I did 5 points better than that! Muahaha. I keep it to myself, of course. ;)

I'm doing quite well also (with the exception of the one class which hopefully will turn out to be in that group) for the first time in vet school. I'm not hanging by a thread in everything... it's nice.

I was going to post in the rant thread about how much I hate having to write this history paper. I've had a horrible attitude towards writing it from the beginning on. But... I just realized that we're allowed to double space. I completely forgot about that before. This means I am more than halfway done! My whole attitude changed and I actually kind of like writing it now, just because I know it's not as long as I thought it would be.

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
My camera is out for delivery. c'meerreeee expensive thing! :soexcited:

That's awesome! I bought a new one last semester and it is one of my most expensive belongings. I absolutely love it! What kind is it?

My camera is out for delivery. c'meerreeee expensive thing! :soexcited:

yay! I've been wanting to purchase a new one, but I aaaallways break my cameras so I am scared to take the plunge!!! enjoy your new one :D

I have only been shadowing a vet here for three weeks and was desperate for a recommendation letter for the veterinary incentive program I am applying to. Even though I had only been at the LA hospital for such a short time, I asked the vet I was with for a letter because it was pretty much my only chance. She told me how she would be very honest about everything (time I had been there etc), but would try to do her best. That alone already made me super excited!

I just got an email with a copy of her letter from her. It is more than I ever expected! Yes, she said she only knows me for a few weeks, but the things she said she had learned about me and my motivation to become a vet are amazing! I am so happy I have tears in my eyes. The program puts a big emphasis on the letters and I think this letter might be the reason if I get accepted!

Which would mean I could go to vet school in three years! I am so excited and not so nervous about the application process anymore.

:love:

I have only been shadowing a vet here for three weeks and was desperate for a recommendation letter for the veterinary incentive program I am applying to. Even though I had only been at the LA hospital for such a short time, I asked the vet I was with for a letter because it was pretty much my only chance. She told me how she would be very honest about everything (time I had been there etc), but would try to do her best. That alone already made me super excited!

I just got an email with a copy of her letter from her. It is more than I ever expected! Yes, she said she only knows me for a few weeks, but the things she said she had learned about me and my motivation to become a vet are amazing! I am so happy I have tears in my eyes. The program puts a big emphasis on the letters and I think this letter might be the reason if I get accepted!

Which would mean I could go to vet school in three years! I am so excited and not so nervous about the application process anymore.

:love:

That's great! I never read the letters from my vets, but the Dr left the letter open on her computer and walked away and one of my coworkers hopped on to her computer to look at something and caught glimpses of what the letter said. She said the final sentence was "I would be honored to work with PSILT as a veterinarian." Makes me just feel awesome!

That's great! I never read the letters from my vets, but the Dr left the letter open on her computer and walked away and one of my coworkers hopped on to her computer to look at something and caught glimpses of what the letter said. She said the final sentence was "I would be honored to work with PSILT as a veterinarian." Makes me just feel awesome!

I thought she would send it in herself, but she thinks it's better to keep my whole application together, so I am putting the letter in with everything else and dropping it of personally on Thursday.

She thinks my passion for veterinary medicine is sincerely strong and that I would serve the public well as a veterinarian. :)

I thought she would send it in herself, but she thinks it's better to keep my whole application together, so I am putting the letter in with everything else and dropping it of personally on Thursday.

She thinks my passion for veterinary medicine is sincerely strong and that I would serve the public well as a veterinarian. :)

Hm, you might want to call the school and ask how the letter should be delivered. Maybe in an envelope with the flap signed by the vet? Just for privacy, ya know. The school may not have wanted you to read the letter?

congrats petpony that is awesome :)

it warms my heart to see young'ns who are so passionate about vet med. :love:

Hm, you might want to call the school and ask how the letter should be delivered. Maybe in an envelope with the flap signed by the vet? Just for privacy, ya know. The school may not have wanted you to read the letter?

I specifically asked and they said they didn't have a problem with me printing it out myself and turning it in. I was worried about that, too. But they said it was fine.

1. I just got my offer letter for Grad school! YAY!

2. The fish have moved into their big aquarium and are having a ball sucking up rocks and spitting them out!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just decided/found out that I am going to Chicago with my mom for Spring Break! So essited!

I got my job back at the clinic that laid me off!!
Well, it's only temporary while they search for a certified tech for surgery but at least I get to start working this Friday. Still hoping to get the job with Merck or some other research/pharmaceutical company that has contacted me, but at least I will have an income (albeit rather small) for a while. Maybe I will be able to go to Glasgow after all.

Well, it's only temporary while they search for a certified tech for surgery but at least I get to start working this Friday. Still hoping to get the job with Merck or some other research/pharmaceutical company that has contacted me, but at least I will have an income (albeit rather small) for a while. Maybe I will be able to go to Glasgow after all.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: this is awesome orca2011!!! i truly do hope that you get to go to glasgow.... :luck: :xf:

I hope you hear some good news soon! In the meantime, congrats on getting your job back for a while. At least you don't have to worry about money as much for the time being!:D

BWiNw-600x600.jpg

weeeeee!!!!!
Just because....

Three things:

1) My wife is in the second semester of a 2 semester teaching credential program and she is working so hard! I'm really proud of her (her schedule is killer - 20 units on top of student teaching)!!!

2) Went to the local take n bake pizza shop tonight, paid for one family size pizza (thinking about sending leftovers with aforementioned wife for lunch), and since it was the end of the night, they gave me two larges for the same price!

3) Party Rock Anthem came out as DLC for Dance Central 2 today!

-Back to shufflin'...-

Found a free ride to the conference I wanted to attend this weekend.
Found a roommate (she is from another university... cannot wait to meet her!)

Hotel is a drizzly 30 minute walk away from the conference, but who cares! I am going! I cannot wait to see my classmates from undergrad and my best friend, who will be presenting. Plus, I get to see some interesting presentations and grill the heck out of the poor undergraduate researchers. Cannot wait! :D.

Found a free ride to the conference I wanted to attend this weekend.
Found a roommate (she is from another university... cannot wait to meet her!)

Hotel is a drizzly 30 minute walk away from the conference, but who cares! I am going! I cannot wait to see my classmates from undergrad and my best friend, who will be presenting. Plus, I get to see some interesting presentations and grill the heck out of the poor undergraduate researchers. Cannot wait! :D.

I think I just found a roommate too.... and it is uncanny how much her and I have in common. We laugh about it everyday lol. Hopefully it all works out!

Just finished my midterm lab practical for mammology. Now I can forget the 50 different animal skulls, their habitat, lifestyle, diet, range, and activity patterns that I jammed into my brain over the past week!:soexcited:
I am going to write my outline for my semester paper with my group tonight, and add the final details to my ethics paper. All I have left to do is study for my growth bio midterm on Friday, which won't be that bad!
I JUST WANT TO GO HOME!!!!

Now I can forget the 50 different animal skulls, their habitat, lifestyle, diet, range, and activity patterns that I jammed into my brain over the past week!:soexcited:

I wouldn't forget too much of it... you are going to vet school ;), but I know what you mean. Congrats!

Just finished my midterm lab practical for mammology. Now I can forget the 50 different animal skulls, their habitat, lifestyle, diet, range, and activity patterns that I jammed into my brain over the past week!:soexcited:
I am going to write my outline for my semester paper with my group tonight, and add the final details to my ethics paper. All I have left to do is study for my growth bio midterm on Friday, which won't be that bad!
I JUST WANT TO GO HOME!!!!

Oh gosh, I took a mammalogy class and it was probably the most challenging class I've had. It was awesome and I did well and really enjoyed it, but gosh was it a lot of work. I didn't have to memorize as much in anatomy as I did in mammalogy haha. (PS mammology is breasts, mammalogy is mammals. I got hell for spelling it that way in my class haha)

Have to celebrate a little:

My wife just got accepted into her first choice PhD program, which is the top program in the country, AFTER GETTING 7 REJECTIONS FIRST.

Another piece of evidence that the admissions game, in all fields, is really a crapshoot!

Yesterday she received 4 rejections on the same day, and was in the dumps, today she is floating on air.
:hardy::highfive::prof:

How exciting! Congratulations to your wife! Isn't crazy how things turn out? :)

Oh gosh, I took a mammalogy class and it was probably the most challenging class I've had. It was awesome and I did well and really enjoyed it, but gosh was it a lot of work. I didn't have to memorize as much in anatomy as I did in mammalogy haha. (PS mammology is breasts, mammalogy is mammals. I got hell for spelling it that way in my class haha)
Ah, I always get them confused, especially since I am taking both mammology and mammalogy this semester.

My wife just got accepted into her first choice PhD program, which is the top program in the country, AFTER GETTING 7 REJECTIONS FIRST.

Another piece of evidence that the admissions game, in all fields, is really a crapshoot!

Yesterday she received 4 rejections on the same day, and was in the dumps, today she is floating on air.

this is awesome! congrats to mrs. SOV :) :thumbup: :prof: :highfive:

So awesome! I bet you are sooo proud of her!!! :) Power couple in the making!!! ;)

Wooohooo lady SOV! you must be a proud werewolf :D

Way to go, Mrs. SOV!!! To obtain entrance into a PhD program is certainly something to crow about. CONGRATS!! SOV - I do believe that a party is in order! Top program in the country?!? YAY!!!!!!!!! :D

SOV - Congrats to your wife! What a feeling that must be!!

Rave:
I took my horse to the clinic today for a PRP injection after she injured her RH suspensory ligament 3 weeks ago. The doctors asked if I wanted to do the injection, so of course I said yes! I got to glove up, palpate, insert the needle and inject PRP into the lesion while using ultrasound guidance (an intern manned the u/s probe). I nailed the correct area on my second stick and the interns and doctors were all super nice and helpful :love:

The downside is that my horse is injured, expen$ive and will need months of careful rehabbing :rolleyes:... but at least it was a cool opportunity!

Rave:
I took my horse to the clinic today for a PRP injection after she injured her RH suspensory ligament 3 weeks ago. The doctors asked if I wanted to do the injection, so of course I said yes! I got to glove up, palpate, insert the needle and inject PRP into the lesion while using ultrasound guidance (an intern manned the u/s probe). I nailed the correct area on my second stick and the interns and doctors were all super nice and helpful :love:

The downside is that my horse is injured, expen$ive and will need months of careful rehabbing :rolleyes:... but at least it was a cool opportunity!

Very cool congrats on poking your horse...!!.... now good luck winning her trust back! Lol jk :) my old docile, easy going, puppy dog horse tried to murder the vet after the XC vet checks, and was also afraid of stethoscopes and anything veterinary related.

Good luck rehbbing your mare mare, I'm sure she'll enjoy the spoiling :)

There is just packing, homework, two short papers, a biochem test and 8 hours of flights between me and Costa Rica.

wait... is this a rant or rave? :confused: :laugh:

Also, congrats to Mrs. SOV! Four rejections in a day would be soul-crushing, glad it was remedied quickly!

Rave:

Hey if you want any comfort, my horse is coming back from having PRP treatment and she is sounder than ever. It is a lot of rehabbing, and minor freaking out moments (the injection seems to make them pretty lame for a couple of days), but she is fit and ready for action. Our first event in April. I wish you luck with your horse! :luck:

I just finished my application for the Vet School Guarantee Program. I think I did a really good job at expressing my dreams, wishes and thoughts about vet med in it. I am hoping I will make it to the interview stage, but with the letter my vet wrote me, I think I can make it. And once I'm there, I will do my best to convince them that I am the right person for their program.

I can't say I am sure I will be accepted, but I know I did my best. And if I do make it, I will be in the class of 2019 at UGA CVM. :D :cool:

So things are pretty crappy all around right now, but there was a bright spot this morning. I got a call inviting me to interview for a summer job at school studying disease in dairy cows. Applications closed on Jan 26, and I hadn't heard anything, so I had forgotten about it, so this was a nice surprise.

So things are pretty crappy all around right now, but there was a bright spot this morning. I got a call inviting me to interview for a summer job at school studying disease in dairy cows. Applications closed on Jan 26, and I hadn't heard anything, so I had forgotten about it, so this was a nice surprise.

Glad to hear things are looking up for you, Coquette. I hope you and your family are beginning to heal. Congrats on the interview! :)