Raw Score on the August MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

omam

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know if our paper score report will have the raw score for each section as well as the scaling? I still haven't received my report in the mail...

Members don't see this ad.

they will never tell you the raw scores.

If they did there would be chaos with people complaining about the curves for the different forms.
Anyone who surfs these forums knows how crazy premeds can get

How true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

It makes me sad to know that if you write LSAT when they release the results you can check EVERYTHING online. Your scaled and raw scores, an image of your bubbling sheet, correct/wrong answers, full exam and even your writing sample is scanned and put online. Too bad they don't do it for the MCAT. I think it would be only honest to all of us. We did pay over 200$ for this after all.

Members don't see this ad :)
It makes me sad to know that if you write LSAT when they release the results you can check EVERYTHING online. Your scaled and raw scores, an image of your bubbling sheet, correct/wrong answers, full exam and even your writing sample is scanned and put online. Too bad they don't do it for the MCAT. I think it would be only honest to all of us. We did pay over 200$ for this after all.

i heard they give score reports detailing how u did

Yeah, our craziness, while true, isn't a good excuse. I think there should be more transparency in the whole process. Maybe the LSAT is so meticulous and detailed because it's run by a bunch of lawyers for lawyer wannabes?

i heard they give score reports detailing how u did

They give you your score breakdown i.e. PS-VR-WS-BS

... and they give you a bunch of meaningless charts that show the distribution of scores so you have some idea where you stand in terms of percentiles.

Other than that, you get squat.

Uhh.. there are experimentals. So, if we got our raw scores, we would either get

- raw scores including experimental questions, and then some people are gonna be like OMG my raw score of 60 got a 11 but HIS raw score of 60 got a 12 we had the same form OMFGWTFBBQ

- raw scores not including experimental questions, and through the magic of math, we could figure out the number of questions in an experimental, and if someone happened to remember the # of questions for every passage, it would be (unlikely but) possible to discover which passage was experimental

*cough zebra fish cough solar panels*

So... see how that would be a BAD THING (tm)?

Yeah, our craziness, while true, isn't a good excuse. I think there should be more transparency in the whole process. Maybe the LSAT is so meticulous and detailed because it's run by a bunch of lawyers for lawyer wannabes?

It's administered and run by a different company (not the AAMC). So there is really no reason to expect the same policies. These aren't similar professions and don't have similar entrance exams or policies.