Re-applicant (25, 511, 3.75)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

positiveprotons

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Pritzker and Emory are profound reaches. I'd drop them. there may be other reaches on your list but I'm not going over everyone.
Rush requires substantial clinical experience (EMT, patient care tech), I'd drop that.
Look carefully at your OOS state schools and be sure that they are open to OOS students.
all of the above might have been mitigated if you had a 4.0 in nuclear engineering from a top 10 school (or something along those lines).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Do not give up on this cycle yet. 3 wait lists is good and there will be significant wait list movement after May 1st when those holding multiple acceptances have to decline all but one. If do end up reapplying add:
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Hofstra
Temple
Creighton
Tulane
any new private schools that open in 2017 (Henricopolis, Roseman, etc.)
Also apply to at least 5 DO schools and you are competitive for any DO school. Contact the schools to see which require a DO LOR.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here is a more realistic list:

Miami
St. Louis
Albany
Rochester
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Any new MD school, except Hofstra and Central MI, FIU, FAU and UCF. I can't recommend CNU.
Any DO program, starting with PCOM-GA, all three VCOMs, and CUSOM
Mercer
MCG

Thanks I was accepted yesterday, relieved I do not have to reapply :)

Reactions: 2 users