RE: Application submission help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanAmPremed

CAD > USD - It's true :D
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just submitted my AACOMAS application and am feeling really bummed out because I just submitted it today (didn't submitted earlier b/c I was out of the country). Has anybody who's in medical school or anybody who knows about let me know if am I gonna be at a serious disadvantage or in any trouble with my chances becasue I submitted so late as I know most ppl submited in June.

Any helpful comments would be really really appreciate from my fellow premeds as I am so depressed right now.

Members don't see this ad.

If it makes you feel any better I too submitted mine only last week due to my summer job at a camp, so you are not alone in your uneasy feelings :)

Hey,

Oh you did! That makes me feel a lot better, not that I'm happy you applied late, but still it feels good to be stranded at sea with someone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I just submitted my AACOMAS application and am feeling really bummed out because I just submitted it today (didn't submitted earlier b/c I was out of the country). Has anybody who's in medical school or anybody who knows about let me know if am I gonna be at a serious disadvantage or in any trouble with my chances becasue I submitted so late as I know most ppl submited in June.

Any helpful comments would be really really appreciate from my fellow premeds as I am so depressed right now.

no you are not at a disadvantage..if you think about it..you will be verified by ocotober and then possibly get interviews by december...not late at all! to be honest..i would place you in the 'middle' category as far as when you submitted your aacomas..if you think about it..many others who finishedd the august mcat and didn't work on aacomas before then are only submitting now too :) trust me you'll be fine :thumbup:

Dont worry about it, you are not at the disadvantage. However, you don't have the benefits of applying early. There are many people that are in same position as you, and plus those who have just taken the MCAT. So just hang in there u are gonna be fine.:luck: :)

You should try to be on top of things and check the status of the application frequently to make sure everything is in its place, and if there is anything that AACOM needs from you. Also, when secondaries come in, fill them out ASAP. You can be prepared for the secondaries before you get them, cause some applications can be found on line. You fill them out and wait, and when they ask you to fill them and send them in- boom you have them done already. Good luck!:luck:

I'm applying to most of the D.O. schools and about 16 MD schools. And I'm not applying to ontario medical schools. I'm planning on moving to the states anyways so that is why I'm applying to school there.

So I guess you goto U of Windsor right?

Ah, that's cool! I think I'm only going to do an application for maybe one of the Ontario schools -- not really competitive enough at this moment for the rest.

I actually went to Western. But now that I'm done school, I'm back home in Windsor.

Any particular reason you're planning on moving to the states? I'm kinda in the opposite boat, I'd want to come BACK to Canada later to practice if I go to school in the U.S.

Well to be quite honest. My ultimate goal is to be living in neither. I really want to partake in humanitarian work abroad once I finish my residency and get some experience.