Re-applying next year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lqhstephanie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking about re-applying next year and I'm not sure how much I can do in one year to improve my application.

Currently I'm waiting on 2 waitlists and one of them is my undergrad school(but WL movement has started and people who got off said that the class is about to be full)

I applied on 9/23 and handed in my secondaries around mid-October. I know this is my biggest mistake to apply so late. :(

I am really lost.

Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

Can you provide more information about your applicant profile?

Hopefully you have been keeping up with your ec's the past year. If you are going to reapply this year your app needs to show improvement

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you provide more information about your applicant profile?

Hi
My stats are:
MCAT33(VR10 BS11 PS12)
GPA:3.76
3 years of research, 3 years of hospital volunteer and some overseas shadowing, 1.5 year of teaching experience.

I'm not sure how much they frown upon reapplicant :(

So it seems like the problems in your last cycle were 1) applying too late and potentially 2) interview skills

You have the stats and experience. Rework your personal statement and secondaries to make sure they are perfect and apply ASAP.

Brush up on your interview skills with friends, family, colleagues, etc.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I don't think reapplying will hurt...just make sure you are contributing something more this time around.

Best of Luck.

Reactions: 1 user