Re-applying to PA School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnfieldPA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Over the past 10 months I applied to 5 Physician Assistant Schools and I had my interviews, which led to being waitlisted at two of them. I still have a slim chance of getting into school this year because the window to get off the waitlist is still open. My question is, if I don't get in this year, should I use my previous personal statement from CASPA for my new application? I spent a ton of time writting my last one and was wondering what other re-applicants did or what is recommended. Help is needed, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

AnfieldPA said:
Over the past 10 months I applied to 5 Physician Assistant Schools and I had my interviews, which led to being waitlisted at two of them. I still have a slim chance of getting into school this year because the window to get off the waitlist is still open. My question is, if I don't get in this year, should I use my previous personal statement from CASPA for my new application? I spent a ton of time writting my last one and was wondering what other re-applicants did or what is recommended. Help is needed, thanks.

offtopic, but do u follow liverpool?

if i was on an adcom, i'd like to read about what you've been doing the past year to make yourself a more competitive applicant. you could try integrating that into your previous personal statement, but i wouldn't use the same statement verbatim. showing that you're a reapplicant can work to your advantage, because it shows your determination and hard work. there could be other reasons as to why you were denied admission/waitlisted, like experience, grades/GPA, or interview skills. you can try contacting those schools to find out why you weren't accepted. continue with the healthcare experience, shadowing more PAs, and retake classes if needed. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
"make yourself...more competitive" .

AnfieldPA said:

If you are applying to the same schools, the chances are that they still have your previous statement on file. It can only help you to give them more information about yourself. Write a new statement.

I feel your pain. I applied last year and am reapplying too and dealing with the fact that I LOVED my first essay. But it was more about me. This time, I am going to try to focus more on medicine.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Now I know what to change about my essay. I have already retaken classes and will continue to. I also got a new job as a researcher at a local Medical School. Also, yes, I am a massive Liverpool fan, for the last 6 years.

AnfieldPA said:
Thanks for the advice, everyone. Now I know what to change about my essay. I have already retaken classes and will continue to. I also got a new job as a researcher at a local Medical School. Also, yes, I am a massive Liverpool fan, for the last 6 years.

you'll never walk alone.

good luck with the re-application.