Re-taking courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medrepmn

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This has been addressed several times on the MD and DO threads, but I haven't found it here.
How do the podiatry schools factor re-taken classes into the GPA? Is it like the MD schools, which average the two grades, or the DO schools, which only factors the most recent attempt at a course into the GPA?

Members don't see this ad.

medrepmn said:
This has been addressed several times on the MD and DO threads, but I haven't found it here.
How do the podiatry schools factor re-taken classes into the GPA? Is it like the MD schools, which average the two grades, or the DO schools, which only factors the most recent attempt at a course into the GPA?

They average the two grade....so if you get an F and then and A...i guess you end up with a C.

medrepmn said:

They average the two grades....so if you get an F and then and A...i guess you end up with a C.

I think they average the two as well. It even might be up to the school's discretion.