Reading for PGY1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrVince

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After about half way through my intern year I feel like I have forgotten what little rad onc knowledge I was able to obtain during my last year of medical school. My prelim year has very little focus on oncology. Can any current residents comment on whether there are any recommended resources to read during PGY1 or whether I should just focus on surviving this year?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

After about half way through my intern year I feel like I have forgotten what little rad onc knowledge I was able to obtain during my last year of medical school. My prelim year has very little focus on oncology. Can any current residents comment on whether there are any recommended resources to read during PGY1 or whether I should just focus on surviving this year?
Thanks

PGY-2 here. Nothing can prepare you for the harsh reality that is the start of PGY-2. Remember the whole drinking through a firehose thing from med school? This is worse. I love it, but it's a tough transition.

Just focus on surviving the year and trying to learn how to be a doctor. You'll have the rest of your life to learn radiation.

how can you have time to read lol? I'm rotting away in nights can't feel my arms from doing chest compressions. I'll have whatever you're having brotha.