Realistic chances of acceptance help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Galanm42690

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, first off let me explain the details. On my transcript, I have a CUM. GPA of 2.77 with a science GPA of 3.24. My first 2 years of college I did very poor receiving; 2 F's, 2 W's, and a D . I have since brought my GPA way up from there, and the positive trend is continuing. I still have to take gen. bio 2, physics, and orgo 1&2 as well as stats, and speech being the only real pre-reqs left. I retook the the failed courses (which were not science courses), and received a B and a C in them. I also retook a class i received a W in which was college algebra from my first college semester and got an A. I have a decent amount of C's in non science classes too. I also am a certified pharm. tech. and have been since 2009. As long as I can get my GPA above a 3.0, keep my science GPA up, and do well on the PCAT, what do you think my chances are on getting an interview at a pharmacy school?

Members don't see this ad.

I personally know somebody who got in with a similar story. Bad grades from the past. Been great last 4 years. Not a tech. No real extracurriculars. Didnt retake any prereqs because they were good. Ended up with a cum. 2.7 and around 3.5 science. 90 comp on pcat

Using the law of extremes, I could see you fetching an interview or two. I've known people with 2.5 GPA's getting interviews and getting into pharmacy school -- but those are the exceptions, and not the rules. Challenge yourself, think about how you'll talk about that experience in your interviews, and move forward.

Best of luck.