Realistic Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vinnyam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am i kinesiology major, and will hopefully be going to PT school after i graduate, although i have a couple of concerns and how they may effect my chances. I have a couple of W's on my transcript, specifically in Chemistry and Precal. I retook chemistry and got a B in it and plan on retaking precal eventually. Also i have other W's on my transcripts from when i first went to college at a community college, but they are in irrelevant classes that have nothing to do with kinesiology or physical therapy. Do you think having these W's on my transcripts will hurt my chances?

My overall GPA is a 3.25 right now, but i have yet to take most of the prereq classes. I have only taken Biology, Chemistry I, and Psych and am currently taken anatomy

Any advice or feedback would be very appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Most of the time a W doesn't hurt you. I've heard of a handful of people that were grilled about why they have W's, but that seems uncommon. I'd wouldn't worry about them too much; a W is better than a C/D/F.

Members don't see this ad :)
that's a relief i suppose, the one good thing is that i still have a lot of time to bring my gpa up

Ws don't really matter. Get As in your remaining classes and you should be fine.

I have a few semesters worth of W's and was accepted to half the programs I applied to. W's do not matter. I'm guessing very few schools look at your actual transcript. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Reactions: 1 user
well that feels better knowing there's people that have got accepted under similar circumstances