Reapplicant advice/school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medlax

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reapplicant. UG gpa: 3.4 science gpa: 3.5 MCAT: 29, 30. Shadowing 200 hours, research : one year experience, Presently, taking EMT class, volunteering at family atrium at NYC hospital for one year. Adding DO schools this round. Need advice on schools for both MD, but especially DO. NY resident. IA: freshman year, alcohol, senior year of college: Visitor in my house had marijuana grinder.. All people in house given warning. IA occurred 7 years ago , and 3 years ago. Presently , 24 years old. 3.79 gpa in post back. Thanks so much!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Can you make a list for DO? It's much easier this way. Pretend it's the WAMC board. Can't post without a list ;)

Was thinking of PCOM, NYIT, Touro NY and Drexel, Buffalo, ALbany, SUny Upstate Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
For OOS schools consider
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Albany
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Creighton
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Rosalind Franklin
St. Louis
Loyola
And your state school(S)
With your stats you should be applying to a large number of schools to maximize your chances for an acceptance.

DO- you name it, you're good for it! Think about mission, location, etc, and what would suit you best

And I just saw the 3.79 in post bacc, that's awesome! Congrats on that!- that will certainly bring up UG gpa a bit for MD, but won't replace like DO

what are the top do schools in the northeast I should apply to?

These are the north east ones I could think of off the top of my head that don't have IS pref (a lot do, so they're not on here)
Nyit
WVSOM- not top
LECOM Philly
Vcom-VA- not top
Touro-Ny

If you want other top ones NOT in NE I can give suggestions too

Can I ask a general question about reapplying? Some secondaries ask if I have ever applied to a medical school in the past. Do I have to share this information? Honestly, I just don't want to write an extra essay about what changed in my application when they can just compare the two. What do you think?

Can I ask a general question about reapplying? Some secondaries ask if I have ever applied to a medical school in the past. Do I have to share this information? Honestly, I just don't want to write an extra essay about what changed in my application when they can just compare the two. What do you think?
If you don't have reasons for a school to reconsider you, then why are you reapplying? Why would your results be different? What you want is for your app to get flagged for reapp-specific review at the beginning, instead of getting noticed later for being an undisclosed reapp. The former gives you a chance.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not reapplying to the same schools. I applied MD last year and am applying DO now. My question is if DO schools need to know this

That is a good question. Do the DO schools look down on applicants who have previously applied to MD?

...I just don't want to write an extra essay about what changed in my application when they can just compare the two...
I'm not reapplying to the same schools. I applied MD last year and am applying DO now. My question is if DO schools need to know this
Bolded don't reconcile.

DO schools don't have access to AMCAS.

I reapplied to one MD school that doesn't even ask that question in the secondary, so this isn't relevant to that. Sorry for the confusion. I guess my question is whether there is any benefit to letting DO schools know I applied to MDs first. As far as I can tell, there is none.

How is this list for DO? Would you add any schools? CCOM, PCOM, Rowan, Lecom, Nova Southeastern, New England, VCOM, Touro in ny? Is it too late to add MD schools? Didn't apply to Oakland Beaumont or Western Michigan, but 30 others. Thanks!!!