Reapplicant Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jchunch24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As you already know your lack of shadowing hurt your application. Another factor is the small number of schools you applied to. It is worth reapplying to the schools you applied to before (except Northwestern) and consider adding these:
Quinnipiac
Boston University
Vermont
Hofstra
Albany
New York Medical College
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Wake Forest
EVMS
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Rosalind Franklin
Tulane
Miami
Roseman (new school accepting applicants at some time in the next year)

Reactions: 1 user
As you already know your lack of shadowing hurt your application. Another factor is the small number of schools you applied to. It is worth reapplying to the schools you applied to before (except Northwestern) and consider adding these:
Quinnipiac
Boston University
Vermont
Hofstra
Albany
New York Medical College
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Wake Forest
EVMS
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Rosalind Franklin
Tulane
Miami
Roseman (new school accepting applicants at some time in the next year)
Thank you for your response! So I would not be considered a reapplicant to the added school? Also just curious but why GW and Gtown? Don't they get 12-15k applicants per year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your response! So I would not be considered a reapplicant to the added school? Also just curious but why GW and Gtown? Don't they get 12-15k applicants per year?
You are not a reapplicant to a school you have not applied to before. GW and Georgetown do receive up to 15K applicants a year but probably less than 10K complete the secondaries. They also offer II to over 1,500 applicants so those are decent odds for an interview.

It is unclear if you did those things over the last year or are just starting. The things you have completed count, things you are planning to do don't count. I think you are reaching on some of those schools on your list. Your stats are not exceptional but solidly good, so get MSAR and match schools appropriately. I agree with applying more broadly. Your clinical and non clinical exp for the original app was low so make sure you are beefed up and all your numbers are as good as possible before you reapply (again planned means very little so take a year off if you need to). GL